PDA

View Full Version : HTL3140B Soundbar with Philips tv no sound through HDMI or AUX

servant38
01-06-2016, 01:40 PM
Hello, I have a problem with my soundbar which I just bougth 2 weeks ago.

Specs:

Philips Soundbar HTL3140B
Philips 7000 LED series 47pfl7456h12 ambilight
Philips Highspeed HMDI 2.0 3D ultra HD HDMI cable

Tried connecting soundbar through HDMI which I connected with the HDMI ARC port on my television. When choosing source on my soundbar , I choose HDMI ARC and it just kept blinking which means my television doesn't support this however it has a HDMI ARC port. I tried different HDMI cables but no succes. Tried other HDMI ports on my tv, no success. Tried AUX source with red and white composite cables, no succes or sound.

I found something on the internet about Easylink function on my tv, which should be enabled. Found it in my menu, enabled it and enabled HDMI ARC and sound went through my soundbar so I thought it was solved. Next day I tried looking a movie with sound from my soundbar, with Easylink still enabled and HDMI arc still enabled. HDMI ARC started blinking again on my soundbar and everything was lost again.

Someone in the soundbar section told to update the software so I did. Downloaded latest software on USB stick, inserted in soundbar, followed the manual and upgrade was starting, got message "Done". Restarted the soundbar, still no sound with HDMI ARC.

I m trying to get this work again because I don't know what to do anymore and I am little tired of searching for solutions because this should work immediately when I buy this. If there is no proper solution, I will bring this back to the shop and a will ask my money back.

Can anyone please help me with this? It's not possible I am the only one with this problem.

Thanks! Jeroen