PDA

View Full Version : Net TV USA...

cclifft
09-15-2011, 10:16 PM
Hello, I have a few questions about Net TV here in US...

First of all, my TV says that it has NetTV (46PFL5705d/F7) yet it is not in the list of TV's that was provided here on the forums. Also, I have a NetTV button on my remote, and when I press it, I get access to Netflix and Twitter and thats it.

Now, it looks nothing like the "Net TV" that is pictured on the box, or what I have seen on the Philips web site.

Can I add apps or anything to this? Is there an update? What gives, why advertise something and then not have it work? I don't understand, am I missing something here?

I see other people have NetTV and talk about the "YouTube" app or things like that, and there is that long list of apps and services, but I don't have access to any of this.

Is this service not available in the US? Why don't I have these things when it clearly states that this tv has NetTV. I hooked up the wireless lan adapter to the TV and can access Netflix (all be it very spoty at times, and I have to wait a few minutes after the TV is even on, before I can access this service since it will not connect to my network)

Please help, is this all I have or is there a way to upgrade to a better NetTV service. I just want to make sure I am getting what I paid for.

Dutchtronic
09-17-2011, 08:47 AM
Hi cclift,

Please read this post (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?1407-How-about-quot-Net-TV-quot-in-the-USA).

Grtz.