PDA

View Full Version : Connecting keyboard to tv 37 pfl 7515

lotte
09-17-2011, 08:44 PM
How can i connect a keyboard to use the tv as a possibilty to surf the internet? Are there special keyboards or cables
necessary?

Toengel
09-18-2011, 10:20 AM
Hi,

you can't use USB-HID devices (such as keyboard, mouse) on 2010 TVs. But you can use the MyRemote App for an Android or iOS device to control you TV.

Toengel@Alex

lotte
09-18-2011, 12:30 PM
schade, trotzdem Danke!

Nettle
09-18-2011, 06:41 PM
It's a shame!

pistoiaa
09-19-2011, 10:47 AM
I agree with Nettle, unless Philips do not answer that it is not feasible for some technical reason...

Gerhard
09-19-2011, 12:23 PM
I agree with Nettle, unless Philips do not answer that it is not feasible for some technical reason...

Well, Philips won't answer, why should they? And, I'm pretty sure that there are no real
technical reasons for this artificial limitation - that's why I vote for having complete access
to the source code and to be able to add additional features on our own.

- Gerhard

Nettle
09-19-2011, 12:48 PM
Well, Philips won't answer, why should they? And, I'm pretty sure that there are no real
technical reasons for this artificial limitation.
- Gerhard

Completely agree with you Gerhard: we're not asking for a "usb recording" feature (could be understandable as a different hw specifications).

I can't understand why is not possible to charge a further driver to manage a simply USB wireless keyboard (I could accept even a "Philips-branded" wireless keyboard that could increase the Philips income) to extend it not only to the 2011 models but even for our ones (2010) !!!!

My PFL8605 "2010 model" is 10 month old!!! :mad:

Our TV has got a UNIX Operative System? Isn't it?
Are all the pc UNIX users worldwide without a wireless keyboard? I don't think so. :mad:

This is meaningless and shameful!

This seems to be only a commercial decision to penalize the previous 2010-2009 NET TV models.

Gerhard
09-19-2011, 01:17 PM
Our TV has got a UNIX Operative System? Isn't it?
Are all the pc UNIX users worldwide without a wireless keyboard? I don't think so. :mad:

To be more accurate, it's Linux. Depending on the Linux kernel version they use, there
might be some implications with USB-HID, but it's as always "you can get it if you really
want..." ;)

BTW, for Samsung TV sets there's a project called SamyGo to provide custom firmware.

This seems to be only a commercial decision to penalize the previous 2010-2009 NET TV models.

Well I got also this impression - remember they earn money by selling TV sets, not by
improving the old models...

Maybe (that's my hope), we see some improvements with the promised NET-TV updates - to really
make that usable they might activate USB-HID (maybe to allow an Bluetooth dongle).

- Gerhard

Nettle
09-19-2011, 01:31 PM
BTW, for Samsung TV sets there's a project called SamyGo to provide custom firmware.

In fact, we're talking about Samsung TV's :-(

Maybe (that's my hope), we see some improvements with the promised NET-TV updates - to really
make that usable they might activate USB-HID (maybe to allow an Bluetooth dongle).

Right! The Bluetooth connection could be another good way to realize the wireless connection with a keyboard.

Well I got also this impression - remember they earn money by selling TV sets, not by improving the old models...

You're right, do you know the news with this state of affairs???

The next time I'll not purchase and suggest a Philips TV anymore!

regards

Gerhard
09-19-2011, 02:05 PM
You're right, do you know the news with this state of affairs???
No - as I said just my hope...

The next time I'll not purchase and suggest a Philips TV anymore! ...

Well I doubt that others are much more better - they provide more features - of
course, but I don't believe, that they provide less problems.

- Gerhard

Nettle
09-19-2011, 02:29 PM
Well I doubt that others are much more better - they provide more features - of
course, but I don't believe, that they provide less problems.

I'm not speaking about problems, I'm referring about features available.

regards

Gerhard
09-19-2011, 02:34 PM
I'm not speaking about problems, I'm referring about features available....

Less features - less problems ;) ;)

Nettle
09-19-2011, 02:45 PM
"Less feature" unfortunately doesn't mean always "less problems" :-(

regards

pistoiaa
09-19-2011, 05:01 PM
Well I doubt that others are much more better
I don't agree with this and I think that a sentence like that encourages Philips to behave as they are behaving, that is not to provide new features as requested by their Customers.
One of the reasons that convinced me to buy again a Philips TV is their assistance in Italy, that in my experience has always been very good and, as far as I know, definitely better than other brands (so, from this point of view, not all brands are the same). But if I notice (and I already did, unfortunately!) that they do not consider important Customer satisfaction, I could ask myself how other brands behave from this point of view...

Philips - Thomas
11-22-2011, 10:12 AM
[closed, due to no activity]