PDA

View Full Version : Match Line remote device problem

SteveHi
08-12-2011, 12:02 PM
Hello

I have just been given a quality Philips TV (Match Line). There is a manual on/off switch on the TV set itself, but no other manual buttons.

I am unable to do ANYTHING with the TV remote control (volume doesn't work when I press the Vol + button, I cannot access the Menu since the Menu button doesn't work, etc). The remote device has new batteries in it.

I do have a remote device for the freeview box, but I am not able to increase the TV volume using this device (but I can access a Menu - to see the different channels, etc).

Does it sound as if I have a TV remote control device problem and is it likely that buying a new 'universal' remote control device might resolve the problem?

Is there anything else I should try - I am a bit naive when it comes to TVs, etc.

Thanks

Steve

Philips - Thomas
08-12-2011, 12:27 PM
Hi SteveHi,

Can you please post the Model No of the TV?
(xxPFxxxx, xxPFPxxxx, xxPFPxxxx, xxPWxxxx...)

Thanks
Thomas

SteveHi
08-12-2011, 12:40 PM
Hello Thomas

Thanks for your reply.

There is a sticker on the back that reads: 32PW9625.

Thanks again

Steve

Toengel
08-12-2011, 01:35 PM
Hi,

you can try the following to be sure if the remote works or not: Take a digital camera an look on the screen of the camera. Point the camera on the IR sender of the remote. You should be able to see, if the remote works / sends some commands - should be visible as red light...

Toengel@Alex

SteveHi
08-12-2011, 02:04 PM
Hello Toengel@Alex

Thanks for your message.

I done as you suggest. If I press the Menu button I can see a kind of purple light; the same if I press the P+ button. But if I press the Vol + button, I see nothing (the sound on the TV is so low).

But when I press the Menu button and point it at the TV itself, nothing happens - no on screen menu.

Does it sounds as if I need a new Remote control and, if so, which one would be compatible?

Thanks again.

Steve

Toengel
08-12-2011, 02:11 PM
Hi,

that really indicates that your remote control is defect... if you have warrenty for your TV just call your local Philips hotline...

Toengel@Alex

SteveHi
08-12-2011, 02:32 PM
It's out of warranty, I'm afraid. I am happt to get anothger remote as long as it is compatible.

Thanks for your help.

Steve

Philips - Thomas
08-12-2011, 02:36 PM
Hi Steve

this is an CRT TV, unfortunately this Kind of TVs are not supported via this Forum.
However, from what i know from this TVs, i would strongly recommend to see if the original Remote is still available because it is not possible to run a channel search with a universal Remote.

pls check with your Local Call Center:
http://www.support.philips.com/support/catalog_selector.jsp?COOKIE=off

Regards
Thomas

SteveHi
08-12-2011, 02:41 PM
Hello Thomas

Oh, right. I didn't know that.

Thanks a lot - I will contact Philips.

Regards

Steve