View Full Version : BDP7500b2/12 MKII - PROBLEM - PLEASE REACT PHLIPS !
09-23-2011, 07:27 PM
I buy few days ago that model and after OFFICIAL FIRMWARE UPDATE to NEWEST, my player is a ONE BIG PROBLEM !!
1. A LOT of Suspension's !! ( on playback movies or using NetTV )
2. 21:9 picture format is disappeard from menu !!!
3. Problems with MKV 5.1 profile
4. and much more, smaller problems.......
What is going ON ??
09-23-2011, 07:36 PM
writing in uppercase will not solve your problems... ;-)
1) You can try to set your player to factory defaults. Also unplug your BDP from power supply for 2-3 minutes and set up the player from the scratch
2) this is normal, cause the TV do the scaling. Full HD is always 1080x1920
3) see supported codec list (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?1067-Supported-CODEC-overview-for-ALL-models-(TV-HTS-and-Blu-ray)) MKV is only supported as main@L3.0-L3.2 and high@L4.0-L4.1
4) write them down
09-23-2011, 07:55 PM
Ad 2 ) Normal ? Then why before firmware update I have this option in menu ? And now it's gone ?.... many users have this problem...
Sorry for uppercase.
And... is there any way to back to original firmware ?
09-23-2011, 07:59 PM
yeah - all 2010 BDPs had this option - but it was removed due to the scaling by the TVs...
I don't know... what did you BDP output when you selected 21:9?
09-23-2011, 08:13 PM
"what did you BDP output when you selected 21:9?" >> I really don't understand this. My english is lack ;)
I have connected my BDP ( via HDMI ) to Panasonic TX-P42G20E. I dont know if than 21:9 option is useful to me but is quite strange to me, that Philips removed this option. What if my TV does not support 21:9 scalling ? ( and i really don't have this option in tv aspect options )
09-23-2011, 08:25 PM
if you have a 21:9 TV this option might had an influence... But over HDMI the content is 1920x1080... and the TV scales the image to 21:9 (cut black bars on the top and bottom)...
09-23-2011, 08:49 PM
Ok, i have one more question. I see that my BDP download 1.53 software version, but i see on the site that 1.56 is the newest. And my player doe's not see that ( 1.56 ) ver.
I must update via USB ?
09-23-2011, 09:01 PM
yeah - you need to install the latest version via USB...
Be Aware: remove all discs before updating!!!
09-23-2011, 09:37 PM
Ok, thanks ! :)
Btw... Is that normal than on the philips support site there is no PL ( Polish ) version ?
I see only ENG, FRA etc...
There will be no problem if i install ENG version ?
09-23-2011, 10:55 PM
yeah - ENG should work - the software is multi language...
09-27-2011, 07:46 AM
the reason why you dont see 21:9, it's because you are already using 21:9? if you try to set to other ratios, you should be able to see 21:9 again?
09-27-2011, 07:52 AM
with the first firmware there was an option for 21:9, but later this option was removed. Also the manual was adapted and 21:9 was removed. My BDP9600 was sold with a printed manual where 21:9 was available, but now you can download the PDF version of the manual and the 21:9 option was removed.