PDA

View Full Version : Problems with TuneIn App

edinerk
08-30-2011, 10:36 PM
Hi! I have a Philips 42PFL7655K/02 TV with NetTV and a TuneIn Radio app. The app worked yesterday, but suddenly today I only get a black background and the TuneIn logo in the upper right corner when I start the app. It seems somehow that the rest of the content is misplaced.

When I open nettv.radiotime.com with the browser, the same screen with no content appear. However, on the history bar icons, you can see the whole page on the little TuneIn icon.

I have already restarted the device. I have emptied the NetTV memory, cookies and history. Tried to remove and add the app again, but nothing has helped. :confused:

How can I fix it? Can I reinstall or something? It looks like a great app! Thanks!

(SEE ATTACHED PICTURE)

ipeters
08-31-2011, 09:04 PM
I have the same problem since yesterday with my BDP8000 player. Would be nice if someone could help us or tell whats happen to that app!? I'm missing it :(

Philips - Mark
08-31-2011, 09:47 PM
Thank you for reporting the problems at TuneIn-radio. We wil investigate the cause and repair this app.

jerome
09-03-2011, 12:29 AM
Still doesn't work :(

Klimas
09-03-2011, 09:06 AM
The same problem. Still doesn't work. Neither from vidget no from bult-in browser but from PC. In history bar icon (in browser) i see the whole page.
Full reset, new firmware but nothing.
Moscow support engineer in call-center said that in his office apps worked fully & propertly.
Please, fix it!

Earthling
09-04-2011, 03:25 AM
Hi! I have a Philips 42PFL7655K/02 TV with NetTV and a TuneIn Radio app. The app worked yesterday, but suddenly today I only get a black background and the TuneIn logo in the upper right corner when I start the app. It seems somehow that the rest of the content is misplaced.

When I open nettv.radiotime.com with the browser, the same screen with no content appear. However, on the history bar icons, you can see the whole page on the little TuneIn icon.

I have already restarted the device. I have emptied the NetTV memory, cookies and history. Tried to remove and add the app again, but nothing has helped. :confused:

How can I fix it? Can I reinstall or something? It looks like a great app! Thanks!

(SEE ATTACHED PICTURE)

Hello there,

I´ve been having the same issue for a few days. Now the TuneIn screen looks just like on your TV, TuneIn logo on the right upper corner and the little play symbol besides that tower logo and the ¨Welcome to TuneIn Radio!¨greeting. By the way this is happening on my BDP8000/78 player.

I also restarted the device, cleared NetTv, removed and reinstalled the APP but nothing fixed the issue.

Funny thing is that when I access nettv.radiotime.com on my PC everything is just fine. All these incidents lead me to believe that it is an issue related only to TVs/BD Players.

I must say that I´m missing that APP, there were a lot of nice stations on it!

If anyone knows about a fix on this please let us know!

cordagh
09-04-2011, 10:41 PM
Hi all,

same problem here in italy. Unable to see list of radio channels.
I've tried to reach same url through my PC and everithing it seems works ok.
I think that app has some trouble to works on NETTV.
Admin pls try to investigate in order to restore this useful service
Thanks

Brgds

grosias
09-05-2011, 01:32 PM
Hi all,

same problem here in Greece. Unable to see list of radio channels.
I think that app has some trouble to works on NETTV because in my other devices it works perfect.(pc,mobile,e.t.c)
Could you please check it as soon as possible.
Thanks

degsie
09-06-2011, 11:58 PM
I reported this problem here:

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2326-TuneIn-app-not-working

Not sure why the op posted this in this forum as this is a specific app problem and not a generic NetTV s/w problem.

Anyhoo, there is no response from Philips yet which is VERY disappointing...

rainh
09-09-2011, 11:06 AM
Still doesn't work.

rainh
09-09-2011, 11:12 AM
Still doesn't work.
How long does Philips have to fix this?‎

grosias
09-09-2011, 11:16 AM
Hello,

i am wondering if anyone form Philis Support team check these kind of problems reported inthe forum.
At least a comment for the status of the reported problem would be expected!!

Thanks in advance,
Br,
Spiros

Philips - Mark
09-09-2011, 12:40 PM
The issue with Tune-in Radio is recognized. It seems that they upgraded their application to become fully HTML5 compatible, but it introduced the described issue. (On 2011 TV’s the App still works well).
We are in the process of getting this repaired. It is difficult for App builders to keep Apps compatible with multiple standards. Sorry for inconveniency caused.

grosias
09-10-2011, 09:35 AM
Hello,

thanks a lot for providing the detailed & updated status of the proplem.
Counting on your brand name reliability we are waiting for the fix as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance,
Br,
Spiros

Deltablue
09-14-2011, 01:32 AM
Hello Mark,

thanks for trying to solve the problem! I really miss the app, it on of the best apps in net tv!

BUT your statement that "on 2011 tv's the app still works well" is WRONG! I have an 46PFL9705K/02 (should be one of the 2011, is it right or I'm wrong?) and the app doesn't work since some days. If you need more details (firmware version, etc.) contact me!

Kind Regards,
Maximilian

First post :D

Toengel
09-14-2011, 07:34 AM
Hi,

46PFL9705K/02 is a 2010 model... xxPFLxxx5 = 2010, xxPFLxxx6 = 2011...

Toengel@Alex

Deltablue
09-14-2011, 11:37 AM
2010 :confused:

So I'm sorry, its my fault.

jerome
09-15-2011, 07:39 AM
The problem is solved, thank you! :D

Philips - Mark
09-15-2011, 08:39 AM
Indeed, TuneIn Radio is repaired. :)

Earthling
09-15-2011, 05:18 PM
Indeed, TuneIn Radio is repaired. :)

Indeed! The App has been fixed!:)

Thank you, Philips Team, for solving the problem!

smart
09-15-2011, 06:59 PM
Yes, it is fixed and it is a really great app.

fsloth
09-16-2011, 01:27 AM
Pfl7605 37"
Christmas came early this year. Tunein works again, and Philips solved the problem "server not found" when accesing Net TV too, by the latest firmware upgrade . Everything is just wonderfull, and playing :-) :-). Thank you very much, now I will now recoment Philips to my friends again.

Miha
09-23-2011, 08:19 AM
Hello, I am very unhappy to see, that my tune in app on pfl7605H/12 still does not work.
I have upgraded my TV with latest version, that is all I can do it myself.

I understand the reason of the problem, but I do not understand how someones problem is fixed.

Is the problem specific for each Philips TV model? i do not think so.

Please, Philips, fix it.

fsloth
09-23-2011, 09:18 AM
Miha - It is exactly the same model I have and it works, but still you will only be able to play MP3 streams on this TV. When you enter the application you schould see "loading configuration" in the left corner /bottom for a few seconds. After that TuneIn looks, and works as before.
Could your problem be country specific? Try to check wich URL your TV use. The URL by me is http://nettv.radiotime.com/ . The URL http://ce.radiotime.com/ works too. You can try these adresses in your internetbrowser both on the tv, and the computer.

Miha
09-23-2011, 09:27 AM
Miha - It is exactly the same model I have and it works, but still you will only be able to play MP3 streams on this TV. When you enter the application you schould see "loading configuration" in the left corner /bottom for a few seconds. After that TuneIn looks, and works as before.
Could your problem be country specific? Try to check wich URL your TV use. The URL by me is http://nettv.radiotime.com/ . The URL http://ce.radiotime.com/ works too. You can try these adresses in your internetbrowser both on the tv, and the computer.

Fsloth - thank you for your idea. I will try it.

I forgot to mention that I see the app as it has to be, but I cannot select any of the options of the bar...:(

fsloth
09-23-2011, 09:52 AM
Fsloth - thank you for your idea. I will try it.

I forgot to mention that I see the app as it has to be, but I cannot select any of the options of the bar...:(

Have you tried the following:
1. Remove the application, and add it back on
2. Clear Nettv-memory in Networksettings.
Please remark you have to register Nettv again if you clear memory, but you can still use the same emailadress, so it is easy. You might need to register TuneIn again too, if you want to use presets.

Miha
09-23-2011, 09:54 AM
fsloth- thank you for another good idea. I will try afternoon and will post result.

Have a nice day

Miha
09-25-2011, 02:06 PM
Hy, fsloth

I tried all ideas, but it still doesnt work.

When I try URL in internet browser on TV, is the same.

On laptop, the URLs are working normal.

So, I do not know, where is the problem. Maybe it realy is country dependent :(...

Any new idea?

fsloth
09-26-2011, 09:06 AM
Hi Miha
Sorry, I don't have more suggestions. I think this might be a case for Philips to solve.
Good Luck

Nettle
02-13-2012, 09:51 PM
I've installed the latest 140.46 fw version and TuneIn Radio doesn't work very well.

The application becomes "frozen":

a) adding a station to the Preferred list

b) choosing "Lineup"

c) is not possible to scroll down the left sidebar and choose the other choices available.

Right now is unusable.

Regards

salee_m
04-21-2012, 09:06 PM
I too have problem with tune in radio.. it freeze

non of the options are working.

vyger
05-13-2012, 04:03 AM
I have problems with tune in too. when I select play, app show play start, but nothing happen, no sound,no nothing

salee_m
05-13-2012, 06:53 AM
Still my Itunes not working, apps starts and freez, left hand menus are there, right side initiallt shows loading then empty screen
please help

dombl29
05-13-2012, 08:57 AM
Same with my 32PFL7695K/02. Tunein-app starts, but the streams never start.
Tune.fm is working.
Problem occurs a few days before.

grosias
05-13-2012, 10:57 AM
Hello,same with my 46PFL8605H/12 (latest sw 140.47.0). Tunein-app starts, but the streams never start.Tune.fm is working.
Problem occurs a few days before.

42PFL4307H/12
12-28-2012, 02:22 PM
Hello, the TuneIn application is great, but there is one problem: it has not been updated soon. There are quite a few new stations I see at nettv.radiotime.com , when I open the address with my computer, but those stations are missing in my Philips TV - 42PFL4307H/12.

fsloth
12-29-2012, 04:55 AM
Hello, the TuneIn application is great, but there is one problem: it has not been updated soon. There are quite a few new stations I see at nettv.radiotime.com , when I open the address with my computer, but those stations are missing in my Philips TV - 42PFL4307H/12.

It is because the TV doesn't support as many formats as your computer, so f.ex. wma-streams won't be shown or played if shown in your presets.