PDA

View Full Version : DCM580/12 Iphone 4 IOS5

Pages : [1] 2

maikel7
10-12-2011, 07:56 PM
My iPhone 4 with IOS5 doesn't work anymore on the dock. Before IOS5 it worked fine. A friends iPhone 4 with IOS4 still works fine. Does the dock needs a firmware update?

wifimartin
10-13-2011, 01:33 PM
I do have exactly the same problem. I am running firmware version 4.3 on the DCM 580 but after upgrading to ios5 the DCM 580 is not supporting my iPhone anylonger.

SoundWave
10-13-2011, 01:52 PM
Have you tried resetting your iPhones? The same thing happened to me for the last ios update. Reset= hold lock+ home button down at same time (don't slide to power off tho) and wait for start up screen. Maybe this will help? :confused:

wifimartin
10-13-2011, 02:07 PM
Yes, I tried the reset already but it doesn't help. After ios5 upgrade the DCM doch is not recognized anymore.

schinkennudel
10-13-2011, 02:19 PM
Same with ipod touch latest version after update to ios 5.
Reset (lock & home button) doesn't solve problem.
My DCM580 shows V42, update described in FAQ does not work.
I tried with different usb devices.
As i can read here this V43 update wouln't solve the problem as well.

wifimartin
10-13-2011, 02:22 PM
I am running V4.3 on the DCM 580 which only fixes some clock issues. But my iPhone ios5 is not running anymore. So we need a solution.

kwinnie
10-14-2011, 02:00 AM
hi wifimartin
are you using a iPhone 3/ iPhone 3Gs / or iPhone 4?

wifimartin
10-14-2011, 07:26 AM
iphone 3GS

jielse
10-14-2011, 07:29 PM
Having the same problem with Iphone 4

Neovision28
10-14-2011, 09:18 PM
Having same issue with iPhone 3GS +ios5. Works perfectly with ios4 and not
Working with ios5. Contacted Philips this morning "nothing" to do, need to wait for
PhilliPs or Apple update!!! Just unacceptable. On comparaison ios5 Works perfectly
With my Apple universal dock. Philips must update its device urgently.

aboel
10-15-2011, 02:06 PM
Having same problems, with an Ipod touch and Iphone 4... both upgraded with ios5...
I also have a old pod... not updated and it works just fine...

zorg_4
10-15-2011, 03:27 PM
hello

i have the same problèm with iphone 3GS and iOS.5
no problem with an other iphone 3GS and iOS.4.x

Neovision28
10-15-2011, 03:58 PM
Can someone at Phillips look at this matter?

Dcm 580 is Apple certified. There is no reason why there is compatibility problem.

And it works with Apple universal dock (50€ against 400€ for dmc580).

Once again Philips must update urgently the device.

pokeas
10-16-2011, 03:22 AM
Hi!

I have the same issue, with Iphone 4.
Just bought a DCM580, it worked as a charm with IOS4.3, but after updating to IOS5 (apple did make this update irreversible by the way) it doesn't work, at all, hard reset or the v43. firmware update will not help.

I urge You all to call and/or email Philips to ask what they intend do, also how long it will take them to resolve the problem!

I have called them the day IOS5 came out. The nice lady in the Swedish support spoke with the group responsible for this product, she said they knew about the problem, but would not say if they planned to resolve it, and if they did how long it would take!

So we NEED to pressure them! Please call and email!

becky232
10-16-2011, 04:22 PM
Hi,

I also have this problem and need it sorting! the product is now no good to me if i cant use my iphone on it.

Have emailed Phillips today and will be ringing them tomorrow...does anyone know if an update is likely to resolve the problem??

wifimartin
10-16-2011, 04:31 PM
It seems to be an obvious Philips issue. But when I contacted Philips they simply said: It's Apple. That's not the support I was expecting.

treneuroni
10-16-2011, 06:59 PM
Same here... Iphone4 with iOS 5 will charge if the dock source is not set on Ipod. For the rest, the device has become useless after the upgrade. That's not cool at all.

Benkeeper
10-16-2011, 07:20 PM
I bought DCM580 only for use it with my iPod Touch. At the moment it's totally useless for me.
iOS 5 has been announced 5 months ago. A lot of beta versions has been released.

You Philips guys are making and selling products like DCM580 and their main function is to work with Apple iDevices ... I can't believe that no one in Philips thought about checking iOS 5 compatibility.
I can't believe it ... It's crazy, it's just crazy ... there is necessarily another reason like alien threat or risk of nuclear war that prevented you to check iOS5 compatibility and release a fix. I can't believe that it's just because you forgot it.

This is madness.
We're living in a harsh world. A world of fools.

pokeas
10-16-2011, 08:39 PM
I Think they would shoot themselfs in the foot if they didnt upgrade the firmware very soon! It is sold Iphone as 3 and 4 compatible, now when these devices are upgraded noone will ne able to use it! You cant even downgrade your IOS5 after upgrading!

Im for shure taking it back to the store because I bought it 4 days ago, and will make shure they tell their costumers that it is not Iphone / Ipod compatible any more! It is one of the biggest hardware giants in Sweden netonnet! But if they upgrade in the coming days I wont take it back!

Please dont forget to CALL and MAIL Philips and demand to know WHEN they will release a fix firmware!

Philips - Cassandra
10-17-2011, 07:29 AM
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for letting us know about the problem you are experiencing with the recently released iOS5 firmware version.

Our software development team are aware that you are experiencing this problem and are currently looking into this for you.

We will keep you updated with any progress as soon as we receive a response from them.

Thanks for your patience!

Kind regards,
Cassandra

nainar
10-17-2011, 03:05 PM
I bought this docking station some four months back in Sngapore for the same reason that I can listen to music from my iPhone. Now this tower is totally useless and this is news to me that Philips is not planning to provide upgrades or even fix the problem. This is nonsense on both Apple and Philips part to let users high and dry. And it is not small money, paid around S$600 and I could use it only for four months. I have written emails to Philips support and I am sure I will get the same reply. What remedy we have if we are still under warranty? Can we have a replacement?

Nainar

Philips - Andrea
10-17-2011, 03:08 PM
Hi pokeas,

Please check your inbox as I have sent you some further information.

Thank you,

Andrea

Philipomo
10-17-2011, 03:15 PM
I have the exact same issue with an iPhone 4s and my wife's iPhone 3GS.
Just thought I'd let you guys know that I spoke with Philips support today and they said that their development team is working on a fix and at some point in the future there will be a firmware upgrade released.

No timescales given, but personally I am just happy that something will be done to correct it.
It's also made me think that it's probably not wise to purchase one of these docks in future..... obviously there will come a time when Philips say that the dock is X years old and no longer supported....

pokeas
10-17-2011, 04:16 PM
Hi!

I have just spoken to costumer care, they called the group responsible for this dock a couple of hours ago, and said that they will probably not be able to reprogram this dock so it will work with IOS5. Also got a letter from them about this.. But when I posted my findings here admin Andrea removed them. I dont think its right to do so. Maybe my post was removed because I wrote that if this is the case we all should demand our money back because this dock was sold as IPHONE 3 and 4 compatible not IOS3 and 4 compatible!

So as of right now and what I was told in costumer care they are NOT GOING TO RELEASE A NEW FIRMWARE meaning there will not be a fix! I still hope that they will be able to resolve this issue and make this Iphone / Ipod dock work with Iphones and Ipods again!

FloG
10-17-2011, 04:16 PM
Same problem for me. I have an iPhone 3GS upgraded to iOS5. The DCM580 sound tower does not recognize it anymore and I cannot listen music from the iPhone :mad:

I don't know my firmware version. Could someone help me on how to find which version is run on my DCM580? I asked Philips customer support this morning and they don't know how to find it...

Anyway, it is a pain...Need pressure on this, absolutely!

doemsn
10-17-2011, 04:57 PM
Dear Cassandra and Team

I have the same issue with my DCM580 as described in the previous posts.
Using iPhone 3GS with iOS5 since a week, is there a newsletter to subscribe for getting informed when a fix is available? Is there a planed GA for the fix?

Thanks for a short update.

becky232
10-17-2011, 05:40 PM
I have just spoken to Phillips on this again and they have advised that the development team are def working on a fix/update and will advise us as soon as this is available.

Again no timescales were known but I am happy to know a fix is coming at some point!

Bo'c
10-17-2011, 06:06 PM
Hi All,
I have the same problem, upgraded to ios5 and the dock stopped working. I only bought mine 2 months ago and plan to return it back to where I bought it as the fact it dosen't work means that the dock is faulty and as such I am entitled to a refund and they can take it up with Philips. I do hope that Philips fixes this quickly or I for one will never buy a Philips product again!

Wim Mertens
10-17-2011, 06:22 PM
Hello Folks (sorry for my English!)

Same issue since I move to IOS5. Everything was fine with IOS 4.3.5. I emailed Philips and got a reply from Philips France telling me that I should restart my iPhone or iTouch to solve the problem. As you all know it is pointless procedure since the DCM580 doesn't recognize the Apple products no matter what you try.

The issue is a Philips problem not an Apple issue taking into consideration I have a BOSE dock for iPhone and it works fine with IOS5. When I plugged my Apple products on the DCM580, the sound only comes from the internal Apple speakers and even get stuck with the music control panel on the iPhone/iTouch going up and down. The DCM580 get even stuck with no other choice than to unplug it to restart it when you try to plug and unplug the iPhone/iTouch a couple of time.

I think that if more and more people get in touch with Philips, they will have to solve the problem since the DCM580 is still a product sold by the company with an average price around 400 EUROS!!!

If they don't react, as internet is a powerfull mean of communication we have plenty forum on which we can inform retailers and buyers that it is pointless to buy philips products which don't work with Apple iTouch or iPhone.

Wim Mertens
10-17-2011, 06:36 PM
Bonsoir Flog

La réponse est là pour connaitre la version du logiciel. De toutes les façons même en version V43 qui est la dernière mise à jour du micro logiciel cela ne fonctionne pas.

http://www.philips.fr/c/catalog/fragments/support/software_related_document_display.jsp?docType=FUS&country=FR&languageCode=FRA&ctn=DCM580%2F12&catalogType=CONSUMER&language=fr&selRelDocType=FIN&relatedDocTypes=FHI%2CFIN%2CFUR
Il est d'ailleurs intéressant de noter que la version V43 est sortie le 23 septembre dernier donc seulement quelques jours avant le lancement de l'IOS5. Les ingenieurs de Philips ne semblent pas tès doués pusiqu'ils n'ont pas anticipé ce soucis !! Sur mon iPad toutes les applications qui ne fonctionnaient pas avec IOS 5 ont été automatiquement mise a jour dans les 24 heures !!!

Cdlt

ossilein
10-17-2011, 10:49 PM
Hello Folks,

my best friend does have the same problem, after updating her iphone to IOS 5 her DCM 580 does not recognize the iphone anymore.With IOS 4 there were no problems.
She also tried to install the Firmware-Upgrade Software Version 43 for DCM 580 but the unzipped file (PHILIPS_DCM580_V43_20110808.MCS) was not recognized by the DCM, it shows "no file".
I hope the people at Philips are working on this problem ! Until now we are really convinced from the Philips Quality.

kwinnie
10-18-2011, 04:23 AM
Hi!

I have just spoken to costumer care, they called the group responsible for this dock a couple of hours ago, and said that they will probably not be able to reprogram this dock so it will work with IOS5. Also got a letter from them about this.. But when I posted my findings here admin Andrea removed them. I dont think its right to do so. Maybe my post was removed because I wrote that if this is the case we all should demand our money back because this dock was sold as IPHONE 3 and 4 compatible not IOS3 and 4 compatible!

So as of right now and what I was told in costumer care they are NOT GOING TO RELEASE A NEW FIRMWARE meaning there will not be a fix! I still hope that they will be able to resolve this issue and make this Iphone / Ipod dock work with Iphones and Ipods again!

hi Pokeas,

thanks for your information from your local support team. :) yes, these docking devices are usually not designed for software upgrade by the customers themselves unless it's a real high end tweeter (almost spelt it twitter :P) model :) you can imagine there's not many thing deal with software in this kind of docking-just dock and play. but as mentioned by the forum moderator, they are now investigating this issue. i think they will try to give a solution possible as here we have quite many cases. maybe let's wait for a little longer for the team to feedback to us (what my experience in the forum (more on the blu-ray forum) tells me is that they are dealing with the team (product team/ software team etc) closer when compared to that through call centres. and when one calls call centre or use live chat, you can imagine, they have to give instant reply, so to me, that can be a more dated and standard answer (as this model doesnt usually hv SW upgrade)

ok.... long winded reply... in short let s see... if they cant do anything, they'll let us know...

FritZ
10-18-2011, 07:34 AM
Have the same problem DCM580/12 +iOS5 = :mad:

How hard can it be?
Fix this problem NOW!

pokeas
10-18-2011, 08:07 AM
Hi Kwinnie!

I understand that there is a loot of stress and confusion in support right now in the support section. But keep in mind that this device is sold as Iphone 3 and 4 compitable not as IOS 3 and 4 compitable, so now we should get our money back since Philips cant keep what it peomised, we dis not buy it to listen to radio or cds se bought it to use as a iphone dock. Also IOS 5 developers beta has been out for 5 months so theres no reason for Philips to say its new to them, they had a loot of time to make a new firmware or warn costumers not to update ios.

hi Pokeas,

thanks for your information from your local support team. :) yes, these docking devices are usually not designed for software upgrade by the customers themselves unless it's a real high end tweeter (almost spelt it twitter :P) model :) you can imagine there's not many thing deal with software in this kind of docking-just dock and play. but as mentioned by the forum moderator, they are now investigating this issue. i think they will try to give a solution possible as here we have quite many cases. maybe let's wait for a little longer for the team to feedback to us (what my experience in the forum (more on the blu-ray forum) tells me is that they are dealing with the team (product team/ software team etc) closer when compared to that through call centres. and when one calls call centre or use live chat, you can imagine, they have to give instant reply, so to me, that can be a more dated and standard answer (as this model doesnt usually hv SW upgrade)

ok.... long winded reply... in short let s see... if they cant do anything, they'll let us know...

kwinnie
10-18-2011, 08:33 AM
i can imagine how frustrated and disappointed you feel...
i think they are clear of the issue here...let's see what philips come back to us first on this... maybe there s some sort of solution later... (I just hope and just the moderator is telling us to wait for more investigation results...)

Weensen
10-18-2011, 10:00 AM
only wait for their solution...after all, iOS5 is quit a new thing to us

bigalk
10-18-2011, 04:40 PM
Hi Support

same problem too - i have lots of Philips products and this is probably my favourite of them. i will be very disappointed if it is not fixed as the unit is useless to me now - i keep all my music on my iphone

Please help get this sorted or i am afraid my loyalty to Philips will be lost.

best regards,
Alan Kelly
Ireland

pokeas
10-18-2011, 05:36 PM
We all who have bought DCM580 feel this way I think. I bought it the day before the IOS5 upgrade, could enjoy it one day! And 400£ is still 400£ cant throw money out of the window.
I understand you want to help and appreciate it! Hope Philips will solve this issue really soon!

Just for fun my Philips products:
Tv, vacuum cleaner, juicer, food processor, shaver, blu ray, mixer, fully automated espresso maker and now this!

Philips please dont dissapoint me!

i can imagine how frustrated and disappointed you feel...
i think they are clear of the issue here...let's see what philips come back to us first on this... maybe there s some sort of solution later... (I just hope and just the moderator is telling us to wait for more investigation results...)

joacimm
10-18-2011, 06:34 PM
Have the same problem after upgrade to IO5, my solution is that I am playing throug Airport express and the MP3 link instead

pokeas
10-18-2011, 08:50 PM
Richard!

I completely agree with you and will be more than happy to send you my name and mail address.

However we should wait a couple of days because they say they are working on the problem. Lets give them a chance!

But if they continue to be this unclear on if they will solve the problem or not yes we should take further steps!

Also I have to warn you, Your post will probably be deleted, my post where deleted where I said we all should demand our money back and posted a letter from the Swedish support where they said there will not be any firmware upgrade.
However admin who took my post down messaged me that this information is not true they did not know what they said in the Swedish Philips costumer service.

Also I would recommend to start a facebook group on this so we dont have to fear the admins taking down our posts, will email you about that!

Im sure they will take this post and your post down as well!

Sincerely
David.

The problem is known: iPhones running on iOS5 are not recognized by Philips soundtower DCM 580.

At Philiips obviously none is capable solving the problem or communicating clearly what we consumers can expect. I already had other problems with this device (the soundtower, not the iPhone) nobody was willing to solve, even though it was under guarantee.

Now is time for action:
Please send me your names and addresses, I will go into a class-action lawsuit. Send them to richard2@bluemail.ch

In addition you can warn other consumers NOT to buy any thing from Philips any more!

If you are very angry, start a shitstorm. Write posts on Facebook, Twitter etc.

pokeas
10-18-2011, 09:13 PM
Dear Philips!

You said you where working on the problem since the IOS5 came out. Still you have given us no clear answer if there will be a firmware fix or not. You had time now to look in to the problem, even if you did not do so under the 5 months IOS5 developers beta been available to you. Sony, Bose and other brands made their docks compatible with IOS5 the day after developers beta came out 5 months ago!!

So I believe I speak in all DCM580 owners names;

Give us a clear answer, can you fix the problem with a firmware update or not!?
You said you where working on it, we know, we don't want to hear the same again, we want a clear answer WILL THERE BE A FIX OR NOT and if so WHEN, how long do we have to wait?

Joe 90
10-18-2011, 10:41 PM
I to have exactly the same problem with my families 5 apple devices.
Philips need to get a handle on this ASAP before many loyal people like me return the device to the shop and demand a refund. Speculation is rife and I would also like to know simply, will it work or not? This is not a trick question philips should, as an innovator of products been trailing os5 and known about this, then either recalled or fixed the problem shame on you for frustrating so many loyal customers like me. I wasted hours messing around thinking something was wrong did not expect it to be this.

You should have emailed all retailers and customers immediately and let them know the problem, come on now philips sort it or say you can or can not and do not waste our time please!!!!

I will contact BBC watchdog and the dti together with trading standards if this problem is not resolved with a statement of conformity by the end of the week

Rich
10-19-2011, 08:25 AM
Everyone unhappy with the incompatibility of Philips DCM580 soundtower post your experience on Philips facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/philips?sk=wall&filter=1

Philips - Andrea
10-19-2011, 11:02 AM
Dear all,

Our apologies for any inconvenience caused by this iOS5 incompatibility issue.

Please be reassured that we are looking into this as a top priority!

We will keep you all informed on the progress.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

nainar
10-19-2011, 11:02 AM
Got a call from Philips Singapore Customer care. The guy said their team is working on it and will get back to me latest by end of next week with a solution. But I noticed that there are other docking devices having problems as well, like Bose and few others. So, Philips is not alone. Not good news for any of us, but I think Apple flipped something causing all these devices go kaput. There are discussions in Apple forum also on this topic.

Bottomline, some one has to fix it and we will raise noise at every place.

Nainar

Philips - Andrea
10-19-2011, 11:25 AM
@Rich

Please check your inbox as I have sent you a PM.

Thanks

Cookie
10-19-2011, 01:36 PM
....Bottomline, some one has to fix it and we will raise noise at every place.
Nainar

No need to create noise anymore as "Philips - Andrea" just wrote that Philips is working on a solution. Give them some time guys....!

Artek1
10-19-2011, 05:46 PM
Same problem with iPod touch. If I could return to ios 4.3, I certainly would do so!

Wim Mertens
10-19-2011, 06:23 PM
Hello Folks

Got a mail from Philips France informing me that by next week an updated firemware should be released in order to solve the issue with IOS5. Let's wait and see

Rich
10-19-2011, 07:10 PM
nainar, could you post the link to the apple forum?

Got a call from Philips Singapore Customer care. The guy said their team is working on it and will get back to me latest by end of next week with a solution. But I noticed that there are other docking devices having problems as well, like Bose and few others. So, Philips is not alone. Not good news for any of us, but I think Apple flipped something causing all these devices go kaput. There are discussions in Apple forum also on this topic.

Bottomline, some one has to fix it and we will raise noise at every place.

Nainar

nainar
10-19-2011, 10:31 PM
nainar, could you post the link to the apple forum?

https://discussions.apple.com/message/16425804#16425804

https://discussions.apple.com/message/16369135#16369135

But yeah, I am glad that Philips is looking into the matter to resolve it while other product users seem to be still running around. Hope the Support team comes up with the solution. But I feel either Apple flipped something unknowingly or they flipped something so not noticeable that all these docking station guys took it for granted that it will not change.

So, let us keep our fingers crossed for a week. Till then, I listen to music using my USB Drive. :)

Nainar

pokeas
10-20-2011, 11:52 AM
Theres a loot of frustradet dcm580 owners right now. Good to know Philips is working on a solution, still they did not anwser if they will be able to fix it or not, just again said that they are working on it.

Also this got me thinking about future IOS upgrades, when IOS6 comes will they make a firmware update for that too? When they wrote it is IPHONE 3 and 4 compatible they took a loot of responsibility on their heads, hope they will be able to handle it!

FPN
10-20-2011, 05:56 PM
Please, when can we get the solution?

pokeas
10-21-2011, 01:41 AM
Please, when can we get the solution?

A new firmware that fixes the issues of DCM580 with IOS5 is ready!!
They will just have to "formally approve" it, and will post it on this page:

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=DCM580/12&scy=se&slg=sv

Thank you Philips for not letting us down, the information in the support teams could have been better, because I got a letter from Swedish support telling me there will be no firmware upgrade! Also please kick some Apple ass and make shure this doesnt happen again with any future apple upgrade!

Sincerely
David.

kwinnie
10-21-2011, 06:15 AM
glad to hear that , David.
Hope that will be out very soon.

Philips - Cassandra
10-21-2011, 08:10 AM
Dear users,

Thank you for your patience and for letting us know about the problems you have experienced. Our development team made this a top priority and has been urgently working to resolve this issue for you.

We would like to reassure you that a firmware upgrade for iOS5 has been developed. The firmware is currently undergoing verification and a formal approval through an internal and external process. It is for this reason that there is no expected release date at this time. We will continue to keep you updated and will advise as soon as we have more information when the update will be available.

We understand the inconvenience this has caused you and we would like to thank for your continued support and patience while we work to have this resolved as soon as possible. We look forward to updating you soon!

Kind regards,
Philips

Rich
10-21-2011, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the good news!

Hope you will release the firmware soon*– I am sick and tired listening to stupid radio stations (there are no others.-)

aboel
10-21-2011, 05:30 PM
Hi, i can't get the update to work.... DCM580 just keep saying "no file" on my USB drive.

I extracted the file, and copied the mcs file on my drive.. It is the only file on my usb.

what is it i'm doing wrong.... ???

/Aboel

Benkeeper
10-21-2011, 07:20 PM
Hi, i can't get the update to work.... DCM580 just keep saying "no file" on my USB drive.

I extracted the file, and copied the mcs file on my drive.. It is the only file on my usb.

what is it i'm doing wrong.... ???

/Aboel

Same problem here. I'm unable to update my DCM580 to version 43.
I wish that next update (the holy one which will allow us to be able to use our iDevices again) will be recognized ...

Toengel
10-21-2011, 07:24 PM
Hi,

did you follow the instructions: http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/d/dcm580_12/dcm580_12_fin_eng.pdf ?

Toengel@Alex

Benkeeper
10-21-2011, 07:34 PM
Yes, I followed instructions step by step.
I copied file named "PHILIPS_DCM580_V43_20110808.MCS" on my usb drive (root directory), plugged it on the DCM580, switch to USB mode using remote.
The screen displayed "Reading" during 20 or 30 seconds then "No File".

File system of my USB drive is FAT32, is it cool ?

becky232
10-22-2011, 06:06 PM
Has Phillips confirmed the fix is available then?? Saw the last comment from the Phillips team but then latest users comments suggest they already
have access to the new upgrade?

kwinnie
10-24-2011, 03:07 AM
Hi all, as i can see from the support website that this version was released in sep 23, so i don't think it's of help to this iOS5 problem :) but if you would like to try the firmware upgrade, and by the file in the support site it s of no help, you can maybe check with the moderator to see if he has a direct file to send through. maybe you can have a try using that file... if that's of no use also, yea, philips team better check this further...or we just wait for the latest one (that they said are under development and approval now) to see what will happen...

treneuroni
10-24-2011, 01:16 PM
I just talked to a guy from on line tech support via chat... At first he told me that dev team is working on a patch update that will be available in 2 weeks.

when I let him know that on the official site the upgrade is ready to be published (waiting for official approval) he answered me back: "oh yes... you're right. The upgrade is going the be realised very soon"...

Not convinced at all. Let's wait.

Rich
10-24-2011, 01:42 PM
Could someone from Philips team please let us know, if the firmware to fix iOS5 bug is available and if yes, where?

If not yet, what is the time frame???

Toengel
10-24-2011, 01:50 PM
Hi,

at the moment it is not official available on the servers.

So I think, they test the update internally. After that, the update will be made available for everyone. This is the normal way...

Toengel@Alex

pokeas
10-25-2011, 10:59 AM
Philips!

How long do we have to wait??

LAVIGNE
10-25-2011, 12:21 PM
Hello,

I'm in France, I've the same pb, since the ios5 (iphone4) I can listen musique and app on the DCM 580, my husband make the update yesterday for his iphone4 and bingo, same think, we can't use the phillips device. This product is now useless, I bought it in agust, i'm very upset !!!What can I do?
Regards,
Sandrine

ossilein
10-25-2011, 12:36 PM
Yes, I followed instructions step by step.
I copied file named "PHILIPS_DCM580_V43_20110808.MCS" on my usb drive (root directory), plugged it on the DCM580, switch to USB mode using remote.
The screen displayed "Reading" during 20 or 30 seconds then "No File".

File system of my USB drive is FAT32, is it cool ?

You should format your USB drive before copying the MCS file on it, then it should work.

Benkeeper
10-25-2011, 06:23 PM
You should format your USB drive before copying the MCS file on it, then it should work.

Great ! Thanks !
I formatted my key in FAT filesystem and it works like a charm :)

Now I'm ready to do the next upgrade like a boss ! Yeah ! :cool:

LAVIGNE
10-26-2011, 01:43 PM
Hello,

I've post on the facebook wall of phillips, they answer me today : Bonjour Sandrine,
Le DCM580 rencontre en effet un problème de comptabilité avec l’IOS5.
Cependant nous avons développé un nouveau firmware qui corrigera ce problème.
Il est actuellement en attente de validation par Apple et vous pourrez le retrouver prochainement la mise à jour du DCM580 via ce lien http://bit.ly/tSEsKh
Très bonne journée.

they are waiting the agreement of apple, an update will be given for the DCM 580, whaouh saved !!
Have a nice day

mickey
10-26-2011, 05:13 PM
Hello all, same problem and hoping for a fix ASAP.

mickey
10-26-2011, 05:35 PM
Great ! Thanks !
I formatted my key in FAT filesystem and it works like a charm :)

Now I'm ready to do the next upgrade like a boss ! Yeah ! :cool:

Have you got the link mate? Is this the approved update from Phillips???

Benkeeper
10-27-2011, 07:27 AM
Have you got the link mate? Is this the approved update from Phillips???

Oh sorry, I realize that my last post maybe a little confusing.
I was not talking about the upgrade that fix the IOS5 incompatibility (which is not available yet) but about the last update that is currently available, version 43.

My tower ran version 42 and I was not able to upgrade it to 43 because my USB drive wasn't formatted correctly, the device did not recognized the upgrade file. Now it's ok so when the next upgrade will be released (the one which will fix IOS5 compatiblility), I will be able to install it on my DCM 580 :)

mickey
10-27-2011, 07:45 AM
@Phillips moderator @Phillips-Andrea how long can we be expected to wait for this fix?? Any timescales? I am seriously thinking of returning my unit!!

Philips - Cassandra
10-27-2011, 08:01 AM
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your patience whilst our development teams are looking to resolving this.

We can advise that the software has been built and is now under external approval process. This can take some time, so we will keep you up to date with the process.

Thank you,

Philips Moderation Team

pokeas
10-27-2011, 10:16 AM
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your patience whilst our development teams are looking to resolving this.

We can advise that the software has been built and is now under external approval process. This can take some time, so we will keep you up to date with the process.

Thank you,

Philips Moderation Team

Yes we have known this for days, weeks... How long do we have to wait? Getting tired of this really, there are better docks out there, my retailer said they take it back if I take it back...

Cookie
10-27-2011, 11:11 AM
Yes we have known this for days, weeks... How long do we have to wait? Getting tired of this really, there are better docks out there, my retailer said they take it back if I take it back...

Do you want a good solution? Then give them some time to test it thoroughly!
BTW, the one to blaim here, in my humble opinion, is Apple and not Philips, did you already complain there?
Philips is at least willing to come with a solution while Apple....? Good work Philips!

pokeas
10-27-2011, 11:47 AM
Do you want a good solution? Then give them some time to test it thoroughly!
BTW, the one to blaim here, in my humble opinion, is Apple and not Philips, did you already complain there?
Philips is at least willing to come with a solution while Apple....? Good work Philips!

I wont go into your dispute if its Apple or Philips. The only thing a consumer should care about is, if it works or not, the rest is Philips responsibility as it was sold as an Iphone 3 and 4 device. Now the consumer can decide if he wants to keep the "faulty" device or get the money back and buy another from the retailer.
I think most of us have an understanding of the situation, but to be given the same answer for a week, that we have to wait more is NOT good support. They should at least set a deadline for how long we have to wait! Maybe you are used to your dock, you had those exiting moments, days when you bought it, but many of us like myself bought it just the day IOS5 came out, so its extra frustrating, I bought a dock to be used directly when I got home, I need it now.

Toengel
10-27-2011, 12:15 PM
Hi,

I think each device which acts as Apple dock need to have a certificate from Apple... So apple need to approve the current new firmware fix...

Toengel@Alex

Philips - Cassandra
10-28-2011, 10:23 AM
Hi Everyone,

We have just received an update from the team who have let us know that the new firmware version will be uploaded within the next 24hours. The download will be available at the support page: www.support.philips.com.

We’d like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their continued support and patience while we worked to release the firmware as soon as possible and for providing information about this issue on our forum to help our developers build the software.

Let us know if you need any further help or assistance with the download. We’re here to help!

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Toengel
10-28-2011, 01:29 PM
Hi,

Update is now available (at least for /12 model):

System Software Version: 45
- Upgrade for compatibility with iOS 5.

18 days between first report and the final fix -- in my opinion this was really fast ;-)

Toengel@Alex

pokeas
10-28-2011, 01:49 PM
Its Working!!

New firmware available here:
http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=DCM580/12&slg=en&scy=GB

Have to thank Philips, even if the support could have been better, like not just saying they are working on it, but telling how long we have to wait ect. And when I got an email from Swedish support that Philips are not planing to fix this, you can imagine I was angry.

But again Thank You Philips! :)

//David.

bigalk
10-28-2011, 04:32 PM
well done Philips! 18 days is not bad at all in my opinion but maybe it should have been thought of in advance!

mickey
10-28-2011, 04:40 PM
Has anyone managed to perform the update???

Toengel
10-28-2011, 05:27 PM
Has anyone managed to perform the update???

Hi,

do you have problems with the update?

Toengel@Alex

mickey
10-28-2011, 05:34 PM
yes, even thought it was the USB stick. Bought another with Flashdrive and tried again! Comes up with "NO FILE" on DCM system. Strange, can you help???

pokeas
10-28-2011, 06:14 PM
yes, even thought it was the USB stick. Bought another with Flashdrive and tried again! Comes up with "NO FILE" on DCM system. Strange, can you help???

Hi

All you have to do is to format your usb drive with FAT32, then extract the winrar file to the usb stick. Do you know how to do that?

mickey
10-28-2011, 06:20 PM
Hi

All you have to do is to format your usb drive with FAT32, then extract the winrar file to the usb stick. Do you know how to do that?

Sounds all so easy!!! Format with FAT32??? Winrar file???

HELP!!!!

Basic language please

mickey
10-28-2011, 06:23 PM
Sounds all so easy!!! Format with FAT32??? Winrar file???

HELP!!!!

Basic language please

Hey i found the FAT32 standard, how many KBs??

Toengel
10-28-2011, 06:32 PM
Hi,

use the predefined value (I assume you try to format with windows). If FAT32 does not work, try FAT16 (or FAT).

(right click in explorer on your USB stick, choose "Format")

Toengel@Alex

Benkeeper
10-28-2011, 06:40 PM
Yeaaaaaaah ! It works !
Wooohooooooo !

Thanks Philips :cool:

@mickey : for me it works using FAT (not FAT32)

mickey
10-28-2011, 06:45 PM
Yeaaaaaaah ! It works !
Wooohooooooo !

Thanks Philips :cool:

@mickey : for me it works using FAT (not FAT32)

why is mine still coming up with "NO FILE"???

Toengel
10-28-2011, 07:02 PM
Hi,

did you format your USB stick with FAT? After that, just copy the extracted file: double click on the downloaded ZIP file and drag the file to the usb stick.

Toengel@Alex

pokeas
10-28-2011, 07:04 PM
Hey i found the FAT32 standard, how many KBs??

:) I will help you!
1.) You found out how to format your usb drive, good, it doesn't matter how many KBs you format with, just press format after you choose FAT32. This was the first step.

2.)Second step; download the new Firmware, look at the instructions witch is available on the download site. Now you have to install winrar if you dont already have it on your computer. You can download it here:
http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
You have to choose if you want to download the 32 bit version for windows or the 64 bit. If you don't know if your computer is 32 or 64 bits just go with the 32 bit version, (WinRAR x86 (32 bit) 4.10 beta 2 on the top of the page) if that doesn't work download the 64 bit, one of them will work.

3.)Now double click on the downloaded firmware file from Philips, winrar will automatically start, on the top pane you will see a "EXTRACT" button, select(mark) your file and press the button. It will ask where to extract it, choose your USB drive. And you are good to go.

4.)Follow the installation instructions from Philips.

Let me know how it went and if you need more help or don't understand something ! :)

mickey
10-28-2011, 07:05 PM
Hi,

did you format your USB stick with FAT? After that, just copy the extracted file: double click on the downloaded ZIP file and drag the file to the usb stick.

Toengel@Alex

Done all that FAT32, FAT now trying ExFAT and its reading the usb stick!! Getting progress. At least no "NO FILE"
How long does the update take??

Toengel
10-28-2011, 07:17 PM
Hi,

small guide:

- format your USB stick with FAT (not FAT32, not ExFAT)
- download the file "dcm580_12_fus_deu.zip (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/dcm580_12_fus_deu.zip)" on your desktop
- double click on that file - now you should see "PHILIPS_DCM580_V45_20111026.MCS"
- drag and drop that file on your usb stick
- plug this usb stick on your DCM
- wait until it is finished

Toengel@Alex

mickey
10-28-2011, 07:23 PM
:) I will help you!
1.) You found out how to format your usb drive, good, it doesn't matter how many KBs you format with, just press format after you choose FAT32. This was the first step.

2.)Second step; download the new Firmware, look at the instructions witch is available on the download site. Now you have to install winrar if you dont already have it on your computer. You can download it here:
http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
You have to choose if you want to download the 32 bit version for windows or the 64 bit. If you don't know if your computer is 32 or 64 bits just go with the 32 bit version, (WinRAR x86 (32 bit) 4.10 beta 2 on the top of the page) if that doesn't work download the 64 bit, one of them will work.

3.)Now double click on the downloaded firmware file from Philips, winrar will automatically start, on the top pane you will see a "EXTRACT" button, select(mark) your file and press the button. It will ask where to extract it, choose your USB drive. And you are good to go.

4.)Follow the installation instructions from Philips.

Let me know how it went and if you need more help or don't understand something ! :)

Didnt work!!!!

mickey
10-28-2011, 07:24 PM
Hi,

small guide:

- format your USB stick with FAT (not FAT32, not ExFAT)
- download the file "dcm580_12_fus_deu.zip (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/dcm580_12_fus_deu.zip)" on your desktop
- double click on that file - now you should see "PHILIPS_DCM580_V45_20111026.MCS"
- drag and drop that file on your usb stick

- plug this usb stick on your DCM
- wait until it is finished

Toengel@Alex

Didnt work!!

mickey
10-28-2011, 07:33 PM
WEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYHEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

IT WORKS!!!!!

THANKYOU LORD
THANKYOU TOENGEL
THANKYOU POKEAS

Oh and thankyou Philips!!!

Happy man!!!

Sorry for being so thick guys!!

Toengel
10-28-2011, 07:41 PM
Hi,

great! How did you solved your problem?

Toengel@Alex

mickey
10-28-2011, 07:44 PM
Hi,

great! How did you solved your problem?

Toengel@Alex

To be honest!!! I dont know.. did all the same again on my old laptop as opposed to my wife new modern fantastic laptop!! And it worked... It was FAT standard for sure!!!

So Happy...

TheEvildark
10-28-2011, 08:21 PM
Hi,

I tried the update on 4GB usb drive, my computer runs on Windows 7 64 Bits. I format the usb drive using FAT. But I still see "No file", doesn't anyone have an idea ?

Thanks

Toengel
10-28-2011, 08:23 PM
Hi,

do you have the file "PHILIPS_DCM580_V45_20111026.MCS" in the root of your USB stick?

Toengel@Alex

mickey
10-28-2011, 08:23 PM
Hi,

I tried the update on 4GB usb drive, my computer runs on Windows 7 64 Bits. I format the usb drive using FAT. But I still see "No file", doesn't anyone have an idea ?

Thanks

I would love to help you mate but as you can see i have had major problems!! Read all above posts and good luck...

TheEvildark
10-28-2011, 08:37 PM
The file is in the root of the usb stick, yes.
I'm french so i download the french version of the firmware, doesn't work.
I tried the english version, i thought it has worked : I see "upgrading" and the "Done". I shut down the dock, take off the usb stick.
But now i can only use the fonction "USB" and "CD", on the screen i can see "Done" and "Dome" ... It's worst than before ... The dock is not even reading the usb stick

Toengel
10-28-2011, 08:48 PM
Hi,

try to disconnect the power cord for 2-3 minutes... And start the device again.

Toengel@Alex

bigalk
10-28-2011, 08:59 PM
1 you dont need winrar - windows xp or later will unzip the file for you
2 empty ALL files off your USB stick
3 Format the drive to FAT or FAT32
3 ONLY COPY THE FILE to the USB stick - do not copy the file and folder

when i put only the file on my USB it worked 1st time.

TheEvildark
10-28-2011, 09:02 PM
Hi,

try to disconnect the power cord for 2-3 minutes... And start the device again.

Toengel@Alex

That was the solution. Now it's working perfectly.

Thank you

musicorso
10-28-2011, 10:38 PM
I don't succeed; I downloaded the latest firmware, and all the device can tell is "reading" and
"reading" till I quit after half an hour; I am on a Macintosh, OS10.6, tried to format the usb stick many different ways, and it still is not upgrading; from what I read on this forum, the problem seems to
arise from the fact that I'm not working on Windows; or am I doing something else wrong? Help would be welcome for this final step...

Toengel
10-29-2011, 07:05 AM
Hi,

your stick needs to be formatted with FAT (not FAT32 or something else). And the MCS file needs to be in the root of your stick. Also no other data should be on the stick.

Toengel@Alex

musicorso
10-29-2011, 07:23 AM
Hi,

your stick needs to be formatted with FAT (not FAT32 or something else). And the MCS file needs to be in the root of your stick. Also no other data should be on the stick.

Toengel@Alex

Thank you for your answer, but I did that already, having read your previous advices.
As I said, it just doesn't work: formatting with FAT leads to NO FILE, whether it is the french or the english version of the MCS file (which seem to be identical anyway).
Only when I format in exFAT do I get "READING" ceaselessly, and am getting nowhere.
Any Mac user had this same problem and found a solution?
Thanks all

FPN
10-29-2011, 10:46 AM
Fantastic, FAT format is the solution! Thanks. FPN

musicorso
10-29-2011, 11:42 AM
Fantastic, FAT format is the solution! Thanks. FPN

Not for everyone
Anybody help? Please see my previous post

becky232
10-29-2011, 12:10 PM
It works at last!! so happy right now.

Took me all morning to get it working though, kept saying 'no file'.

All i did to get to work is download winrar, reformat my usb to FAT32 (though i think it was already set to this but it still only worked once i have formated it again) and then made sure the actual MSC file was saved on the usb root and not the 'zip' file.

Thank you everyone for your advise on here as couldnt have done it otherwise! and thanks Phillips for sorting this out..has made my day to have my player back :-D

cas
10-29-2011, 03:11 PM
due to the fact that most of you have an iPhone or iPod, a lot of you (including me) used an apple pc as well. I formatted my USB on a windows device, and that was the key!

Joe 90
10-29-2011, 03:41 PM
I have a dcm580/05 With the same problem I have tried to format my USB stick with fat and fat32.
I have copied the file to 2 USB sticks both formatted in every way conceivable, I have tried the file in a folder out if a folder always unzipped.

I have followed the insdtictions including unplugging the device for 5 mins and no joy.

1 unplug the unit
2 plug in the init
3 power on the unit
4 insert the USB stick
5 select USB source using the remote control
6 uniit says no file found

If I put a mp3 on USB file plays!

Does any one have any ideas?

Using this file

dcm580_05_fus_eng.zip
Version: 45, Zip file, 358.45 KB, Date published: 2011-10-28

becky232
10-29-2011, 04:40 PM
I have a dcm580/05 With the same problem I have tried to format my USB stick with fat and fat32.
I have copied the file to 2 USB sticks both formatted in every way conceivable, I have tried the file in a folder out if a folder always unzipped.

I have followed the insdtictions including unplugging the device for 5 mins and no joy.

1 unplug the unit
2 plug in the init
3 power on the unit
4 insert the USB stick

Using this file

dcm580_05_fus_eng.zip

Try having the device already on USB source then putting your USB stick in. Worked for me

Joe 90
10-29-2011, 08:29 PM
Did that maybe 20 to 30 times thsnks

nainar
10-30-2011, 01:34 AM
It seems to be a piece of cake. I had some other songs in the USB stick and instead of upgrading it played the songs. Once I cleaned it up, it upgraded and the device is working fine with my iPhone4 and iOS5.

A big thank you to the support folks of Philips. My tower is misery for the last three weeks is back to life.

Nainar

Joe 90
10-30-2011, 07:35 AM

1 unplug the unit
2 plug in the unit
3 power on the unit
4 insert the USB stick

Using this file, unzipped

dcm580_05_fus_eng.zip

Has anyone done an upgrade to a 580/05
Also tried power on with the source set to USB no luck

musicorso
10-30-2011, 11:42 AM
Help for Mac users please

Reposting:
My device is a DCM580/12
I don't succeed; I downloaded the latest firmware, and all the device can tell is either NO FILE, or "reading" and "reading" till I quit after half an hour; I am on a Macintosh, OS10.6, tried to format the usb stick many different ways, and it still is not upgrading; from what I read on this forum, the problem seems to arise from the fact that I'm not working on Windows; or am I doing something else wrong? Help would be welcome for this final step...
Wrote to Philips, and had a call from someone who told me very nicely to wait for a further update... I assume he wasn't very well informed.
I'm asking again if a Mac user found a solution when it didn't work like it seems to do for the majority here; or if Philips can provide an accurate answer.
Thanks again

Rich
10-30-2011, 02:24 PM
Seems philips only supports windows users – even though the device is made vor an apple product.-)

WOULD PLEASE SOMEONE FROM PHILIPS GIVE CLEAR INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAC USERS

My device neither reads the firmware on a FAT 16 nor a FAT 32 stick. It always says NO FILE.

Help please.

Artek1
10-30-2011, 02:39 PM
The same request as Rich. (OSX 10.6) Got myself a new usb stick (FAT) as well.
Result: NO FILE.
Conclusion: No result for Apple(!) users.

ludodolela
10-30-2011, 02:43 PM
Firware 45 works just fine with my DCN 580/12 and iOS5.
Download from the site here http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=DCM580/12&slg=en&scy=GB (http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=DCM580/12&slg=en&scy=GB)

Rich
10-30-2011, 05:05 PM
Firware 45 works just fine with my DCN 580/12 and iOS5.
Download from the site here http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=DCM580/12&slg=en&scy=GB (http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=DCM580/12&slg=en&scy=GB)

ludodolela, did you download and save the firmware on a mac / apple computer?

Joe 90
10-30-2011, 11:33 PM
I have copied the file to 2 USB sticks both formatted in every way conceivable, I have tried the file in a folder out of a folder always unzipped.

I have followed the instructions including unplugging the device for 5 mins from mains and still no joy.

1 unplug the unit
2 plug in the unit
3 power on the unit
4 insert the USB stick

If I put a mp3 file on the USB the file plays so USB ok

Using this file, unzipped

dcm580_05_fus_eng.zip

Has anyone done an upgrade to a 580/05
Also tried power on with the source set to USB no luck

kwinnie
10-31-2011, 02:41 AM
Hi Joe 90,
So reading through the posts here, there are successful cases of FAT32 and FAT format. Nainar said his upgrade didn't succeed when there's mp3 in it. After cleaning up the files, and the upgrade works again. Do you have other files along in the same USB?

kwinnie
10-31-2011, 02:59 AM
Agree with Rich that it seems that there is some problem for the Mac Users. Support should have be better.
What I think is that the actions for a Mac user and a Window PC user are similar:
1) download file
2) unzip file
3) format USB
4) drag file in USB
5) plug USB in device

what I think is that for action 1, 4, 5 there should be no difference in the actions/processing for MAC and Window PC.
the prob should be in 2 and 3.

Since I m not a Mac user, I don't know if the unzipping process is just the same with normal PC.
But how about the USB formatting? Is that quite different? Have you try using a USB that with no files in it (absolutely empty one)? I am asking because I see successful cases that users are using a FAT32/ FAT, only with it formatted (no files in it)...

I am just trying to see what can be the problem :confused:

musicorso
10-31-2011, 06:04 AM
Agree with Rich that it seems that there is some problem for the Mac Users. Support should have be better.
What I think is that the actions for a Mac user and a Window PC user are similar:
1) download file
2) unzip file
3) format USB
4) drag file in USB
5) plug USB in device

what I think is that for action 1, 4, 5 there should be no difference in the actions/processing for MAC and Window PC.

Since I m not a Mac user, I don't know if the unzipping process is just the same with normal PC.
But how about the USB formatting? Is that quite different? Have you try using a USB that with no files in it (absolutely empty one)? I am asking because I see successful cases that users are using a FAT32/ FAT, only with it formatted (no files in it)...

You are right, actions are totally similar; zip files automatically unzip after downloading, which gives us the correct file: PHILIPS_DCM580_V45_20111026.MCS, whether we download its french or english version.
After reading all the posts, of course we do (at least most of mac users, I assume) format the usb stick; on every Mac computer there's a "disk utility" which allows erasing, repairing, and formatting; and of course formatting erases everything on the usb stick; but either FAT or any other way, this phase is not successful enough: copying the update file to the formatted usb stick still does not lead to its recognition by the Philips device.
And of course none of the above suggestions is relevant, like plugging/unplugging the soundtower, etc: NOTHING WORKS!!
A further update, or an adequate method, has to be provided, because it is very frustrating to have spent hours trying and failing.
And to await a proper reply for days and days:
PHILIPS, HELP, PLEASE?

Rich
10-31-2011, 07:51 AM
1) download file
2) unzip file
3) format USB
4) drag file in USB
5) plug USB in device

Thanks kwinnie, I share your views. But I really did what I was asked to:

USB is absolutely empty, just the firmware in it
format was FAT16 on stick one (did not work)
format was FAT32 on stick two (did not work)
formatting the USB on a Mac is easy via disk utility

Now, I am asking Philips again: please provide a solution. Otherwise I understand this as a breach of warranty!

kwinnie
10-31-2011, 08:11 AM
Thanks Rich, for giving Philips and me more information on the scenario Mac users are facing.
This needs to be addressed. And again, please give them some time to solve it for this Apple Mac issue...

Toengel
10-31-2011, 08:16 AM
Hi,

Mac user can try:

Applications\Utilities\Disc Utility

There you can format your stick (MS-DOS, FAT).

Maybe someone can test this...

Toengel@Alex

Philips - Cassandra
10-31-2011, 08:22 AM
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all of the information, just to let you know we are aware of the problem MAC users are having and our development team is currently looking into it for you.

Kind regards,
Cassandra

Rich
10-31-2011, 08:28 AM
Fine. Thanks Cassandra, thanks Philips team.

I do not think that this is a big issue. In the meantime, I will try to save the firmware on a windows computer to my stick... and see, if this works.

Toengel
10-31-2011, 08:33 AM
Hi,

maybe the problem is, that the Mac file system stores every time a hidden file call ".DSstore" on your drive or some other hidden files...

Toengel@Alex

Green29860
10-31-2011, 08:36 AM
Bonjour je possède actuellement une tour DCM580/12 je n'est pas eu de problème pour mètre a jour ma version en V45

Mais mon ipod IOS5 , et mon Iphone 3GS IOS5 ne fonctionne toujours pas malgré la mise a jour du firmware
Y a t'il une solution alternative?

Philips - Cassandra
10-31-2011, 08:47 AM
Hi Green 29860,

Please can you re-submit your message in English as this will help us to reply to your post.

Thank you
Cassandra

Bonjour je possède actuellement une tour DCM580/12 je n'est pas eu de problème pour mètre a jour ma version en V45

Mais mon ipod IOS5 , et mon Iphone 3GS IOS5 ne fonctionne toujours pas malgré la mise a jour du firmware

Philips - Cassandra
10-31-2011, 08:51 AM
Hi Everyone,

Glad I could help with getting this looked into!

If anyone is experiencing any issues when trying to download the firmware upgrade or can not see the zip file please send Philips - Andrea a private message and we will be happy to send the firmware directly to you.

Kind regards,
Cassandra

Green29860
10-31-2011, 09:05 AM
Hi Green 29860,

Please can you re-submit your message in English as this will help us to reply to your post.

Thank you
Cassandra

SORRY GOOGLE TRANSLATE

Hello I currently have a tower DCM580/12 I is not had a problem a day my meter version V45

But my ipod IOS5 and my Iphone 3G IOS5 still does not work despite the updated firmware
Is there an alternative?

Toengel
10-31-2011, 09:06 AM
Hi,

try to reboot your iPod and iPhone (hard reboot). Also try to unplug the power cord from your DCM580 for 2-3 minutes...

Toengel@Alex

Green29860
10-31-2011, 09:14 AM
Hi,

try to reboot your iPod and iPhone (hard reboot). Also try to unplug the power cord from your DCM580 for 2-3 minutes...

Toengel@Alex

Thank you for your response, but the problem remains unchanged

kwinnie
10-31-2011, 09:24 AM
You re sure you have v45 in your device and you can checked that through your iphone 3Gs?
Just to make sure the upgrade did succeed...

Green29860
10-31-2011, 09:31 AM
yes I am I check the firmware version of the tower DCM580. 4 the ipod, iphone 3g and it was hard reboot

Rich
10-31-2011, 09:53 AM
Hi,

maybe the problem is, that the Mac file system stores every time a hidden file call ".DSstore" on your drive or some other hidden files...

Toengel@Alex

Hi Toengel

Interesting point. What would be the solution then?

Thanks for your help,
Rich

Toengel
10-31-2011, 10:08 AM
Hi,

take a windows PC and delete those files :-)

Open a terminal in MacOS, go to the USB stick location and type: ls -la

Then you should see all files on your drive...

Toengel@Alex

Green29860
10-31-2011, 11:23 AM
Nobody can help me? despite the updated firmware, v45 successfully installed on my DCM580 ipod and my iphone 3g on IOS5 still does not work. I disconnected the tower for 2 to 3 minutes, a hard reboot on the ipod and iphone but the problem remains unchanged. When I plug the ipod tower displays WAIT for 5 seconds and then nothing comes out or the sound of the ipod or the tour I just buzzing. The ipod loads properly on the media.

JohnniG
10-31-2011, 02:51 PM
This is weird. I upgraded the tower. It said upgrading and then done. But phone isn't working on it.... :O???

Toengel
10-31-2011, 03:29 PM
Hi,

can you verify that version 45 is installed on the tower? Also try to unplug the tower from power for 2-3 minutes and restart (hard off restart) your iPhone...

If it does not work after that, please state you exact model. We need to gather more information what iPhones/iPods do not work after the successful installation of version 45.

Toengel@Alex

JohnniG
11-01-2011, 05:26 AM
I tried to reset phone and unplug tower. No luck :( Got an iPhone 4. Tower is v45 on the display.

kwinnie
11-01-2011, 06:34 AM
Hi JohnniG & Green29860,

Can you verify if the unzipped file is with the below properties?

Name: PHILIPS_DCM580_V45_20111026.MCS
Size:697 kb
Modified: Wed, Oct 26, 2011, 10:48:36AM

Sorry I know this sounds strange to you all. But just now I try re-download a file from the web, the file is a different one (not with .MCS extension and and it's half the size the original one)

maybe we should check...

kwinnie
11-01-2011, 06:35 AM
Hi Everyone,

If anyone is experiencing any issues when trying to download the firmware upgrade or can not see the zip file please send me a private message to let me know and I will be happy to send the firmware directly to you.

Kind regards,
Cassandra

If you are not with this firmware, maybe you should approach the forum moderator to get one!

BentAndersen
11-01-2011, 09:06 AM
Hi Cassandra,

I cannot find the new firmware and when searching for DCM580 on the Philips web site I get 0 results.
Please help. Please reply to my mail address.

Best regards
Bent

Hi Everyone,

If anyone is experiencing any issues when trying to download the firmware upgrade or can not see the zip file please send me a private message to let me know and I will be happy to send the firmware directly to you.

Kind regards,
Cassandra

Toengel
11-01-2011, 09:13 AM
Hi Bent,

see: http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=DCM580/12&slg=da&scy=DK

Toengel@Alex

Green29860
11-01-2011, 09:15 AM
Hi the file and the same as your

Name: PHILIPS_DCM580_V45_20111026.MCS
Size: 697 kb
Modified: Wed, October 26, 2011, 10:48:36 AM

BentAndersen
11-01-2011, 09:28 AM
Hi Alex,

Thx. But the file is empty ??
I try to download but when trying to unzip it is empty.

Best regards
Bent

Green29860
11-01-2011, 09:31 AM
Hi Alex,

Thx. But the file is empty ??
I try to download but when trying to unzip it is empty.

Best regards
Bent

try the link
http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=DCM580/12&slg=en&scy=GB

ludodolela
11-01-2011, 09:47 AM
ludodolela, did you download and save the firmware on a mac / apple computer?

Hi Rich
No, sorry, this post is only valid for Windows. I have made several attempts (wrong version DCM 580/12 vs DCM 580/5, extract was not really extracting the file, but a fragment, ...) Finally it worked.
Config: Windows 7 64 bits, extracted with WinRAR

BentAndersen
11-01-2011, 10:08 AM
I got the file downloaded and unzipped. Size 358 KB. But inserting the USB in the DCM580 it just say NO FILE ??
What am I doing wrong ?

Bent

try the link

ludodolela
11-01-2011, 10:27 AM
I got the file downloaded and unzipped. Size 358 KB. But inserting the USB in the DCM580 it just say NO FILE ??
What am I doing wrong ?

Bent

I had exactly the same behavior. After several attempts, it worked
* Confirm you downloaded the correct version (580/12 vs 580/05). It is labelled on the dock.
* Empty the usb key, so that the file will be the only one at the root directory
* extract the file (make sure it is properly extracted, i.e. there is an extension). Try to download the file from Philips site again if corrupted
* copy the file on the usb key directly on the root

BentAndersen
11-01-2011, 10:41 AM
Thx,

It is the right version 580/12.
But I have no extension on the file ?
file name is dcm580_12_fus_eng
I have tried downloading 5 times with same result.

Bent

Toengel
11-01-2011, 11:01 AM
Hi,

you need to enable the file extensions in windows! Normally, they are not shown for known file types.

For Windows XP: http://www.fileinfo.com/help/windows_show_extensions

For Windows Vista: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Show-or-hide-file-name-extensions

For Windows 7: http://askabouttech.com/how-to-show-file-extension-in-windows-7/

Toengel@Alex

BentAndersen
11-01-2011, 11:34 AM
Hi Alex,

I activated the extension show but I still do not gt the extension ?Do I need to restart my PC ?
Bent

Hi,

you need to enable the file extensions in windows! Normally, they are not shown for known file types.

For Windows XP: http://www.fileinfo.com/help/windows_show_extensions

For Windows Vista: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Show-or-hide-file-name-extensions

For Windows 7: http://askabouttech.com/how-to-show-file-extension-in-windows-7/

Toengel@Alex

Toengel
11-01-2011, 12:04 PM
Hi,

do you now see extensions in windows? Then try to download the file again: http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/d/dcm580_12/dcm580_12_fus_eng.zip

Save it to the desktop. The file name should be "dcm580_12_fus_eng.zip" now. Then double click on it (windows has an embedded ZIP extractor). Now you should see the MCS file. Drag and drop that file to an empty USB stick.

Toengel@Alex

JohnniG
11-01-2011, 12:14 PM
I've given up. Installed both /12 and /05 several times. Hard reset, plug power off. Its just failing. I've lost all interest in philips. Spent maybe 5 hours on this now with no luck. Philips is promising things they cant keep. Im going to return it to the store.

BentAndersen
11-01-2011, 12:17 PM
Hi Alex,

Thx, downloading to desktop helped. If I downloaded to folder and then opened with winrar the extension did not show.
Music is back from the iphone, however now the charging of the iphone is not working ???

Known problem ??

Best regards
Bent

Toengel
11-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Hi,

try to unplug the tower from the power for 2-3 minutes. Also hard reboot your iPhone... I don't have more ideas.

Toengel@Alex

kwinnie
11-01-2011, 01:39 PM
hi Bent,

Yes, that's why I said the file on the website seems to have corrupted. I just sent you a PM with the SW that others have the successful upgrade before...

Can you try that one?

kwinnie
11-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Hi JohnniG,

I have sent you the file as well. Maybe you can try one last time with that file. I have done some testing today...The corruption of file doesn't matter the stroke version one has. But the country one enters...

When I tried to download that in UK website... it's corrupted and when I tried download in DE website, it's ok...
all along, I can see the web is very unstable now....

Toengel
11-01-2011, 01:48 PM
Hi,

maybe someone can post the MD5 hash of a working version.

Toengel@Alex

kwinnie
11-01-2011, 01:55 PM
i have uploaded that to an online directory... i m not sure if i can post that here with the URL to download it or not...
there are some disclaimer/ agreement message that one has to check "agree" first before downloading in the support site.... that s why i m not if i can just put it here... wud like to hear your advice...

but if someone needs the file... just leave me PM/ post here... I ll send the URL to you shortly (if i m still up... (i'm in asia that s why almost time to bed...))

Toengel
11-01-2011, 02:08 PM
Hi

to solve some misunderstandings: I downloaded all language versions of the firmware update - both for /12 and /05 version.

All are THE SAME. I checked the checksums of each file - and all have the same checksum.

ZIP (dcm580_xx_fus_xxx.zip) file:

MD5: 84369b26aae47538e26d3821a8b75745
SHA1: 55a12331c6f5e63dd1a1a3a91758c0ec72710e2c
CRC32: 32b2556f

PHILIPS_DCM580_V45_20111026.MCS file:

MD5: bfbff8ca5e6432c54b9f7c7621871542
SHA1: 336e873556c110c6875c04a5b9fe04aa805b1387
CRC32: 490615a5

You can verify your download with e.g. http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/hashmyfiles.zip

Toengel@Alex

kwinnie
11-01-2011, 02:12 PM
that will be great if the download issue is fixed!
tried many times today... sometimes a file of half the size, sometimes with an empty zip file...

hope then it's fixed.

nicktraktor
11-01-2011, 06:33 PM
OK, these are the steps I had to take:

Download the dcm580_12_fus_eng.zip file from the site.

Extract the file using WinRAR

The extracted file is called dcm580_12_fus_eng (no file extension)

Manually enter file extension .zip on the file using explorer (resulting in a file with the same name and extension as the first file - dcm580_12_fus_eng.zip)

Extract the new file (using Winzip och WinRAR).

The extracted file should have the file extension MCS (in my case the file is called PHILIPS_DCM580_V45_20111026.MCS)

Place the extracted MCS file in the root of the USB drive.

Follow the rest of the instructions.

And to Philips Support: fix this...

Toengel
11-01-2011, 06:50 PM
Hi,

if you download the file (dcm580_12_fus_eng.zip) and extract it afterwards the result should be: PHILIPS_DCM580_V45_20111026.MCS

No intermediate step. I don't know why you need to extract the file 2 times...

Short:

- Download the file (dcm580_12_fus_eng.zip) and save it e.g. to the desktop (you now have a file on your desktop which is called dcm580_12_fus_eng.zip)
- extract the ZIP file (with winzip or other extractor)
- result is: PHILIPS_DCM580_V45_20111026.MCS
- copy MCS file to root of usb stick
- upgrade DCM

Toengel@Alex

nicktraktor
11-01-2011, 07:40 PM
... But I had to extract the file twice. And since some people still seems to have issues, I thought they might give this a chance.

Heroboy
11-01-2011, 11:03 PM
Anyone having other suggestions to solve the NO FILE problem? I have tried everything I can imagine will help without any luck. I'm pretty sure my update file ain't damaged. It has exactly the same details as Alex posted earlier.

PHILIPS_DCM580_V45_20111026.MCS (DCM580/12)
MD5: bfbff8ca5e6432c54b9f7c7621871542
SHA1: 336e873556c110c6875c04a5b9fe04aa805b1387
CRC32: 490615a5

- I have tried a lot of different File Systems and formated my USB-stick several times.
- FAT32 is the only format that seems to be readable (For other files)
- My DCM can read other files from the USB device (At least .MP3)
- I have tried to restart the DCM numerous times and pulled out the cord for several hours.
- Every single thing I've tried, I have repeated numerous times

:confused:

L@rse

kwinnie
11-02-2011, 01:53 AM
- I have tried a lot of different File Systems and formated my USB-stick several times.
- FAT32 is the only format that seems to be readable (For other files)
- My DCM can read other files from the USB device (At least .MP3)

as I read through the forum, the successful upgrades are done on a formatted (with absolutely no file in it) USB. I am not sure if you put other files in the same USB while you have the upgrade...

christopher
11-02-2011, 05:49 AM
Haven't waited for Philips' fix for MAC users, I turned to my friend with a window PC for help.
Simply did the USB format using his PC, dragged in the unzipped file, plugged in my DCM for an update! It works like a charm!

If you are a bit impatient like me, I suggest you use another window PC to do the trick first!

Artek1
11-02-2011, 07:33 AM
Haven't waited for Philips' fix for MAC users, I turned to my friend with a window PC for help.
Simply did the USB format using his PC, dragged in the unzipped file, plugged in my DCM for an update! It works like a charm!

If you are a bit impatient like me, I suggest you use another window PC to do the trick first!

That seems to be the only solution for Mac users as there regrettably is no reaction from Philips Support.
Just another remark: Why is the updater put on the internet in zip format? That seems to complicate the problem(s)

christopher
11-02-2011, 08:02 AM
I thought they are looking into this. Not sure if they can have this sort or not. It seems to me that it is by hardware it needs an "empty" usb for upgrade.
Maybe a headache for them as well. Anyways, let's see how they response.

musicorso
11-02-2011, 09:19 AM

I tried this a bit differently: asked a friend of mine who works on PC to download the file for me, unzip it, and send it by mail; which he just did; I then entered directly (not even putting it on the desktop) the MCS file from his mail to my usb... to no avail!! Still NO FILE; the problem is then that I have formatted the usb previously on my Mac, of course, and obviously that formatting is not successful; I believe I'll have to go to my friend's place and format my usb on his computer...
:mad:
Thank you Philips for your invaluable help

Toengel
11-02-2011, 09:21 AM
Hi,

did you tried to remove the hidden Mac specific files on the USB stick?

Toengel@Alex

musicorso
11-02-2011, 09:35 AM
Hi,

did you tried to remove the hidden Mac specific files on the USB stick?

Toengel@Alex

Sorry, I might not be geek enough, but I don't understand what are hidden Mac specific files; the usb is of course already empty, and formatting it erases everything, as far as I know. If that's not the case, I have no idea how to do otherwise.

Toengel
11-02-2011, 09:37 AM
Hi,

the mac system writes sometimes hidden files, which you can't see.

You can find out, if some files where written on the usb stick by:

- opening a terminal
- change folder to the USB stick drive
- type in: ls -la

Toengel@Alex

Philips - Cassandra
11-02-2011, 09:45 AM
Hi Everyone,

Thank you Toengel and forum members for working together to test this software download for us. It would seem from your troubleshooting that the download from the support website is not working correctly.

This issue has been raised and currently being investigated.To resolve this issue the firmware will be removed and replaced on the website again and will not be available to download while our webteam are working on the page.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. I have a copy of the download please send me a DM message and I will be happy to send it to you.

Kind regards,
Cassandra

musicorso
11-02-2011, 09:51 AM
Hi,

the mac system writes sometimes hidden files, which you can't see.

You can find out, if some files where written on the usb stick by:

- opening a terminal
- change folder to the USB stick drive
- type in: ls -la

Toengel@Alex

Yes I remember you already mentioned that; and I tried: opening a terminal shows a window with my computer name, and no other folder, there's only one line and no way to change to the usb drive; plus i frankly don't believe an update should be so complicated, and i don't want to meddle with the OS system; I think i'll just wait, or try to format on a PC, or find an ipod not updated to ios5... or just give up and purchase a different device.
Thanks anyway

LAVIGNE
11-02-2011, 10:36 AM

Bonjour et oui il y a une solution alternative !!
Suis hyper déçue car impossible d'installer la v45 sur la dcm 580, j'ai tout bien suivi mais rien n'y fait toujours NO FILE sur la clef usb lors de sa connexion avec la tour.... bon enfin en attendant de décompresser correctement le fichier et bien j'utilise le câble jack et je mets en source MP3 et voila à moi Nova et la musique de mon iphone comme avant à la différence qu'il faut charger avec un cable blanc pendant l'écoute !!

si quelqu'un peut me transmettre en pièce jointe le fichier décompresser v45 a installer ça serait vraiment sympa !!!
Envoyez moi un mp merci bcp !!

Bonne continuation à tous,

Green29860
11-02-2011, 03:20 PM
Bonjour et oui il y a une solution alternative !!
Suis hyper déçue car impossible d'installer la v45 sur la dcm 580, j'ai tout bien suivi mais rien n'y fait toujours NO FILE sur la clef usb lors de sa connexion avec la tour.... bon enfin en attendant de décompresser correctement le fichier et bien j'utilise le câble jack et je mets en source MP3 et voila à moi Nova et la musique de mon iphone comme avant à la différence qu'il faut charger avec un cable blanc pendant l'écoute !!

si quelqu'un peut me transmettre en pièce jointe le fichier décompresser v45 a installer ça serait vraiment sympa !!!
Envoyez moi un mp merci bcp !!

Bonne continuation à tous,

Merci pour ta réponse je vais essayer. Je vais t envoyer le fichier original que j'ai télécharger directement sur le site en espérant que mon problème ne sera pas le même pour vous, le soucis ne viens pas du Firmware je les retélécharger 5 ou 6 fois en plusieurs langue donc le fichier que je vais vous envoyer et correct. pour l installation il suffit de formater la clé en fat32 sur un pc window et de glisser le fichier avec l’extension .MCS sur la clé USB vierge. d’insérer la clé allumer la tour et la mettre sur usb. laisser fair la procedure quand vois voyer marquer DONE vous pouvais éteindre la tour il faudra la débrancher et la rebrancher car après le flash la tour et buguer

Toengel
11-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Hi,

this is an international forum, so please write in english or use the google translator...

Toengel@Alex

schinkennudel
11-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thank you Toengel and forum members for working together to test this software download for us. It would seem from your troubleshooting that the download from the support website is not working correctly.

This issue has been raised and currently being investigated.To resolve this issue the firmware will be removed and replaced on the website again and will not be available to download while our webteam are working on the page.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. I have a copy of the download please send me a DM message and I will be happy to send it to you.

Kind regards,
Cassandra

First problem (download link, german File) is solved by Philips.
Second problem USB Sticks need some experience.
One Stick always shows r e a d i n g when plugged in DCM580!
It's an old 64MB stick, fat (16) or 32 could be choosen by WinXP SW, File in root, no changes.
Second Stick SanDisk 8GB DCM580 always shows n o f i l e .
After removing other files and folders , formatting (only option was fat32) and copying file to root directory of usb-stick,
Upgrade message appears immediately after plugging in stick . After few seconds done is displayed.
Leave Main power plug out a few minutes remove usb stick, start without IOS device, put in ipod, everything works.

Summery (Windows XP user; ipod touch latest version)
USB Stick & Message r e a d i n g .......... test another stick !!!
USB Stick & Message n o f i le -> stick can be prepared (format with fat/fat32)
Good Luck

Rich
11-02-2011, 08:36 PM
That seems to be the only solution for Mac users as there regrettably is no reaction from Philips Support.
Just another remark: Why is the updater put on the internet in zip format? That seems to complicate the problem(s)

This I do not understand at all as well –*why more problems using zip?

MY PROBLEM IS STILL NOT SOLVED!

Heroboy
11-02-2011, 08:50 PM
Finally made it!

I have now tried 5 different USB-sticks and numerous different formats. Some gave me continous blinking READING and nothing more, others just said NO FILE.

Then i found a realy old USB-stick, which it was possible to format into a supported format that is described in the user manual for the DCM, This little bastard did the trick.

Details regarding my USB-stick:

File system: FAT32
Allocation unit size: 512 bytes (I believe this was the setting that did the trick for me. It wasn't possible to format my newer USB-sticks like this...)

Hopes this helps!

Philips - Cassandra
11-03-2011, 01:44 PM
Hi Heroboy,

Thanks for sharing the information about what settings you used to resolve the problem you were having when trying to upgrade.

I will be passing this info directly to our tech team to confirm this for us.

In the mean time, has anyone else tried the same settings as Heroboy? Did this help to upgrade by using the exact same settings.

If anyone is still having a problem downloading the firmware from the website please get in contact with Philips - Andrea and we can send the firmware out to you.

Kind regards,
Cassandra

Finally made it!

I have now tried 5 different USB-sticks and numerous different formats. Some gave me continous blinking READING and nothing more, others just said NO FILE.

Then i found a realy old USB-stick, which it was possible to format into a supported format that is described in the user manual for the DCM, This little bastard did the trick.

Details regarding my USB-stick:

File system: FAT32
Allocation unit size: 512 bytes (I believe this was the setting that did the trick for me. It wasn't possible to format my newer USB-sticks like this...)

Hopes this helps!

Toengel
11-03-2011, 01:46 PM
Hi,

I think the main problem is, that we need an exact "guide" or "howto" for MAC USERS! Where, what and how...

It is a device for an APPLE product, so you can expect that many users are only using a MAC device!

And I think it should be not a problem for the technicans to test this combination. It should not take a week!

Toengel@Alex

LAVIGNE
11-03-2011, 02:38 PM
Hi Heroboy,

Thanks for sharing the information about what settings you used to resolve the problem you were having when trying to upgrade.

In the mean time, has anyone else tried the same settings as Heroboy? Did this help to upgrade by using the exact same settings.

If anyone is still having a problem downloading the firmware from the website please get in contact with me and I can send the firmware out to you.

Kind regards,
Cassandra

Hello Cassandra,

I'm in France and I try to install sur v45 on my sound tower but still NO FILE when i plugged my usb key so...my pb is still no resolved, if you can send me the right file extracted file it will be nice s.lavigne@planicook.com (or informe me if another update is available on you product page)
Best regards,

Philips - Cassandra
11-03-2011, 02:51 PM
Hi LAVIGNE

Please check your inbox I have sent you a private message.

Many thanks
Cassandra

Joe 90
11-03-2011, 03:38 PM
Hi Heroboy,

If anyone is still having a problem downloading the firmware from the website please get in contact with me and I can send the firmware out to you.

Kind regards,
Cassandra

I have tried every concievable option to format my 3 USB drives with no luck.

all avaliavle options within the Fat/FAT32 file size

sitll have not been able to upgrade "no File"

i have spent around 8 days an hour a day and want to smash the unit through philips offices.

Called support many times, totally usless!

" sorry we cant help I will pass this on and someone will call you back in a few days"

what kind of support is this.

I have had more help here than with any idiot at philips.

I will call watchdog tomorrow and the office of fair trading if this is not resolved
getting pissed off now needs to be resolved asap

Sloaneml
11-03-2011, 06:24 PM
Hi all,

I was patiently awaiting a fix for my for this issue and thankfully it arrived roughly a week ago.
However I am having a new issue. Since I've updated the new firmware the tower will randomly recognise and unrecognise the iPhone 4 while playing.
This will also happen when I connect the iPhone initially and I will need to disconnect it from the dock and try reconnecting it a few times until it stays connected. (by this I mean constant charge and plays music) I have triple checked to make sure new firmware is v45. I had no problems doing the first install. I've disconnected the tower for a long period as I was on annual leave this last week so no need for me to re-disconnect.

Anyone else having similar issues? Annoying when you are listening to something and phone disconnects randomly.

And Ive clerked to make sure phone was connected correctly.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Mike

Green29860
11-03-2011, 06:47 PM
Hi all

firmware and the pits! No problem to update the firmware of my DCM580/12 well as V45 but now my IPOD 3 4 IOS, my ipod my iphone 3G 4 IOS5 ios5 still does not work! it's worse than before! at least before my ipod 3 IOS4 work! Now nothing works! Help give me a link to the firmware
V43 V44 version or better yet a 46! Philips is not I buy a product to let in decoration in my house! sorry to say it but move you ass!

musicorso
11-04-2011, 07:32 AM
Hi Heroboy,

Cassandra

Which means the tech team had not read Philips' description of the settings infos written in their user manual; instead, it relies on forum members to come with new ideas on how to solve the problem, and is only capable to urge us on patience.

Rich
11-04-2011, 09:50 AM
This ist just incredibly stupid. I will never buy any thing from Philips again. Probably will ban Apple too!

Philips - Cassandra
11-04-2011, 10:07 AM
Dear all,

We would like to clarify the current situation of the DCM580 firmware upgrade. There are two issues that our technical team is currently working to resolve.

1st Problem: There are some technical issues in our web system. The downloaded file will be corrupted and below message will be shown after unzipped.

Short Term Solution: Please send a private message to Sound forum Moderator Philips -
Andrea. We will then send out the firmware directly to you until downloads are working on the Philips support page.

2nd Problem: If the USB flash drives are formatted via Mac OS, some hidden files and folders will be created and cause the failure of firmware upgrade. For the PC users, it is no problem to format the USB flash drive.

Short Term Solution: We would recommend the Mac users to format the USB flash drive via Windows PC & Please follow the latest firmware upgrade procedure.

We hope this helps to clarify the issues you have been experiencing and provide a temporary solution to help resolve this for you.

We will update you on the issues as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Toengel
11-04-2011, 11:11 AM
If the USB flash drives are formatted via Mac OS, some hidden files and folders will be created and cause the failure of firmware upgrade.

Hi,

I'm sooo good :-) That is what I wrote some days ago ;-)

However, that does not explain why some users are NOT able to use their iOS devices even if the update worked! Also sometime the update worked, but the charging does not work anymore.

Toengel@Alex

pascalH
11-04-2011, 01:18 PM
Hi,
I am facing the same problem that other people.
Every time i plugged my usb key to upgrade my dock I have got NO FILE message.
Note my key is fat32, with only the included file in zip file was written on this key and FRENCH zip file had been downloaded (on a PC).
So, could you please send me the right extracted file or give the right solution.
Best regards,
pascal.hays@laposte.net

pascalH
11-04-2011, 01:19 PM
Hi,
I am facing the same problem that other people.
Every time i plugged my usb key to upgrade my dock I have got NO FILE message.
Note my key is fat32, with only the included file in zip file was written on this key and FRENCH zip file had been downloaded (on a PC).
So, could you please send me the right extracted file or give the right solution.
Best regards,
pascal.hays@laposte.net

Rich
11-04-2011, 01:25 PM
Hi Cassandra

Even more frustrating: a friend (windows pc user) of mine downloaded the firmware from your site, saved it on his oldest usb stick, which he previously FAT-formatted –*and it still says NO FILE on the DCM device.

Something is very wrong here!

Joe 90
11-05-2011, 01:05 PM
Hi Casendra,

I'm hot sure you realise there are a lot more problems out there than you are willing or perhaps even know about.

Both myself and at least 3 on my friends are experiencing the same issue we are unable to upgrade our units.
We are all pc users who work in the IT support field and between us have followed both your instructions and any other
suggestions on this forum we each have also contacted philips who have been useless and offered absolutely no
help whatsoever.

We are unable to upgrade our units because the software is either wrong or the instructions are.

If you are in doubt send an engineer to my home and get him to get the unit working with the published software.

If he can I will pay upto £1500 in costs for his time if he can't you pay me for waisting my time for every hour I have wasted

Mariachi
11-05-2011, 01:45 PM
hello cassandra

please be so kind and send me also your support program for dcm580/12!
i have the same poblem as many here in the forum.
thanks

MichNET
11-05-2011, 07:53 PM
Hello.

I have the "No File" problem.
Please send me or give me a link to correct firmware.

TIA
MichNET

MichNET
11-06-2011, 06:31 AM
Hi!

1. First download file dcm580_12_fus_aen.zip from website.
2. unpack it using external program ie 7-zip
3. file extracted dcm580_12_fus_aen has no .zip extension change it to dcm580_12_fus_aen.zip
4. unpack file once again to PHILIPS_DCM580_V45_20111026.MCS file
5. quick format pendrive with fat32/16
6. place on the pendrive !!!!!ONLY!!!!! this file. (any other file or folder will generate NO FILE probem)
7. place pendrive in the DCM580 chose USB ... wait for uprgrade ;)

Greetings
MichNET

freddygutti
11-06-2011, 10:40 AM
Hello
i have the same probleme with iphone 3GS ios5.
I think i found the solution, after trying everithing....
Download the new firmare V45 on USB after format Fat 32.
Inser USB, Upgrading the nex firmware on CMB580. After a while you'll see DONE.
Donn't turn off the DCM. Wait 5-10 minutes.
Unpluged the DCM 5 minutes.
Turn on the DCM 580, listen Fm radio station awhile 3 minutes ...
Then , Plug your Iphone, DCM select automatically the IPHONE/IPOD and the Music Sound works again .... pump up the volume it was a long time . !!!!!!
It's working ! For me ... I hope for all of you to !

Joe 90
11-06-2011, 11:37 AM
Hi!

1. First download file dcm580_12_fus_aen.zip from website.
2. unpack it using external program ie 7-zip
3. file extracted dcm580_12_fus_aen has no .zip extension change it to dcm580_12_fus_aen.zip
4. unpack file once again to PHILIPS_DCM580_V45_20111026.MCS file
6. place on the pendrive !!!!!ONLY!!!!! this file. (any other file or folder will generate NO FILE probem)
7. place pendrive in the DCM580 chose USB ... wait for uprgrade ;)

Greetings
MichNET

So the extracted file name is incorrect my one extracts as "dcm580_05_fus_eng"
You are saying completely rename to "PHILIPS_DCM580_V45_20111026.MCS"

Toengel
11-06-2011, 11:51 AM
Hi,

the problem is, that other extraction programs than WinZIP/the windows integrated ZIP (e.g. 7zip or WinRAR) cannot extract the original file correctly...

MichNET wrote, that the need to extract the file TWICE. But after the first time, the extension was missing, so he added ".zip" at the end.

Toengel@Alex

Joe 90
11-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Instructions in English for all of those who are not technical.

Main problem philips instructions are all wrong so do not read!

The problem is the file is zipped twice! Yes that's right 2 times

Follow this one line by line, I have changed a few things

Here we go!

1. First download file dcm580_12_fus_XXX.zip from website. "XXX denotes the region eng, aen what ever your region is"
2. unzip file should look like this "dcm580_12_fus_XXX dcm580_12_fus_eng in my case
3. file extracted dcm580_12_fus_XXX has no .zip extension and needs to because it is still zipped.
simply add ".zip to the end it like this "dcm580_12_fus_eng.zip" nothing else.
4. Unzip the file once again you will notice the name changes to somthing like "PHILIPS_DCM580_V45_20111026.MCS"
7. place pendrive in the DCM580 chose USB ... wait for uprgrade

this finally worked for me no thanks to philips just all of you gus here so thanks.

Hope this helps all of you others with the same problem

Toengel
11-06-2011, 12:06 PM
Main problem philips instructions are all wrong so do not read!

The problem is the file is zipped twice! Yes that's right 2 times

Hi,

that is not true.

I just downloaded "dcm580_12_fus_aen.zip " and I could extract "PHILIPS_DCM580_V45_20111026.MCS" with the Windows integrated ZIP extractor without any problems.

Also, I could extract "dcm580_12_fus_aen.zip " with 7zip (version 9.20) without any problems. No need to extract 2 times the file!

What extraction program did you use?

Toengel@Alex

Toengel
11-06-2011, 12:30 PM
Hi,

@Mac users

Maybe you can try the following: http://www.emergingtechs.com/posts/prevent-ds_store-and-trashes-creation-on-usb-drives/

The program "FinderCleaner" seems to may fix the problem. However, the linked website seems to be vanished. So try to google for that program.

Toengel@Alex

Dr.Soidberg
11-06-2011, 02:01 PM
Hello there...

I have upgraded my DCM580 ( after a lot of issues I figured out at last!!!, that the .zip file was compressed twice as some of the others here has ) Very bad Philips!

Second: I upgradet to the latest firmware that Philips claims is working with the latest OS.5 for Iphone.

but...

IT DOESN'T WORK AT ALL !!!!, I have also rebooted the Iphone as Philips said. Still NOT working.

WHAT TO DO?? Help me out, or I will claim back my money and return the DCM580 to the store.:mad:

Joe 90
11-06-2011, 02:34 PM
Hi,

that is not true.

I just downloaded "dcm580_12_fus_aen.zip " and I could extract "PHILIPS_DCM580_V45_20111026.MCS" with the Windows integrated ZIP extractor without any problems.

Also, I could extract "dcm580_12_fus_aen.zip " with 7zip (version 9.20) without any problems. No need to extract 2 times the file!

What extraction program did you use?

Toengel@Alex

It is possible that some or the regions are different I was using win zip, pk zip and also tried with windows 7 the same applied.

If yours works lucky you, I have reproduced this on 4 different pcs with various operating systems and also upgraded 4 units now for friends.

All I can say is if you do not get the file you need extract rename with.zip and re extract this applies to Pc's only as not tried on macs

Hope this helps

Toengel
11-06-2011, 02:40 PM
Hi

Joe, can you please post the link from where you download your file (which needs to extract 2 times)?

Toengel@Alex

Joe 90
11-06-2011, 02:44 PM
Here you go
http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/eula.pl?slg=ENG&ctn=DCM580/05&dct=FUS&link=/files/d/dcm580_05/dcm580_05_fus_eng.zip&new_tmpl=1&mode=inpage

I am not the only one who had the same problem many other people had this problem I just re wrote it to help others understand what was needed to be done

Page link

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?slg=en&scy=gb&mid=Link_Software&ctn=DCM580/05

Toengel
11-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Hi,

that is really, really strange - I downloaded the update from the both links above. Both can be extracted. No need for a second extraction...

Maybe somewhere a broken update is located in some proxy servers...

Toengel@Alex

Dr.Soidberg
11-06-2011, 03:02 PM
Someone got OS5 working with Iphone on the DCM???

If so, please advice what to do to make it work. I have updated firmware and done everything. But still, the DCM cannot play anything from my IPhone.

According to the strange .zip files. Well, there's something fishy there. Because, when I downloaded the firmware yesterday I had to decompress it twice. ( I downloaded it several times ).

Today, I downloaded it again, and I din't have to compress it twice. Maybe philips have changed the file to a correct one this time. It was the english version if you wonder.

well,.. nothing worked anyway. I still can't playing my Iphone music.:mad:

Toengel
11-06-2011, 03:13 PM
Hi,

did you power off your DCS for 5 minutes (unplug power cord)? Also hard reboot of your iOS devices? Try also to close all apps before pluggin in the iPhone to the DCS.

Toengel@Alex

Joe 90
11-06-2011, 03:13 PM
Hi,

that is really, really strange - I downloaded the update from the both links above. Both can be extracted. No need for a second extraction...

Maybe somewhere a broken update is located in some proxy servers...

Toengel@Alex

Hi Toengel you are right I downloaded it again today and only needed extracting once! I looked at the files the and they are different so philips have been crafty an uploaded an amended file thanks for the input

Dr.Soidberg
11-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Hi,

did you power off your DCS for 5 minutes (unplug power cord)? Also hard reboot of your iOS devices? Try also to close all apps before pluggin in the iPhone to the DCS.

Toengel@Alex

Yepp, I've tried EVERYTHING!, Also tested the solution a few lines above here. Listen to radio for 3 mins etc. I thought it was a loooooong shot but I had to test. But,... nope. Not working.

Joe 90
11-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Yepp, I've tried EVERYTHING!, Also tested the solution a few lines above here. Listen to radio for 3 mins etc. I thought it was a loooooong shot but I had to test. But,... nope. Not working.

What does it say no file?

Are you using mac or pc

Have you download the file again seems to have chaged over last few days I downloaded it again today and it did not need unzipping twice

What is the name of he extracted file

Is the USB empty and formatted in fat format

Michelle Foley
11-06-2011, 10:18 PM
Hi Cassandra , i have tried all of the suggestions to no avail. can you mail me firewarm please.
Michelle

Dr.Soidberg
11-07-2011, 05:31 AM
What does it say no file?

Are you using mac or pc

Have you download the file again seems to have chaged over last few days I downloaded it again today and it did not need unzipping twice

What is the name of he extracted file

Is the USB empty and formatted in fat format

Hey,..

I'm using PC, windows XP. There is no problem to update the DCM580. I have the new firmware installed. And I have OS.5 installed on my Iphone. I have also made an hardboot on the phone 3GS. I belive that Phlips new firmware version doesn't support iOS5 completly.

Cassandra: If you have a working firmware for iOS5. Please let us know ASAP!

Toengel
11-07-2011, 06:53 AM
Hi,

I have the feeling that there exists more than one hardware revision of the DCM580... some work correctly with the new firmware, some not...

Toengel@Alex

LAVIGNE
11-07-2011, 07:53 AM
Hello,

After many many tries, always NO FILE, maybe Philips should give us the file unzipped for upload the firmware, maybe it's the zip who are the pb. I stay with my mp3link it's nice but for the loading iphone I need a white link too, too many link around the sound tower.... hope to have a solution, best regards.

Michelle Foley
11-07-2011, 11:25 AM
I am using a PC (windows vista)

Philips - Andrea
11-07-2011, 12:01 PM
Dear @Mariachi, @Bäsu (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/member.php?5223-B%E4su) and @Michelle Foley please check your inboxes as I have sent you further information with regards to the download.

Many thanks,
Andrea

pascalH
11-07-2011, 12:25 PM
Hello Andrea or Cassandra,

I posted a message last week as lot of people regarding the problem we are facing (mine is "NO FILE" when the usb key is read). This problem last for a long time now. I do not understand why !!! The problem looks like very clear and I can't imagine you don't have ressouces to fix it.

So, please, let us know what is the plan and especially when you will be able to give us THE solution. We all are waiting for your answer. Thanks for your help.

Best regards

Pascal

Philips - Andrea
11-07-2011, 02:54 PM
@pascalH

Please check your inbox for further help with the download.

Kind regards,
Andrea

Philips - Andrea
11-07-2011, 03:14 PM
@Rich please check your inbox as I have sent you further info.

Many thanks,

Andrea

Green29860
11-07-2011, 03:35 PM
Hi
I'am French

counsel phillips just got a phone today V45 improvement should be available within a week

pascalH
11-07-2011, 04:15 PM
@pascalH

Please check your inbox for further help with the download.

Kind regards,
Andrea

Hi Andrea,

I just checked my inbox (and spam too) but nothing from you.?????

Best regards

Pascal

Michelle Foley
11-07-2011, 04:18 PM
I have just downloaded the software from the mail from Andrea and no file message came up but I had to format my USB and download it again and it worked a treat. Thanks again for all your help Andrea..

Michelle Foley
11-07-2011, 04:23 PM
Hi Andrea,

I just checked my inbox (and spam too) but nothing from you.?????

Best regards

Pascal

At the top of this page Pascal there is a purple bar and under it you wil see private message if you click on that you will see the message from Andrea

nesarajah
11-07-2011, 04:26 PM
Hej andrea ,
Can I get the firmware for the 580/12 ?
thanks email is philips@nesarajah.com

please hurry, not having the sound dock is like murder...

Kiran

nesarajah
11-07-2011, 04:27 PM
does anyone have a solution to the mac issue ?
i tired deleting all the hidden files via terminal but still no avail

pascalH
11-07-2011, 04:40 PM
At the top of this page Pascal there is a purple bar and under it you wil see private message if you click on that you will see the message from Andrea

Oups. Thanks. I checked my private email. I will ckeck tonight.

Pascal

nesarajah
11-07-2011, 04:47 PM
could i get a forward of the file please ?

Michelle Foley
11-07-2011, 05:09 PM
https://rcpt.yousendit.com/1277761226/e192f01f68b619062b9ac2cfaaf2bb5e?cid=tx-02002208350200000000&s=19105

nesarajah
11-07-2011, 05:14 PM
thanks will try it now xoxox

Bäsu
11-07-2011, 05:38 PM
Hi Andrea

I downloaded the file.
Formatted my usb with fat, copied the file, still NO FILE.
Than formatted my usb with fat32, copied the file, still NO FILE

With this stick, the system recognized a mp3 song, but not your file i downloaded:
PHILIPS_DCM580_V45_20111026.MCS (698 KB size).

What can we do?
Thanky for your feedback.

tim.snoek
11-07-2011, 06:23 PM
Hi Andrea

I downloaded the file.
Formatted my usb with fat, copied the file, still NO FILE.
Than formatted my usb with fat32, copied the file, still NO FILE

With this stick, the system recognized a mp3 song, but not your file i downloaded:
PHILIPS_DCM580_V45_20111026.MCS (698 KB size).

What can we do?
Thanky for your feedback.

MAINTENANCE / CHANGES / ANOUNCEMENTS:
07-NOV-'11: Due to persistent problems in the data center, the content deployment to the Philips support website (P4C) is suspended since the beginning of week 1144.
The last content update to P4C has been on Saturday October 29 at 12:00 CEST. Everything uploaded after this time, like SW updates, leaflets, FAQ's, etc., is currently not available on the Internet.
This also explains the problems with the DCM580 SW downloading (corrupted file).
We apologise for any inconvenience and try to solve it ASAP.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Bäsu
11-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Hi Tim
It menas, the file I downloadet from Andrea is corrupted tile?
---- Dear @Mariachi, @Bäsu and @Michelle Foley please check your inboxes as I have sent you further information with regards to the download. Many thanks, Andrea ---

Thanks for your feedback
Bäsu

tim.snoek
11-07-2011, 08:34 PM
Hi Tim
It menas, the file I downloadet from Andrea is corrupted tile?
---- Dear @Mariachi, @Bäsu and @Michelle Foley please check your inboxes as I have sent you further information with regards to the download. Many thanks, Andrea ---

Thanks for your feedback
Bäsu

I don't know if the file came originally from the P4C website, then it is possible that it is a corrupt file\image.