PDA

View Full Version : Your experiences with FW v0.140.40.0 for 8xx5 and 9xx5 series (2010 models)

Toengel
08-25-2011, 07:53 AM
Hi,

Please share your experiences with this new SW version here in this topic. Channeling your input will make it easier for users to search and find relevant info.

Discuss here all your experiences when upgraded to the new version (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?729-Software-overview-for-8000-and-9000-series-(2010-models)): new, old, positive, negative.... (for example, the "sound drop at HDMI problem" or the "black screen during zapping problem" is solved !).

Toengel@Alex

robertapple1
08-25-2011, 10:12 AM
Can't see in the release pdf what has changed.....

Toengel
08-25-2011, 10:21 AM
Hi,

release notes are not updated yet - but the Net TV connection problem should be fixed by now...

Toengel@Alex

Reload
08-25-2011, 10:55 AM
Hi,

release notes are not updated yet - but the Net TV connection problem should be fixed by now...

Toengel@Alex

When to expect this NetTV update for 7xx5 ?

Chrissie18
08-25-2011, 11:28 AM
See http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?724-Connecting-to-Net-TV-(-quot-Philips-server-not-found-quot-message)&p=11133&viewfull=1#post11133
(Next week)

robertapple1
08-25-2011, 03:49 PM
Playing a DVD in my Blu Ray player (BDP 7500) through HDMI on my 9705/H12 32 inch.
Still sound drops present after update:(
Disappointing Philips

Erikrijnders
08-25-2011, 04:21 PM
Playing a DVD in my Blu Ray player (BDP 7500) through HDMI on my 9705/H12 32 inch.
Still sound drops present after update:(
Disappointing Philips

This is not a firmware prob. Checked cables etc?? When thats alright contact your local Philips support!

robertapple1
08-25-2011, 04:28 PM
This is not a firmware prob. Checked cables etc?? When thats alright contact your local Philips support!

Cables are fine!! SO now what?

Leonos
08-25-2011, 04:31 PM
and...is the NetTV problem fixed with this firmware ? Can someone confirm (before I dare to upgrade to .40)

Toengel
08-25-2011, 04:41 PM
Hi,

I can confirm, that the Net TV /IP EPG issue is solved with 140.40.

Toengel@Alex

Alicia
08-25-2011, 05:44 PM
I just upgraded my 40PFL8605 from 140.39 to 140.40
After starting NetTV, I got the popup to register my TV. That was to be expected as I erased NetTV memory yesterday (I too was experiencing slow NetTV connects or my TV needed a lot of attemps to finally connect etc) and hoped it would make any difference.

After registering (filling in the e-mail address on tv screen) NetTV started at once. Yessssss.
I then checked my e-mail, clicked the link and completed registration. When I went back to my TV and started NetTV again, it didn't work anymore.... The screen went black for a short period of time and then went back to TV signal. Tried it a couple of times from different channels, didn't change anything.

I than switched the TV off, waited a bit and turned it on again. After starting NetTV, it worked again.:)
Let's hope it keeps on working.

Erikrijnders
08-25-2011, 06:33 PM
Cables are fine!! SO now what?

Call local Philips support.

Chrissie18
08-25-2011, 06:38 PM
Great to hear...
Still I wait a little longer until the changelog is available.
(or maybe just tomorrow if I can't wait.. ;) )

@Erik: Still am currious of which hardware is causing the sounddrops...

Chris

Peer
08-25-2011, 09:27 PM
I can confirm that NetTV is working again after installing 140.40 ! I also noticed that it isn't so slow anymore.

Mark
08-25-2011, 10:01 PM
why isn't there a new release (yet) for 7605H/12? I can't wait

bigroma
08-25-2011, 10:08 PM
Hi,
I updated my 40PFL9705 from .25 firmware, on both firmwares I have little trouble with EasyLink - Volume Keys (+,- and Mute) don't send any codes to my ET9000 Sat STB. All another key work great. I tried set any values in EasyLink-> TV speakers menu but volume keys or fully disabled or work local.

How can I switch volume keys to EasyLink?

Muccie
08-26-2011, 07:21 AM
NetTV works and is (indeed) faster than before.

Toengel
08-26-2011, 07:31 AM
Hi,
I updated my 40PFL9705 from .25 firmware, on both firmwares I have little trouble with EasyLink - Volume Keys (+,- and Mute) don't send any codes to my ET9000 Sat STB. All another key work great. I tried set any values in EasyLink-> TV speakers menu but volume keys or fully disabled or work local.

How can I switch volume keys to EasyLink?

Hi,

try to plug out the power cord from both devices and also try do deactivat/activate Easylink... maybe this kind of "reset" works...

Toengel@Alex

Lassy
08-26-2011, 12:31 PM
why isn't there a new release (yet) for 7605H/12? I can't wait

It's available here (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39302754/FUS_Q5551_0.140.40.0_prod.zip)

Mark
08-26-2011, 01:30 PM
...so what language is this one?
'till now I had dutch

Toengel
08-26-2011, 01:34 PM
Hi,

the firmware is multi lingual - this means that all languages are in every file...

Toengel@Alex

el911wood
08-28-2011, 09:13 AM
hi all,
i have done a factory reset with the latest firmware .40.

after the reinstall of the tv, the internal sat receiver language is english, not the expected german, how i have specify this in the country settings. i have in mind that this bug is already fixed.
can someone confirm this ?
regards

pvo
08-29-2011, 09:05 AM
Hi all,

Indeed improvements in accessing Net TV (speed).
But where is the ProgramGuide:mad:?. (Via the booklet-button on the RC)
I get netTV iso the ProgramGuide.....

Erikrijnders
08-29-2011, 04:29 PM
Hi all,

Indeed improvements in accessing Net TV (speed).
But where is the ProgramGuide:mad:?. (Via the booklet-button on the RC)
I get netTV iso the ProgramGuide.....
You live in the Netherlands?

theflyer1972
08-29-2011, 04:37 PM
It's available here (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39302754/FUS_Q5551_0.140.40.0_prod.zip)
is not a official release ?

pvo
08-29-2011, 06:21 PM
You live in the Netherlands?

Hi Erik,

Indeed, I live in the Netherlands

Paul

Erikrijnders
08-29-2011, 07:41 PM
Hi Erik,

Indeed, I live in the Netherlands

Paul

IP EPG doesnot work with CI+ yet, wait a few weeks!

Chrissie18
08-30-2011, 07:46 AM

Do you have more information than we know?
I'm really interested. Seems to go the right direction... ;)

raverke95
08-30-2011, 01:20 PM
Does someone has already experiences with 3D? In all previous versions 3D was very awful...

Erikrijnders
08-30-2011, 04:40 PM

Yes I have more info but I think Philips is the one to officialy respond here. I donot want to be blamed when my sources are not right etc.

cderidder
08-30-2011, 06:30 PM
Still not good. To much crosstalk and an unpleasant viewing experience. However in this version 3D is not as bad as the .39, but the .037 still had the best 3D picture on my set.

Does someone has already experiences with 3D? In all previous versions 3D was very awful...

Lassy
08-30-2011, 06:31 PM
is not a official release ?

Yes, this is official and communicated per email by official Philips' maintenance provider and by Philips themselves.

Do you have more information than we know?
I'm really interested. Seems to go the right direction... ;)

IP-EPG will to be activated in September as confirmed by Philips.

Chrissie18
08-31-2011, 07:38 AM
Yes I have more info but I think Philips is the one to officialy respond here. I donot want to be blamed when my sources are not right etc.

(...)
IP-EPG will to be activated in September as confirmed by Philips.

Apparently someone else responded ;)
Thanks both for the information, we'll wait a couple of weeks..

Something else: I don't have 3D, but according to the (official) changelog that has been provided with version 40, the only thing fixed is the NetTV. So no changes with 3D?

Chris

Nafets
09-03-2011, 10:56 AM
Hi,

Toengel@Alex

No, not fixed. When the 3-step screen to connect appears, it always fails. Going back to the home menu and selecting net-tv again always works.

I wonder if the software guys at philips ever test their stuff. How hard can it be???

bta
09-03-2011, 11:09 AM
No, not fixed. When the 3-step screen to connect appears, it always fails. Going back to the home menu and selecting net-tv again always works.

I wonder if the software guys at philips ever test their stuff. How hard can it be???

Hi Nafets,

be aware that you have to wait 1 or 2 minutes after the tv set is switched on (also when started out of standby) until you first start NetTV. Otherwise you will see exact the behavior that you describe.
(This is due to the boot procedure of the TV - first everything to watch TV is done; it is a TV, and after that the additional features like NetTV are started in background. This was described by Philips in an roughly old post - but I'm to lazy to look for it :p)

Regards
bta

Sagittarius
09-03-2011, 12:49 PM

Hi nafetS or Stefan

Why a manufacturer nowadays should loose a lot of time for testing his products while plenty of
very kind users do have enough of time to test it for free and in their own free time? This is very
common meanwhile, PHILIPS is no exception.

I am so glad I have chosen a quite easy TV (a 5605) from PHILIPS (without all the "Schnickschnack"
around), so a lot of trouble did not reach me at all but the little macroblock problem from time to time
for a few minutes.

The result I now see is: if a new generation of TVs is appearing, you have to wait many months until
all the features you should have from the beginning are more or less finally working to satisfiy the
users.

But you know, we users always want to buy our TVs as cheap as possible and with the best of the
best quality for this very low money amount. But can this work and pay out? It's the user's choice!

Kind regards! Chris

david
09-04-2011, 06:11 PM
Don't know if this is new to 140.40 but the TV seems to stop working after using NetTV for some minutes. It has happened twice now on consecutive days. I don't know if it is a new bug as I don't use NetTV very much as there is so little offered in the UK. Basically I was watching something on Cinetrailer or YouTube and when I hit the Back button on the remote nothing happened and I eventually ended up with a black screen. I then switched to the Watch TV and the screen stayed black. I then switched to my external Freeview HD box (HDMI) and the screen said "No video signal". Eventually I gave up and restarted the TV using the remote and things returned to normal. Is this a known bug?

David

petasis
09-04-2011, 10:55 PM
I think that my DVB-T picture quality is worse with 140.40 compared to 140.39.
It reminds me some (bad) firmwares of the past.

There is too much noise at the borders between colours.

My advice is to not update to 140.40.

Philips - Thomas
09-05-2011, 11:48 AM
Hi petasis,

can you maybe upload a picture to show more in detail what you mean?

Regards
Thomas

raverke95
09-06-2011, 09:49 AM
I'm running 140.40 almost a week.
Positive: in my situation, the tv has become faster. After starting up, the menu's go a lot smoother. Before you had to wait +/- 5 min. before they work well. And of course, the net tv application works quite fast now.

Negative: 3D is still awful. And I'm very unhappy with it. Finally I've bought a tv set of 3000€, I spent 250€ for a 3D upgrade-set and it's worthless :(

After 10 (!!!!) softwareupdates starting from november 2010 and a new LCD panel (also according 3D problems) I'm done with it.

If it's not possible to create a tv with a good 3D experience, don't sell a 3D kit with it, but sell it as a tv without 3D!

Chrissie18
09-06-2011, 06:59 PM
I'm running 140.40 almost a week.
Positive: in my situation, the tv has become faster. After starting up, the menu's go a lot smoother. Before you had to wait +/- 5 min. before they work well. And of course, the net tv application works quite fast now.

Negative: 3D is still awful. And I'm very unhappy with it. Finally I've bought a tv set of 3000€, I spent 250€ for a 3D upgrade-set and it's worthless :(

After 10 (!!!!) softwareupdates starting from november 2010 and a new LCD panel (also according 3D problems) I'm done with it.

If it's not possible to create a tv with a good 3D experience, don't sell a 3D kit with it, but sell it as a tv without 3D!

I've also been running 140.40 some time now and most of the time I'm very satisfied, BUT:
As one problem was fixed (NetTV works as a charm!) it's time for a new problem!
Now, the backlight occasionally goes banana's.

The whole right side of the screen is blinking like crazy for some time and then it is just normal.
Just contacted Support and I've also mentioned the - still occurring - sound/picture losses via HDMI and the fact that sometimes there are halo's (especially when you've got a black screen and something bright, whcih does not fill the screen, appears).

I've also said that I already accepted the occasional halo's, which he could not accept.
Within 24hr I will be called by the tech department....

Chrissie18
09-08-2011, 03:18 PM
(...)
I've also said that I already accepted the occasional halo's, which he could not accept.
Within 24hr I will be called by the tech department....
Was called yesterday: they could come coming Friday, but we have a busy agenda, so it will be end of september.
There will be an inplace fix. Keep you posted...

The problem of the blinking backlight seems to get worse and more often by the day... :(

Peer
09-09-2011, 06:58 PM
Update after few weeks working with 140.40. NetTV is connecting good, no glitches seen. Speed is reasonable, I hope they (Philips) rule out the advertising beacuse it adds nothing to NetTV. All advertising is only about existing apps, so what's the point ? I have only discovered a new NetTV problem, sometimes when I choose an app, it connects to some degree and then the TV gives a click sound, turns black and after a few seconds it reboots. After about 30 seconds everything is working again.

DerShortyy
09-09-2011, 07:29 PM
Update after few weeks working with 140.40. NetTV is connecting good, no glitches seen. Speed is reasonable, I hope they (Philips) rule out the advertising beacuse it adds nothing to NetTV. All advertising is only about existing apps, so what's the point ? I have only discovered a new NetTV problem, sometimes when I choose an app, it connects to some degree and then the TV gives a click sound, turns black and after a few seconds it reboots. After about 30 seconds everything is working again.

Hi @all,
i can confirm the behaviour of NET TV. It forces the TV to crash and reboot. also IP-EPG encountered an error 500. can anybody confirm this behaviour too?

petasis
09-10-2011, 05:05 PM
Hi petasis,

can you maybe upload a picture to show more in detail what you mean?

Regards
Thomas

Its difficult to photograph it (as it is moving), but I tried to capture it in videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92P7nFWtryo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-aq9Le8tew

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDQLBj5M3Fk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAQ4ZKmVkmA

In reality the effect is a bit worse, youtube re-encoding of the videos has smoothed it out.
This problem was there since when I first bough my 9705 last September, but with 140.39 was really minimal (i.e. seen in some cases on a single channel only). Unfortunately, with 140.40 the problem is back again, and shows always in all DVB-T channels.

Leonos
09-13-2011, 10:51 AM
I noticed that sometimes (maybe always I have to test), after I watched the program guide, the front layer seems to be gone. With that layer I mean the text which comes on top of the picture, like volume amount or channel number when you change volume or channels. Also the 'home' button doesn't show the menu (where you can select nettv and stuff).
But the functionality does work. When I want to see teletext, I press the arrow down (nothing seems to happen then), then two right and then ok and text appears (is another layer I think).

Turning off the TV completly by switch fixes the problem.

Niels
09-13-2011, 03:29 PM
I noticed that sometimes (maybe always I have to test), after I watched the program guide, the front layer seems to be gone. With that layer I mean the text which comes on top of the picture, like volume amount or channel number when you change volume or channels. Also the 'home' button doesn't show the menu (where you can select nettv and stuff).
But the functionality does work. When I want to see teletext, I press the arrow down (nothing seems to happen then), then two right and then ok and text appears (is another layer I think).

Turning off the TV completly by switch fixes the problem.

Leonos, I have been running 140.040 now for only 2 days on a 32PFL7605 and am satisfied with the NET-TV / IP-EPG speed, but have not seen the problem you describe here.
Kind regards, Niels

Peer
09-13-2011, 04:04 PM
Yesterday I noticed the same problem as Leonos. Had to turn off (power down) the TV to solve the problem.

Chrissie18
09-19-2011, 09:03 AM
I think I also seen it once or twice, but I think it was already before version 40...
Not quite sure though...

I haven't seen any problems for one and a half week now, as we're on holiday.. :D
Just kidding. Next Friday a technorep guy is coming by to look at the audio/video drops and the flashing (right-side) of the backlight...
Keep you posted on the result.

And overall I'm still quite satisfied on the picture quality and Ambilight.

Chris.

Michiel1986
09-22-2011, 03:09 AM
I am having a serious problem with this update 140.40 my image seems to be more blurry on my 32PFL9705 then before with update 39 i have a UPC media HD Box its still oke to watch @ the HD channels or playing a Blue ray movie @1080p @ 24 fps but the image seems to be not so crisp anymore a bit wast out [less sharper] as before, and i realy know for sure that the update causes this problem is there a way where i can downgrade to version 39? i dont like this new update someone else got the same problem with the picture quality?

Ps sorry for my bad englisch i am from holland.

Chrissie18
09-24-2011, 08:47 AM
Was called yesterday: they could come coming Friday, but we have a busy agenda, so it will be end of september.
There will be an inplace fix. Keep you posted...

The problem of the blinking backlight seems to get worse and more often by the day... :(

Yesterday the tech-guy came. I had the TV on for about an hour and 'luckely' the blicking was quite obvious at the start, but by the time he showed up it looked like it was burned in: a couple of horizontal bands, only at the right side of the screen.
Apparently the tech-guy wasn't quite sure what the problem could be: it could be the backlights, but also a defective screen, so to prevent the ordering of the wrong part, leading a some delays he suggested to take the TV with him.

So now I have 22" Samsung DVB-T TV from my parents and the substitute TV from the repair guy is standing in the garage as it does not have a DVB-T or -C tuner and we do not have analogue TV on the cable anymore and I do not have a settopbox...

Let's just pray they can fix it quickly so that I can have the TV back in less than 2wks...

Chris

Michiel1986
09-25-2011, 10:59 PM
Philips please respons to my mesage i am having the same problem what petasis have, i want my sharpness back please anser me back, with this update 140.40 its no fun watching tv anymore or bluray movies i dont see any difference almost now anymore against a non HD channel or a HD channel before update 140.40 everything was fine with firmware 39:(

Its more blurry now then ever on al channels or even bluray or even on my game console, everything are a bit wasted out picture quality, if i could turn it back to update 39 or below i did!

This update screwed up my tv picture totaly on al things bluray HDTV gameconsole just everything.

I feel like watchting now on a tv of 400 euro in sharpness instead of a high end pricey tv.

i wanne downgrade to an older version if thats possible.

Michiel1986
09-25-2011, 11:07 PM
Its difficult to photograph it (as it is moving), but I tried to capture it in videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92P7nFWtryo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-aq9Le8tew

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDQLBj5M3Fk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAQ4ZKmVkmA

In reality the effect is a bit worse, youtube re-encoding of the videos has smoothed it out.
This problem was there since when I first bough my 9705 last September, but with 140.39 was really minimal (i.e. seen in some cases on a single channel only). Unfortunately, with 140.40 the problem is back again, and shows always in all DVB-T channels.

i am having the same problem al things are blurried out not only on the tv channels specialy the bluray movies or the HD channels, this is indeed not enjoying for a tv of 1399 euro,s i want my HDTV experience back.

The only anser to this for me right now is to downgrade to software version 39 or below, but where and is it possible ?

Chrissie18
09-26-2011, 07:03 PM
i am having the same problem al things are blurried out not only on the tv channels specialy the bluray movies or the HD channels, this is indeed not enjoying for a tv of 1399 euro,s i want my HDTV experience back.

The only anser to this for me right now is to downgrade to software version 39 or below, but where and is it possible ?

Google for 'philips firmware 9xx5' (samipupi) and you get most of the firmware versions.
Just put it on a stick and do a manual upgrade (confirming that it's older)

Good luck!
Chris

Jeroen61
09-27-2011, 07:41 PM
Hi,

I still have the sound drop problem. Philips offered me another tv but i didn't think it the be as good so after a lot of discussion they are going to repair it. That is, they will change the SSB-board (small signal board). Is that logical in the case of an audio problem like the sound drops?

Chrissie18
09-27-2011, 07:53 PM
My TV is now at the repairshop.
It was taken for a flashing backlight, but I also mentioned the sounddrops.
They will put it in a endurance test.
IT would be so much easier if the damn sounddrop could be reproduced by a certain scenario...

Chris

Jeroen61
09-27-2011, 08:01 PM
IT would be so much easier if the damn sounddrop could be reproduced by a certain scenario...

Chris

I understood from

Life Cycle Support Engineer

Philips Consumer Lifestyle

Innovation Site Bruges

Pathoekeweg 11

B-8000 Brugge

Belgium

that they are not able to reproduce the sounddrops and that no official solution was given by Philips for this problem. The said that therefor offering my tv for repair is no option. However the shop were I bought my tv is going to send a certified repair compagne and they say there is a solution for the sound drop problem exists. There you go as a simple consumer. What is true?

Michiel1986
09-27-2011, 11:40 PM
Google for 'philips firmware 9xx5' (samipupi) and you get most of the firmware versions.
Just put it on a stick and do a manual upgrade (confirming that it's older)

Good luck!
Chris

I cannot find the older firmwares can u please give me a link, thank u.

xtremap26s
09-28-2011, 05:17 PM
I think the best way is to sell the TV (I 46pfl8685) and purchase a Samsung series 8000! I've seen it work both in 3D with the MKV file is splendid!
Do not ever buy Philips TV only because they have problems and dozens of unnecessary updates!

jaccky
09-29-2011, 08:49 AM
I've found problems in the image expetially when it's dark.
The problem is that the image is blurry.
I also see very eivdent vertical bands.
In particoular scenes for example when an actor is speaking in a dark room, the hair and all the dark part of the image remains stady, while is face, but only the illuminated part, moves. It's awful.

Michiel1986
09-29-2011, 04:30 PM
Another guy with the same problem as me so philips hurry up and fix this!

EddyLake
09-30-2011, 07:47 AM
The problem with slow acting Net-TV is solved with the latest firmware (September 8, 2011: 000.140.040.000).

However, a new problem occurs: when approaching the Internet by using Net -TV, the TV spontaneously resets itself; in other words, the tv goes black immediately, and after about 10 seconds the TV restarts , but returns to normal broadcasting. This has occurred several times and I have read a reaction like this on the forum, but forgot who posted that reaction.

It is not unique that, by installing new FW I experience new problems because of the new firmware.
I will send a message to Philips Helpdesk about this issue.

Regards,

Ed

EddyLake
09-30-2011, 08:09 AM
Leonos, I have been running 140.040 now for only 2 days on a 32PFL7605 and am satisfied with the NET-TV / IP-EPG speed, but have not seen the problem you describe here.
Kind regards, Niels

Hi,

Pressing the the Return-button (the curved arrow) on your remote solved this for me several times. I got the on-screen text back.

regards,

Ed

Chrissie18
09-30-2011, 01:49 PM
I cannot find the older firmwares can u please give me a link, thank u.

http://philips.samipupu.com/

jaby
10-01-2011, 05:08 PM
Hi:

Philips team, when will be available the next firmware version ?

Regards

EddyLake
10-01-2011, 05:39 PM
The problem with slow acting Net-TV is solved with the latest firmware (September 8, 2011: 000.140.040.000).

However, a new problem occurs: when approaching the Internet by using Net -TV, the TV spontaneously resets itself; in other words, the tv goes black immediately, and after about 10 seconds the TV restarts , but returns to normal broadcasting. This has occurred several times and I have read a reaction like this on the forum, but forgot who posted that reaction.

It is not unique that, by installing new FW I experience new problems because of the new firmware.
I will send a message to Philips Helpdesk about this issue.

Regards,

Ed

Philips helpdesk advice (but I would not call this a good advice because the fact that I installed the latest firmware caused the problem. Restarting the TV is off-course what I have done in the first place.

"Turn the TV off, unplug from the current for a few minutes and start the TV again with no hardware attached and if that does not worked check your firmware if it has been installed in the proper way"

petasis
10-02-2011, 11:16 PM
Hi:

Philips team, when will be available the next firmware version ?

Regards

What are you expecting to be fixed by this?
(I was hoping for EPG for Greece and fix for sound-drops, but none of these will be possibly there...)

Chrissie18
10-03-2011, 09:10 PM
What are you expecting to be fixed by this?
(I was hoping for EPG for Greece and fix for sound-drops, but none of these will be possibly there...)

I'm hoping for a completely redesigned Smart TV Home screen in which - underneath the skin - many other functionality is refactored.
And I'm not hinting on keyboard support (althoug that would be cool), but just the already available functionality, only then 'version 2'...

But then again: still have to wait until my TV get's back from the repair.
And belief me: I AM really missing it while watching currently on a 22inc Samsung DVB-T TV with horrible sound... :(
(but all this time NO sound/pucture loss via HDMI)

Chris

Tech-UK
10-04-2011, 12:38 PM
I own a 40PFL9705H/12 running the latest firmware and I am starting to get really annoyed with the audio drop out problem. I had 10 audio drops (1-2 seconds) when watching one film! This is just ridiculous. I am also having trouble with the backlight dimming problem. As many have suggested, regarding subtitles affecting the intensity of the backlight of the entire or part of the picture. When I am watching the Blu-ray of Inglourious Bastards, the subs are meant to be an orange colour, but they are yellow/green, depending on the colour/brightness of the actual scene, the colour of the subs change, this is very distracting, and is preventing me from enjoying the film. Another problem related to this is, is the end credits of any film. As they scroll up the screen, they flicker and change brightness, again very distracting. All this happens when the dynamic backlight setting is set to everything except off. BUT.. When set to off you loose the picture quality, along with the black levels which isn't what I want to sacrifice. Please Philips fix this problem or at least give us a solution.

I really like this TV, a lot, but these problems should not be occurring on a "flagship" model. This leads me onto another problem. Which is a high pitched noise. I have read this can be fixed via on-site support, but whats interesting is that it seems to be happening when the ambilight feature is turn on. Turn it off, the noise disappears. But if I mute the sound, it doubles the intensity of the high pitched buzz!

christophexxx
10-05-2011, 09:12 AM
In particoular scenes for example when an actor is speaking in a dark room, the hair and all the dark part of the image remains stady, while is face, but only the illuminated part, moves. It's awful.

Same problem for me, everytime especially in dark pictures but not only, when moving objet the colours of them seem to be "black an white".

other problem : no more picture of the HDMI input in the right top (pip) screen when net-tv is working.

other problem : TOO MUCH gamma correction with the perfect contrast fonction (position mini, medium, or max). The faces of caracters are surexposed.

other problem : too much definition correction when activate "super resolution" fonction on HDMI (sat/hd receiver) in comparaison with DVB T/C (TV tuner)

peelaaa
10-13-2011, 07:58 PM
I own a 40PFL9705H/12 running the latest firmware and I am starting to get really annoyed with the audio drop out problem. I had 10 audio drops (1-2 seconds) when watching one film! This is just ridiculous. I am also having trouble with the backlight dimming problem. As many have suggested, regarding subtitles affecting the intensity of the backlight of the entire or part of the picture. When I am watching the Blu-ray of Inglourious Bastards, the subs are meant to be an orange colour, but they are yellow/green, depending on the colour/brightness of the actual scene, the colour of the subs change, this is very distracting, and is preventing me from enjoying the film. Another problem related to this is, is the end credits of any film. As they scroll up the screen, they flicker and change brightness, again very distracting. All this happens when the dynamic backlight setting is set to everything except off. BUT.. When set to off you loose the picture quality, along with the black levels which isn't what I want to sacrifice. Please Philips fix this problem or at least give us a solution.

I really like this TV, a lot, but these problems should not be occurring on a "flagship" model. This leads me onto another problem. Which is a high pitched noise. I have read this can be fixed via on-site support, but whats interesting is that it seems to be happening when the ambilight feature is turn on. Turn it off, the noise disappears. But if I mute the sound, it doubles the intensity of the high pitched buzz!

I get similar problems, the ambilight when on and a high pitch noise, credits flickering but only the once, after a full set has gone to the top of the screen the flickering stops for the rest of the credits. No audio dropout but I am still using scart from a dvd player.Haven't had a problem with subtitles though.
Wouldn't change tv though, picture and in particular the sound is outstanding.

ch_harald
10-14-2011, 09:12 AM

"In particoular scenes for example when an actor is speaking in a dark room, the hair and all the dark part of the image remains stady, while is face, but only the illuminated part, moves"
Hi, looks like that this is coming from HD Natural Motion, which seems to have problems with dark scenes (and also upscaled SD material). At least with my TV those effects are eliminated by turning the Natural Motion off. Of course then the movements are not so smooth...

"I also see very eivdent vertical bands." - switch off mpg artefact reduction feature, this should help

black_angel
10-18-2011, 12:58 PM
prejudice to apologize for any errors, but I'm using a translator. wonder when there will be a new update since many of the defects of this TV have not been resolved malfunction 3d (3d controls with no depth etc.. isf lack of controls, recording via USB port) when all this? There will never be on this TV?

Toengel
10-18-2011, 01:07 PM
3d controls with no depth etc.. isf lack of controls, recording via USB port

Hi,

these are 2011 only features...

Toengel@Alex

black_angel
10-18-2011, 01:10 PM
you've read the features on 2011 models .. but you will have an update on my model 52 pfl 8605? I ask this because other manufacturers (Samsung and Sony) have implemented a number of features to enhance the 3D models on these functions and c8000 sony hx

jaccky
10-19-2011, 03:04 PM
"In particoular scenes for example when an actor is speaking in a dark room, the hair and all the dark part of the image remains stady, while is face, but only the illuminated part, moves"
Hi, looks like that this is coming from HD Natural Motion, which seems to have problems with dark scenes (and also upscaled SD material). At least with my TV those effects are eliminated by turning the Natural Motion off. Of course then the movements are not so smooth...

"I also see very eivdent vertical bands." - switch off mpg artefact reduction feature, this should help

Hi,
I've turned off mpg artefact reduction feature and set most of all other "optimizing" features to the minimum, now the image is far better !
Thank you ch_harald :).

black_angel
10-20-2011, 04:43 PM
very kind of lords we try to improve your Philips FW prestonei as 2010 models have a full 3d indecent gost have sold a 3d ready tv but it is unwatchable, you are back with updates to other producers FW and faster shutter glasses so as to make better than watching TV in 2010. I bought the kit pta € 02 200 down the toilet unusable. I convinced my friends to take the 4 52 pfl 8605 as my believing in Philips but was disappointed, I have a panasonic 58 inch plasma I think if there will be no significant change TV updates. 2 of my friends have changed their TV 10 days after taking a Samsung D7000 and are satisfied in the new update I hope philips thanks. I apologize for any errors in translation

mdiehl
10-21-2011, 10:05 PM
hi,

on monday my 32pfl9705k/02 comes back from philips repair center.
my sound drop over hdmi problem is now fixed !!!
philips changed the ssb.

markus

Freddy
10-22-2011, 04:48 PM
on monday my 32pfl9705k/02 comes back from philips repair center.
my sound drop over hdmi problem is now fixed !!!
philips changed the ssb.
Congratulations! Finally!... ;)
Is the firmware still the same: i.e. 140.40?...

mdiehl
10-23-2011, 12:26 PM
hi freddy,

yes it is.
but they did update the standby software. it's now STDBY_84.64.1.0.
i can't verify if it is really new because i don't know the version of the old SSB.
can you look in the CSM page 2 what software is on your tv.
thanks.

markus

Erikrijnders
10-23-2011, 01:45 PM
RTL-XL Doesnot work anymore. Seems to be a softwareproblem as the 2011-models got an update for this.

Chrissie18
10-24-2011, 07:38 PM
RTL-XL Doesnot work anymore. Seems to be a softwareproblem as the 2011-models got an update for this.
Hi Erik,

Can you verify: I can use RTL-XL again...

Chris

31978er
10-24-2011, 10:02 PM
First: Yes NetTV is working fine ;)

Is Philips planning more and faster updates for 46PFL9705K02 etc.? There are many things to make better ;)

1. more support for CA-module especially Diablo-Cam Wifi - its doesnt work, TV restarts after inserting modul

2. support for maxdome and/or videoload

3. more supported video formats for network streams - no divx, no xvid, no avi, no h264, no mkv, no m2ts/mts, ts only 720 x 576, DVD as single files only, if one DVD has 5 vobs you have 5 breaks in one movie - sorry but mpg2 is almost dead ;)

4. the channel list is cruel - if you have installed Sat-TV with more than 120 channels you have two options - memorize channel list or using extrem slow channel list

5. remote control signals with Philips HTS9140/12 are crossing sometimes, if i like to power on my HTS9140 the TV control LED blinks red, but Home-Cinema dont start

6. if channel is changing and its an encrypted channel, Popup-Info about this is really annoying and break some other activities - example press channel info - info will be closed, all menues will closed and you can do it again

7. ... This could be a problem of my TV or generally: My Digital Receiver is connected with DVI/HDMI cable. Sometimes speakers are buzzing/clanking. Cable has been changed, HDMI Input has been changed, Receiver is up to date. I think thats a problem of TV. If im watching normal TV there is no problem. But audio is here not digital. Problem is also assured if im using video streaming.

Philips should have a little look on other manufacturer and they know what i can get and what i like for 2500 Euro. No Ambilight, but a multi functional and very fast TV.

Toengel
10-25-2011, 07:46 AM
Hi,

please take a look at the bug list and the comments made by Philips... this will clarify some of your questions: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2223-Important-Bugs-which-need-to-be-fixed-in-2010-firmware-(TV550R1)

During the IFA some little announcement was made regarding maxdome... but if it really comes (especially for 2010 models) is not clear from that. For videoload - it is a big joke. Just write a small email to the videoload support. I did this many times... (videoload was announced in september 2010).

Toengel@Alex

david
10-25-2011, 01:24 PM
My 32pfl9705 is still randomly rebooting after using NetTV for some time, e.g. after 10-20 minutes. I see one other person posted they had the same problem. Has anyone else seen this issue? I just had an online chat with Philips and they said they had had no reports of this and so I should call their TV support line as my TV may need repairing. I don't want to lose my TV to the repair shop if it's a firmware problem so wondered if others have seen this problem?

Thanks
David

a_Tom
10-25-2011, 01:25 PM
what exactly do you do on netTV at this time?

DerShortyy
10-25-2011, 01:51 PM
My 32pfl9705 is still randomly rebooting after using NetTV for some time, e.g. after 10-20 minutes. I see one other person posted they had the same problem. Has anyone else seen this issue? I just had an online chat with Philips and they said they had had no reports of this and so I should call their TV support line as my TV may need repairing. I don't want to lose my TV to the repair shop if it's a firmware problem so wondered if others have seen this problem?

Thanks
David

I can confirm this behaviour. When i watch Q-Tom the TV crashes after about 10-15min and starts to reboot.
I´ve got the same TV set (32pfl9705k02)
Cheers

david
10-25-2011, 01:56 PM
what exactly do you do on netTV at this time?

I was listening to radio station using one of the supplied apps. It has also rebooted when using other apps.

Wolfgang
10-26-2011, 06:01 PM

Thanks
David

I can also confirm this behaviour. I had 3-4 times a crash at NetTV with this FW.

This occurs mostly at seeing the app "Tagesschau" (German) when a clip was changing. The image was destroyed and then the screen goes black. After about 5-10 seconds, the last-watched TV-program was shown again. The Philips logo does not appear.

My TV is the 40PFL9705K/02.

david
10-27-2011, 12:50 PM
I can also confirm this behaviour. I had 3-4 times a crash at NetTV with this FW.

This occurs mostly at seeing the app "Tagesschau" (German) when a clip was changing. The image was destroyed and then the screen goes black. After about 5-10 seconds, the last-watched TV-program was shown again. The Philips logo does not appear.

My TV is the 40PFL9705K/02.

OK so that is at least 3 of us who have seen NetTV crash with the current FW. How do we get Philips to acknowledge, reproduce and fix this? As I said in the earlier post, I had an on-line chat with them and they said they were unaware of this issue and they thought my TV needed repairing.

Toengel
10-27-2011, 01:11 PM
Hi,

it is really hard to reproduce such issue in development. So if you don't have a really explicit description of the issue... when, what, how... then I don't think they will find the problem.

Toengel@Alex

david
10-27-2011, 02:35 PM
Hi,

it is really hard to reproduce such issue in development. So if you don't have a really explicit description of the issue... when, what, how... then I don't think they will find the problem.

Toengel@Alex

When: since upgrading to the v0.140.40.0 FW NetTV has crashed multiple times
What: The screen goes black and NetTV disappears. Eventually it reverts to showing the TV channel instead.
How: The last app I used that crashed NetTV was TuneIn Radio. I put a radio station on and then after some 10-20 minutes NetTV crashed. This has also happened with other NetTV apps but I can't recall which ones.

Toengel
10-27-2011, 03:16 PM
Hi,

can you reproduce the crash on TuneIn Radio every time? What do you click exactly in the app... Describe a procedure that others can confirm the Net TV crash...

Toengel@Alex

DerShortyy
10-27-2011, 05:54 PM
When: since upgrading to the v0.140.40.0 FW NetTV has crashed multiple times
What: The screen goes black and NetTV disappears. Eventually it reverts to showing the TV channel instead.
after some 10-20 minutes NetTV crashed. .

I can confirm
1. I started watching Qtom - Themes - Made in Germany at 18.36 CET today. When the third clip started to play at 18.48 CET the app and NET TV crashed and turned back to Television mode DVB-C.
Do you need it more explicit?

rosadm
10-27-2011, 07:19 PM
Hi.

I have problem with NET TV from a few days. The NET TV is not working. It was alright before.
TV settings and WIFI router settigs are the same.
I have tried to find answer on philips forum without any luck.
Any ideas what is wrong ?? :(

TV model 40 PFL 9705 - 6 months old
FW 000.140.040.000
http://www.rosicka.vot.pl/ebay/DSC00477-m.jpg
I can see this picture but I can not select apps. When I press OK button nothing is happening. And in the window on the right should be TV channel. So it is not working and there is no error message.

When I have tried to Delete NET TV Cache and Settings. When I am switching to NET TV I can see only this. :(
http://www.rosicka.vot.pl/ebay/DSC00478-m.jpg

DerShortyy
10-27-2011, 07:29 PM
Hi.

I have problem with NET TV from a few days. The NET TV is not working. It was alright before.

TV model 40 PFL 9705 - 6 months old
FW 000.140.040.000
http://www.rosicka.vot.pl/ebay/DSC00477-m.jpg

Why did you post this picture`? it shows that your net tv does works. Can you take a picture of the error message?

rosadm
10-27-2011, 08:08 PM
I can see this picture but I can not select apps. When I press OK button nothing is happening. And in the window on the right should be TV channel. So it is not working and there is no error message.

DerShortyy
10-27-2011, 08:17 PM

This is really strange... is it possible for you to use ip-epg or or the red button while watching TV on available hbbtv supported channels...? if not i think your TV hast got a broken element... :(

rosadm
10-27-2011, 08:20 PM
Red button is working fine ;)

Toengel
10-27-2011, 09:26 PM
Hi,

I can remember that somewhere it is written (by Philips) that this is a known problem which can only be solved by technical support. I suggest to call the hotline...

Toengel@Alex

Toengel
10-27-2011, 09:52 PM
I can confirm
1. I started watching Qtom - Themes - Made in Germany at 18.36 CET today. When the third clip started to play at 18.48 CET the app and NET TV crashed and turned back to Television mode DVB-C.
Do you need it more explicit?

Hi,

I tried:

- Qtom
- Themes
- Made in Germany

I could play more than 3 videos (after 3 videos an advertisment is shown) and then the next video is started.

So, I could not confirm this issue...

Toengel@Alex

DerShortyy
10-28-2011, 07:43 AM
Hi,

I tried:

- Qtom
- Themes
- Made in Germany

I could play more than 3 videos (after 3 videos an advertisment is shown) and then the next video is started.

So, I could not confirm this issue...

Toengel@Alex

Hi Toengel,

the issue doesn´t depend on how many videos has been played, it depends on the time for how long you watch Qtom. I experienced that after max. 20 min the app and Net TV crashes... Can anybody else confirm?

Toengel
10-28-2011, 08:03 AM
Hi,

ok - I will test it again...

But I recognized something else: after player these videos, I recognized later that evening, that ALL dialogs were gone. Nothing happend, when pressing home, browse or option buttons. I only could switch channels. No on-screen displays were present...

Toengel@Alex

Toengel
10-28-2011, 12:16 PM

Hi,

I found it: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2799-Cursor-navigation-remote-doesn-t-work-anymore-with-NetTV&p=15213#post15213

Toengel@Alex

DerShortyy
10-29-2011, 08:52 AM
I started watching Qtom - Themes - Made in Germany at 9.28am CET today. While the second video clip played at 9.37am CET the app and NET TV crashed and turned back to Television mode...

Maybe after a certain time, depending on how much data has been downloaded to the cache, the cache is full and that´s why Qtom and NET-TV crashes...?

Second Test today:
started watching Qtom - Themes - Made in Germany at 9.39am CET today. After an hour at 10.40am CET the app and NET TV crashed and turned back to Television mode... This was the longest time i could watch Qtom without interruption ever! :-)

Toengel
10-29-2011, 09:28 AM
Hi,

maybe it is related somewhere with the origin of this issue: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2989-ZDF-Mediathek-App-Videos-stopp-at-88-minutes-on-Philips-TVs

Toengel@Alex

DerShortyy
10-29-2011, 10:48 AM
Hi,

maybe it is related somewhere with the origin of this issue: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2989-ZDF-Mediathek-App-Videos-stopp-at-88-minutes-on-Philips-TVs

Toengel@Alex

Find another issue:
connect my Laptop via media connect wireless to TV and watched some content from the Laptop for about 20minutes. Then the connection got lost and the TV crashes in the same behaviour like while watching Qtom and turned back to TV mode

Nettle
11-01-2011, 05:58 PM
With this 140.40.0.0 fw version, zapping between the channels, if the channel "1" is chosen, the channel is shown with sound but without image.

Is necessary to switch to other channels and choose the first channel again to watch it correctly.

Would be possible to solve this issue?

Thanks a lot, regards

black_angel
11-13-2011, 04:47 PM
apparently leaves customers with philips tv in 2010 without updating these models to models with only a 2011 hours I understand when they say sony or samsung are better care to more of their products and their customers .. What a disappointment.: Mad:: Mad:: Mad:: Mad:

Toengel
11-13-2011, 05:35 PM
Hi,

I'm confident that a new 2010 update is in the pipeline... ;-)

Toengel@Alex

petasis
11-13-2011, 07:31 PM
I am also hopping for one...

limpitakis
11-14-2011, 11:45 AM
Hi,

Toengel@Alex

Have you any inside info concerning the list of changes that the new firmware would include?
Thanks
Nick

Toengel
11-14-2011, 11:59 AM
Hi,

no.

Toengel@Alex

Nettle
11-14-2011, 12:52 PM
I have lost hope of seeing one yet. :confused:

david
11-15-2011, 08:34 AM
Find another issue:
connect my Laptop via media connect wireless to TV and watched some content from the Laptop for about 20minutes. Then the connection got lost and the TV crashes in the same behaviour like while watching Qtom and turned back to TV mode

Yes NetTV seems to crash after about 20 minutes irrespective of which app I am using. There seems to be a suggestion this kind of problem is related to an incorrectly applied FW update and so downgrading and upgrading is the (unsupported) solution. I guess I will just wait for the next update and hopefully the act of installing it may have the same effect. I certainly have had problems applying the last couple of updates. If I remember correctly both failed the first time around and I had to re-apply them. Is there a way to ensure the update works first time? I always follow the standard update instructions even though they do not 100% reflect what I see on screen.

Erikrijnders
11-15-2011, 04:36 PM
Hi,

Toengel@Alex

Toengel was in Belgium :-) so I think he is right.

DerShortyy
11-15-2011, 06:35 PM
Yes NetTV seems to crash after about 20 minutes irrespective of which app I am using. There seems to be a suggestion this kind of problem is related to an incorrectly applied FW update and so downgrading and upgrading is the (unsupported) solution. I guess I will just wait for the next update and hopefully the act of installing it may have the same effect. I certainly have had problems applying the last couple of updates. If I remember correctly both failed the first time around and I had to re-apply them. Is there a way to ensure the update works first time? I always follow the standard update instructions even though they do not 100% reflect what I see on screen.

Hi David,
i´ve never considered update problems. All of them (about 3 or 4) went throught at first attempt.
Where do you get that downgrade upgrade info from?

david
11-16-2011, 09:21 AM
Hi David,
i´ve never considered update problems. All of them (about 3 or 4) went throught at first attempt.
Where do you get that downgrade upgrade info from?

Earlier in this thread Toengel refers to another thread where Philips admit there can be a problem with flashing the FW and it appears downgrading/upgrading can resolve but Philips say their engineer should do it. http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2799-Cursor-navigation-remote-doesn-t-work-anymore-with-NetTV&p=15213#post15213

IronJack
11-17-2011, 08:38 AM
i hope to see usb recording in these new firmware. I cannot imagine why a tv that can show a full bitrate1080p mkv cannot record a simple (or even HD) stream from the tv!

Philips - Thomas
11-17-2011, 10:26 AM
Hi

USB Recording is not a Feature for the 2k10 or earlier TV's. Only for 2k11 (xxpflxxx6)

Regards
Thomas

IronJack
11-17-2011, 01:32 PM
Thanks Thomas, but i guess its just a commercial choice. Thats what i meant in the early msg, and thats why id like to see it even if i dont have a 2011 tv!

Nettle
11-17-2011, 01:40 PM
This is for sure a commercial choice: certailny loser for the Philips brand recognition compared with other brands (due to the long life cycle of the "TV product"), but a choice.

regards

DerShortyy
11-19-2011, 08:53 PM

Hi David,
i´ve had the TV at the repair center. They exchanged the mainboard (Digiboard), What else should be replaced in the TV there´s a display and a motherboard. Nothing more nothing less. Guess what, the replacement didn´t help at all. No, it even got worse because the TV returns with SW 140.39 and when i tried to update to 140.40 the flashing couldn´t be finished so i had to downgrade to 140.34. Updating to 140.40 then was possible without problems but the reboot and crash issue still remains so the TV went to repair center for second attempt.

david
11-21-2011, 10:36 PM
Hi David,
i´ve had the TV at the repair center. They exchanged the mainboard (Digiboard), What else should be replaced in the TV there´s a display and a motherboard. Nothing more nothing less. Guess what, the replacement didn´t help at all. No, it even got worse because the TV returns with SW 140.39 and when i tried to update to 140.40 the flashing couldn´t be finished so i had to downgrade to 140.34. Updating to 140.40 then was possible without problems but the reboot and crash issue still remains so the TV went to repair center for second attempt.

Telephone support told me to unplug the TV from the power for a few minutes and if the problem recurred then they would send an engineer. I did this and then used NetTV for several hours without an issue and I haven't had time to test it again since.

Pety99
11-26-2011, 06:58 PM
Dear Readers,

sorry everyone for errors and incorrect to write. Sorry I do not know English, i used Microsoft Translator , for translation. I recently bought a 32pfl9705k/02 Philips TV. Few people have tv like this so I can’t talk about the problems. A few days of the Net-TV have got a problem , I upgraded to the TV’s software. New software: Q5551-0.140.40.0. Net-TV problem is resolved (ok). There is a new phenomenon. The picture is not as sharp as when the old software (Q5551-0.140.25.0) the image is unclear. The HD broadcasts not a good as before. Camera bit move (slowly) the image will be very dim. Old software this phenomenon wasn’t on this scale. Now the image just sharp when camera is completely stop. Hava got anyone problem like me ? The thing is annoying.
It would be a question for you. Can I put an older software to the TV? I would like to do a test, with the old program, the picture is again good? Where can I download the old software?
Please Philips xamine the problem, phenomenon.

Michiel1986
11-26-2011, 10:57 PM
Dear Readers,

sorry everyone for errors and incorrect to write. Sorry I do not know English, i used Microsoft Translator , for translation. I recently bought a 32pfl9705k/02 Philips TV. Few people have tv like this so I can’t talk about the problems. A few days of the Net-TV have got a problem , I upgraded to the TV’s software. New software: Q5551-0.140.40.0. Net-TV problem is resolved (ok). There is a new phenomenon. The picture is not as sharp as when the old software (Q5551-0.140.25.0) the image is unclear. The HD broadcasts not a good as before. Camera bit move (slowly) the image will be very dim. Old software this phenomenon wasn’t on this scale. Now the image just sharp when camera is completely stop. Hava got anyone problem like me ? The thing is annoying.
It would be a question for you. Can I put an older software to the TV? I would like to do a test, with the old program, the picture is again good? Where can I download the old software?
Please Philips xamine the problem, phenomenon.

I got the same problem with this update, the picture is indeed not so sharp anymore more like a wast out image, i wish i could also go back to 140.39 or below i tryd but the tv wont let me downgrade :(

Pety99
11-27-2011, 08:41 AM
I got the same problem with this update, the picture is indeed not so sharp anymore more like a wast out image, i wish i could also go back to 140.39 or below i tryd but the tv wont let me downgrade :(

I contacted the Philips in Hungary and they told me that you couldn't go back to a previous program. This operation can only do him the servisce. I thought such a thing. Rental of supplier of TV broadcasts a set top box be able to see that picture there will be when the processing of the signals is another tuner.
What do you say?

ali54
11-27-2011, 09:31 AM
to pety99 and michiel 1986 in a way im happy you both have notice the 2d pictuer is poor with this new softwears wash out black at times and not as sharp as before i have been saying this for past six month on this forum and av forum.i dont no why philips whant to make the pictuer quilty poor but when you aks them they will tell you they havent change any pictuer settings if more pepole compline about this they would have to fix it

DerShortyy
11-27-2011, 09:42 AM

Hi guys,

the informations you´ll need can be found here:
1. http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?966-Is-there-a-Guaranteed-way-to-downgrade-140.XX-software&p=3176&viewfull=1#post3176

2. http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?1747-Un-official-software-website

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO DOWNGRADE ON YOUR OWN.

ali54
11-27-2011, 10:01 AM
i no how to downgread but i cant go back to 0.25 becuse my tv has diffrent s/w version

Freddy
11-27-2011, 03:25 PM
For those having problems with going back to 140.25:

in addition to the "Software downgrade instructions" by Philips, it may help to

- rename the "autorun.upg" to "firmware.upg"
- make a new directory in the USB root called "upgrades"
- and move the "firmware.upg" to this new directory.

Now follow the downgrade instructions by Philips.

ali54
11-27-2011, 05:08 PM
For those having problems with going back to 140.25:

in addition to the "Software downgrade instructions" by Philips, it may help to

- rename the "autorun.upg" to "firmware.upg"
- make a new directory in the USB root called "upgrades"
- and move the "firmware.upg" to this new directory.

Now follow the downgrade instructions by Philips.

hi freddy i just tryed this way of downgade and its not working for me i get messege saying empty no software found
is any other way i cant try thanx

Michiel1986
11-28-2011, 02:44 PM
hi freddy i just tryed this way of downgade and its not working for me i get messege saying empty no software found
is any other way i cant try thanx
I got the same thing with that, when i push in the usb stick its nothing on there so it dont work.

Manuel
11-28-2011, 03:52 PM
First a all try to do a factory reset in de main menu, and then do all picture adj again, some upgrades need new adj like if you by a new Tv.
Some Upgrades may do an upgrade to a chip call NVM (user data, chip set data, adj data etc), that made impossible to de user perform a downgrade, because of conflict with new data NVM.
This Tv have a several parts that cam bee upgrade, and in general user cam only upgrade main firmware.
There are of list:
standby firmware
main firmware
NVM data
edid data
Ambiligt firmware
HDCP codes
Some data can only performed by Service

ali54
11-28-2011, 05:14 PM
philips need to gev us a answer on why the pictuer haz gon poor with the new softwears and is there going to be a update to fix it.i dont see why we should go thro all this missing about trying to downgrade when wwe payed all this money for a high end tv

Michiel1986
11-28-2011, 05:46 PM
philips need to gev us a answer on why the pictuer haz gon poor with the new softwears and is there going to be a update to fix it.i dont see why we should go thro all this missing about trying to downgrade when wwe payed all this money for a high end tv

100% agree, so philips bring back the crip and sharp image on the 9705 series agian!, and do it quick please because this realy sucks :(

ali54
11-28-2011, 08:13 PM
michiel1986 i see you are from netherlands is there any reports by users on netherlands av forums

Erikrijnders
11-29-2011, 05:14 PM
Picture is perfect here with the new software. Your prob is not software-related!

ali54
11-29-2011, 06:15 PM
erikijnders can plz post your tv size and week it was made

Pety99
11-29-2011, 07:15 PM
Picture is perfect here with the new software. Your prob is not software-related!

Only with a test you could prove that the problem is not the softwaer. We should make a downgread to see if the picture is beather, but it is impossible. I can confirm that in Hungary, with the same settings, the picture is worse than before.
It isn’t a cheap tv., and the thing it is very annoying!

ali54
11-29-2011, 07:45 PM
Only with a test you could prove that the problem is not the softwaer. We should make a downgread to see if the picture is beather, but it is impossible. I can confirm that in Hungary, with the same settings, the picture is worse than before.
It isn’t a cheap tv., and the thing it is very annoying!

im with on that one it can be the hardwear becuse nothing has changed im useing the same hd box same hdmi cabel and same bluray player i think it is the softwear.all so take a look at this post made by freddyb.post number#217

Freddy
11-30-2011, 03:34 PM
all so take a look at this post made by freddyb.post number#217
Just to fix the link ali meant:
http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-led-lcd-tvs/1397132-philips-2010-8605-9705-3d-ready-led-tv-series-part-4-a-8.html#post13969698

ali54
11-30-2011, 05:23 PM
Just to fix the link ali meant:
http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-led-lcd-tvs/1397132-philips-2010-8605-9705-3d-ready-led-tv-series-part-4-a-8.html#post13969698

thanx for the link freddy

Tech-UK
12-08-2011, 05:58 PM
New update Version: 000.140.044.000: http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?slg=en&scy=gb&mid=Link_Software&ctn=40PFL9705H/12

ali54
12-08-2011, 07:05 PM
New update Version: 000.140.044.000: http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?slg=en&scy=gb&mid=Link_Software&ctn=40PFL9705H/12

thanx for that link to the new update haz any one tryed this update if yes whats the 2d pictuer like

Chrissie18
12-08-2011, 07:05 PM
And? Did you try it already?

No sign of the release notes again; hope they post then here soon...

Chris.

Tech-UK
12-08-2011, 07:10 PM
I have just installed it. Tried the Blu-ray of Inglourious Basterds, to test the subtitle dimming problem, and its still there :(. Although 2D picture quality has been improved slighty. I will have to do more tests with other titles.

Nettle
12-08-2011, 07:35 PM
We're in the same conditions (same TV, same lack of upgradability).

:mad:

Regards

Toengel
12-08-2011, 07:57 PM
Hi,

for the new firmware 140.44 - please use the following thread for feedback: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3564-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0.140.44.0-for-8xx5-and-9xx5-series-(2010-models)

Toengel@Alex

Philips - Thomas
12-09-2011, 07:44 AM
thread closed, please go on in the New Thread (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3564-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0.140.44.0-for-8xx5-and-9xx5-series-(2010-models))