PDA

View Full Version : [Review] German Review of BDP2800

Toengel
08-09-2011, 05:29 PM
Hi,

you can find a review (German) of the BDP2800 here: http://www.areadvd.de/hardware/2011/philips_bdp2800.shtml

Toengel@Alex

kwinnie
08-10-2011, 03:44 AM
things i like best abt this player:

great finishing/
does not look cheap/
reasonable price/
slim, very slim

JuMe
08-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Since my player is ”almost” 2800 (it’s 2850, don't know if there is any significant difference between these two), I’ll put my review here:

Positive:
- good picture quality
- loads DVDs and blu-rays quickly (if compared to other players I've tested, but there aren't many)
- plays VCDs and SVCDs
- EasyLink works fine with Yamaha AV-receiver
- although the price is low, it doesn’t look or feel cheap

?
- the boot up takes about 20 seconds, but I don't know if it's fast or slow compared to other brands or Philips models

Negative
- disc tray lockup-problem during boot up
- One touch play –feature should be better designed
(I wrote about these problems in another thread:
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2073-WISH-Improvement-for-quot-One-touch-play-quot)

This player is excellent value for money, and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good basic blu-ray player.

kwinnie
08-11-2011, 10:13 AM
thanks for sharing your hand-on experience :)
just wonder what you mean by "disc tray lock up problem"// let me know more.

Toengel
08-11-2011, 10:16 AM
Hi,

he means that one is not able to eject a disc during the boot process... (present on all BDPs)

Toengel@Alex

kwinnie
08-11-2011, 10:20 AM
i see...thanks for explaining :D

Toengel
08-11-2011, 10:34 AM
Hi,

and since that drawback and the "automatic play feature" one could only eject the disc, after the player started fully and the disc is loaded and played...

Toengel@Alex

JuMe
08-11-2011, 08:04 PM
@Toengel, interesting to know that tray lock up is also present in other (= more expensive) models. I guess it’s hardware-related problem, otherwise Philips would have probably fixed it with a software update.

However, other two major problems - the “stupidity” of the EasyLink One-touch play and forced auto play – could be fixed, but something tells me I shouldn’t hold my breath while waiting for a software update to come.