PDA

View Full Version : wac700/05

olly17
08-23-2011, 03:32 PM
When I turn on my system all I get is he same screen.HELP!"BOOTING UP" screen.I have even tried leaving the system on for several hours and I still get the same message.HELP!

olly17
08-23-2011, 03:39 PM
my wac700/05 wireless music centre will not go past the BOOTING UP screen even if I leave it turned on for several hours(I have even left it on overnight).Has anyone else had this problem but more importantly does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Philips - Gary
08-23-2011, 03:44 PM
Hi olly17,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble booting up your WAC700. Have you tried unplugging the unit from the mains power? I would recommend disconnecting for around 30secs and trying again.

If this doesn't help then there may be a problem with your unit in which case I would recommend contacting your local support to discuss the matter in further detail and obtain any necessary repair options.

As your location indicates you're in Manchester here's the number for the UK consumer care team: 0800 331 6015

If this is incorrect you can find our other local support numbers here:

http://www.support.philips.com/support/catalog_selector.jsp?COOKIE=off

kwinnie
08-24-2011, 03:18 AM
yes, did you unplug the power and try again? (as suggested by Gary)
since you cannot even turn it on, there's no way to access to the menu to reset it or whatsoever...

BerndZ
11-29-2011, 01:56 PM
my wac700/05 wireless music centre will not go past the BOOTING UP screen even if I leave it turned on for several hours(I have even left it on overnight).Has anyone else had this problem but more importantly does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Hi olly17,
interested in a solution with your hd?
Please write a mail to *email address removed*
Visit http://www.streamiumcafe.com/vBulletin/index.php and maybe you'll find some posts to your problem.

@ admin: Is that the right way to give support?

Regards.
Bernd

Philips - Gary
12-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Hi BerndZ,

A polite reminder that you should not post personal details to the forum, also the forum should not be used to promote 3rd party products or services.

If you have suggestions on how to remedy a reported issue please post these to the forum so that all members of the community may benefit.

Kind regards,

Gary

lucas1970
12-01-2011, 11:17 AM
Maybe better send a PM then to each other

BerndZ
12-01-2011, 11:40 AM
Hi BerndZ,

A polite reminder that you should not post personal details to the forum, also the forum should not be used to promote 3rd party products or services.

If you have suggestions on how to remedy a reported issue please post these to the forum so that all members of the community may benefit.

Dear Gary,
thanks for your message.

I don't promote 3rd party products. It was a offering to olly17 to give support solving the problem with his waC700.

I've heard that Philips isn't able to solve problems with the well known "Booting up. Please wait ..." message for such an old machine. But maybe that isn't correct.

Best regards from
Bernd

BerndZ
12-01-2011, 11:41 AM
To lucas1970: You're right :)
Bernd

Philips - Gary
12-01-2011, 02:13 PM
Hi BerndZ,

Unfortunately we cannot discuss what is or is not possible from a service perspective on the forum.

As advised in my previous message the email address was removed from the post as personal details should not shared. We are not trying to prevent you from helping each other.

Feel free to PM other members however we would encourage you to post your recommendations to the forum so that everyone can benefit from them.

Kind regards,

Gary

BerndZ
12-01-2011, 05:22 PM
We are not trying to prevent you from helping each other.

Feel free to PM other members however we would encourage you to post your recommendations to the forum so that everyone can benefit from them.

Hi Gary,
I've done this for several years in the StreamiumCafe and now this forum is closed.
The waC700 is an old system and I can understand that Philips isn't interested in giving support to such an old (?) machine. Philips is interested in selling new products. Maybe that's the reason why we can't find a forum for one of the first Streamiums :(

Regards. :)
Bernd

willow
12-04-2011, 02:34 PM
I keep checking back but the latest Gracenote update for the WAC700 was Q4 2009. (It's now Q4 2011!!)

I only bought my system in 2007 so less than two years later Philips stopped supporting it!!

Will any further Gracenote updates be issued?

It's really annoying as I've not been able to rip any CD that I bought in the last two years.

The system works great but lack of updates is really frustrating.

I'd be reluctant to buy another Philips product ever again.

Tias
12-05-2011, 10:41 AM
Hi !

I strongly suggest that you rip your CD's on your PC and then upload the tracks to your WAC. It is definitely faster to.

Cheers !

willow
12-05-2011, 12:13 PM
Thanks for that suggestion. I'll have a look. Does that transfer all the track info with it?

Tias
12-05-2011, 02:33 PM
Well, you must use a software that stores the track info with the MP3's.
Most ripping S/W does this. You can even try Windows Media Player IIRC.

Cheers !

willow
12-05-2011, 02:54 PM
Thanks Tias.

Do you upload to WAC700 by memory stick or CDR?

I still think that Philips should be issuing Gracenote updates though. :-(

flimflam
12-05-2011, 09:30 PM
Trying searching in Google for : WACHANDLER

This is free software written by Tias and will solve your problem of how to rip and transfer tracks to your WAC700. Most people on the Streamium Cafe forum (Philips forum!) use this excellent piece of software. Luckily Tias (and others (Bernd!) )have come over to this forum. If you take a look at the the Streamium Cafe you will see that they were the people who provided answers that HELPed people.

To be honest I've always tended to rip my CDs on my PC and transfer over to the Streamium as it is quicker and you automatically have a backup of the track on your PC in case your Streamium dies.

Hope this helps.

flimflam
12-05-2011, 09:40 PM
Try not to be too helpful Bernd!:o

Ummm. Looks like it could be problematic to offer your 'special' help with the HD on this forum. :rolleyes:

Dear Gary,
thanks for your message.

I don't promote 3rd party products. It was a offering to olly17 to give support solving the problem with his waC700.

I've heard that Philips isn't able to solve problems with the well known "Booting up. Please wait ..." message for such an old machine. But maybe that isn't correct.

Best regards from
Bernd

BerndZ
12-13-2011, 03:57 PM
Thanks for your hint. :)
Bernd

spanata
01-15-2012, 06:18 PM
Help ! I have windows 7 and a WACS700/2
Am desperate

Kevsun
02-28-2012, 08:58 PM
Try right click on the WADM programme and select "Troubleshoot compatibility".
This worked for me on Windows 7.
Like other owners, I am also not very pleased with Philips lack of interest in supporting us with what they call an old product even though it is only a few years old. Canon are same though with my scanner!

Tias
02-29-2012, 01:35 PM
Or try my WACHandler (http://www.lucia-mathias.com/wacs/), it works much better with Windows 7 and the WAC700 than the WADM application. It also lets you configure the WAC700 (WADM does not have the possibility).

Cheers !

Adam
03-03-2012, 09:09 AM
Can anyone tell me what software I need to put on a new replacement hard drive. I am struggling to find help with this. I am new to this forum. Is there any link/instructions to download the initial files needed in order for a new drive to boot up. It seems crazy that a faulty hard drive should render the whole music system plus satellites useless. The official repair costs from philps are not reasonable enough to take that route. Kind regards

Tias
03-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Hi Adam !

Send a PM to Berndz in this Forum. He has info about all you need to know regarding a HDD replacement.

Cheers !

Adam
03-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Thank you