PDA

View Full Version : Red Button mapping for 2010 TVs in Germany

Toengel
08-28-2011, 11:25 AM
Dear Philips,

at the moment, some TV channels are mapped via the RED BUTTON to the Mediatheken in Germany (except via DVB-S2 reception?):

ARD (change it to the Startbar)
ZDF
ARTE
Sat1
Pro7
RBB
However, in the meantime some more are available, but not mapped:

Kabel 1
MDR
RTL
SWR
NDR
WDR
München TV
Eins Extra (-> Ein Extra Ticker)
Eins Festival
BR (-> Startbar)
Anixe TV
QVC
VOX
Euronews
France24
Philips, can you please add the missing ones? Or please give us some clarification why this is not possible!

Additionally, some Questions:

ARD: why is the red button not mapped the the "ARD Bar" such that we can also use the other features that were available by directly opening the URLs in the open internet?
Sat1/Pro7: in some cases the PIP is not working ("no TV signal available")
@All
Did I miss some TV-channel mappings to the Red Button? Please state them and I will add them above.

Toengel@Alex

smart
08-28-2011, 06:30 PM
Hey Toengel,

I think, this is a good idea. Seems that the mappings from Philips are not really up-to-date and some NetTV apps could also be added. The amount of NetTV apps could be greater by just linking them.

I found the following missing mappings:

- SWR Mediathek
- NDR Mediathek
- WDR
- Bayern 2 (if this is the normal BR, I can receive)

RBB is also already mapped, but is missing in your list of existing mappings.

I always thought, that the links are provided by the channel itself.

smart
08-28-2011, 06:36 PM
I don't know the link to the RTL Mediathek for the TV. Can you please post it?

Toengel
08-29-2011, 06:48 AM
Hi,

I updated the list... (I don't the Bayern 2 is the right mapping to BR)

RTL: digitaltext.rtl.de - but it only shows an empty white page on Philips TVs...

Toengel@Alex

smart
08-29-2011, 08:15 AM
Hi, thanks for the url. I knew that know and already tried. I just thought it would work.

I also opened the url with opera browser on pc and also a white page (error.php) is shown. All other hbbtv sites, I tried, could also be shown by opera on pc. So I thought RTL hbbtv does not work and there might be another url.

ahasver
08-30-2011, 12:39 AM
Topic is not only related to 2010 devices but also to 2009 NetTV devices (except that PiP could never work on 2009 devices for hardware limitation reasons)

RTL is limiting access to selected hardware so we get this white error page. There wouldn't be an other URL but opening access to NetTV-Users should be done by RTL!

In above listing (and in red button mapping on my tv) I'm missing CeHtml- or HbbTV-Versions of

Muenchen TV (available as NetTV APP) and a few other (local) tv stations provided by myTVscout.
Eins Extra (wrong mapping to ARD Mediathek, should guide to Eins Extra News Ticker)
Eins Festival
Anixe TV News (Anixe HD Videothek would be nice too but known HbbTV URL doesn't work properly on my 8404)
for Bayerisches Fernsehen (BR) are varios HbbTV-Applications (Startbar, "Rundschau", ...) available when typing in direct URL. And there are Apps for the BR radio channels Bayern 2, BR Klassik and may be others.

Toengel
08-30-2011, 06:32 AM
Hi,

updated...

Toengel@Alex

bta
08-31-2011, 08:45 PM
Hi everybody,

What I miss due to this topic is the red triangle in the upper right corner of each tv channel logo in the IP-EPG. No doubt that the new IP-EPG is better than the old one but this indication of the red button avaliability was a good feature.

Regards
bta

Toengel
09-01-2011, 06:42 AM
Hi,

I added this to the bug list: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2223-Important-Bugs-which-need-to-be-fixed-in-2010-firmware-(TV550R1)

I really forget that the feature was present in the past... good point, bta!

Toengel@Alex

ahasver
09-06-2011, 01:07 AM
It's not a firmware issue but an issue of NetTV-Portal where mapping is done.
And I think, it should be only a database entry for each channel...

There are two other channels missed in the list:

EuroNews and France24

Both are includes in NetTV Portal. So the Red Button should be added too.

Toengel
09-06-2011, 06:24 AM
Hi,

updated...

Toengel@Alex

bta
09-13-2011, 07:54 PM
It's not a firmware issue but an issue of NetTV-Portal where mapping is done.
And I think, it should be only a database entry for each channel...

There are two other channels missed in the list:

EuroNews and France24

Both are includes in NetTV Portal. So the Red Button should be added too.

Dear ahasver,

I'm not sure if you'r right, because as far as I know the "red button" is not mapped by Philips - not in the fw nor at the NetTV Portal nor at the IP-EPG. It should be a link that is transmitted via the broadcasted tv-signal. So its up to the broadcaster itself (and perhaps also on the cable provider).

The Service in the NetTV-Portal (from some special broadcaster) is something different than the "red button" function. It can be the same content but must not be; e.g. test the ProSieben-red button: 1. press the red button, when the page is up, press the green-button and you will see a functionality you won't see in the ProSieben NetTV-Service.

Regards
bta

ahasver
09-19-2011, 12:47 AM
@bta
As you describe it should work with HbbTV but our devices don't support HbbTV and no DVB-URLs. HbbTV-support would be a firmware issue but Philips claims only 2011 devices will do this. (Even if I would be very happy if Philips would support HbbTV with older devices)

Philips did understand RedButton in an other way. They map Red button of a channel to a URL using the same channel list that is used by IP-EPG. Try to press red button while watching a channel not assigned in IP-EPG and you will see a dialogue to assign and you can choose only the few channels where Red button is supported by Philips. Otherwise - if channel was already assigned - you got a message "channel doesn't support interactive..." by Philips if channel isn't supported by Philips or the supported mediathek-URL is called...

DerShortyy
10-24-2011, 03:26 PM
Sat1
Pro7

Pro7 and Sat1 Red-Button doesn´t work at the moment, right?

Toengel
10-24-2011, 03:45 PM
Hi,

right - also the apps were removed...

Toengel@Alex

Erikrijnders
10-24-2011, 03:56 PM
HBBTV for 2010-Devices?? WHEN SUPPORTED??? Please Philips react!

Philips - Mark
10-25-2011, 12:23 PM
The Dutch “Publieke omroep” made a new Hbb-TV site. We are negotiating with them to get it aligned. You can already access it when you type http://goo.gl/3tHB9 in your open internet browser.