PDA

View Full Version : NP3900 Suggestions: More Alarms, bookmark folders

cwaidner
08-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Hi!

I just received my Philips NP 3900 and soundwise I'm quite satisfied. I want to use it primary as an alarm clock wking me with my MP3 collection.

Is there any chance to add more than 1 alarm? My wife and I have different wakeup times each day and it is quite cumbersome to switch alarms. Currently I have to:
- stop the music
- click alarm menu
- click ok twice for music (possible to switch off those annoying messageboxes?)
- change the time
- click ok to select only once (I would really like to select only weekdays, but this results in more ok-clicking for annoying messageboxes)
- go to sleep again

Please implement a way to quickly switch alarms. Even my mobile phone is more flexible.

Another problem which results in a lot of unneccessary clicking is selecting which album I want to play. I have organized not only my music, but also pictures and videos on my Windows Home Server, all served via UPnP. When I click on Media Library, I always have to
- Select the server
- Select music
- browse the whole directory structure

Please add a way to bookmark folders as favorites. This would help a lot.

Looking forward for a new firmware ;-)

bye,
Chris

kwinnie
08-12-2011, 03:59 AM
as far as i know, multiple alarms are not supported. but i do think this is a good suggestion. :)

kwinnie
08-23-2011, 06:38 AM
Hi cwaidner,

Hope you don't mind I summarize your suggestion here:
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2027-Share-your-wish-list-here-What-features-would-you-like-your-audio-equip-to-have&p=11019#post11019

See if you have something to add. :D

Rgs, kwinnie

k1200rs
09-12-2011, 12:31 PM
Well, multiple alarms were already suggested when the NP3500 was introduced on the market.
See the Streamium cafe forum.
When you buy such high class product, at a high class price, you would expect several alarms, isn't it? Or you need to have 2 NP3900 in your bed room?

Finally, I am very satisfied with the NP3900 as I already was with my 2 NP3500' and NP2500. The sound is just excellent. It is just a pity that Philips does not go the last mile for what regards the usability.

I would also recommend Skifta to control through Android (smartphone) all my NP devices.

Regards,
Francis