PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade to software version 140.40 does not work

conte
08-27-2011, 08:59 AM
I tried to update my 32PLF9705 with the last SW downloaded from Philips site for Italian language. The last version is 140.40 that I know is solving issues related to Net-TV. As I done already other times I unzipped autorun.upg in a USB key and inserted into the USB port, but the installation does not start automatically. It seams that the file it is not recognized as a correct update file. I tried to do the update with Setup and it does not see any valid sw in the USB key. I tried the same thing with the last version (140.39) and it recognizes the sw in the USB key as a correct upgrade. Does anyone else Italian guy had the same problem ? Thank you.

Toengel
08-27-2011, 09:01 AM
Hi,

I had the same problem. But I unplugged the USB-Stick and replugged it on another USB-port (I have 2 on my 21:9) - then the update was recognized...

Toengel@Alex

Toengel
08-27-2011, 09:04 AM
Hi again,

if this does not work, try to "downgrad" to 140.40. See: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?966-Is-there-a-Guaranteed-way-to-downgrade-140.XX-software&p=3176&viewfull=1#post3176

Toengel@Alex

conte
08-27-2011, 09:35 AM
Hi Toengel

Tahnk you for your reply.
Change USB port: no success.
Accessing upgrade/downgrade menu with the procedure you suggest: the USB keys is considered empy; it seams that the file is not considered a correct upgrade file.

Toengel
08-27-2011, 09:53 AM
Hi,

download the update again - you can take a different language - the files contain all languages...

Toengel@Alex

conte
08-27-2011, 11:29 AM
Hi,

I downloaded the upgrade from the UK site and it works. Thank you very much.

l00pu5
08-27-2011, 11:32 AM
Hi Toengel

Tahnk you for your reply.
Change USB port: no success.
Accessing upgrade/downgrade menu with the procedure you suggest: the USB keys is considered empy; it seams that the file is not considered a correct upgrade file.

Hi conte,

did you check that the *.upg file was situated in a folder called "upgrades" in your USB drive's root directory (e.g. D:\upgrades\autorun.upg)?
If that's not the case, the forced up-/downgrade procedure will not work at all.

If you already did so, I'd suggest formatting the USB drive again and start over with the steps provided before.

I also own the 32PFL9705 (K though), and it worked just fine for me (and I'm sure it did for others as well until now).

Toengel
08-27-2011, 11:35 AM
Hi,

he said that it worked after he downloaded it again from UK site... so it seems that there was a problem with the download in the first place...

Toengel@Alex

l00pu5
08-27-2011, 03:36 PM
That's what I noticed after posting...
He posted the reply 3 minutes before I posted mine - I was right in the middle of typing it up then.

Don't worry - I can read :rolleyes: