PDA

View Full Version : Device discovery time

smart
09-05-2011, 12:11 PM
Hello,

as also stated here: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2360-Release-notes-quot-MyRemote-quot-app-for-Android., the remote app needs some time to discover all the devices. It really reduces usability to wait until the devices are discovered. I like using the smartphone remote, it is really powerful and usable from all other points of view.

I would suggest to save the network configuration and try to connect to saved setup when starting up. Only on user request device search should be done.

I do not change the devices in my home network very often, but I want to use the remote very often. So normally it should start up very quickly and in most cases all devices are the same. Devices at home change rarely. In case I have a new device, I can start device recognition manually to search for new devices.

Would be great, if you can improve the app to start faster!

If you think the same, please post here in this thread to show the need for faster start up!

pistoiaa
09-05-2011, 02:43 PM
If you think the same, please post here in this thread to show the need for faster start up!

I agree!

Mikethenovice
09-28-2011, 08:58 PM
I agree. The slow discovery really destroys the usefulness of the app. If it could remember the devices and then automatically try to reconnect before searching

Finestever
02-26-2013, 09:49 PM
Is Philips support still alive? How about a solution to this annoying and still persisting problem?