PDA

View Full Version : FWM575/37 Remote Control Issues

Super_bass
09-23-2011, 10:41 PM
Hi, I have a question regarding my FWM575/37 system. When I am playing cds sometimes the remote will not work to change the songs, albums, pause or stop but when I go off cd and then go back on cd or turn the system off and turn the system back on again it will work. The buttons on the stereo will work for those actions during that time but not on the remote. Is there any reason as to why this would be happening?

Thanks

SoundWave
09-26-2011, 04:16 PM
Sounds like it might be the remote? Have you changed batteries over etc?
If not you can if the IR light on remote is still working by using a digi camera or camera phone, press buttons on remote whilst looking through camera... if you see tiny flashes through screen of camera then the remote is working fine.
I find this always worth a try cos it eliminates the remote as the prob that way :)

Super_bass
09-26-2011, 08:01 PM
Hi, thanks for the reply! Ok, I tried that with the remote on a camera and there were flashes so the remote must be working fine. I remember I had the stereo in a different area of the room and it wasn't doing that and after moving it by the computer it started doing that but not right away. I moved it back to where I had it before and I will try it there for a while and see if it does it or not. Just a thought, not sure if that is it at all but worth a try I guess. Is it possible that having the stereo by a computer could affect the ir or the sensor?

Sync
10-17-2011, 11:01 AM
it's true that other electrical devices in your home can cause interference with infrared remote controls. I have experienced this before with my TV and my DVD player!

Usually moving items around (making sure the receivers are not in the same position/angle) seems to work. I have found that it does get worse when the batteries start going flat as the signal is weaker. Try changing to fresh batteries it may help?