PDA

View Full Version : MCM7 radio problems

Yicky Boo
09-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Is there a hard reset option for the MCM7?
My problem is that when I am listening to the radio, the volume fluctuates, but the number on the volume display stays the same.
It is not a reception problem as there is no static.
The sound goes from barely audible to enough to shake the house.
Also, periodically, the unit switches to CD, even though the RC has not been touched.
Thanks in advance.

The problems occur when I am out of the room, sometimes. Also, the remote control is sometimes in a drawer, so that cannot be it.

This problem may be coming to an (unhappy) end, as yesterday, the unit emitted a bang, and turned off for about ten minutes, then restarted the CD without me touching anything, so I'll just be looking for a new hi-fi to replace it.

SoundWave
09-12-2011, 03:18 PM
@YickyBoo
That sounds really odd. Do you have anything else nearby that might cause interference eg TV or Blu-Ray? How long have you had it????
Also have you tried unplugging for half an hour and then re-plugging as this is always worth trying to reset it?

Yicky Boo
09-12-2011, 10:52 PM
There is only a Sharp personal MiniDisc player resting on top of it, which has been there as long as the hifi.
The unit is well out of warranty, I can't remember how old it is.
I have tried disconnecting it from the mains for about eight hours, and the problem is still there.
Thanks for the suggestion, it may help someone with a similar problem.

Sync
10-17-2011, 11:29 AM
In another topic someone else was having a problem with the remote controls and interference as you said it changes to CD on it's own. Have you added anything around the hi-fi recently that could cause this/uses a remote?

Check the remote buttons sometimes if they are stuck in the pressed down position this can cause problems. There's also a reset you can try by holding down a numbered key for 10 seconds while removing the batteries. Replace with new batteries this may help?