PDA

View Full Version : 42PFL7456K/02 - USB Keyboard/Mouse

MadMax64
08-24-2011, 09:00 PM
Hello,

I am new to this forum and say "hello" to you all.

I just bought an 42PFL7456K last week and in its product description in the section "smart tv" there is noted,
that usb keyboard and mouse is supported. I want to use that for NET TV and that point was one of some reasons for buying that TV.

I bought a keysonic mini keyboard (with integrated trackball) connected it to one of the two USB-Ports and...nothing happened.
When I connect the Wireless receiver for the keyboard (can be used via cable or via wireless) there shows a message "device connected that is not suported!"
I didn't find any possible configuration or something like that. Inside the online help I also didn't get any information about connecting keyboards to my Philips TV.
Is there a sort of supported keyboard list? Does Philips offer a special keyboard/mouse combo or am I doing something wrong?

Actual firmware (000.010.094.001) has been installed sucessful via usb.

Thank you for your answer(s).

Cheers Matthias

standards
08-24-2011, 09:43 PM
Hello, I'ce got the same problem with my Design Line 7906. The product data sheet says, USB keyboards are accepted, but nothing happens when connecting them (in my case a Logitech Wii wireless keyboard). I'm going to call the Philips hotline tomorrow...

sngbcn
08-25-2011, 07:41 AM
Hi guys,

If it helps I already contacted Customer Service and they told me that this feature is still not activated and that a software upgrade will do so but it should not be expected before mid-september or so.

Regards,

MadMax64
08-28-2011, 10:45 AM
Hello, thank you for your info update...

I still wonder about implementing these features in the official product information, when it's not functional yet...

MadMax64
09-05-2011, 08:53 AM
Hallo,

I just got a new firmware-update for my Philips 42PFL7456K from the Philips website, installed it, but no USB keyboard/mouse support yet :(. Was hoping that Philips has activated this feature now.
Just to remember: in the product information of this TV this feature is mentioned as already implemented...

greets
MadMax64

JamesR404
12-24-2011, 05:32 PM
we have the same issue, plugged in our wireless keyboard, and it's simply not recognized. What's the purpose of an internet TV if we can't even go online, really?

(internet without typing is useless)

When will this functionality be implemented? also, since the product doesn't work as advertised I've got it on good mind to demand a full refund.

MadMax64
12-24-2011, 11:01 PM
we have the same issue, plugged in our wireless keyboard, and it's simply not recognized. What's the purpose of an internet TV if we can't even go online, really?

(internet without typing is useless)

When will this functionality be implemented? also, since the product doesn't work as advertised I've got it on good mind to demand a full refund.

The problem has been fixed since the last update. Keyboard / Mouse will be recognized by the TV now.
Just download the actual update for this TV model, put it on an empty usb-stick and put the stick into the usb port at your tv.
After the update your keyboard should work while in NET TV / INet browser mode.

Download link for the 42PFL7456K/02 update:
http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?slg=de&scy=at&ctn=42PFL7456K/02

Toengel
12-25-2011, 09:06 AM
Hi,

please all install firmware 14.93... (2011 TVs).

Toengel@Alex

mvdh
03-22-2012, 06:23 PM
I have a 42PDL7906 TV (current software is Q5551-0.14.93.0) and plugged in my wireless Bluetooth Keyboard (using a bleutooth dongle in one of the USB ports) but the TV does not recognised the keyboard.

Could you please tell me what I do wrong?

Thank you in advance!!