PDA

View Full Version : Smart TV

Philips - Mark
09-02-2011, 07:39 AM
The release of Smart TV was announces at IFA 2011. In the coming months Smart TV will be deployed to all connecting TV's. Connecting Blu-Ray players will also receive a Smart upgrade.
This upgrade will happen automatically.
Learn more about Smart TV on this (http://www.philips.co.uk/c/smarttv/286454/cat/?q_origin=en_GB_all_BB_all_8KVEXC) website.

Toengel
09-02-2011, 07:48 AM
Hi,

thats sounds great! Only for my understanding... The new layout... is this a new Net TV Portal layout or does the Smart TV replaces the HOME menu?

Does this apply only to 2011 models or also for 2010 and/or 2009?

Toengel@Alex

Philips - Mark
09-02-2011, 08:18 AM
All connecting devices will benefit from the new Smart release.
TV's will indeed show the new Smart TV portal, a complete new look with good changes and improvements.
Blu-ray players will also get a new Smart look.

miro9000
09-02-2011, 08:45 AM
Wow, fantastic. Thanks Philips. Comsumer care is working, also this forum.

miro9000
09-02-2011, 10:16 AM
And we will say bye bye to the IP EPG powered by tvtv (not very good for the spanish channels). The new provider itīs going to be Gracenote. See http://www.gracenote.com/events/ifa_berlin_2011/

sngbcn
09-02-2011, 10:48 AM
Actually reading through the link you posted Gracenote bought tvtv, so really I'm not so confident the whole content situation will change :(, let's hope so anyway.

smart
09-02-2011, 11:08 AM
That sounds really fantastic, if I understand it correctly.

As from the link above, recording is one feature of SmartTV.
http://www.philips.co.uk/c/smarttv/286454/cat/?q_origin=en_GB_all_BB_all_8KVEXC#program

Looking at the filtered list of TVs (all SmartTVs):
http://www.philips.co.uk/c/televisions/33092/dec/#filterState0=FK_FLATTV_NET_TV%3Dtrue;tabState=0

I see 7000series of 2010 as SmartTV.

This would mean, an update would bring recording functionality to my 42PFL7695K/02, right?
Please confirm...

sterothery
09-02-2011, 11:15 AM
will the 40PFL7605H/05 model be getting this update??

Erikrijnders
09-02-2011, 03:25 PM
will the 40PFL7605H/05 model be getting this update??

Yes ALL Internet-models!

exitido
09-02-2011, 09:45 PM
That sounds really fantastic, if I understand it correctly.

As from the link above, recording is one feature of SmartTV.
http://www.philips.co.uk/c/smarttv/286454/cat/?q_origin=en_GB_all_BB_all_8KVEXC#program

Looking at the filtered list of TVs (all SmartTVs):
http://www.philips.co.uk/c/televisions/33092/dec/#filterState0=FK_FLATTV_NET_TV%3Dtrue;tabState=0

I see 7000series of 2010 as SmartTV.

This would mean, an update would bring recording functionality to my 42PFL7695K/02, right?
Please confirm...

Sorry, usb recording its only for 2011 tvs.
Tvs from 2010 have a very limited hardware.

Smart tv is a pack of apps that include: nettv, record to usb, recommendations and a lot of more features.
Yes you can access to smarttv because nettv is a part of smartv.

In few words, 2010 tvs only can access to nettv, and nettv its a part of smarttv, so you can use smarttv, but really you only can use nettv..
Dont expect to see any changes in your 2010 tv.

And owners of 2011 tvs, dont expect to use any feature of 2012tv..
With philips you must buy a new tv every year.

Erikrijnders
09-03-2011, 10:27 AM
With this change. Can we expect a working now/next-box when zapping aswell ?????

smart
09-05-2011, 05:46 AM
Hello,

I have never heard or read something about Now/Next feature as a part of SmartTV. Erik, is there any source or reason for that? Or is this just another post in the hope you get that feature if posting the same in more threads, cross topic?

Regarding the SmartTV update for 2010 TVs, will this be just an update of NetTV to the New version, which is part of SmartTV or will 2010 TVs be updated to SmartTV, which also includes recording?

I just want to understand the announcement correctly. Not sure how to interprete it.

Toengel
09-05-2011, 06:55 AM
Hi,

2010 models won't get any 2011 features...

But also my question remains. Is this new "Smart TV Portal" a replacement of the HOME menu or a replacement of the NET TV Portal?

Toengel@Alex

smart
09-05-2011, 08:49 AM

That's why I'm wondering about this announcement. I read this in the very first post:

Smart TV will be deployed to all connecting TV's.

and also:

Learn more about Smart TV on this (http://www.philips.co.uk/c/smarttv/286454/cat/?q_origin=en_GB_all_BB_all_8KVEXC) website.

I had a look at the website and there are several things described which SmartTV consists of:

NetTV
SimplyShare
Control
Program (record from EPG)

As mentioned above, Philips - Mark says, that they want to deliver SmartTV to all connecting TVs.
If not, what is the real news form this post?

Regarding items 1, 2 and 3 they are all already usable with current firmware. I do make use of all the features.

What is the news in the announcement? Maybe I'm a little blind and do not see it...
Is the announcement, that Philips will update the NetTV portal to the new SmartTV version?

For me, there is a difference between:
"SmartTV will be deployed to all connecting TV's"
and:
"NetTV will be updated to newer SmartTV version"

Looking at the picture (if following the link to SmartTV), I see current program and EPG bottom left, internet app top left, a collection of NetTV apps on the right and in the middle the icons Philips uses for HDMI, USB, WiFi and DLNA.
My assumption was, that this is just for marketing, since it does not really make sense to me having a WiFi ready icon next to a DLNA icon.

But reading Toengels post, I might think they will change the Home Screen to this.

Philips, please help to clarify and understand the announcement.

smart
09-05-2011, 09:00 AM
@Toengel:
Please follow the link to SmartTV from the first post, then choose "Program" from the big buttons in the middle and then follow the link "See all TVs with SmartTV". You will see a list, where also 7000series of 2010 are listed. They definitely do not have that feature. But Philips directly links to this TV from the recording explanation.

Isn't SmartTV a 2011 feature?

Toengel
09-05-2011, 09:53 AM
Hi,

I think that all "connected TVs" get this new GUI, but not all TVs (2010) will have all the features such as USB recording...

Toengel@Alex

Toengel
09-05-2011, 10:01 AM
Hi

@Philips
Does the new GUI is also fixed to 16:9 on 21:9 TVs? It would be nice to have a flexible layout (e.g. the lower App button bar) without stretching or black bars on the left/right...

Toengel@Alex

smart
09-05-2011, 11:32 AM
Toengel, read your blog and saw the pictures of the new surface. I also think, that this will just be a GUI update.

But I think the announcement is not clear at that point. I do not like throwing with marketing keywords which does not really clearly say what is supported on which device/model from which year. If there is too much promised, there will be people which are disappointed later on. One can see many, which are disappointed because of not getting new features without announcing them.

Nettle
09-05-2011, 12:00 PM
Dear Philips Mod,

I've seen that the model 37PFL 8605 H/12 could be updated with "Smart TV".

What about 37 PFL8605 M/08? Why is it not listed?

Please let us know.

regards

Nettle
09-05-2011, 12:03 PM
Sorry, usb recording its only for 2011 tvs.
Tvs from 2010 have a very limited hardware.

And owners of 2011 tvs, dont expect to use any feature of 2012tv..
With philips you must buy a new tv every year.

This is the best example of "loss os customer fidelity".
Year by year the "1 year" previous models cannot be updated.
One Example:
2010 models: with NET TV and WITHOUT wireless keyboard
2011 models: with NET TV and WITH wireless keyboard + USB recording.

No retrofit kits, no upgrade planned, nothing. It's a shame.

Normally the TV is not purchased every year in the families, I don't know in the Netherlands, maybe there they're given for free. :mad:
Congratulations. Philips

Toengel
09-05-2011, 12:16 PM
What about 37 PFL8605 M/08? Why is it not listed?

Hi,

the link provided above is a UK-link - the M models arn't sold in the UK. But if you open the Italian site you can find your TV: http://www.philips.it/c/televisori/19566/dec/#tabState=0;filterState0=FK_FLATTV_NET_TV%3Dtrue

Toengel@Alex

Nettle
09-05-2011, 12:29 PM
Hi,

if you open the Italian site you can find your TV: http://www.philips.it/c/televisori/19566/dec/#tabState=0;filterState0=FK_FLATTV_NET_TV%3Dtrue

Toengel@Alex

Thanks Toengel I've seen it only 10 minutes ago.
regards

carlosfm
09-21-2011, 03:12 PM
In few words, 2010 tvs only can access to nettv, and nettv its a part of smarttv, so you can use smarttv, but really you only can use nettv..
Dont expect to see any changes in your 2010 tv.

There must be some confusion there.
I expect to see the new screen layout on my 2010 TV (37PFL7605H/12):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/philips_newscenter/6096098480/in/set-72157627428121983/

Btw, it looks fantastic and the colour keys on the remote are put to use, it seems much simpler than before.

Erikrijnders
09-30-2011, 01:46 PM
This is the best example of "loss os customer fidelity".
Year by year the "1 year" previous models cannot be updated.
One Example:
2010 models: with NET TV and WITHOUT wireless keyboard
2011 models: with NET TV and WITH wireless keyboard + USB recording.

No retrofit kits, no upgrade planned, nothing. It's a shame.

Normally the TV is not purchased every year in the families, I don't know in the Netherlands, maybe there they're given for free. :mad:
Congratulations. Philips

I totally agree. An EXPENSIVE tv is bought for the long term use (minimum is 10 years). Philips must put their act together and make sure the 2010-models get new features aswell!!

Nettle
09-30-2011, 02:01 PM
I totally agree. An EXPENSIVE tv is bought for the long term use (minimum is 10 years). Philips must put their act together and make sure the 2010-models get new features aswell!!

What is sure is that my next TV purchase (and suggestions for potential other TV customers) will not be Philips oriented.

I've met several hotels here in Italy (all over Europe too) with the Philips TV in the room + wireless Philips keyboard (with a little navigation trackball top right of the keyboard) to interact in the Web (for sure since year 2009).

And the 2010 TV purchasers don't deserve it for "technical reasons"?

It's a shame! Nothing else!

This is the reality

carlosfm
09-30-2011, 10:29 PM
What technical reasons?!
Philips, it's Linux, just add the damn keyboard and mouse drivers!

Nettle
10-01-2011, 09:03 AM
What technical reasons?!
Philips, it's Linux, just add the damn keyboard and mouse drivers!

That is what I'm claiming since months!

Maybe Philips is sure that the 2009-10 Philips TV purchasers (7000, 8000, 9000)
will run to the shop invest another 1000 Euro to buy immediately the 2011 models.

I'll run, not now but, if the purchase will be necessary in the future, the choicce will be for a competitor TV model.

Now is Philips that should invest time, not in R&D solution, but in Customer fidelity management.

Nettle
10-01-2011, 09:25 AM
Regarding the wireless keyboard, please Philips, look at this Philips solution (article of Sept. 2010):

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/5896/lecroyallegato104.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/851/lecroyallegato104.jpg/)

----------------
please read the article:

http://www.appmarket.tv/opinion/571-philips-unveils-dual-a-unique-twofold-keyboard-and-remote-for-net-tv.html

taken from the article:

"Research confirms that almost 75% of the TV viewers would like the opportunity to interact with TV programs, advertising and online contents using the remote control. In addition, social networking at local TV stations has gained considerable significance over the past year, as broadcasters integrate this feature into their online presence and storytelling.

Traditional on-screen user interface and remote controls are not designed or adequate to handle these features and thus a new approach is required. And while service providers are investing in new on-screen user interfaces, these can only offer a fulfilling user experience when combined with intuitive wireless input & control devices.
With its new keyboard remote, Philips Home Control provides the perfect solution and shows that sophistication and innovation can go hand in hand.
"

This was written more Sept. 2010 (I've purchased my 8605 in December 2010) and nothing......nothing from us as wireless keyboard capability.

We don't want the exact model attached but a simple wireless keyboard to take advantage from the NET TV availabilty.
Are we asking for the moon !?!?!?!

The wireless keyboard feature is reserved only for the "dummies that will purchase our future TV models".

Sorry to say but this is what Philips is demonstrating.

exitido
10-01-2011, 10:46 PM
Recently i sell my 7605 40" for 500€ to my neighbour, and i going to use these 500€(and another 01000€ more) to buy a good tv from sansung.
Bye bye forum, bye bye philips.

Nettle
10-02-2011, 08:25 AM
Dear Exitido,

do you want a good news? The article's link doesn't work anymore!!!!!

It's disappeared. Yesterday morning yes, after my claim....disappeared this morning.

What a incredible mistery !?!?! What a coincidence !!!!!

Ah ah ah!

xMen
10-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Philips Home Control Dual Released January, 2010. See link:

http://www.productwiki.com/philips-home-control-dual/

carlosfm
10-02-2011, 03:52 PM
Philips, just load the keyboard and mouse drivers on the linux system, in the next firmware release.
I don't think it's that hard...
No need to support all the idioms, English/US QWERTY is ok!

Nettle
10-02-2011, 07:35 PM
Dear Philips,

please take care of this requests: wireless keyboard for the 2010 TV models !!!!!

Not necessary that model but even a generic wireless qwerty one!

WE NEED IT !!!!!!!

Freddy
11-03-2011, 10:20 AM
Any updates on this?... :)

Nettle
11-03-2011, 11:03 AM
Any updates on this???????

regards

Philips - Mark
11-03-2011, 01:12 PM
For all internet connected TV models we offer universal Smartphone and Tablet Apps, it offers keypad/keyboard functionality via the Wifi network. We keep upgrading and expanding this functionality for Android & Apple. See this (http://goo.gl/e76Qn) post.

The USB keyboard is specified for the 2011 range (= xxPFLxxx6x/xx) and beyond.

The remote control with pointer & keyboard mentioned on this (http://goo.gl/e76Qn) post is under development for future products (2012 and beyond).

We are a company doing lots of research & development.
As a consequence next year’s products will be better than today’s products.
In the complexity of internet connected TV’s we make things better by improving the ease of use with more simplicity. That makes sense!

Nettle
11-03-2011, 01:29 PM
Dear Mark,

we konw it very well since months!

Unfortunately not every Philips TV user has got an Android and/or a Apple smartphone (I've got a BBerry 4 example).

Should I purchase a smartphone to use it as remote control/keyboard for my TV because you don't want to laod a USB wireless keyboard driver?????

THAT IS NO SENSE!

I'll remember it for the next No-Philips TV purchase.

smart
11-03-2011, 01:37 PM
I do not share those requests. I do not want to have another PC in the living room with having the monitor at the other end of the room as the only difference from PCs as they were build the last decades.

Why a pointer? I do not think, that having a mouse style pointer and using the web like having a PC connected to the TV is the future of internet connected TV. TV is moreless a multiperson device with less heavy interaction. When you are in front of the TV with others, they might get bored when you are doing such heavy interaction like writing mails, chatting, playing games ...

There are ways to connect a small PC to your TV. Just take this: http://www.apple.com/macmini/
It supports a large range of software/full web/keyboard/mouse/flash.

I think that the UI should be kept more simple. One should be able to sue everything with an easy control interface like up/down, left/right and ok-button. Maybe a few more. But no full keyboard.
If I want to write long text documents, mails, etc, I will use a PC not a TV. If I'm sitting in front of the TV with a keyboard, I can also take a notebook. Then I have the screen directly in front of me, too ...

smart
11-03-2011, 01:39 PM
@Nettle: Why don't you request a MyRemote app for blackberry. I think this is much better for interaction as such ugly large keyboards ...

I think support of Blackberry, Windows Mobile and even more platforms for MyRemote is much better. Using the lightweight smartphone to interact in the living room is more practical from my point of view...

Nettle
11-03-2011, 01:42 PM
@Nettle: Why don't you request a MyRemote app for blackberry. I think this is much better for interaction as such ugly large keyboards ...

I think support of Blackberry, Windows Mobile and even more platforms for MyRemote is much better. Using the lightweight smartphone to interact in the living room is more practical from my point of view...

Dear Smart,
we're asking for BBerry MyRemote support since months on this forum (several PHilips forumers have got it) have you seen any answer from Philips on this topic????? :mad:

Toengel
11-03-2011, 01:44 PM
Hi,

I agree, that we need MyRemote for Windows Phone 7 and other platforms...

Toengel@Alex

smart
11-03-2011, 01:50 PM
Sorry, I have not seen those requests. It is impossible for me to have a complete overview ...

But I can understand that it would be really good to have that also on blackberry. I like to use the MyRemote, it can help to enter URL or search string. But I think the SMS style on the numbers is also good.

Maybe the support of the user when typing URLs might be supported in a better way:
Typing an h as first letter opens a list and first entry is: http://, second: https://, third is: http://www., if you enter an w, the list of urls could be opened and suggest www. as first entry.

Or even the most used urls, also from all NetTV users could be suggested by typing. T9 would be also helpful. And there are more ways to simplify the user interaction in a smart way. Tying less and having more completion...

Toengel
11-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Hi,

@xMen

can you every post something that helps others? I only read bashing posts from you... You buy a TV with the feature which were offered/advertised at the day when you bought your TV. Live with that! That is the real world. Of course you can hope and sometimes you get new features. But that is not the normal case.

The MyRemote App is a great enhancement that wasn't available at the beginning. So it's a big improvement. But as I already said, I agree with Nettle to support more devices (WP7, BB).

Toengel@Alex

Nettle
11-03-2011, 01:59 PM
Sorry, I have not seen those requests. It is impossible for me to have a complete overview ...

Try to take a look to the MyRemote announcement's post on this forum: several forumers were asking for a eventual planned MyRemote BlackBerry app (or type "Blackberry" in the Search engine of this forum).

No answers on this topic from Philips till now. :mad:

regards

exitido
11-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Philips saids that all nettv tvs from 2010 will have smarttv in 2011, loooooolool!.
Dear philips, dedicate to sell lamps and let that samsung make tvs, thanks.

Chrissie18
11-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Maybe you spent so much money, because Philips has to do Research & Development to try to improve Watching pleasure.
Maybe you pay so much money, because of high-tech algorithms to improve the quality and to try to overcome the downside of the LCD technology.
Maybe you pay so much money because of the quality of the LCD panels,
Maybe you pay so much money, because the (in my case) no-questions-asked support.
Etc, etc.
Maybe HID doesn't work on the 2010 models, because we're dealing with DEDICATED hardware with 'limited' processing power, which needs to be spent on picture/sound quality and the TV is no generic Intel Atom processor.

Have you guys ever thought about this? And that this forum is only here for little more than one year and that Philips didn't have to do this?
It could also just say: hey, you've got problems? Call our tech support! Bye, bye...

Maybe even the moderators do this as an extra next to their normal working assignments..
Have you seen the amount of postings in this forum? Do you read them all?!

Maybe you should have done more research yourself on you TV before you spent so much money...
Or sell your Philips and then buy a Samsung and stop whining. Don't take the easy way out and bash everything here, act!

That's al lot of questions, eh?

Regards,
Chris

carlosfm
11-04-2011, 12:16 AM
Maybe HID doesn't work on the 2010 models, because we're dealing with DEDICATED hardware with 'limited' processing power, which needs to be spent on picture/sound quality and the TV is no generic Intel Atom processor.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I would expect a QuadCore CPU on a 4200€ TV.
Now, jokes aside, Philips uses the same CPU from the base models at 500€ (2D, 50Hz) to the top of the range 4000€+ (3D, 200Hz?).
Strange, isn't it?
The Ferrari has the same engine as the 2CV.

I expected that the processing power on a top of the range TV would be more than enough to decode all the (free) audio codecs, to handle a simple keyboard and mouse (heck, even an old IBM PC XT did that, with an 8088 CPU at 4.77Mhz) and play 3D HD movies, all at once.
Oh, and an internet browser with Flash or HTML5/WebM.
Stop complaining about the processing power!
This is not a chinese calculator!

But hey, who buys these TVs knew in advance what they do.
Or probably not, but then you must look and think very carefully before spending a LOT of money.
For me, the virtue is in the middle, that's why I went to the 7000 series.
I don't like 3D, and I didn't want to spend any more money in something I don't like and a technology that is very in the begining, doesn't convince me at all.

DerShortyy
11-04-2011, 07:33 AM
In my opinion there should be purchasable "upgrade kits" which expands features which are not available for "older" devices at the moment. For example: When you buy a car and thereīs a feature not included you can implement it easily (speed control; bluetooth handsfree... etc. ) You donīt buy a new car just to get these feature and thatīs the way how it should work with Television too especially regarding the "premium" 9000 TVīs sets.

Philips - Thomas
11-04-2011, 12:27 PM
Hi

as you have noticed by now, i had to clean up a bit.
This Thread is about the Philips Smart TV feature. Not a general Discussion.
The User xMen has got a temporarily Ban as we can and will not accept this kind of violations against the Forum Rules and this kind off offensive acting.
It is up to Mark if this Thread will remain open or not.

This is for all Users, lets get the Focus back to the Topics.

Regards
Thomas

Toengel
11-06-2011, 08:42 AM
Hi,

I found a video where on can see the new Smart TV Portal (Net TV Portal) in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-99-CjQ_PGo&feature=related

Toengel@Alex

Chrissie18
11-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Hi,

I found a video where on can see the new Smart TV Portal (Net TV Portal) in action:

(...)

Toengel@Alex

I can see (at the end) the colour buttons can be used to remove, move, lock and do something else with the selected item.
Much quicker then the options button and then select the option.
Maybe re-use this in other parts where there is the need for moving items?

Chris

smith
11-06-2011, 11:24 AM
Can someone from Philips confirm if and when we will receive the Smart TV updates for the UK. I have 21:9 cinema gold and the improvements to the service will be good including access to BBC iplayer etc.

Erikrijnders
11-07-2011, 07:18 PM
When will the 2010-model get the Smart-TV-update???

Nice commercials, but als customers we donot het what Philips says in the commercials!

exitido
11-10-2011, 07:51 PM
When will the 2010-model get the Smart-TV-update???

Nice commercials, but als customers we donot het what Philips says in the commercials!

Philips says that all tvs with nettv will be upgraded in 2011, looooooool.
If you want smarttv you need a samsung tv, samsung has upgrade all tvs from the 2010 a lot of months ago.

Toengel
11-11-2011, 06:40 AM
Hi,

2011 has almost 2 months to go ^^

Toengel@Alex

Nettle
11-11-2011, 11:55 AM
7 weeks, not so much.

regards

Adamo
11-11-2011, 09:58 PM
Hi,

I'd like to know more about the new Philips SmartTV Portal.

For eg. I've found two different versions.

1st one:
Here is a picture

Here is a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-99-CjQ_PGo

Here is Philips press release
http://www.ifa.philips.com/pressreleases/Philips_Smart_TV/

2nd one:
Here is a picture

In this picture [see yellow circles], there is also the ability to choose settings of the tv (like the option inside the home menu). And beetwen the apps, you can find also the external sources (setupbox, bluray player, etc.).

Here is a video (from IFA 2011)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Je_w1zPO9-s

The person that you see into this video is Robert Smiths (CEO Philips Television)

So, what is the real new Philips SmartTV?

I really hope that will be the most complete one.

Regards,
Adamo

smart
11-12-2011, 08:50 AM
I think, it will be the first version. SmartTV will replace the NetTV Screen, you can reach with selecting NetTV from the Home menu. I think, it was mentioned somewhere, but could not find the exact source.

Regarding the timeframe of the update, I think there was an update of NetTV on december 1st 2010. So it might come beginning of december or end of november. But this is just speculation...

Corneel
11-14-2011, 11:21 AM
About FLASH in TV's; read this (http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2011/11/10/adobe-pulls-flash-from-tv-environment/)

smart
11-14-2011, 02:33 PM
About FLASH in TV's; read this (http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2011/11/10/adobe-pulls-flash-from-tv-environment/)

Thanks for that link! Really interesting...

matthias
11-28-2011, 09:24 AM
On the other hand, the new youtube leanback app is actually an SWF with at least some interactive features - not a HTML page.

This would explain the lags in interactiveness and the missing way to use multi-key input (which unfortunately makes input to this youtube app unusable) in the search field, but on the other hand shows that and least a minimum SWF implementation is available on the 2011 TV series.

I'm not sure, but my guess is that this has to do with 3D support - it seems 3D on TV is only supported through SWF, as the "regular" Opera HTML resolution seems to be limited to 1280x720

I'm wondering if this can be exploited to support flash games on the TV - that would be cool :-)
It looks the main problem is not with flash itself, but with the "calling" page and that it just doesn't recogonize the Philips TV Flash player.

stefanox
12-05-2011, 02:39 AM
@ Philips.

is there any release date for the smart tv portal for the 46PFL9706??

stefanox
12-07-2011, 05:05 PM
@philips,

can you give a short answer on my last question pls?

Nettle
12-08-2011, 09:00 AM
...still waiting......

smart
12-08-2011, 10:41 AM
As long as I'm active in this forum, Philips always followed the policy to not announce any dates. And mostly they do not make any promises regarding fixes or changes.

Their reason was always, that they do not want to disappoint, if they can not hold a date or can not deliver expected results within expected quality range.

So, you can find that good or bad, that's the way they want to communicate.

I think, they are planning with tough schedules and want to release as early as possible with fulfilling a quality level. On the other hand, one has to insert margins and buffers into the project plans to guarantee a date, which will lead to longer release cycles. So they do not give dates and hope to release early.

exitido
12-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Sorry but no...
Philips says a lot of time, that smarttv is for this year 2011.

smart
12-09-2011, 05:58 AM
Philips says a lot of time, that smarttv is for this year 2011.

Oh, I might have missed that. Could you please post at least one link?

Toengel
12-09-2011, 06:36 AM
Hi,

the new Smart TV Portal will be released "when it's done"...

And in my personal opinion - I'd rather have a bug-less portal than a portal that does not work correctly...

Toengel@Alex

Chrissie18
12-09-2011, 06:50 AM
It isn't part of the new firmware release (44)?
Actually I cannot test that myself as now they've collected my TV again...

Chris

Toengel
12-09-2011, 06:56 AM
Hi,

since it is the new Net TV portal I THINK that the new Smart TV portal is only a "new web page" which is displayed, when you hit the Net TV entry in the home menu...

Toengel@Alex

exitido
12-09-2011, 09:06 AM
links? read the first page.

posted in february:

"in the comings months" and not in the comings years.

smart
12-09-2011, 11:29 AM
links? read the first page.

posted in february:
"in the comings months" and not in the comings years.

@exitido: I have read the first page of this thread. You mean that one: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2340-Smart-TV&p=11590&viewfull=1#post11590 ?

It was not posted in February, it was posted on September, 2nd 2011. So coming months might be also November, December, January or even some more. I think, if they meant September/October time frame, they would have been written coming weeks.

So, to be fair, after 3 months of the announcement, we are not far off.

But I'm also excited and would like to try it out ...

Philips - Mark
12-09-2011, 11:56 AM
Sorry for being silent on the Smart portal subject, but there was not much to say, as Alex already stated; “it goes live when its ready” .
Building this new Smart portal takes more time than we initially expected. This has to with the fact that it affects the total installed base, from 2009 until 2011, TV's & Blu-ray players and especially the future range of products.
This new portal is built to expand in line with the capabilities of your device.
We have many ideas (and preparations) on all kind of new functionality to be implemented in time.
Let me tell you that we made good progress and are in the finalizing phase of the first release of the Smart TV portal.

kookaburra
12-27-2011, 08:25 AM
Sorry for being silent on the Smart portal subject, but there was not much to say, as Alex already stated; “it goes live when its ready” .
Building this new Smart portal takes more time than we initially expected. This has to with the fact that it affects the total installed base, from 2009 until 2011, TV's & Blu-ray players and especially the future range of products.
This new portal is built to expand in line with the capabilities of your device.
We have many ideas (and preparations) on all kind of new functionality to be implemented in time.
Let me tell you that we made good progress and are in the finalizing phase of the first release of the Smart TV portal.

Any date for the new interface?

exitido
12-30-2011, 08:00 PM
Any date for the new interface?

never?

You only have to see that spanish hbbtv dont support philips tv by the negligence of philips updating their products

Nettle
12-30-2011, 10:03 PM

We wait for real good news in the early incoming 2012!

Regards

smart
01-12-2012, 10:27 AM

Hi Mark,

I would appreciate, if you or Philips in general could setup something like a mailing list or RSS Feed or similar to get interested people updated.
Maybe this would be also a more general request, but for the latest updates regarding SmartTV, I'm polling the forum. It would be much more comfortable to get a mail, when you have an update or there is any news ...

smart
01-12-2012, 10:29 AM
Regarding SmartTV, since you are in the finalizing phase, can you give a glimpse regarding the new features possibilities?

Philips - Mark
01-12-2012, 11:08 AM
Dear Smart,

I will make an introduction.

Regards,
Mark.

Philips - Mark
01-12-2012, 11:11 AM
Hi Mark,

I would appreciate, if you or Philips in general could setup something like a mailing list or RSS Feed or similar to get interested people updated.
Maybe this would be also a more general request, but for the latest updates regarding SmartTV, I'm polling the forum. It would be much more comfortable to get a mail, when you have an update or there is any news ...

Hi Smart,

You can place RSS feeds in this forum for the topics you like.
I recommend to do so for News and New Apps.

Regards,
Mark.

smart
01-12-2012, 02:13 PM
Oh, I see. That's fine!

tibo_89
01-23-2012, 06:03 PM
Hello Mark,
gives there anything newīs about the update from Smart Tv?

Thanks, Tibo

exitido
01-31-2012, 08:29 PM
Hi, i already download the "app" smarttv coming soon from nettv.
I see that is only a image but i see a app in these image called Wuakitv.

Wuakitv is a video on demand only avaible for reals smarttv.like samsung or newest philips tvs from 2011 and its not avaible in the nettv.

With this update to smarttv, i will can use wuakitv in my tv from 2010?

Thanks

Toengel
01-31-2012, 09:01 PM
Hi,

wuakitv is only available for 2011 TVs (and newer). See New Net TV App section.

Toengel@Alex

exitido
01-31-2012, 09:58 PM
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Philips admin
02-07-2012, 08:57 AM
This thread is closed. Please look/post here (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?4312-New-quot-Smart-TV-quot-user-interface) for any issues with the new Net TV (Smart TV) portal.