PDA

View Full Version : Blu-Ray Model BDP5200/05 3D

hansi
10-05-2011, 05:41 PM
Hi folks. I'm a newbie to Blu-Ray and haven't really got a clue about it!:o I took delivery of my player (details above) today and have ordered a HDMI lead. I will probably have a lot of questions later, so be gentle with me. One thing you could perhaps help me with now. I notice it's got built in wi-fi and I have a wireless home network. Will it automatically find the network or do I have to buy a dongle like with the TV.

kwinnie
10-06-2011, 08:35 AM
to my knowledge it has built in wifi :)
so you dont have to buy a dongle :) rmb to come back when you encounter more issues or you have more suggestions :D

hansi
10-06-2011, 08:55 AM
to my knowledge it has built in wifi :)
so you dont have to buy a dongle :) rmb to come back when you encounter more issues or you have more suggestions :D
Thank you, when I have it set up, no doubt there will be more questions
;)

hansi
10-06-2011, 03:44 PM
Ok, here we go. I ordered an HDMI cable from Amazon at 3pm yesterday, and it was delivered this morning, and it was sent normal free delivery. Amazing! Ok, I have set it up, and I was impressed how quickly it found my network within seconds and it's up and running. Played a few minutes of a DVD and everything seems ok. The one thing I would like to ask is this. There doesn't see to be an on/off switch, just standby and I don't like using standby. Other than unplugging it, is there any way to switch the power off please?

kwinnie
10-07-2011, 10:15 AM
i m not sure on this one as i dont have the exactly same device...
but can you try this:
1. press on the "power off button" and quickly leave it > if light on > it's likely to be in standby mode
2. press on the "power off button" for few seconds > this usually will lead to power off... > light off...

hansi
10-07-2011, 10:33 AM
i m not sure on this one as i dont have the exactly same device...
but can you try this:
1. press on the "power off button" and quickly leave it > if light on > it's likely to be in standby mode
2. press on the "power off button" for few seconds > this usually will lead to power off... > light off...

Thanks, tried that, but didn't work. Will leave it unlpugged till I use it