PDA

View Full Version : .ts problems via DLNA, play only once, and reboot is needed, mediatomb etc

none1234
09-10-2011, 04:53 PM
I have philips 42pfl7606H/12 and I encounter problems with .TS playback through the network ( and USB)

when I play a .ts file or mpeg2-ts stream, the playback is jerking first 30--40 seconds ( audio and video) ,
then it plays fine, this is not a network issue, on my WD-TV-live/XBMC-xbox1/PC&VLC everything plays without interrupting.

but when the playback is stopped ( by BACK or STOP button) and another file/stream is started ( also mpeg2-ts),
the screen goes black, and nothing happens, if TV is left like that for couple of minutes it jumps
back to the TV-mode. In the logs of my DLNA server I see that TV starts reading the file, but stops after 10 seconds
or so.

so only sollution is to switch tv off and on.

update: starting a file/stream with other than mpeg2-ts format also helps, and mpeg2-ts file can now be started,
but again only once.

mpeg2-ts files and streams are either recordings or live-tv-streams ( SD and HD) from sattelite receiver, (hts-headend.)
and work fine in VLC/WDTV-live/netgearEva2000/Mpegplay/XBMC. I use Mediatomb as a DLNA server.

and One more thing: when playing a file/stream on tv's mediaplayer, more information should displayed about type
of codecs/resolution/bitrate, etc. and not only the duration of playback. any mediaplayer starting from 1999 can
display that information.

Philips - Thomas
09-13-2011, 07:29 AM
Hi,

we need more Informations:

What TV do you got?
What happens if you play the File via USB?
What happens if you play the FIle via a different DLNA Server?
Which FW version is installed on the TV?

Regards
Thomas

none1234
09-14-2011, 07:23 PM
Hi,

What TV do you got?

42pfl7606H/12

.ts files on USB can still be played only once, but they are started without jerking/interruption.

jerking/interruption only happens with live mpeg2-ts streams from my sattelite receiver,
those are http:// streams , so it might be a buffering problem in philips tv.
( same streams play fine in vlc/wd-tv-live/netgear eva2000). but interestingly enough
this doesnot happend when the stream is HD and not SD. ( so yes HD streams play
without jerking) stream is Astra-HD demo. on Astra 19,2east.

but they all are palyed ONCE ONLY.

same happens with uShare.

Regards
Thomas

preinstalled from factory.
q5551-0.10.94.1

Toengel
09-14-2011, 07:36 PM
Hi,

can you check with the latest firmware 10.105?

Toengel@Alex

none1234
09-15-2011, 10:10 PM
Hi,

can you check with the latest firmware 10.105?

Toengel@Alex

is it possible to revert to original firmware if the new one is not an improvement ?

what are improvements anyway ? Diginotar certificates ?

if it is not possible then I think I ll wait for some one else to test it.

but actually Philips should test it, I do not work for Philips, and risks for me are
higher then for someone who works for Philips and has full access to all support
resources. I am just a consumer and I do not get paid for the time used on debbuging
philips products.

I still hope that Philips-aftersales will pay attention to this problem.

Philips - Thomas
09-16-2011, 07:07 AM
Hi

In order to make sure everything works fine on the TV, please allways use the latest Software available on the TV.
Which in this Case is 000.010.105.000.

Thanks
Thomas

none1234
09-17-2011, 01:05 PM
what are the improvements/fixes in the new firmware ?

just updating firmware to see if it happens to fix the problem by coincidence
is completly useless.

Toengel
09-17-2011, 04:52 PM
Hi,

please take a look at the release notes. But sometimes small fixed are done but not stated in the release notes... so, to be up-to-date is always a good start...

Toengel@Alex

Philips - Thomas
09-23-2011, 06:02 PM
Hi

and again, thanks to Toengel, he already wrote whats important.
Even if there is no point available in the Firmware Release Notes to the Issue you got.
A Firmware Update influences a lot of things as the Firmware es reinitialized.
I have to say it once more, please use the latest Software available.

Regards
Thomas

Philips - Thomas
11-22-2011, 10:56 AM
[closed, due to no activity]

none1234
11-22-2011, 09:48 PM
.ts problems via DLNA, play only once, and reboot is needed, mediatomb etc
I have philips 42pfl7606H/12 and I encounter problems with .TS playback through the network ( and USB)

when I play a .ts file or mpeg2-ts stream, the playback is jerking first 30--40 seconds ( audio and video) ,
then it plays fine, this is not a network issue, on my WD-TV-live/XBMC-xbox1/PC&VLC everything plays without interrupting.

but when the playback is stopped ( by BACK or STOP button) and another file/stream is started ( also mpeg2-ts),
the screen goes black, and nothing happens, if TV is left like that for couple of minutes it jumps
back to the TV-mode. In the logs of my DLNA server I see that TV starts reading the file, but stops after 10 seconds
or so.

so only sollution is to switch tv off and on.

update: starting a file/stream with other than mpeg2-ts format also helps, and mpeg2-ts file can now be started,
but again only once.

mpeg2-ts files and streams are either recordings or live-tv-streams ( SD and HD) from sattelite receiver, (hts-headend.)
and work fine in VLC/WDTV-live/netgearEva2000/Mpegplay/XBMC. I use Mediatomb as a DLNA server.

and One more thing: when playing a file/stream on tv's mediaplayer, more information should displayed about type
of codecs/resolution/bitrate, etc. and not only the duration of playback. any mediaplayer starting from 1999 can
display that information.

Hi,

What TV do you got?
42pfl7606H/12

Originally Posted by Philips - Thomas
.ts files on USB can still be played only once, but they are started without jerking/interruption.

jerking/interruption only happens with live mpeg2-ts streams from my sattelite receiver,
those are http:// streams , so it might be a buffering problem in philips tv.
( same streams play fine in vlc/wd-tv-live/netgear eva2000). but interestingly enough
this doesnot happend when the stream is HD and not SD. ( so yes HD streams play
without jerking) stream is Astra-HD demo. on Astra 19,2east.

but they all are palyed ONCE ONLY.

same happens with uShare.

Originally Posted by Philips - Thomas

preinstalled from factory.
q5551-0.10.94.1
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I updated the firmware to q5551-0.14.084.000
strangely enough 'update from intenet' option in the menu did not work, I had to use
'USB' option.

problem with .ts files still exists. with the difference that after trying to play .ts file and switching back to 'TV-mode'
results in TV-channel being displayed with many artifacts on the screen, same artifacts that usually happen
when the quality of signal is very low. In previous firmware the screen stayed black and message was displayed
that there was no signal, putting tv in to the stanby and back on always helped to resolve the problem. How ever
in the new firmware standby does not solve the problem. I really need to disconect the TV-set from 220V supply
and after switching it back on, it starts to work again.

Philips - Thomas
11-23-2011, 08:31 AM
Hi

use "mediainfo" on your PC to analyze the File and copy the Results in this Thread.

Regards
Thomas

none1234
11-25-2011, 08:22 PM
General
ID : 1 (0x1)
Complete name : G:\20.ts
Format : MPEG-TS
File size : 24.8 MiB
Duration : 52s 395ms
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 3 974 Kbps

Video
ID : 163 (0xA3)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : MPEG Video
Format version : Version 2
Format profile : Main@Main
Format settings, BVOP : Yes
Format settings, Matrix : Custom
Format settings, GOP : M=3, N=12
Codec ID : 2
Duration : 52s 120ms
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 3 519 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 15.0 Mbps
Width : 720 pixels
Height : 576 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 25.000 fps
Standard : PAL
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Interlaced
Scan order : Top Field First
Compression mode : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.339
Stream size : 21.9 MiB (88%)

Audio
ID : 92 (0x5C)
Format : MPEG Audio
Format version : Version 1
Format profile : Layer 2
Codec ID : 3
Duration : 52s 344ms
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 256 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Delay relative to video : -244ms
Stream size : 1.60 MiB (6%)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General
ID : 1 (0x1)
Complete name : G:\rtvnh.ts
File size : 37.9 MiB
Duration : 1mn 35s
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 3 330 Kbps

Video
ID : 7041 (0x1B81)
Format : MPEG Video
Format version : Version 2
Format profile : Main@Main
Format settings, BVOP : Yes
Format settings, Matrix : Custom
Codec ID : 2
Duration : 1mn 34s
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 3 004 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 15.0 Mbps
Width : 544 pixels
Height : 576 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 25.000 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Scan order : Top Field First
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.383
Stream size : 33.8 MiB (89%)

Audio
ID : 7042 (0x1B82)
Format : MPEG Audio
Format version : Version 1
Format profile : Layer 2
Mode : Joint stereo
Codec ID : 3
Duration : 1mn 35s
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 160 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Delay relative to video : -301ms
Stream size : 1.82 MiB (5%)

--------------------------------------------------------------

General
ID : 2214 (0x8A6)
Complete name : \\server\bla.ts
File size : 37.7 MiB
Network name : Digitenne

none1234
11-27-2011, 12:54 PM
Algemeen
Bestand
//server/bla.ts
Grootte
38554 KB (37 MB)
Lengte
00:00:21
Demuxer
mpegts

Video
Resolutie
704 x 576
Aspectverhouding
Indeling
0x10000002
Bitrate
15000 kbps
Frames per seconde
Geselecteerde codec
ffmpeg2

Oorspronkelijk Audiospoor
Indeling
Bitrate
160 kbps
Rate
48000 Hz
Kanalen
Geselecteerde codec
ffmp2

Audiosporen
#
Taal
Naam
ID
<leeg>
<leeg>

sweetdoc
11-28-2011, 01:13 AM
Hi there. I bought 55PFL7606/T .. had problems with all Smart functions, The TV rebboots on its own few minutes while playing a movie using DLNA, & other functions, like playing from a USB hard drive ( power connected, or USB powered, even a USB 32GB flash drive) both NTFS & /OR Fat32.

DNLA also casues the TVto reboot , used Windows media player streaming & "ALL Share" software.

Yes updated to the latest firmware.. Philips said there has been a fault in all of this model TVs.. they removed them from stock till they fixed the problem.. so they claim.. I replaced teh TV with another same model that arrived 2 days ago. Updated the firmware.. Same..

I am very dissapointed with teh smart functions.. they all cause the TVtoreboot.. DLNA, net TV, USB playback & Recording , & USB playback.

Any solutions comming? Philips tech support have NO Solution otherthan suggesting to return the TV & buy another brand.

none1234
12-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Update: streams streamed/recorded with hts-tvheadend are played fine, and not only once. for example files: 20.ts and rtvnh.ts ( see above ) are played with q5551-0.10.94.1 , only streams do have problem, that they jerk first 30 seconds when starting and then continue normally. Only after watching tv-streams through DLNA, switching back to TV-watch-mode results in image and audio jerking alot like if there is some serious distortion in the dvb-t signal, going to standby and back on, fixes the problem.

streams/recording made by mumudvb are not playing ( file bla.ts ) not through DLNA and not through USB, screen stays black and reboot of tv is needed to get it back to TV-mode.

I found another issue, when watching tv-stream for > 1 hour, tv goes in to standby by itself.
information about file/stream is really not acceptable. Nothing is reported at all, even the total length is not reported, and it is not possible to switch audio streams.

mike tv
12-09-2011, 04:55 PM
I have a somewhat similar problem

46PFL9705H/12 firmware 140.40 and MediaTomb

It will play some .ts files and not others. All are MPEG2 TS When it comes across one it can't/won't play the TV sort of "hangs". When I then try to get out of the "DLNA channel" back to a regular TV channel the picture is just black. The channels change but no picture displays. I have to restart the TV to get a picture back.

Very disappointed. This is a premium TV. I expected much better.

Toengel
12-09-2011, 05:22 PM
Hi,

you can try the new firmware 140.44...

Toengel@Alex

mike tv
12-09-2011, 05:38 PM
I've updated to firmware 140.44 and the problem still happens.

none1234
01-08-2012, 12:26 PM
another thing, when watching TV ( internal dvb-t receiver but also through dlna) , tv goes to standby by itself after approx 1 hour of watching.

soussef24
04-23-2012, 12:36 PM
another thing, when watching TV ( internal dvb-t receiver but also through dlna) , tv goes to standby by itself after approx 1 hour of watching.

Hi none1234,

I'm about to buy a 46PFL8606 and I'm aiming for a similar setup to yours. I just wanted to confirm what you are doing : are you publishing the live satellite stream URLs using mediatomb and navigating using the philips TV DLNA client through the "channels" so that when you choose one, the TV starts picking up the live stream from your linux satellite box?

I want to do the same using a Dreambox 500HD running mediatomb to publish the channels/services streaming URLs and be able to navigate through them and start streaming from TV. However I'm worried how the TV behaves for live streams comparing to recorded .ts files, because recorded files are streamed by mediatomb itself, while live streams are streamed by the dreambox and only their links published by mediatomb...

What does the streaming links you publish using mediatomb look like? or do you publish m3u file or a stream file on your box?

Thanks for your help, it will help me decide to go for this TV set!

none1234
04-27-2012, 06:33 PM
hi,

I gave up on philips, I am using it as monitor/screen. No smart tv for me anymore, it is laggy, and outdated. before each stream starts there is 'buffering' time of 20 to 30 seconds, where the image
and the sound are jerking/stoutering and TV also sometimes disconnects by itself , or goes in to standby.
So I can not help with that. So what I did is this: every stream needs to be added one by one to the mediatomb, and needs to have mime type: video/Mp2T

for tvheadend an External Link (url) would look like that:

http://192.168.XXX.XXX:9981/stream/channelid/X

Protocol: http-get
Class: object.item.videoitem

have no experience with enigma.

and also tvheadend now has problems, it has not been updated for 2 years now, and because
the dvb driver in the kernel has evolved and tvheadend has not, there is a problem with
control of diseq switches, usually position 3 and 4 are not working well.

soussef24
04-29-2012, 02:13 PM
hi,

I gave up on philips, I am using it as monitor/screen. No smart tv for me anymore, it is laggy, and outdated. before each stream starts there is 'buffering' time of 20 to 30 seconds, where the image
and the sound are jerking/stoutering and TV also sometimes disconnects by itself , or goes in to standby.
So I can not help with that. So what I did is this: every stream needs to be added one by one to the mediatomb, and needs to have mime type: video/Mp2T

for tvheadend an External Link (url) would look like that:

http://192.168.XXX.XXX:9981/stream/channelid/X

Protocol: http-get
Class: object.item.videoitem

have no experience with enigma.

and also tvheadend now has problems, it has not been updated for 2 years now, and because
the dvb driver in the kernel has evolved and tvheadend has not, there is a problem with
control of diseq switches, usually position 3 and 4 are not working well.

Thanks for your reply none1234. Knowing that no "smartTV" is perfect and that Philips has the best value/price ratio where I live, I just bought a 46PFL8606 yesterday...

So now I'm able to test the streaming setup. As I said before I'm using a Dreambox (it's a linux set-top-box), so the streaming link looks like :

http://192.168.1.10:8001/1:0:19:232A:442:1:C00000:0:0:0:

So I did just like you, and added this link as an external URL in the mediatomb server running on the Dreambox with the same settings and mimetype you suggested. The uPnP server shows on the TV, with the expected folders and content.

When I select a channel, the TV goes full black screen with a "Play" icon, but then returns back to the DLNA browsing menu.

I also noticed that changing the mime type to "video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_PS_PAL" changes the TV behavior which keeps the full black screen and behaves like if it was playing but without image or sound. I know this mimetype is not the right one because what I have is a TS stream but I also tried the "video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts:DLNA.ORG_PN=AVC_TS_HD_EU_ISO" which seems correct to me since I'm trying to stream H.264 channels, but then the TV behaves just like with the "video/Mp2T"...

I'm lost because I can't even reproduce what you did...

Any hints?

soussef24
04-29-2012, 02:31 PM
I redid the test using the "video/mpeg: DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_PS_PAL" and the TV is actually streaming because I see two hints on that :

- A red LED indicating streaming blinks on the Dreambox : to the streaming actually started for sure.

- When I click "info" on the remote control I can see that the timer moved from 00:00 however it seems to be very late compared to actual time when streaming started.

I don't understand why the screen is black and no sound... Maybe the mime type causes the TV to use an inadequate codec. But what would be the right mime type?

none1234
05-01-2012, 06:16 PM
yes I expected something like that, I am not sure if TV usses the full mime type, like: "video/mpeg: DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_PS_PAL" or it just looks for first part: "video/mpeg" , I expect it only uses the first part.

and I can remember it also happend to me when I was trying different mime types. I am affraid that only trial and error can help you find out the right mime type.

and you say that u are streaming H.264 channels, well I have no experience with that. I could however stream HD channel (zdfHD) from Astra 19, but that one is mpeg2.

For H.264 channels you would probably need a different mime type.

but for testing purposes I would suggest starting with SD, channels in Mpeg2-ts format.

One thing to keep in mind , is that black screen can also occur on a stream or file that was playing perfectly before. But because the 'decoding hardware' for some reason has stopped functioning it would give you black screen. And to fix that you would need to reboot the TV. ( poweroff/unplug from power outlet, and not the standby button on the remote)

so first, make sure dreambox is delivering Mpeg2-ts stream, test it with VLC-player or Mplayer. than use video/Mp2T as mime type. then reboot TV to be sure. start streaming, and indeed keep an eye on the lights on the network-switch or dreambox Lan-led or ifconfig in the console of dreambox, to be sure that something is being streamed and received by TV.

none1234
05-01-2012, 06:30 PM
zdfHD is actually Mpeg4 , so I am not sure why it worked or maybe the format has been changed.

none1234
05-01-2012, 07:33 PM
oh, there is also comercial DLNA server that claims that it supports streaming on philips TV's , maybe it could help you out finding out the right mimetype etc: Mezzmo

none1234
05-01-2012, 07:43 PM
http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/1922-Mezzmo-v2-4-3-is-available-now!

soussef24
05-02-2012, 05:05 PM
Thanks for your support.

I used uPnP Inspector (a small software found on the internet), to try to determine what mimetype the Philips TV is expecting from the DLNA server. And got this list :

http-get:*:audio/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MP3,
http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=44100;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,
http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=44100;channels=1:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,
http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=48000;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,
http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=48000;channels=1:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM,
http-get:*:image/jpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=JPEG_SM,
http-get:*:image/jpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=JPEG_MED,
http-get:*:image/jpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=JPEG_LRG,
http-get:*:image/jpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=JPEG_SM_ICO,
http-get:*:image/jpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=JPEG_LRG_ICO,
http-get:*:image/jpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=JPEG_TN,
http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_PS_NTSC,
http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_PS_PAL,
http-get:*:video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_TS_SD_EU,
http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_TS_SD_EU_ISO,
http-get:*:video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_TS_SD_EU_T,
http-get:*:audio/x-ms-asf:*,
http-get:*:audio/wav:*,
http-get:*:audio/x-ms-wma:*,
http-get:*:audio/vnd.dlna.adts:*,
http-get:*:audio/mp4:*,
http-get:*:video/x-matroska:*,
http-get:*:video/x-ms-asf:*,
http-get:*:video/x-ms-asf-plugin:*,
http-get:*:video/mpeg4:*,
http-get:*:video/avi:*,
http-get:*:video/x-ms-avi:*,
http-get:*:video/msvideo:*,
http-get:*:video/x-msvideo:*,
http-get:*:video/h264:*,
http-get:*:video/x-ms-wmv:*

I'm still unable to play any stream from the STB. I tried SD channels which are normally mpeg2 (verified using VLC) and used the "video/mpeg" and the other MPEG_TS mimetypes listed above with no luck : the screen stays black while streaming starts for "video/mpeg", and the TV goes back to DLNA menu for the others...