PDA

View Full Version : DLNA Troubles with BDP7600/12 (no connect to server)

OliBoe
08-29-2011, 02:00 PM
Hi,

iīve really big problems with my new Philips BDP7600 Blu Ray player connecting to my Twonky DLNA server.
Neither using my LAN connection nor using my WLAN connection Iīm not able to even see my DLNA server.
Most of the time when pressing the OK button on "PC durchsuchen" (which should be someting like "search PC") nothing happens! (really nothing). 1 out of 10 times an empty server list appears with an error message saying "No DLNA server available".

The following devides are able to connect to my DLNA server using the same network (and most of some even using the same LAN cable and router port):
Sony PS3, Philips 26" LCD TV (!), Denon AVR-3310, Denon AVR-3808, LG BX580, Kathrein UFS-922 -> all of them see my Twonky server and are able to play files without any problems using my server.

I tried then two other DLNA servers (tversity and Windows Media Player) -> all devides saw this new servers -> the BDP7600 didnīt.

I can connect to NetTV and can access all content incl. Videos etc. -> network connection works fine with or without cable.

I chatted with the Philips support and they said I should send the player to the Euro-Repair Center in Longuich which I did one week ago. Today I got a parcel back from them but...
...with my old player saying "No problem with the player - everything works fine and as expected"... :-(
Iīm getting crazy... :-(

Cheers,
Oliver

Kiro
08-31-2011, 09:05 AM
Hi OliBoe,

do you mind to paste here all the Network settings and wireless settings? They should be fine, but I'm just curious.
I would also check again the TWONKY settings. I don't think it is an hardware issue, I'm more keen to an "error" in the configuration...

Regards,

Andrea

KAV69
09-01-2011, 07:27 AM
I've got the same problem on my BDP7600/12! everything but iplayer works. I get the same massage "Unfortunately this programme is not currently available, BBC iPlayer was not able to connect to a required server. Please check your network connection and try again"
That well might be the reason for this particular application not working, but makes you wonder how come all other systems which are connected to the network working just fine.
Can someone from Philips look into this (or at least say that they will). if any of you find a solution please shout! (UK)

OliBoe
09-03-2011, 10:51 AM
Hi OliBoe,

do you mind to paste here all the Network settings and wireless settings? They should be fine, but I'm just curious.
I would also check again the TWONKY settings. I don't think it is an hardware issue, I'm more keen to an "error" in the configuration...

Regards,

Andrea

Hi,
I was the whole week in Cary NC and therefore hadnīt had any time for replying.
But I was able to find out that it seems that the Philips CANNOT "live" together with my Windows Home Server in the same network.
If the WHS is online, the Philips will never ever see any DLNA server even from other sources like a Mac or other PC. Is the WHS offline (standby) everything works fine immideatelly!

Itīs independent wheter I use DHCP or fix IPīs (and YES - the IPīs of the WHS and Philips are different) and itīs independent if a DLNA server is working on the WHS or not. So pure WHS server (for backup purposes) without any DLNA server (neither Windows Media Player/Connect nor Twonky) will cause the network problems.

So I totally agree that itīs not an hardware issue but a software issue on the Philips side - because all other devices works fine for month/years...
Cheers,
Oliver

Kiro
09-05-2011, 01:38 PM
Hi Oliver,

nice findings!! It worth spending some time to do all these tests ;)

I hope Philips will consider your experience.

I do not have WHS but I hope in the next days to install a Linux server on a box I have at home. Don't know which distribution, I already have Ubuntu 11.04, maybe I'll try the Server version, but CentOS seems interesting too...
I will post here my feedback!

Regards,

Andrea

kwinnie
09-05-2011, 01:55 PM
yes nice finding. wondering if that's just your player 7600 or if this presents to other players as well...(see if i can use my 5100/9600/3200 to test this :D

Kiro
09-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Hi Kwinnie,

I bought a BDP7600/12 to my parents (it's a kind of present for my self as well :)) and I have no problem at all with DLNA fetaures, both on a WinXP and a Win7 machines, with Twonky Media (and Wild media server too , but since the shareware expired I don't use it any more) .
So I think it can be an issue linked to the Windows Home Server OS.

Regards,

Andrea

OliBoe
09-05-2011, 10:41 PM
Hi,
Iīm unfortunately on a business trip at the moment and can therefore do some more test next weekend earliest. Iīll then try to stop all services and then see what happens.

Iīll try to install Twonky on a Windows 7 PC as well - I keep you informed.

But yes - Philips should investigate this issue because all (!) other DLNA devices work fine....

oyvindm
09-10-2011, 11:02 AM
OliBoe,

I've got almost the same problems as you with WHS on the network for my BDP7600/12 player.
When WHS is online and clicking "Browse PC" nothing happens. When it's offline, it works as it's supposed to. But as all my media files are on the WHS it's kind of crucial to me to have WHS up and running. :)

I've seen many people that are having problems with different blu-ray players and WHS. The reaon seems to be that WHS isn't fully DLNA compliant - so it's recommended to install WMP11 or Twonky on the WHS. (Unsupported by Microsoft)

However, I've tried multiple "hacks" to get this working, including disabling WHS media sharing, turning off the WIndows Media Connect service, installing WMP11 on the WHS, installing Twonky on the WHS - still no luck. Please post a message if you're able to find a solution. Thanks.

OliBoe
09-11-2011, 10:53 AM
OliBoe,
I've seen many people that are having problems with different blu-ray players and WHS. The reaon seems to be that WHS isn't fully DLNA compliant - so it's recommended to install WMP11 or Twonky on the WHS. (Unsupported by Microsoft)

Hi,
i use the Twonky Server as my DLNA server on my WHS and at the same time all the Windows Media stuff is disabled. So Iīm using an officially certified DLNA server on a well-known Server-Basis and it didnīt work!

Unfortunately it didnīt work either if I disable all multimedia services on the WHS.

I installed Twonky on a different PC and it worked - but is the WHS in the same network (and online) even this new PC isnīt visible for the Philips BDP7600.

So my conclusion is: WHS or Philips BDP7600.
because of soooo many devices which work with my WHS incl. Twonky Iīll decide against the BDP7600.

Itīs a shame that Philips send my Blu Ray player back with 'thereīs no error' but the error/problem is easily traceable.

This was my last Philips device...

oyvindm
09-11-2011, 02:26 PM
Yes, the same goes for me. I rely much more on the WHS as I use it for all my media files and backups. The BDP7600/12 goes out the window and back to the store on Monday. My first and definitely last Philips product.

Philips - Remko
09-15-2011, 08:26 AM
Dear users,

We are currently investigating the issue and will come back to you as soon
as we have an update.

Regards

OliBoe
09-15-2011, 08:34 PM
Well...
How long will it take?
I would wait but after sending my BDP7600 to the German service with the same detailed description (and findings) I got it back with the statement "everything okay"... :-(

So what do you think when it would be possible to get an update?

Oscar
09-15-2011, 09:14 PM
Well if they said today they look into it lets give them some days :rolleyes:

kwinnie
09-16-2011, 07:23 AM
agree with Oscar,
it's quite different that to go to service.
maybe there s a need for upgrade... but of course am not sure if there's one for this case ... let's give them some days :D

joebar
11-21-2011, 11:35 AM
I have the same DLNA problem with the BDP 7600 and WHS. The BDP doesn't find the server when WHS is online.
Is Philips actually working on the problem???? I have my doubts since there haven't been any news for 2 months now.

joebar
11-21-2011, 06:41 PM
update: try to stop the service "Computerbrowser" aka C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs

seems to work for me

Kiro
12-01-2011, 08:45 AM
Hi joebar,

can you please tell me how much was the CPU usage of the service C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs, before you kill it?

Thanks

joebar
12-01-2011, 10:50 AM
I didn't kill the service, but stopped it. I have no idea how much cpu it was using......BUT it seems that it was NOT the solution. It worked for a couple of days :confused:, now I can't find the server again as soon as WHS is online. :(

Pacman
12-01-2011, 11:08 AM
Hi,

I just went over to the DLNA website. And I could not find the Windows Home Server in any of the certified device categories. Just curious, because I was also researching on this server, do you have a PC running Windows Home Server or do you have a NAS running Windows Home Server?

Bye

joebar
12-01-2011, 04:10 PM
Hi,

I just went over to the DLNA website. And I could not find the Windows Home Server in any of the certified device categories. Just curious, because I was also researching on this server, do you have a PC running Windows Home Server or do you have a NAS running Windows Home Server?

Bye

I run it on an Acer H340
http://certification.dlna.org/certs/REG47865682.pdf