PDA

View Full Version : no playback of ARD/ZDF 720p HD recordings on disks or files

FSNAVI
08-16-2011, 09:36 AM
I have a new BDP 5200-12 player with the latest firmware. This player is unable to read Blue Ray Disks or any video container format or video file which contains an original 720p HD recording of the German ARD/ZDF HD programs. My old Samsung player has no problems to read Blue Ray disks with such content. Based on an internet research, I suspect that other Philips player show the same problem. Such files are played, but only sound without picture.

Is there a way to play ARD/ZDF HD recordings without re-encoding?
With time consuming re-encoding in another AVC format ( especially without the Mediainfo parameter "Format_Settings_GOP : M=16, N=32") everything works fine.

Again: Is there a way to play such files without re-encoding?

FSNAVI

Toengel
08-16-2011, 10:22 AM
Hi,

as far as I know the Video Profile isn't supported on the BDPs - but I think there are tools to change this information without reencoding...

Toengel@Alex

FSNAVI
08-16-2011, 11:22 AM
Hi,

as far as I know the Video Profile isn't supported on the BDPs - but I think there are tools to change this information without reencoding...

Toengel@Alex

According to Mediainfo the video profile of ARD/ZDF 720p HD recordings is High@L4.1. That should be supported by all BDP. I can create video files with this profile which will be played by my BDP.

Regards
FSNAVI