PDA

View Full Version : HTS7140 - No Ambisound HDMI ARC

Bogdan
09-17-2011, 08:51 PM
Hi,

Normally during watching TV (connected via HDMI ARC) I could choose in the Surround menu the Ambisound option. Now I see the Stereo, Auto Stereo or the Dolby PL II .... No idea what has happened.
Anyone an idea?

Greeting,
Bogdan

Toengel
09-18-2011, 10:22 AM
Hi,

try to unplug the HDMI cable and replug it. You could also try to to hard switch off your devices for 2 minutes. Are your TV and HTS up to date (firmware)? Please see the support websites for both devices.

Toengel@Alex

Bogdan
09-19-2011, 09:05 PM
Hi Toengel,
Thanks for your suggestions. My both firmwares are up to date (me TV is 42PFL7606).
I've disconnected the HDMI cable and hard switched off both. Got luck for once... now back again with no Ambisound..... Did the cable removal and switching off again no luck this time.
Hope someone has an idea?

Bogdan

Nettle
09-19-2011, 10:04 PM
Dear Bogdan,

I've tried with my HTS7140 in order to verify it: I can choose between "Auto, Stereo, Ambisound" as usual.

Could it be related to a software bug of the HTS or your 7606 model?

I've got a 37 PFL 8605M/08 TV model.

Have you tried to send an email to Juan (Philips moderator) in order to receive a feedback from him?

regards

Nettle
09-19-2011, 10:11 PM
Dear Bogdan,

try to check the 13th reply of this post:

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?1030-PFL8605-and-HTS-7140-undefined&highlight=hts7140

this is an old post where I had issues with the recognition of the HTS7140: try to check the easylink settings of your "TV + HTS" bundle.

Expecially post #13. Just to be sure that everything is set correctly.

If the problem will persist, I'd return to the standard configurations of the TV and the soundbar trying to configure them again.

Let me know if it works.

regards

Bogdan
10-09-2011, 03:47 PM
Hi Toengel,
Thanks for your suggestions. My both firmwares are up to date (me TV is 42PFL7606).
I've disconnected the HDMI cable and hard switched off both. Got luck for once... now back again with no Ambisound..... Did the cable removal and switching off again no luck this time.
Hope someone has an idea?

Bogdan

kwinnie
10-12-2011, 07:17 AM
It looks like you are using a stereo source (CDDA/AUX). .. Can you check?

If changing the source again doesnt help, I suggest you to give detailed FW version number so that the team can investigate on that...