PDA

View Full Version : Fidelio ds3510 not playing music from ipad 2

dharric
08-21-2011, 02:59 PM
I just bought this device downloaded the software onto my ipad 2 and its not playing music from my ipad 2. The music only plays from the builtin speakers on my ipad, instead of the fidelio's speakers. It does seem to charge it though. Funny thing is my two iphone 4's work fine, both charging and playing music. I have ios 4.3.5 on my ipad.

Toengel
08-21-2011, 03:17 PM
Hi,

maybe your Fidelio needs an update (I don't know if this is possible - I do not know this device). Is the iPad supported by the Fidelio?

Toengel@Alex

dharric
08-21-2011, 03:30 PM
Yes it works with ipad. That's why I bought it. When I went to download the software I made sure to download the latest ipad version. I also tried uninstalling/reinstalling the software and rebooting my ipad, but those steps did not work. When you say fidelio needs an update do you mean the software or the firmware on the hardware? If firmware how to I update the firmware?

Toengel
08-21-2011, 06:35 PM
Hi,

I don't think there is a update for the fidelio... In the specification it's written that only the iPad 1 is supported - maybe Apple changed something... You should call the local Philips service and ask, if the iPad 2 is supported...

Toengel@Alex

SoundWave
08-22-2011, 03:57 PM
Have you checked to see if the Fidelio app needs an update? Maybe this might help? :confused:

dharric
08-22-2011, 06:03 PM
Thanks guys. But I downloaded the latest app, there is no later one. One additional thing I did notice is that the weather window on the upper right does not update either. So it looks like the app is not ipad 2 ready. I hope they release an update. I specifically bought the device to use with both my iphone and ipad 2.

kwinnie
08-23-2011, 05:07 AM
I don't have this device... but I have tried on my friend's Philips docking speaker.
So, it's a bit strange that both my friend and I are using iphone 3Gs, but his can play and mine cannot play via the docking speakers. We then tried on different scenarios to see what's the problem (because I'm pretty sure my iphone is "healthy")

Then my friend tried to close all the back-running Apps on my device and then we tried again... it did work ...

I'm not sure if this is the same prob to your iPad, but maybe you can have a try to close the back-running Apps?

Philips - Gary
08-23-2011, 10:19 AM
Hi dharric,

The DS3510 should work with the iPad2, as you're able to charge it this is a little odd.

As kwinnie has suggested it would be worth closing any open Apps which may be running in the background, also if you are using a protective case it would be worth removing this.

Please let me know if this does not help, we will be looking into the reported issues from our end many thanks for bringing it to our attention.

pad
09-11-2011, 07:54 PM
same situation here. at the beginning, everything worked find with my ipad2 and ds3510; then, not able to charge from the docking station or even change the option on fidelio app. i deleted the app and then reloaded it. no good results. so you are not alone... i look forward for good support with this one.

kwinnie
09-12-2011, 02:16 AM
I don't have this device... but I have tried on my friend's Philips docking speaker.
So, it's a bit strange that both my friend and I are using iphone 3Gs, but his can play and mine cannot play via the docking speakers. We then tried on different scenarios to see what's the problem (because I'm pretty sure my iphone is "healthy")

Then my friend tried to close all the back-running Apps on my device and then we tried again... it did work ...

I'm not sure if this is the same prob to your iPad, but maybe you can have a try to close the back-running Apps?

Hi Pad,

Have you try closing all the iphone/ ipad background apps?

pad
09-12-2011, 06:38 AM
hi Kwinnie,
yes I did. no good results. the strangest thing is that the app per say doesn't allow me to change the settings (to put the charging device switch active, to activate the wi-fi...)