PDA

View Full Version : Arte and ZDF Mediathek not available in Belgium

JeanMiFox
10-02-2011, 07:31 PM
Hi,
how come Arte and ZDF Mediathek are not available in Belgium ?
Both do appear as an app in the list and you can browse through the video offering, but whenever you try to launch a video, you get a message saying that the video is not available for this country.
Thanks for a reply.

Philips - Mark
10-02-2011, 08:11 PM
It is the choice of ARTE & ZDF not to “broadcast” some videos beyond boarders.
They geographically lock some movies.

JeanMiFox
10-06-2011, 12:18 PM
Thanks.
Then I don't understand why ARTE is listed in the "Net TV Country Portals" file you publish on this forum. What does it bring to have an app of which you can't watch the videos ???
I feel like I have been fooled.

Contour66
10-06-2011, 03:44 PM
...What does it bring to have an app of which you can't watch the videos ??? I feel like I have been fooled.

Not all ARTE videos are blocked. Philips-Mark also stated this: "they geographically lock some movies". Why you feel that you've been fooled?
And ZDF is not marked in the list as being available in Belgium, so I don't understand your remark....

JeanMiFox
10-06-2011, 05:08 PM
Please read my post carefully : I never said ZDF was listed, but ARTE.
I first mentionned ZDF (Mediathek) when I said that their (and ARTE) videos were not available in Belgium.
If not all ARTE videos are blocked, can you then recommand me an easy way to find which ones (are not blocked) ? I could not yet...
Yes, I do feel fooled because before buying my DVD, I specifically searched the web to see wat was the offering in Belgium for that Net TV, and made up my mind when I found the list on this forum.

Philips
10-10-2011, 04:04 PM
Hi Jean,

We are currently in discussion with Arte about this issue.
You will be notified here when there is any news.

Regards,
JuAn.

Erikrijnders
10-10-2011, 06:17 PM
Hi Jean,

We are currently in discussion with Arte about this issue.
You will be notified here when there is any news.

Regards,
JuAn.

Yes, finally. In my opinion its strange this is blocked as all programs can be seen via cable in the Netherlands and Belgium!!

JeanMiFox
02-13-2012, 08:33 AM
A few months passed and... good news : ARTE and even ZDF's Mediathek videos are available are available, or at least, I all the videos I tried to watch since a few weeks now are working. I don't know who I have to thank, but thank you anyway ;-) !
Now, in the meantime, what hapenned to the YouTube app... ?!?!?