PDA

View Full Version : Phillips 3000 can't access Home menu.

nimmy1
10-06-2011, 01:58 PM
Hello

I went to put a dvd in last night and the player froze. This has happened before with both blu ray and dvd, normally I switch off at the mains and everything is fine. Last night it just kept freezing.

If you open the draw and then press either on or the eject button, the player will come on and the draw shut smoothly with no problem; but then the drive sounds quite clunky (for want of a different word) and the it freezes, with just the Phillips name displayed.

If I put a dvd in and do has above, it has the same clunky start and freeze but the disc spins quite smoothly.

All i can see on the tv is the blue screen with the background that normally on view under normal operating conditions (white cloudy type thing) but with nothing else, no options, menu or anything.

Thought it might have been my drive mechanism that was out and jamming up some how, but it seems fine.

I was told that the system my have crashed and hence there is no communication. Bit like losing your op system in a pc.

If so, how would you go about resetting this or installing the menu system a new.

Just a side comment, when ever my heating came on (not been on since last march) the player black out for a second (every time I could see).

thanks.

Oscar
10-10-2011, 12:10 PM
For sure you did a reset to default settings etc already no. Latest FW aqlso there? If so I think you kight have a slight problem

Oscar
10-21-2011, 12:41 PM
Hi nimmy1,

Did you already upgrade your set since a new FW was released yesterday.

regards

Philips - Remko
11-03-2011, 03:35 PM
Hi nimmy1,

Did you already updated your set as asked in this thread? if you did and still have issues please reply to this thread.

Kind regards,

Philips - Remko
11-21-2011, 01:24 PM
Thread closed due to no further feedback from threadstarter