PDA

View Full Version : Your experiences with FW v0.140.40.0 for 5xx5, 6xx5, and 7xx5 series (2010 models)

Toengel
09-05-2011, 01:16 PM
Hi,

please share your experiences with this new SW version here in this topic. Channeling your input will make it easier for users to search and find relevant info.

Discuss here all your experiences when upgraded to the new version (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?730-Software-overview-for-5000-6000-and-7000-series-(2010-models)): new, old, positive, negative...

Toengel@Alex

Toengel
09-05-2011, 01:17 PM
Hi,

Q5551_0.140.40.0

“Philips server not found” error message appears onscreen when you access
Net TV. (Only applicable to Net TV models)

For instance, you can download the new release for 46PFL7605H/12...

Update: since the 5000 series does not have Net TV, the update is not necessary and I think will not be released... ;-)

Toengel@Alex

Aleks
09-05-2011, 04:15 PM
Hi. Please inform, when will leave FW 0.140.40 for 5605 H/12?

Toengel
09-05-2011, 04:17 PM
Hi,

for instance the 40PFL5605k/02 has already the new firmware...

But, does you H-model has Net TV?

Toengel@Alex

Quaster80
09-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Error message when you unzip:
compression rate is not supported
What is the Problem?

a_Tom
09-05-2011, 04:39 PM
which link exactly?

Aleks
09-05-2011, 04:48 PM
In my TV 32 PFL 5605 H/12 NET TV net.Ya wanted to know when to wait for the new FW for my TV?

Quaster80
09-05-2011, 04:52 PM
I can not copy the file on a USB- Stick.
7- Zip says that the compression rate is not supported.
This is the Download- Link:
http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?slg=de&scy=de&ctn=37PFL7605H/12

Toengel
09-05-2011, 04:56 PM
Hi,

I had some similar problems with 7-Zip - try to use the Windows built-in ZIP function...

Toengel@Alex

Toengel
09-05-2011, 04:57 PM
In my TV 32 PFL 5605 H/12 NET TV net.Ya wanted to know when to wait for the new FW for my TV?

Hi,

so your TV does NOT have Net TV? Then you don't need 140.40 cause it only addresses a Net TV issue...

Toengel@Alex

a_Tom
09-05-2011, 05:04 PM
he knows that....

@aleks so far it seems that the 040 software will not be released for the 32" and smaler TVs because, this update is only for net tv. philips does not say anything about when a new update will be available for the no-nettv sets...
so at this moment, no infos.

a_Tom
09-05-2011, 05:06 PM
I can not copy the file on a USB- Stick.
7- Zip says that the compression rate is not supported.
This is the Download- Link:
http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?slg=de&scy=de&ctn=37PFL7605H/12

try winzip, winrar or the windows build in option, with those 3 options it works

Quaster80
09-05-2011, 05:10 PM
No Problems...
I have install the new version.
Thanks for all your help

hopelesshc
09-06-2011, 07:58 AM
Hello everyone:

It's been a while since my last message thanks to firmware updates, which solved the main viewing problems we had in Spain. :D

But there is an audio problem that still persists and I would like to know if it happens to someone else. When I switch from one hd-tv channel (A) to another (B) sometimes I lose sound. To get back sound I have to switch channel for a third time (A for example, or C) and then switch back to the channel I really wanted (B). It does not happen always, but in the last few months I have seen that it happens more times.

I do not know if this problem is related with the audio lost switching between hdmi inputs (which rarely happens to me). Maybe it's not serious, but it's a bit annoying.

Could Philips have it in mind for future firmware updates? Other users with this problem (in Spain?)?

Thanks everyone and Philips admins for your help,
kind regards

pad0nok
09-06-2011, 10:31 AM
Hi! Maybe somebody have FW v0.140.29.0 for 5xx5, 6xx5. It seems better all of the time. Please, give link. Thank you!

Toengel
09-06-2011, 11:08 AM
Hi,

old firmware files arn't official available from Philips...

Toengel@Alex

pad0nok
09-06-2011, 11:12 AM
I'm understand. but for example I have 32,36,37 versions arhives, I think it possible that someone have 29 version

Paladium
09-06-2011, 07:12 PM
@Hopelesshc : can confirm your observations. This behavior was present in earlier verslons. Not sure in which FW version it was corrected, but in FW140.39 it was.

f14driver
09-07-2011, 07:57 AM
I still have sounddrops when an electrical device switches on my power network ( for example a timer switches, sound drops for 10 seconds and then returns)

smart
09-07-2011, 09:03 AM
I experience, that sometimes there is no sound when playing videos via DLNA over network. Then I stop the video and play again. Then it plays the sound. But I can't really give a clear setup to force this error. This is since I have this TV through all firmwares.

Javiyoyo
09-07-2011, 01:50 PM
Hi everybody,

Yesterday I apply the aupgrade to my 40PFL7605H/12 and now I have a problem when playing AVI files from USB. When avi files are playing for 20 or 30 minutes, they start to loose synchronization between audio and video. Then I have to pause/rewind the movie to get synchronized again.

Is anyone here with the same problem?

theflyer1972
09-07-2011, 02:00 PM
yes i had this problem but with FW .39
and somtimes the movie stop at all ...and the TV stop to response

K_K
09-08-2011, 11:37 AM
While trying to unzip the latest Polish version of software file 32pfl7665h_12_fus_pol.zip, (Q5551_0.140.40.0 Polish) I persistently get WinRAR warning that this archive file is damaged. I re-downloaded it again, only to get the same error message. I won't risk installing potentially corrupted software. Please fix the published file.

Philips - Thomas
09-08-2011, 11:41 AM
Hi

We have heard that Users with 7zip or Winrar does get error Messages.
I can only say that with WinZip and/or the Windows Build in Option it works without any Errors.
However, we are looking where those Errors are coming from.

But even if there are no Errors, we strongly recommend to use the Tools designed for the used Forma to extract the Files which are WinZip or the Windows Build in Option.

Regards
Thomas

Philips - Thomas
09-09-2011, 09:03 AM
UPDATE

Hi Guys

The Issue has been solved, you should be able to open the Firmware Files also with 7Zip and Winrar etc.

Regards
Thomas

Herrminator
09-11-2011, 06:15 AM
Yesterday I apply the aupgrade to my 40PFL7605H/12 and now I have a problem when playing AVI files from USB. When avi files are playing for 20 or 30 minutes, they start to loose synchronization between audio and video. Then I have to pause/rewind the movie to get synchronized again.

Is anyone here with the same problem?

I've got this problem on my 32PFL5405H/12 since i bought it (that time still with firmware in the 0.70s).

Niels
09-12-2011, 08:26 AM
Yesterday I installed 140.040 on my 32PFL7605C/12 with NET TV and IP-EPG
I hoped for a significant performance increase of the IP EPG.
I have been using IP EPG now for a year and the last months it has become unacceptable slow
I did not see the significant improvement I hoped for, unfortunately.
Lets give it a week to get some more experience with it.

hopelesshc
09-12-2011, 09:49 AM
@Hopelesshc : can confirm your observations. This behavior was present in earlier verslons. Not sure in which FW version it was corrected, but in FW140.39 it was.

Thanks for your answer Paladium. Were you affected by this problem? Anyone can confirm that this lose of sound is solved? I have the latest update and when I switch channel many times I stille get one lose (none if I am lucky).

Thanks everyone,
bye

veerh01
09-12-2011, 02:03 PM
WinZip or the Windows Build in Option.Another nice freeware ziptool is izarc (http://www.izarc.org/).

Niels
09-13-2011, 02:23 PM
I have been using 140.040 now for two days and I can confirm that the IP EPG speed has increased significantly to acceptable levels !

beenstra2006
09-14-2011, 10:55 AM
New software 140.40 solved the problem (connection failure to the server). NetTV works fine again. Thank you Philips. Good work.

banjeep
09-16-2011, 12:21 PM
New software 140.40 solved the problem (connection failure to the server). NetTV works fine again. Thank you Philips. Good work.

I not solved the problem connection nettv:mad:

Toengel
09-16-2011, 12:52 PM
Hi,

try to clear your Net TV memory and shut down the TV completely (hard off) for 2-3 minutes...

And please re-check your settings for LAN/WLAN

Toengel@Alex

Chrissie18
09-19-2011, 07:58 AM
And don't forget to wait 1 or 2 minutes after turning on the TV before swithing to NetTV.
IT is still initializing during that period...

skizo
09-22-2011, 11:26 AM
Hello,

I have a strange problem with my PFL7655H with firmware 000.140.040.000.

My PS3 is connected to the AV receiver (Yamaha RX-V667) wich is connected to my television, both by HDMI. I can hear the sound of the PS3 perfectly on the TV with the receiver off. If I turn the receiver on, the TV silences its own speakers since it has Easylink enabled and I can hear the sound perfectly from the receiver speakers. So far so good..

Unfortunatly, when I turn the receiver off, the tv enables its own speakers but there's no sound or the sound is very low and completly distorted. The only way things get back to normal is turning the TV OFF and ON again.

I've noticed this same behaviour with another console (Xbox 360) and with my IPTV provider box, also attached to the AV receiver by HDMI.
Since the problem is fixed turning the TV OFF and ON again, I suspect the problem is on the PHILIPS side..

Anyone with a similar problem?
Local PHILIPS support doesn't have a clue..

Kind regards,
Rui

edit: another post/same problem
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2353-Audio-problem-when-switching-on-HDMI-interfaces

Niels
09-22-2011, 06:25 PM
I have been using 140.040 now for two days and I can confirm that the IP EPG speed has increased significantly to acceptable levels !

Unfortunately today the IP-EPG did not show up after selecting it and also Net TV was very slow.
I decided to clean the NET-TV memory, but that made everything even worse. Now I have no EPG and no NET-TV. When I select it, it displays the general conditions, when I select to continue, the conditions keep scrolling on the screen for minutes and after that: ... NOTHING !
Restarting the TV and shutting it down for minutes did not make a difference. Please HELP !

shankly1985
09-22-2011, 06:54 PM
Sorry to tell you this but where all having theses sound drop outs, PHILIPS sucks big time. Had this TV over 7 months and there still trying to fix this with updates. this will be last philips product I ever buy.

Hello,

I have a strange problem with my PFL7655H with firmware 000.140.040.000.

My PS3 is connected to the AV receiver (Yamaha RX-V667) wich is connected to my television, both by HDMI. I can hear the sound of the PS3 perfectly on the TV with the receiver off. If I turn the receiver on, the TV silences its own speakers since it has Easylink enabled and I can hear the sound perfectly from the receiver speakers. So far so good..

Unfortunatly, when I turn the receiver off, the tv enables its own speakers but there's no sound or the sound is very low and completly distorted. The only way things get back to normal is turning the TV OFF and ON again.

I've noticed this same behaviour with another console (Xbox 360) and with my IPTV provider box, also attached to the AV receiver by HDMI.
Since the problem is fixed turning the TV OFF and ON again, I suspect the problem is on the PHILIPS side..

Anyone with a similar problem?
Local PHILIPS support doesn't have a clue..

Kind regards,
Rui

edit: another post/same problem
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2353-Audio-problem-when-switching-on-HDMI-interfaces

gledalec
09-29-2011, 01:33 PM
Hello,
new software 140.40 solved the problem on my PFL7605H/12 (connection failure to the server). NetTV works fine again. Thank you Philips.

Well done.

eringard
09-29-2011, 02:33 PM
40PFL5605 always the same sound off problem when switching HDMI

Niels
10-02-2011, 11:49 AM
Hello,

Just wanted to update you all on my problem I described below.
After contact with the servicedesk Philips decided to send someone to me to fix the problem.
Although it looked like a SW problem (there was contact with the Philips server, but the TV did not continue to the 'registration' page or NetTV page), it was solved by replacing the main board.

I used the TV now for only one day after the replacement, but I noticed already 3 times that the TV did something like an 'automatic reset' (screen went black for 1 second). After this reset it also takes again about 2 minutes before I can use Net-TV or the IP-EPG.
I called Philips again, since I do not trust this situation. I will keep you updated.

Kind regards,
Niels

Unfortunately today the IP-EPG did not show up after selecting it and also Net TV was very slow.
I decided to clean the NET-TV memory, but that made everything even worse. Now I have no EPG and no NET-TV. When I select it, it displays the general conditions, when I select to continue, the conditions keep scrolling on the screen for minutes and after that: ... NOTHING !
Restarting the TV and shutting it down for minutes did not make a difference. Please HELP !

BaYRoLeX
10-05-2011, 01:00 PM
This version still didn't solve the audio drop problem through HDMI on my 42PFL7695H/12

Aleks
10-10-2011, 07:08 PM
Hi.Whether will be new FW for TVs of 5-7 versions 2010? Or we are forgotten?

Toengel
10-10-2011, 07:26 PM
Hi,

firmware 140.40 was already released for 5000 (Net TV models) to 7000 models...

Toengel@Alex

Aleks
10-11-2011, 04:47 AM
For the TV version 5-6 in 2010 (without NET TV) latest FW 000.140.039 (27.07.2011.)Uzhe of 2 months there is no support!!!

Toengel
10-11-2011, 06:58 AM
Hi,

version 140.40 only fixes a Net TV problem... so, also nothing new with the other 2010 TVs...

Toengel@Alex

wehefritz
10-12-2011, 08:08 AM
Hello forum,

since the 39 & 40 Firmware, I have a serious bug with my 42pfl7685k and the w921v speedport router.

When the TV is connected to the router either wlan (stick) or ethernet, the TV goes during watching TV for one or two seconds black. If I use the HTS5560 DVD player, the TV goes black and jumpes to TV.

If I use Net TV or AVI Videos the same as watching DVD.

For now I use the workarround. I completly disconnect the TV from network and only use an USB stick for watching avi files.

Seems to be a serious firmware bug. I have talked to the german Philips hotline and two different agents give me the same information, that they have many calls with the blackscreen or switching since the new firmware versions.

Seems to me, that the TV resets internal.

kind regards,
Dirk

theflyer1972
10-13-2011, 10:46 AM
hi,is this last update for 2010 models ?

heatseeker
10-27-2011, 01:49 PM
please add a few names for hdmi-devices in the next firmware.
For example: iTV decoder, iTV HDD recorder

Now I have my iTV HDD recorder on a silly name

helloitsme
10-28-2011, 08:49 AM
please add a few names for hdmi-devices in the next firmware.
For example: iTV decoder, iTV HDD recorder

Now I have my iTV HDD recorder on a silly name

You can assign your own name to a HDMI device. Select it in the home menu and press down on the outer ring.

wehefritz
10-30-2011, 10:25 AM
Now the technical has changed the mainboard from the Tv.
Problem still exists. In my opinion, it has something to to with the Net Tv Crash Thread.

Kind regards,
Dirk

Hello forum,

since the 39 & 40 Firmware, I have a serious bug with my 42pfl7685k and the w921v speedport router.

When the TV is connected to the router either wlan (stick) or ethernet, the TV goes during watching TV for one or two seconds black. If I use the HTS5560 DVD player, the TV goes black and jumpes to TV.

For now I use the workarround. I completly disconnect the TV from network and only use an USB stick for watching avi files.

Seems to be a serious firmware bug. I have talked to the german Philips hotline and two different agents give me the same information, that they have many calls with the blackscreen or switching since the new firmware versions.

kind regards,
Dirk

heatseeker
10-30-2011, 03:24 PM
You can assign your own name to a HDMI device. Select it in the home menu and press down on the outer ring.

thank you helloitsme. I changed the names.

Niels
11-01-2011, 07:02 PM
Hello forum,

kind regards,
Dirk

This looks a lot like the problem I am experiencing. A month ago my main board was replaced due to non-working NetTV. In the first week I noticed some 'automatic resets' (TV goes black for 2 seconds, then continues). After two weeks without problems, tonight the TV is resetting a 10 times per hour !!
I removed the USB dongle and scart connected HD recorder, so only main power and antenna cable are connected, but the TV keeps crashing.
Tomorrow I am going to call Philips ...

Kind regards,
Niels Geerts

Niels
11-03-2011, 07:03 AM
By the way, I did not yet call Philips, since as sudden as the problem was present last week, it disappeared also after the TV was down for a longer period of time.

wehefritz
11-05-2011, 12:49 PM
Luckily after month, I solved the problem. The problem is the Speedport W921V.

This router has some problems with bonjour & aftp, so I decided to analyse the network traffic. The router tries to recognize the TV and analyze the DNLA features. This also happens, if the media server is disabled in the router.

The DNLA test seuqennce crashes the Philips TV and the TV reboots. Maybe this is also the problem, some of you have with the NET TV reboots.

Now I changed the router with a Fritz Box 7390 and everything is ok.

Kind regards,
Dirk

Niels
11-11-2011, 09:37 AM

This router has some problems with bonjour & aftp, so I decided to analyse the network traffic. The router tries to recognize the TV and analyze the DNLA features. This also happens, if the media server is disabled in the router.

The DNLA test seuqennce crashes the Philips TV and the TV reboots. Maybe this is also the problem, some of you have with the NET TV reboots.

Kind regards,
Dirk

Hmmm, new clue for me.
I did not experience any auto-reset during the last week.
But now I have read your root cause analysis, I will check next time whether it might have something to do with DNLA. I have a Wireless router with USB harddisk connected, where I store a lot of music, video and photos. Maybe the indexing of the files and communication with the TV sometimes goes wrong. Next time I will unplug it, to see if it makes a difference.

I'll keep you informed
Niels

Niels
11-13-2011, 12:02 PM
This weekend I noticed again two automatic resets and after restarting the TV shows a message that there has been a channel update. In some other post on this forum (link (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?1675-Philips-NetTV-ends-crashes-when-getting-channel-update)) the same was reported. So I expect that the 140.40 SW has a problem with changing channel information.

Is this known at Philips

Rogier1975
11-13-2011, 07:41 PM
Niels and others: my 27PFL7605 does this always when I switched the TV to standby from another mode than Watch TV. So, I now try to force my family (...) to first select "TV=TV" on our Prestigio remote before standby, after watching a DVD or using the DLNA server / PC Browser or after using NetTV.

Aleks
11-23-2011, 02:59 PM
Hi Dear company! I wish to ask, whether will be in the near future improved FW for TV 5605, 6605 2010 years?
For example to improve function decrease in defects MPEG and to add the indicator with display of a level of decrease in defects MPEG (satellite channels SD MPEG-2)?
I hope you have not forgotten about yours TV 2010. Also will not leave us without support. Respectfully to you!

Gabriel Dinu
11-26-2011, 05:10 PM
I have a 37PFL 7605 TV SET, 2010 model. I still got some issues with the software, after updating an d updating it with each and every new released firmware. Main issue: white vertical lines observed in tv digital signal. Secondly, my NET TV is not working anymore.Any suggestion here? Because i understand new smart tv platform is under construction and will be available for previous tv models, too. Thank you!

slvs
12-03-2011, 09:51 AM
Tell me when will be corrected in 5605 media player? Many of the videos are not playable, there is no normal rewind, there is no manual setting Aspect Ratio, there is no support for DTS. On the last point, really have no license to Philips DTS?
And yet - in the TV picture via HDMI (such as a satellite receiver) does not cut black borders as it does for cable TV.
And yet - no need to hide the digital cable hanging in the settings for some countries (eg Russia), as it exists.
And yet - this forum does not work properly in Fifefox 8 649

Erikrijnders
12-04-2011, 12:53 PM
Hmmm, new clue for me.
I did not experience any auto-reset during the last week.
But now I have read your root cause analysis, I will check next time whether it might have something to do with DNLA. I have a Wireless router with USB harddisk connected, where I store a lot of music, video and photos. Maybe the indexing of the files and communication with the TV sometimes goes wrong. Next time I will unplug it, to see if it makes a difference.

I'll keep you informed
Niels

Same here in the Netherlands with Ziggo and CI+. This is an old bug, was solved long time ago in a softwar-update but now is back ??

Erikrijnders
12-04-2011, 12:53 PM

Kind regards,
Dirk

Maybe you should update the software of you router!!!

Toengel
12-12-2011, 06:37 PM
Hi,

firmware 140.44 is out: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3625-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0.140.44.0-for-5xx5-6xx5-and-7xx5-series-(2010-models)

Toengel@Alex

carlosfm
12-13-2011, 08:39 AM
version 140.40 only fixes a Net TV problem...

This has to be a joke.
I'm speechless.

Toengel
12-13-2011, 08:42 AM
Hi,

140.40 (August 2011 update) only fixes a Net TV problem

Now 140.44 (December 2011 update) has been released!

Toengel@Alex

carlosfm
12-13-2011, 02:08 PM
Sorry, I though you were referring to the latest 104.44 version. :p
Some more things are corrected, then.

johngialips
12-13-2011, 08:38 PM
image quality for DVB-T is better now.
until now all updates fixed something but something else is going worse.
i am not technician but i think that 73MB firmware are not enough to handle hardware or software problems.so you win some.. you loose some.
if this happens then i want a firmware only for image quality and 3d.for nothing else.

Niels
12-14-2011, 05:08 PM
Hello all,

Although it is not specifically addressed, I wonder if I have any chance in finding improved behaviour in FW 140.44 with respect to the 'auto reset on channel update' problem.
I will wait a while before installing it and keep reading other peoples experiences here.
Maybe some other new bugs are introduced. :)

Regards,
Niels

Philips - Thomas
12-15-2011, 08:51 AM
Hi

please all Update the TV to the latest FW and use the new Thread (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3625-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0.140.44.0-for-5xx5-6xx5-and-7xx5-series-(2010-models)).

Regards
Thomas
[Closed]