PDA

View Full Version : Your experiences with FW v0.14.76.0 for 5806, 6000 and 7000 series (2011 models)

Toengel
10-06-2011, 05:28 PM
Hi,

Please share your experiences with this new SW version here in this topic. Channeling your input will make it easier for users to search and find relevant info.

Discuss here all your experiences when upgraded to the new version: new, old, positive, negative...

Toengel@Alex

PS: Changelog isn't available yet.

Toengel
10-07-2011, 08:00 AM
Hi,

as far as I read in the comments in my blog, the following features are now supported:

- YouTube HD
- 3D over USB
- 3D in Net TV (YouTube, Videociety?)
- USB-HID (Keyboard)

Toengel@Alex

Philips - Thomas
10-07-2011, 04:49 PM
Release Notes:

Important: This software is NOT applicable to T-models.
• Support of USB keyboard and USB mouse.
• Support of USB subtitles (exclusively for file extension srt, sub and sami).
• Upgrade the YouTube application to the new YouTube Leanback application.
• You are now able to select the locked channels using P+/- keys.
• TV is unable to wake-up from Standby.
• Unable to select picture format when you [Browse USB] or [Browse PC].
• “No Programme Available” message appears onscreen when you switch channel.
• Ambilight lounge light turns off by itself.
• “No signal” OSD appears onscreen when you switch between channels. (Only applicable to country,
Austria)
• Unable to playback satellite (DVB-S) recorded channels. (Only applicable to K-models)
• “Scrambled Program” OSD appears onscreen when you watch satellite (DVB-S) channels with CAM
inserted. (Only applicable to K-models)

Tabularasa
10-08-2011, 12:36 PM
Hello,

a simple question where is the update? I see the Software file release date is from 07.10.2011 but the "autorun.upg" file is still the "Q5551-0.10.105.0"! This was my 32" 5806/K02 says to me, which can't either find a newer software on the NET.

THIS IS HUGELY DISAPPOINTING AND FRUSTRATING!

By all standards this experience is very poor!

Toengel
10-08-2011, 12:41 PM
Hi,

maybe I was to fast and the 5806 series still remains on TV550R2 (10.105) for the moment... (also the 32PFL9606 hasn't been updated to TV550R3 yet)

Toengel@Alex

SorcFun
10-09-2011, 05:06 PM
I find that the new version include a not so nice part of Youtube.
I can not log on to YouTube and it's a shame.
Once you get the version for download, and then there's only September. Strange.

Google translator! german->english

THX

Toengel
10-09-2011, 05:30 PM
Hi,

regarding the login process - read: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2673-Phasing-in-YouTube-leanback-on-2011-devices.

Toengel@Alex

jeewee
10-09-2011, 06:48 PM
Release Notes:

• Support of USB subtitles (exclusively for file extension srt, sub and sami).

Nice to read that srt subtitles are now supported. Big question is: how does it work?

I have placed an .avi file and an .srt file with exactly the same name on a usb stick nd I have tried to play the file. The video plays perfectly but no subtitles. I have used the subtitles menu to enable the subtitles but it does not work.

UPDATE:
Found what the problem was. The srt-files were encoded as UTF-16. When I converted these files to UTF-8 the subtitle files play flawlessly.

Thanks,
JeeWee

Toengel
10-09-2011, 07:01 PM
Hi,

does your remote has a subtitle button on the bottom? Or can you activate them via the option menu button?

Toengel@Alex

jeewee
10-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Hi,

does your remote has a subtitle button on the bottom? Or can you activate them via the option menu button?

It does have that button and I tried setting it to "subtitles on" but no subtitles are shown.

Dentlmann
10-11-2011, 10:38 AM
The Sound Bug, which is described here http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2196-Sound-Loss-from-HDMi-Inputs-on-55PFL7606-K is still alive. (There was another Post http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2353-Audio-problem-when-switching-on-HDMI-interfaces

It happens after watching/ playing something (PS3, BD) over HDMI and switching between internal Sound (TV Speakers) and external Sound (AVR).
Sometimes the soud of the TV is gone or crippled and it is not working on any input at all.
Only Power OFF/ ON helps and brings the sound back.

Dentlmann
10-12-2011, 07:30 AM
The Bug that some of "Favorite" TV stations disappear from the "Favorite" List ist still there.

I am using the internal DVB-C Receiver. I have mixed digital and analogue TV stations on the favorite list.
Every 2-3 days the analogue stations have lost their "favorite" setting.

meme80
10-12-2011, 11:17 AM
Hi all,

I've bought the TV 47PFL7606M/08 recently and the main issue are all sw problem.
I've also created a Thread on an external forum (http://www.avmagazine.it/forum/showthread.php?t=198654) to discuss about the sw problem of this TV and I have to report that all the other people agree with the fact that they will not buy this tv if the known problems will not be fixed with a firmware update.

The following sw issue or limitation are not acceptable on such a TV:

- Not possible to play 3D files over USB
- Not possible to play 3D files from youtube/net tv
- Not possible to manage the second audio track on an mkv file
- Not possible to read subtitles embedded into mkv. (recently Philips added support for external subtitles, this is good but why you do not include also internal subtitles?)
- Most mkv's are not supported or play with artefacts.
- Poor support for multimedia files, please improve it.
- No DTS support. Why you do not support DTS audio?

Nice to have:
- Not possible to play a movie from the point where it has been stopped (e.g. you are watching a movie, then you stop the movie or you can even switch off the tv but then when you play it again the sw will allow you to start from the point where you had stopped).
- Info about the channel you are watching without completly obscure the TV channel. With the current sw if you want to see the info about the channel you are watching (e.g. title, year, actors, etc...) you press the button and the movie is obscured, you continue to hear only the audio. Many other TV supplier create a small window at the top of the TV and if you need more info you can enlarge it pressing a button.

rofl
10-12-2011, 06:07 PM
Favourite analogue stations flag(star) lost

When I mark my analogue presets from 1 to 30 as favourites, then after a while (1 to 3 days), the favourites flag (star) is gone. Other favourites (digital presets 101 to 110) are preserved.
Issue still not solved.

Tnolv
10-12-2011, 06:08 PM
Still no improvement on my main problem:

HDMI sound: sound drops occur in the following setup:
Blu-ray(Panasonic) OR Satellite Receiver(Technisat) - HDMI - 42PFL7696K02 - Toslink - PioneerAVR
-> Philips TV does not pass through HDMI sound signals properly

As well, no changes concerning my second issue:
HDMI-CEC: Technisat Satellite Receiver can control the Philips but not vice versa. It would be nice, if the Philips could at least switch the channels.

Jenia
10-12-2011, 11:42 PM
Guys are this update for 7606 tv too? And if yes where i can get it? Caz i tried to check update on Tv via internet and it says its updated even though its says its version 0.10.94.1 and Philips product page says latest version is 0.010.105.0 (http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?slg=en&scy=gb&mid=Link_Software&ctn=37PFL7606T/12) so I'm .... kidna confused here

Toengel
10-13-2011, 07:10 AM
Hi,

I think it is not available for T models at the moment.

Toengel@Alex

Philips - Thomas
10-13-2011, 07:47 AM
Hi Jenia

this Update is not applicable for "T" Models like your 7606T.
The latest FW for this TVs is 10.105.

Regards
Thomas

starterz
10-13-2011, 09:02 PM
It does have that button and I tried setting it to "subtitles on" but no subtitles are shown.

Please some help on using the new feature - .srt subtitles with USB media. I also use an .avi file with .srt subs with exactly the same name in a separate folder on the USB. No subs are shown - I tried to switch on subtitled from the Subtitles button on the remote and through the Options button on the remote.

How exactly can we use .srt subtitles? Philips, please provide some information as soon as possible. I am very glad that the new update goes in line with customers demand, but it needs to work :)

All best.

Wullywinkie
10-13-2011, 10:14 PM
Hi Thomas,
When can I expect to get FW update for my 7606T/12 in the UK? I have 500Gb USB HD and SD card installed but only benefit from "Pause" feature. BBCi would be fantastic.

Thanks,

Wullywinkie

Fredy
10-14-2011, 09:17 AM
Please some help on using the new feature - .srt subtitles with USB media. I also use an .avi file with .srt subs with exactly the same name in a separate folder on the USB. No subs are shown - I tried to switch on subtitled from the Subtitles button on the remote and through the Options button on the remote.

How exactly can we use .srt subtitles? Philips, please provide some information as soon as possible. I am very glad that the new update goes in line with customers demand, but it needs to work :)

All best.

Try with another USB.

starterz
10-14-2011, 09:43 AM
Try with another USB.

How could this solve the problem? The USB is detected, and the avi file plays with no problem, just without subtitles.

Anyone from Philips, please reply concerning this issue.

turanga
10-14-2011, 10:27 AM
Hi,

is 3D over USB and/or NetTv with 000.014.076.000 supported or not?

vyger
10-14-2011, 06:30 PM
Hi Thomas,
is FW 0.14.76 applicable to 32pfl6606d/77?

jbraamhaar
10-14-2011, 07:50 PM
Hi,

My experience with the new software version 000,014,076,000 is not positive.
My advice is not loading, application-XL RTL (RTL gemist) does not work at all and the support of the CI + is not working properly.
Rather a step backwards than forwards.

:mad::mad:

turanga
10-15-2011, 10:37 PM
Hi again,

here my experience after playing around with my new TV 42PFL7606K/02 and FW 0.14.76.

- Switch between tv channels takes to long up to 4 secs.
- Sometimes some channels aren't available.
- Hbbtv hangs/takes to long to load.
- Channelsorting is really poor/annoying. Is there any PC software for that?
- No support for media from SD-Card (why only for Videociety download?).
- No support for networkbrowsing other den DLNA (why not also use SAMBA?).
- Menus are not circular.
- USB recording only with newtwork. Why?
- USB HDD for recording is formatted and only usable at tv. Why?

I think there is quite more, but im tired. So enough for now.

Greets

starterz
10-17-2011, 10:56 AM
Nice to read that srt subtitles are now supported. Big question is: how does it work?

I have placed an .avi file and an .srt file with exactly the same name on a usb stick nd I have tried to play the file. The video plays perfectly but no subtitles. I have used the subtitles menu to enable the subtitles but it does not work.

UPDATE:
Found what the problem was. The srt-files were encoded as UTF-16. When I converted these files to UTF-8 the subtitle files play flawlessly.

Thanks,
JeeWee

Thanks! I will try this as soon as I come home :-) My guess is that my subtitle file is ANSI encoded, so I will convert to UTF-8 and check again.

Jenia
10-17-2011, 11:18 AM
Are the subtitles support are only for avi files and not MKV? I made it worked on avi after converting them to uni-8 (another conversion especially for Philips .. surprise surprise), but it aint working for mkv and release notes doesnt specify supported video formats, only subtitle formats.

kreotropic
10-17-2011, 03:01 PM
Hi! I've bought my 7606 3 weeks ago thinking that it would not support external subtitles from usb... i've done now the firmware update and i have support for srt!! The problem is the format of the subs... they are tiny and unsynchronized... does anybody know if i chage the format to sami or sub it will help with this problems!!??

i've got to say that i am very happy with the quality of the picture shown in hd chanels but almost everithing else is a disapointment... the net tv doesn't work that well ( the radio is always disconecting, theres no weather forecast for portugal and it hangs too often...) the hdmi arc is always going down ( its connected to a philips hts...) and the remote from my LG in the bedroom is 10 times better than the one from 7606 ( the LG costs a litle fraction of the price of my philips...).

i'm still wainting for new firmware to decide if i have done a poor choise or a really bad choise...

Greets from portugal

starterz
10-17-2011, 08:06 PM
Thanks! I will try this as soon as I come home :-) My guess is that my subtitle file is ANSI encoded, so I will convert to UTF-8 and check again.

Yaaaaaaaaay! SRT subtitles work from USB, just have to be encoded in UTF-8. You can do this in 2 seconds with Notepad++.

This makes my TV experiance much better. And also the impression from Philips, for listening and implementing this feature (which should still be built-in in every firmware anyway :-) ).

MartinARG
10-18-2011, 05:03 PM
Hello Members, recently acquired a model led tv 40pfl7606d/77, which is aimed at South America, does not have 3D, and I have the same problem that many over the subtitles.
I read on other forums confuse the similar model for Spain, for example if you have 3D, this is software? if I make upgrade will achieve similar characteristics?
Another issue would be that the history of the upgrade of my model does not specify precisely the arrangement of the subtitles, but apparently it was fixed.
As I have understood "D/77" is just the identification of the area and type of digital tuner which will oprerar, but I have seen that the differences go beyond this.
Thank you very much, greetings

klaasdevos
10-20-2011, 09:30 PM
My TV 42PFL7406H/12
My experience with the new firmware:
- I installed it because i had a lot of problems (1 time per evening) with a black screen telling me the program
was/is scrambled. Only way to solve it was to put the television off and on again. I use the CI+ Ziggo.
--This problem is still there, is not solved with this new release.

- Recording option to the harddrive is suddenly stopping with a black screen, nothing is possible only stop the recording.
No screen anymore. After stopping recording still black screen. Only way to reset the error is TV off and on.

With regards,
Klaas

Toengel
10-21-2011, 06:10 PM
Hi,

a new firmware 14.84 is available: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2950-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0.14.84.0-for-5806-6000-and-7000-series-(2011-models)

Please install the new firmware and continue in the thread linked above.

Toengel@Alex