PDA

View Full Version : HTS9140/12 looses settings

KinkyGG
08-23-2011, 04:00 PM
Hi,

the HTS "loose" my settings. I've noticed this three days ago because the HTS didn't start as I turned on my TV (EasyLink Autostart via HDMI-ARC, usually). Now I get the same problem every time I turn the system on/off (Standby, too!).

Even the system language changes from German to English. But when I choose "default settings" the system language will be changed to German, so they can't be the settings the HTS switches to.

The radio frequences aren't affected. Thy're saved and working fine.

I've updated to v52.01 two weeks ago. Is there a way to overwrite the firmware?

kwinnie
08-25-2011, 02:47 AM
There are 2 reasons that can be addressed to for the setting looses issue:
1. Software bugs
2. Components (e.g. memory in the unit) has corrupted.

Since after upgrade, the issue didn't happen right away, it's like 2 weeks after you discovered this issue. I think it doesn't seem to be a software bug

if it's the second reason, then i think the forum can't help much...

KinkyGG
08-25-2011, 07:34 AM
Thank you kwinnie.

I've installed the newest firmware (v52.01) again without any effect.
I'll better contact Philips-Support...

kwinnie
08-25-2011, 09:40 AM
yea, it seems to be a component problem.
if you know what the problem actually is from Philips support (you'll go to service?), please advise us as well (just in case there are other users experiencing the same prob)

thanks...

teknoteemu
09-02-2011, 06:02 PM
I bought my stuff month ago, all worked fine and my 40PFL6606T/12 found HTS7201/12 right away. Suddenly, about week ago hts buttons disappeared from tv's home menu. I checked the cables and everything was like before (HDMI arc connected to my hts) I reset factory settings and installed them both again with no luck. I haven't done any firmware upgrades or whatsoever that could possibly change the setup.

Kiro
09-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Hi Teknoteemu,

I read on this topic:
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2144-Philips-HTS-7202-and-WIFI

that a new firmware is about to be released. I would give it a chance (once available, of course ;))

Regards,

Andrea

KinkyGG
09-08-2011, 12:37 PM
Hi,

I sent the device to Euro-Repair-Center nine days ago and it came back today.
They renewed the "Digitalstufen" (don't know the english word ;-)) and made a software update.

It seem to work...

kwinnie
09-09-2011, 03:03 AM
thanks for update KinkyGG :)
Glad that it works again ...