PDA

View Full Version : does 52pfl8605 digital out provides 5.1 surround?

Udi
08-14-2011, 02:08 PM
Hi.

I want to know please,

lets say i connect my DVD to the TV with HDMI,
And the home theater system digital in (coaxial) to the TV digital out (coaxial).
I play a movie on my DVD.

Will the sound going from the DVD to the TV and back to the Home Theater System will be 5.1 surround????

This is very important to know, so i would consider how do i wire the entire system (XBOX, DVD, Digital TV receiver, PC)

Toengel
08-14-2011, 03:30 PM
Hi,

it should only work if you connect your TV and HTS with HDMI (there the HDMI ARC - audio return channel will be used)... Via coaxial you only have 2.0 PCM...

Toengel@Alex

petasis
08-14-2011, 03:46 PM
If you send DD through HDMI to the TV, the SPDIF output of the TV will send the DD received (passthrough). At least this is what happens in my 9705.
But it will *not* pass through DTS. Only DD.

Udi
08-14-2011, 03:55 PM
Hi,

it should only work if you connect your TV and HTS with HDMI (there the HDMI ARC - audio return channel will be used)... Via coaxial you only have 2.0 PCM...

Toengel@Alex

Thank you..!

And one Last question please!

Lets say i have an HTS connected to the TV via HDMI 1 (arc 1.4).
and also have an XBOX connected via HDMI to the TV's HDMI 2. (1.3 not arc)

i play my XBOX game.

Will i hear the sound of the game on my HTS???

Will the sound from my XBOX will go to the TV's HDMI 2 and then BACK to the HTS connected via the HDMI ARC?

Toengel
08-14-2011, 04:10 PM
Hi,

should be - but I can't be 100% sure... I do not have such setup...

Toengel@Alex

Udi
08-14-2011, 04:16 PM
Hi,

should be - but I can't be 100% sure... I do not have such setup...

Toengel@Alex

its the only logical setup :)

it requires the least amount of cables... don't you think?

Toengel
08-14-2011, 04:20 PM
Hi,

I don't know if your HTS has more than one HDMI input... maybe you could also connect all to your HTS and only one HTS-TV connection... you need to try ;-)

Toengel@Alex