PDA

View Full Version : 40PFL5706/F7 WIFI Setup and Connectivity Issues

Dominus
09-23-2011, 03:59 AM
Two weeks ago I purchased a 40PFL5706/F7 and despite being pleased with the excellent HDTV quality and performance, I am currently about 24 hours away from returning the TV to the store and placing Philips in my "DO NOT RECOMMEND" list due to the infuriating issues I have had attempting to enable WIFI connectivity to my network for TV internet access.

I have tried using 2 different Netgear routers: a WPN824N (N150) and a WNR2000v3 (N300), and the problems have been consistent between them. The firmware in both routers is current (as is the TV firmware).

The root issue is the failure of the TV to get an IP address from the routers DHCP; this can occur both during initial setup (including WPS or wired setup) and after a successful manual setup - that is, Philips manual IP setup instructions work - but only for a brief period of time; usually 1-8 hours before a "LAN FEATURE INVALID" message occurs indicating a sudden loss of connectivity. I then have to manually setup the connection again, even though a scan on the TV plainly shows the router on the network.

I have attempted to reserve a static IP address in the routers DHCP range, and have also tried setting up a static IP outside of the DHCP range; neither strategy has made the connection any more reliable.

I have not had similar problems connecting desktop PCs, laptops, Kindles, iPads, iPods, and various other devices to these routers, so I can only conclude the problems lie with the TVs WIFI implementation - however, I would be interested to know if anyone can suggest an alternate router to try, or preferably, if there is a list of routers successfully tested with this model.

Philips - Thomas
09-23-2011, 10:09 AM
Hi

if this happens all the Time and even with a fix IP via Cable connection, please get in Contact with the local Support, to make sure the TV gets fixed.

http://www.support.philips.com/support/catalog_selector.jsp?COOKIE=off

Regards
Thomas