PDA

View Full Version : 42pfl7606h backlight bleeding !!!

JanPhilips
10-09-2011, 05:01 PM
@ PHILIPS and others

Hallo ,

I just bought the 42PFL7606H tv.

I have a question because there is some clouding present in the upper left corner of the screen.

Is this normal and acceptable and is there any solution to get rid or minimise the backlight bleeding?

How is Philips reacting to these complaints?

I would appreciate any info to solve this issue, many thanks.

Jan

JanPhilips
10-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Any news guys ???

petasis
10-10-2011, 08:58 PM
Can you photograph it?

Have you tried to contact Philips help desk?

JanPhilips
10-14-2011, 04:32 PM
Hi Petasis,

I shall try to make a foto ,

I have adjusted the picture settings to cinema and tweaked the settings according some internet reviews. That should make the bleeding less, I will check this when it is evening.

The issue of bleeding is noticebale when playing HD movie, then in the left upperblackbar some bleeding is noticed.

Greetings Jan

T

petasis
10-14-2011, 06:33 PM
Is there any information on the panel type of 7606?
Is it an IPS, UV2A or MVA;

Adamo
10-14-2011, 07:18 PM
Is there any information on the panel type of 7606?
Is it an IPS, UV2A or MVA;

In this review, they say "IPS":

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/review.php?subaction=showfull&id=1316001274

JanPhilips
10-14-2011, 07:53 PM
Hi ,

I will post a picture to show the backlighbtleeding in the left upper corner.

Please advice, is this a normal thing or not?

I selected the GAME mode to make the backlight more present.

In the CINEMA mode the bleeding is less but stil noticable.

Jan

JanPhilips
10-14-2011, 08:02 PM
Hi Adamo,

thanks for the link.

WHat does IPS,UV2A and MVA means?

Jan

Adamo
10-14-2011, 08:08 PM
Hi Adamo,

thanks for the link.

WHat does IPS,UV2A and MVA means?

Jan

Hi Jan,

you can find some technical information about LCD panel type here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TFT_LCD

Adamo

petasis
10-15-2011, 06:04 PM
I am not sure whether this is bleeding (clouding) or problem in the backlight (i.e. a few LEDs being brighter). It seems like there is more light coming from outside the panel, at both edges of the panel.
Is this an edge lit TV?

If you try with a gray image, is there more light at this spot?

JanPhilips
10-18-2011, 05:39 PM
Hi Petasis ,

Its a edge lit TV ,

It seems that more tv's of this kind have the same problem.

In the cinema mode less bleeding is present.

AnSta
11-03-2011, 05:56 AM
Hi,

I had the same problem with my 42PFL7606K, only worse. I had it in two corners (lower left and upper right). The lower left corner was like twice as bad as your bleeding. Although the bleeding became less the longer the TV did run it was still visible.

Turned out I caused it by myself by selecting the cinema mode under the smart picture setting. When I select "standard" instead it's all fine. Funny thing is, your thread made me check the different modes cause I didn't think of that myself. So your problem solved mine and I hope my answer helps you with your problem. ;)

JanPhilips
11-03-2011, 01:27 PM
hello,

It seems that in my case the backlightbleeding is less in the CINEMA mode.

what you can try is use some settings what can fix a little bit backlightbleeding.

try this link. http://www.flatpanelshd.com/review.php?subaction=showfull&id=1316001274

goodluck.

Smart picture: Cinema
Contrast 56
Color: 50
Brightness: 51
Sharpness: 0
Noise reduction Off
Tint Custom
HD Natural Motion Off
Clear LCD On
Super resolution Off
Dynamic contrast Off
Dynamic backlight Off
MPEG artefact reduction Off
Color enhancement Off
Gamma 0
R Gain 126
G Gain 96
B Gain 88
Light sensor On/Off
Picture format Unscaled

AnSta
11-06-2011, 12:32 AM
I don't know but I regret my decision more and more.

So far, everywhere I go, cinema mode with some custom settings seems to be the way to go. I'd love to have a good picture and color quality too. Problem is, when I use the cinema mode the whole lower left side and a good portion of the upper right side is greyish, not black.

Which worries me is that most people wrote they have some bleeding on the upper left corner. For me that's the only perfect black corner?!

When I turn on my tv the problem is visible even for me 60yo mother... and believe me, she has no idea about lcds or what backlight bleeding means. The longer the tv runs the better it gets but it's still clearly visible.

Standard mode is ok for me (although it's still a bit visible, especially when you know it's there). But in standard mode the picture quality isn't satisfying.

Support told me to make a picture of it but I don't know how to. I do not have a camera and it's only clearly visible in the 1s of switching channels. Though I would be smart and uploaded a black picture to the tv to simulate the black screen between switching channels but with a black picture the whole thing is perfectly black?! I'm so confused and lost.

JanPhilips
11-16-2011, 08:57 PM
hello,

I still notice backlightbleeding , it seems more noticeable !

I will comtact the philips service center because I decided this is not acceptable.

Keep you informed.

JanPhilips
12-28-2011, 03:15 AM
Dear Tpoic members,

PROBLEM SOLVED

As the bleeding did not dissapear , I contacted the service center first here via the chat function.

I explained my problem and they directed my to the service call center. After a short explanation they said that they would replace the screen it self.

So after 10 days a service man came and replaced the screen. Now I have a good working TV with no backlightbleeding what so ever.

Hope this will help you to know what to do!

greetings Jan

prijke
03-03-2012, 08:18 AM
I have the same problem. I have a 42PFL7696h12 with the same anoying problem. It is very subtle and more noticable at evenings. Also, with bright subtitles, it seems to bleed around the bright areas on the screen.

What can I do about this? Do I have to call the repair centre also?

JanPhilips
03-04-2012, 02:34 PM
I have the same problem. I have a 42PFL7696h12 with the same anoying problem. It is very subtle and more noticable at evenings. Also, with bright subtitles, it seems to bleed around the bright areas on the screen.

What can I do about this? Do I have to call the repair centre also?

Hello,

Just use the chat function on this site and explain your problem. They then will give you a phonenumber to call.

good luck !!

janphilips