PDA

View Full Version : Canal Digital Certification For The Netherlands

Shulaf
09-09-2011, 08:42 PM
Hi All,

Here in the Netherlands more and more brands are certified by Canal Digitaal to support there service.
Canal Digitaal is the digital satellite provider here.
Will there be this kind of certification for the Philips models with the internal dvb-s tuners just like mine.
I hope there will be.
Here is an article that sony besides samsung has gained this certification:
http://www.canaldigitaal.nl/klantenservice/nieuws/sony-bravia-televisies-gecertificeerd-voor-canaldigitaal.aspx
Sorry it is only in Dutch.
The advantage is that after you select your country in the tv menu you will have the future to select a fastscan list, this will make installing satellite channels a piece of cake because only the list with channels from the provider is received with the right satellite positions in them the average scan time will be total 1 minute instead of 3 quarters of an hour.

Kind Regards,

Shulaf

Oscar
09-13-2011, 08:46 AM
This is completely up to Canal Digital as they give out this certifications and do not think to Philips. Maybe better to get in contact with them for this query.

Shulaf
09-13-2011, 11:51 AM
I think just like with Ziggo the builder and the content provider have to work together it 's rather easy to say it is only with them.
Because there has to be made a modification to the firmware which ads compatibility.
If I may make dessisions in the name of Philips and this is confirmed I will ask them true their forum.
Kind regards,

Shulaf

Shulaf
10-02-2011, 11:54 AM
In the latest firmware, the changelog states canal ready the only thing that has to be done is add the fastscan function to the channel installer please Philips add this functionality

Shulaf
10-04-2011, 08:55 PM
This is the installation link in Dutch for the samsung tv's:
http://www.canaldigitaal.nl/uploadedFiles/6_Klantenservice/Klantenservice/Downloads/CI-Module-gebruiken-met-Samsung-tv.pdf

Shulaf
11-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Any word from Philips on this solution?

Berteman
09-11-2012, 06:18 PM
Shulaf,

Indeed, i agree with you that it would be much helpful if we where able to load the fastscanlist from Canal Digitaal.

My television (32PFL4007/12) find more then 4000 (!) channels.

Due the lack of a search function and the dispossibility to remove channels (f.e. the ones you don't have viewing rights or those wich are in a language you don't understand), the channels you want to see, are very, very difficult to find.

But anyway, it is very strange indeed, that the Philips tv's are not certificated by Canal Digitaal, because the settopboxes wich are provided by Canal Digitaal are made by ... Philips!