PDA

View Full Version : Net TV Browser, Flash SUpport !?

stargate
09-15-2011, 10:58 PM
Hi,

I have 3 questions :)
1.)will the Net TV Browser support Flash in the near future ?
2.)And is it planned that i can watch 3D-Movies in Net TV or in youtube or in the Net Tv-Browser?
3.)Or that i can watch 3D-Movies that i stream from my PC to the TV... this function is grayed out when i stream from my PC to my Philips TV i can only watch 3D-Movies over the HDMI-Port?

Best regards
Stargate

smart
09-16-2011, 05:39 AM
Hello,

I can not give an answer for every point, but some I can:

No, my understanding is that Flash needs other/more powerful hardware to be supported. I think also the future of Flash might be questionable
There are 3D movies on videociety VOD-Service. I do not have a 3D TV, so I can't test. I assume this should work on 3D TVs.
For streaming, I do not know. But I would expect that from a modern 3D TV. Since there are also consumer 3D cameras and even mobile phones out there

Hope this helps you.

Here is also a link, I think Flash was discussed several times here:
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?86-watching-video-at-NET-tv-most-times-nos-possible&p=190&viewfull=1#post190

Toengel
09-16-2011, 06:23 AM
Hi,

1) no
2) only for 2011 TVs (at least for videociety), but at the moment it is not implemented - I heard that this will be a feature of a future firmware update
3) I think, same as 2

Toengel@Alex

stargate
09-16-2011, 09:46 AM
Hi,

no, videocity 3D is not working!! The Tv-Firmware is realy terrible, the easiest things doesn`t work.. i hope the developer from Philips did read this forum and look at their competitors like Samsung,LG they do a way better job in their firmware...

Best regards
Stargate

Toengel
09-16-2011, 09:52 AM
Hi,

if you read again the 2) of my post... you see that I already wrote that this is not implemented at the moment...

Toengel@Alex