PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about RGB range on my tv

Sueisfine
10-12-2011, 05:09 PM
Hey there.

I have a 42PFL8404 lcd tv and I have a very quick and straightforward question. I've been googling lots of time about it but can't seem to find an answer so I hope to hear from a Philips technical expert here.

For RGB outputs (for example, playing a game in my PS3 connected by HDMI) does my tv support Full RGB range (0-255) or does it only support Limited RGB range (16-235)? Because the PS3 has the option to output in either one and I need to know which one does my tv support so I can make an educated decision.

Thanks a lot in advance for the answer!

BW,
Sueisfine.

Sueisfine
10-14-2011, 01:22 PM
Hey there.

I have a 42PFL8404 lcd tv and I have a very quick and straightforward question. I've been googling lots of time about it but can't seem to find an answer so I hope to hear from a Philips technical expert here.

For RGB outputs (for example, playing a game in my PS3 connected by HDMI) does my tv support Full RGB range (0-255) or does it only support Limited RGB range (16-235)? Because the PS3 has the option to output in either one and I need to know which one does my tv support so I can make an educated decision.

Thanks a lot in advance for the answer!

BW,
Sueisfine.

Seriously, can't someone from Philips actually spare 2 minutes of their time to answer such a simple and direct question as this one? :(

Freddo
10-14-2011, 01:59 PM
I'm pretty sure it's a Full RGB TV. As far as I know, the Limited RGB range TVs were just common 5+ years ago, so it's a setting for old flat TVs.

Philips - Thomas
10-14-2011, 02:17 PM
Hi

the TV is not able to give out Full RGB.
However, the PS3 should fall back to working settings if you activate this option by accident.

Regards
Thomas

Sueisfine
10-14-2011, 03:19 PM
Hi

the TV is not able to give out Full RGB.
However, the PS3 should fall back to working settings if you activate this option by accident.

Regards
Thomas

Ok, I'm a bit surprised that such a modern TV doesn't support Full RGB specially since all HDMI inputs on this TV are HDMI 1.3 (which is supposed to fully support Full RGB) and since it also supports connecting with a PC.

But anyway, thanks for clearing that out Thomas.

Cheers,
Sueisfine.

Philips - Thomas
11-22-2011, 10:33 AM
[closed, due to no activity]