PDA

View Full Version : BDP9600 - Blue light under disc tray

kimol
09-08-2011, 11:24 AM
Hi, yesterday I bought a BDP9600 blu-ray player, but the blue ambient light located under the disc tray (on the bridge) seems to be living a life on it's own. When I turn the player off (standby) the light turned off the first couple of times I used it, but now it just stays on no matter what I do. If I leave a disc in the tray however it remains off. Is there a way to disable it? It's very annoying. The firmware is the latest 1.56.

kvic
09-08-2011, 04:59 PM
Hi Kimol

Try this:
1. Do a factory reset on 9600
2. Unplug the power cord and wait for 15 minutes

Then power on again and see if the problem is fixed.

cheers

kimol
09-09-2011, 12:33 PM
This did not help, and I also discovered that the player remains hot all the time, like it isn't able to turn off properly. Half of the time the player "hangs", and won't start again unless I unplug the power chord. Do I have a faulty player?

Kiro
09-09-2011, 02:38 PM
Hi kimol,

in my opinion you're right... a bit of bad luck... but I'm sure that from Philips they will help you sort out this issue ;)

Andrea

kimol
09-09-2011, 05:05 PM
This did not help, and I also discovered that the player remains hot all the time, like it isn't able to turn off properly. Half of the time the player "hangs", and won't start again unless I unplug the power chord. Do I have a faulty player?

I've done some additional testing today, and the it seems that the hot player issue isn't really a problem. I thought that the player remained on, but when I gave the player enough time, it cooled down.

I am still struggeling with the blue light not turning off when I turn the player to standby (unless i turn it to standby while the player is playing a disc, then it doesn't turn on). Turning the player on is also still a hassle, since the player's on-off button sometimes just flashed a couple of times, then nothing happens, and I have to reset the player. And then again the touch buttons (eject, play, pause) don't always light up, so I have to use the stop button on the remote to eject the disc.

It seems like the player is living a life on it's own...

Oscar
09-22-2011, 10:59 AM
Hi kimol,

My advise would be to go back to your dealer, your device looks a bit sick.

Regards