PDA

View Full Version : Cover album doesn't appear

gd170665
08-24-2011, 11:18 AM
Hi to all,

I've reset my Philips GoGear Muse (SA2MUS32S/02).
After transfer music album (with cover) from music library (on p.c.) to Philips device with Philips Songbird, when I play music on Philips GoGear Muse cover album is not displayed.
After the reset operation, directory "Album" or "Albums" (I don't remember exactely) doesn't exist.
Anyone can help me to resolve this problem?
Thanks!

Giancarlo

Philips - Andrea
08-24-2011, 12:00 PM
Hi Giancarlo,

When album artwork does not appear, this indicates that the ID3 tag information is missing or incomplete within the album file.

I would recommend that you try fetching the album art again using Songbird (via Tools tab) to see if this resolves the issue.

If the issue still persists, please let me know whether you can see the album art on the PC or whether it is missing from the GoGear only.

Kind regards,
Andrea

gd170665
08-25-2011, 10:02 AM
Hi Andrea,

Thank you for your answer.
I use always Songbird (tools tab) to find album cover but the problem remains.
When I connect Philips GoGear to p.c. (via usb), with Songbird I see cover album both in "Catalogo multimediale" (I suppose music library on the p.c. in english version) and "Dispositivi" (Philips GoGear contents image).
In my opinion the problem is due by the absence of the folder named "Album" or "Albums" (what is its correct name?) and of its contents file (list of albums loaded in Philips GoGear); before I've reset Philips GoGear, that folder was present! However, I've created, alternatively, both the folder "Album" and "Albums" but in either case, no file was created in the folder with the transfer operation (is the ID3 tag information that you advert?).
Thanks. Best regards.

Giancarlo

Philips - Andrea
08-25-2011, 12:18 PM
Hi Giancarlo,

I think due to the issues you have described it would be best to repair your GoGear (restoring to factory settings).

Please ensure that all files stored on your GoGear are saved to your PC before repairing your player. To repair your player via Songbird, please see the below steps:

1. In Songbird, select the TOOLS tab --> REPAIR my GoGear/ Muse
2. Please then follow the on-screen steps to successfully repair the device.
3. Once the repair has completed, please then re- add all files including album artwork onto your GoGear.

Kindest regards,
Andrea

gd170665
08-25-2011, 03:37 PM
Hi Andrea,

I've already done many times the procedure "Riparare il mio Philips" (the same, I think, of "Repair my GoGear/Muse") and after, on Philips GoGear settings, "Format device" and finally re-add music file and album artwork through Songbird, but the problem remains.
Also, I've re-installed Songbird, but...
Unfortunately, my fault, at the first reset I've not done a backup of the folder and files stored in Philips GoGear!
It's possible to have a list of this object and, if present, receive the missing objects?
Thanks. Best regards.

Giancarlo

Philips - Andrea
08-25-2011, 03:50 PM
Sorry to hear this Giancarlo,

It does sound like there is a fault with your GoGear as you have already tried repairing your device.

So, in this instance I would recommend contacting your local Italian customer care team for further assistance:

Tel: 800 088774 (Numero gratuito)
Luned́ - Venerd́: 08:00 - 20:00

Kindest regards,

Andrea

gd170665
08-25-2011, 10:02 PM
Hi Andrea,

Thank you for the support.
Best regards.

Giancarlo

edoardo
09-09-2011, 02:36 PM
Hi all!

I am having a similar problem. I only have a few albums (in FLAC format) and all of them have their respective covers. If I connect my device to my PC and open it from Songbird, selecting a tune shows the respective cover. But if I use my GoGear the covers are not shown (only 3 are shown). What makes it even more strange is that when I uploaded the albums (with cover) to my GoGear the covers were there. The day after they disappeared. Browsing the GoGear using Windows Explorer I can see the covers inside the folder "Albums" (extension .alb). I think this is a bug since I already did repair the GoGear using "Repair your device", resettet everything, re-formatted everything. But this buggy behavior is still there and sincerly quite ruins my pleasure with this device.

gd170665
09-09-2011, 10:08 PM
Hi Edoardo,

Thank you for your testimony (although I regret to know that this isn't a isolated problem).
However, I want give many thanks to Philips service for replacement of the faulty unit, just today.
Best regards.

Giancarlo Demanuele

edoardo
09-09-2011, 10:34 PM
Hi Giancarlo!

I suppose you are Italian like me so let me just say CIAO and go on in english so that everybody can understand.

I bought my unit in July and this problem with the covers was there from the beginning.

Some days ago it simply stopped working. Called Philips and followed all the instructions (reset etc.) without success.

I brought my unit to the next Philips assistance (in Pescara) and after 1 day they called me to say that my unit was repaired and ready to be picked up. So I went to Pescara and picked up my unit. It was possible to switch it on again and my small collection (about 10 albums) was still there but the covers were gone.

I reuploaded the albums (after having deleted them) using Songbird (always including the respective cover) and (again!) they were not shown or they were shown just until I switched off the unit: when I switched back on they had disappeared.

Now I don't know if my unit is faulty but I must say that it's quite disappointing!

Another strange behavior I could experience is that it seems not possible to put FLAC files on the microSD card (I bought a 32 Gb one, Kingston brand). If I select the funcion MOVE, after having waited for the process to be completed the FLAC files are not in the microSD.

Anoother question: What are .alb files? I expect them to be associated to the songs of the respective album but it doesn't seem to be so. If I delete the songs from the device (using Songbird) and then look inside the device using Wndows Explorer te .alb files are still there!

Philips - Andrea
11-22-2011, 09:36 AM