PDA

View Full Version : CI+ module problems with my new 37PFL7606H TV

Denus
09-12-2011, 06:20 PM
Hi,

My Smit CI+ module for Ziggo HD is not always working correctly with my new brandnew 37PFL7606H/12 TV.
It often loses the connectivity when watching a channel, and it shows the message "Channel scrambled" or something similar. Sometimes, it does show this message right away when I switch the TV on.

This TV is certificate to be compatible with the Smit CI+ module, but it seems there's an issue somewhere.
The smartcard has been cleaned, everything has been refitted but without results.

My 10 year old Samsung TV and Samsung decoder never had these issues, so this is not a provider problem.

I have the newest firmware according to the site / TV update program.

The Ziggo helpdesk couldn't give me an answer and suggested to contact Philips about this.

Ps: this is one of the multiple issues I have with this TV: optical sound output too fast or too slow and cannot be trimmed (??), problems with videorent service which cost me 25 euro which cannot used: the TV doesn't accept the download/stream for a reason nobody seems to understand.

Denus
09-14-2011, 06:01 PM
Hi,

I spoke again with the helpdesk from Ziggo: they told me to verify the antenna cables.
Cheap cables are often bad which results in signal loss.

A Digital receiver has his own signal amplifier build-in, but that's not the case of a CI+ module, so when the (digital) signal is too weak, the channel is gone till the TV set is switched off and on.

So I will check this first, maybe there's hope :)

wrcveen
09-15-2011, 03:39 PM
I have the same problem, I already exchanged the TV but experienced the same problem. I also tried 3 different CI+ CAM.

In this post #11 an other user has the same problem:

(http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?1506-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0.10.94.1-for-6xx6-H-K-M-series-(2011-models)/page2)

The firmware I use is Q5551-0.10.105.0

a_Tom
09-15-2011, 03:42 PM
and what does ziggo say to this case?

wrcveen
09-15-2011, 03:45 PM
I did not contact Ziggo, only Philips. Philips exchanged the motherboard 15 minutes ago here at home. Going to watch TV now and pray it will not happens again.

a_Tom
09-15-2011, 03:49 PM
ill pray with you BUT:
next time, before you start to complain about an issue, you should wait little more to see if there is an issue at all or you should make a clear statement whats really going on!
tnx

wrcveen
09-15-2011, 03:57 PM
Sorry!? Wy should I wait when my TV is not working and I have to reset every time when I watch TV?

ill pray with you BUT:
next time, before you start to complain about an issue, you should wait little more to see if there is an issue at all or you should make a clear statement whats really going on!
tnx

a_Tom
09-15-2011, 04:01 PM
because in your first post you made comment which indicates that the TV is still broken but in fact the TV was repaired 15minutes ago and currently you dont know if there is an issue at all.

wrcveen
09-15-2011, 04:05 PM
The first 2 posts are not from me!

because in your first post you made comment which indicates that the TV is still broken but in fact the TV was repaired 15minutes ago and currently you dont know if there is an issue at all.

Erikrijnders
09-15-2011, 04:33 PM
Hi,

My Smit CI+ module for Ziggo HD is not always working correctly with my new brandnew 37PFL7606H/12 TV.
It often loses the connectivity when watching a channel, and it shows the message "Channel scrambled" or something similar. Sometimes, it does show this message right away when I switch the TV on.

This TV is certificate to be compatible with the Smit CI+ module, but it seems there's an issue somewhere.
The smartcard has been cleaned, everything has been refitted but without results.

My 10 year old Samsung TV and Samsung decoder never had these issues, so this is not a provider problem.

The Ziggo helpdesk couldn't give me an answer and suggested to contact Philips about this.

Ps: this is one of the multiple issues I have with this TV: optical sound output too fast or too slow and cannot be trimmed (??), problems with videorent service which cost me 25 euro which cannot used: the TV doesn't accept the download/stream for a reason nobody seems to understand.

Does you CI+ module have the latest sofware ???

Cojack31
09-17-2011, 08:40 AM
Same here! so i'm not the only one.

Every time I turn on the TV, i 've the message "Channel scrambled" or in dutch ("gecodeerd programma").
When I retreive the CI+ module and put it back in, the problem is solved, but for how long???

I don't known if i have the latest CI+ module firmware. i've got myself an Irdeto cam.
But I don't know how to update this? Unable to do it by the TV?

Downloaded the lastest firmware for the TV and installed version 000.014.038.006 out of the box .005 was installed.

Contacted Ziggo aswell, but the informed me to contact Philips.

Other questions, does anyone known how to connect the tv to a qnap NAS (via LAN)
Switchen between channels takes a long time, that sucks and i'm also missing the EPG.
With my Ziggo digital decoder i was used to see EPG between switchen channels. is this normal.

Regards,

Hi,

a_Tom
09-20-2011, 12:12 PM
Same here! so i'm not the only one.

Every time I turn on the TV, i 've the message "Channel scrambled" or in dutch ("gecodeerd programma").
When I retreive the CI+ module and put it back in, the problem is solved, but for how long???

I don't known if i have the latest CI+ module firmware. i've got myself an Irdeto cam.
But I don't know how to update this? Unable to do it by the TV?

Not possible via the TV, try to contact the Module Vendor...

Other questions, does anyone known how to connect the tv to a qnap NAS (via LAN)

connect both Devices to a Router using DHCP

Switchen between channels takes a long time, that sucks and i'm also missing the EPG.
With my Ziggo digital decoder i was used to see EPG between switchen channels. is this normal.

thats normal

Eburd
10-02-2011, 09:16 PM
I've got about the same problem with my 47PFL7606h/12 in combination with a CI+module of UPC.
Every 13.40 minutes i get a "authentication in progress" screen for about a half a second and the picture goes black/TV resets itself. At first i tought it should be a faulty CI+ module so i made an appointement with the UPC repair service to exchange the CI+module. (yes, the cables and signal are perfect) After the swap the problem remains the same so my next step will be a invitation to a Philips repair service to check out this problem.
Surprises me that Ziggo users experiance the same problem. I got via the UPC forum the suggestion to change the settings in the menu for installation channels/report update/into off.
Unfortunately, this dit not help me. Let's hope it's just a softwarebug.

Regards

TomTieDom
10-04-2011, 02:42 PM
I experience the same problems with my new 42PDL7906H/12 icw UPC CI+ module.

Some digital channels keep resetting the TV 3-5 times/hour. Some never or hardly ever. No problems with analog channels and digital channels of another provider (OnsBrabantNet) without CI+ module.

I upgraded to the latest FW (000.010.105.000)

I disabled "automatic channel updates" and "display channel update message".

I tried the CI+ module in another TV where it worked fine.

Now I am out of options. I hope it's a problem that can be solved by a new FW and that it will be provided by Philips quickly.

CrazyFox
10-09-2011, 11:38 AM
All,
I am facing similar problems as to many of you below. My experiences:
- screen is scrambling, or gets stuck in the Authentication processe of the CAM module (TV needs to be fully reset)
- this occurs specifically in the first 10 mins after switching on the TV. It calms down but keeps present later.
- the first half year I never had these problems
- If I watch TV via the Cisco Hard Disc recorder (provided by Ziggo) there are NO problems at all
- Ziggo has measured the cable signal strength at my house twice now (inlcuding the splitter) and this seems in order
- According to Ziggo it is a software problem between the Philips TV and the CAM module (??)
- I uploaded the most recent firmware (140.040.010) from this Philips website to my TV, but without any improvements
- but...strange this is that I did not face these problems the first 6 months
- I am now stuck between Ziggo referring to Philips and vice versa (bekende kastje en de muur...)

I see a lot disscussions below, but NOT a real solution (unless I overlooked it...my apologies in that case)
Does anyone experienced a solution for this?

28 OCT 2011 -
after 2 visits from Ziggo it appears to be the software of the TV causing troubles with the CAM. This reported to Philips and within 2 weeks their repair service fixed the issue by replacing the motherboard. EXCELLENT service - that's why I purchased a Philips....so pity to hear that they 've sold their TV division...

Ilja
10-12-2011, 08:14 AM
I have the same kind of issue. Ziggo is my provider and I am using the CAM module Ziggo send me.

The problem is that I dont get any picture at all. The screen stays black altho on the upper left corner it does say what the name of the channel is that i am currently watching. (i.e. Nederland 1HD etc).

The only error message I get is: No programme available.

I have been on the phone 3 times with Ziggo to no avail and they told me in the end to contact Philips.

I have updated the TV's firmware to the latest version(6 oct 2011) and checked the cables, cards etc to rule them out.

Ideas anybody?

avnoorel
10-25-2011, 08:59 PM
Hi, I am having a similar problem with my 40PFL9705 and Ziggo CI+ module. Since a few months when zapping channels suddenly the TV says "Programm Scrambled" and i don't get any sound or picture. Other times I just don't get a picture and the sound still works. Sometimes it helps when i try another channel imediately, but not always.

Removing the CI+ Module or restarting the TV makes the problem go away.

The first months i didn't have this problem. I am using the latest firmware (v0.140.40.0) and thecable signalstrength is about 80, signalquality 100.

Also my ARC signal and Easylink (CEC via my Yamaha AV Receiver) is not working.

When watching TV the picture is very good but all these (software or hardware) problems make me feel very disapointed in this great looking and EISA Awarded TV.

Ilja
10-26-2011, 12:32 PM
I have the same kind of issue. Ziggo is my provider and I am using the CAM module Ziggo send me.

The problem is that I dont get any picture at all. The screen stays black altho on the upper left corner it does say what the name of the channel is that i am currently watching. (i.e. Nederland 1HD etc).

The only error message I get is: No programme available.

I have been on the phone 3 times with Ziggo to no avail and they told me in the end to contact Philips.

I have updated the TV's firmware to the latest version(6 oct 2011) and checked the cables, cards etc to rule them out.

Ideas anybody?

After emailing Philips support I got a reply which asked to make sure the smartcard, CAM or TV werent defect. Smartcard worked fine on another receiver, my tv could "see" and thus communicate with the CAM module which left the only thing I couldnt check: the CAM module itself. I called Ziggo, got a new one and that one works perfectly.

In short: Ziggo's customer support got me nowhere but fortunately Philips' did.

Ilja
10-26-2011, 12:34 PM
Check the latest firmware, i think a new version came out a few days back that adressed this issue.

Eburd
10-28-2011, 10:19 PM
We updated the firmware of ouer 47PFL7606 with the latest version and quess what, no more resets since this new firmware! Let's hope the engeneers finally got the problem fixed. Well done!

Rgds