Philips - Remko
10-13-2011, 10:24 AM
V1.35 software release for related Product Models:

• BDP5200/05
• BDP5200/12
• BDP5200/78
• BDP5200/79

V1.35 includes the following changes:

· Upgrade Facebook application in NetTV.
· Improve playability on ‘HBO Eastbound and Down Season 2’.
· Improve playback operation on rental movies from online video stores via Net TV.
· Remove an unwanted screen saver when playback ‘.mkv’ files from USB flash drive.
· Enable Videociety online video store via Net TV in Germany and Austria.

The former firmware version includes the following changes:

· Solves the issues with VideoCity VOD service. (v1.31)
· Fixes the issues found on the following Blu-ray discs: (v1.31)

o HBO True Blood Season 3, unintended graphics in the Bonus feature menu Trueblood lines.
o Sherlock Holmes, intermittent narration in Live screening feature.
o Jumanji, unable to select subtitles from the Subtitle list.

· Also fixes the following issues: (v1.31)

o BDP auto exit to VOD main page when perform fast forward during buffering.
o Screen Saver is activated after 15-20 mins playback of mkv file in HDD.

· Added a ‘Fast Wake-up’ feature. It allows your player to wake up much faster from power standby. After software upgrade, go to ‘Setup’ then ‘Preferences’ to enable this new feature.(v1.16)
· Enable ‘Smartphone Control’ feature. Now, you can use your smartphone (i.e., iPhone, iPod Touch and Android phone) to be a remote control of your player. You can download the app ‘MyRemote’ from AppStore for Apple devices or App Market for Android devices. (v1.16)

· Fixes the following issues: (v1.16)
o Improve playback in CatchUp TV Services:
§ ‘Uitzending Gemist’ for Netherlands
§ ‘ATRE’ service for Germany & Austria
o Improve playback in VideoStore Services using ASF streams:
§ ‘VIDEOLAND’ for Netherlands
o Correct display information of the local display on the player.
o Enable a online video store service - ‘Videociety’ in Germany.

Kindly download the software at www.philips.com/support

rtoonen
10-14-2011, 09:48 AM
I installed the update today and noticed that it could not find the WIFI device anymore. I recall it was looking for a WIFI USB device.
So I turned the player off but that did not work. Then I disconnected it from 220V for 3 minutes and it worked fine again (after entering the SSID and Password again). Also had to register again at Philips to have internet access.

Boydycx
10-20-2011, 11:07 AM
I'm having the same problem as rtoonen.
It no longer finds the files on the computer and will not let me set up a new wifi connection :(

Oscar
10-20-2011, 12:31 PM
Hi Boydycx,

But did you try the same as what Rtoonen did also. Did you unplug your device and plug it back again?

Rtoonen got it solved and as far as I can see in his comments it is all ok.

Regards

Boydycx
10-20-2011, 01:59 PM
Hi Boydycx,

But did you try the same as what Rtoonen did also. Did you unplug your device and plug it back again?

Rtoonen got it solved and as far as I can see in his comments it is all ok.

Regards

Yes I unplugged it for 30mins and if I go and try and set a new wireless(wifi) connection it freezes and needs to be powered down.
Any idea how I can return to the old software Oscar?

Oscar
10-20-2011, 02:32 PM
Somebody needs to have the old FW.........anybody??

Strange though this happened. Did you try to install the V1.35 again?

Regards

rtoonen
10-20-2011, 06:37 PM
My BDP5200/12 is working fine. I do not have the old firmware.
Maybe it got corrupted. You could try to download the software again and reinstall?

Toengel
10-28-2011, 08:07 AM
Hi,

a new firmware has been released or re-released today...

@Philips
Can you post the changelog / changes.

Toengel@Alex

Jos1973
10-28-2011, 10:05 AM
A few days ago I tried to update the firmware from version 1.16 to the current one (1.35) by selecting the "Network" upgrade option in the Advanced settings menu. The progress bar remained empty for at least 8 minutes so I pressed "Annuleren" (Cancel). Why no progress?

The network is a wireless one in my case, I tried Net TV before and it worked, so I have internet access via my Blu-ray player. Any thoughts on this matter?

Oscar
10-28-2011, 10:27 AM
Do the update via USB, I could not mange with my 8000 so did it likes this...

Oscar
10-28-2011, 10:29 AM
looks like the change log is the same for this one

Toengel
10-28-2011, 10:48 AM
Hi,
the changlog is dated to the old release... so I don't know if this is the same firmware (with a small bug fix) or a new release...

Toengel@Alex

Jos1973
10-28-2011, 10:58 AM
Hi,
the changlog is dated to the old release... so I don't know if this is the same firmware (with a small bug fix) or a new release...

Toengel@Alex

Hi Toengel@Alex,

I did a file compare of the current release with the download from a few days ago. The files are exactly the same. Moreover, it does not seem to matter whether you download the dutch, german or english zip file, the BDP_5200.bin file in the zip is exactly the same.

@Philips, please correct me if I'm wrong.

kwinnie
10-28-2011, 11:04 AM
to my knowledge, the firmware will only be different when the version number is change... this happens quite a few time as i can see that the firmware is re-uploaded or something... but to my guess... it's uploaded with the firmware release note, if the release note change.... the firmware ll likely be shown as updated on the same day...

and for firmware... it only matters the /version, language doesnt matter to the file...usually /12 and /05 share the same firmware and the other /versions, like /78(brazil), /93 (china), /98 (asia) will be of another firmware...

so just to make sure the /number is correct, the language is not that important in Blu-ray FW case...

Toengel
10-28-2011, 11:07 AM
Hi,

but the question remains - why was it then re-uploaded?

Toengel@Alex

kwinnie
10-28-2011, 11:08 AM
no idea :confused: to my observation, it s sometimes, very minor change in the release note...

Philips - Remko
10-28-2011, 11:35 AM
Hi Alex,

The only difference is that another stroke version got added. No other changes were made.

Regards,

spitfire
12-21-2011, 05:34 PM
Does the USB function on the 5200/12 support .srt subtitles?

Toengel
12-21-2011, 10:32 PM
Hi,

this should work: movie.avi + movie.srt (same name) and then you can activate the SRT by pressing the subtitle key on your remote...

Toengel@Alex

furkan
12-30-2011, 05:06 PM
hi,
i wanted to buy one 5200
but i heard that subtitle size is 22punto and sometimes it can not be enughf
so when the philips is fix this problem in firmware??
i think changing subtitile size is very usefull options for us
beacuse i had sony dvd player and i have the same problem with it..the subtitle size is very small and it is very hard to read on tv.
so i dont wanna do same mistake again..

kwinnie
01-04-2012, 06:30 AM
hmmm i think it depends on the srt file itself or the disc itself?

Chrissie18
01-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Hi!

Just bought this 3D player yesterday because I didn't want to mud around with a PC blu-ray player and specific player software for 3D and because it was onlt 95 euro and I must say I'm already pleased with it. I also own a 9705 Philips TV and the integration with the remote is quite a positive evolution from the multiple remotes on the couch... ;)

I only have some strange things:
It came with version 1.00 firmware and as soon as I plugged in the network cable, the player would freeze after a couple of seconds.
After upgrading to 1.35 this morning this has been resolved.
Only it refuses to do anyhting when I select 'Browse PC'.
The TV also supports the Browse PC and that works fine...

Also NetTV indicates that certain 'apps' are no longer available and will be removed (e.g. Videoland), but they continue to be visible and again: the TV also has these apps (probably because both are linked to the same Club Philips account) and here they work correctly..

Does anybody know a possible solution to these issues?

Thanks in advance!
Chris

Toengel
01-05-2012, 05:02 PM
Hi,

I also have apps on my BDP which are not working but on my TV. So the BDP also said that they will be removed, but in the end they were only be crossed out...

Toengel@Alex

Chrissie18
01-05-2012, 06:20 PM
Hi,

I also have apps on my BDP which are not working but on my TV. So the BDP also said that they will be removed, but in the end they were only be crossed out...

Toengel@Alex
Hi Alex,

Jup they are crossed out.
But does the browse PC work for you?

Chris.

Toengel
01-05-2012, 07:42 PM
Hi,

never tested the DLNA feature... ;-) I only plug in the USB HDD directly to my BDP/TV... still waiting for HMP7000 or HMP8000 ;-)

Toengel@Alex

neilski
01-06-2012, 10:40 AM
Browse PC works perfectly for me.
Mine's a /05 model with v1.35; it also worked fine on the original firmware, which I think was something v1.1x ish.

Philips - Remko
01-09-2012, 09:12 AM
Hi Chrissie18,

On your PC, in the DLNA media server software (such as Windows Media Player 11 or higher),
you need to set:

a) Share my media to this player (see “Help” document in the media server software).
b) Share files or add files to the library (see “Help” document in the media server software)

Regards,

Chrissie18
01-09-2012, 08:22 PM
Hi Chrissie18,

On your PC, in the DLNA media server software (such as Windows Media Player 11 or higher),
you need to set:

a) Share my media to this player (see “Help” document in the media server software).
b) Share files or add files to the library (see “Help” document in the media server software)

Regards,

Hi Remco,

Thanks for the help, but the PC simply doesn't show the player...
When I look at the Network (Win7) it does show the TV as Media Device, but the BDP is displayed under 'Other Devices':

When selecting Media streaming options, it also does not show the BDP:

Could it be related to the fact, that when I first instaled the player it would continuously would freeze one or two seconds after I've plugged in the network cable? I had to pull the powerplug to get it back to life again, but froze again after the network cable plugged.
This disappeared after the upgrade from 1.0 to 1.35..

I'll call the support desk later this week, but if there's any obvious thing I've overlooked, I'm open for suggestions!
I've called them earlier last week and they suggested TVirsity, as this should have been easier to setup, but that also only shows the TV (And other PCs)...

Greets,
Chris.

Chrissie18
01-13-2012, 02:51 PM
Just called Philips support again and this time was the first it didn't really help. Maybe the first day on the job.. ;)

Actually I've kinda narrowed the browse PC problem a bit down:
The Player doesn't really like it if you're network consists of multiple switches:
I've disconnected everything from my main networkrouter and reset it (disconnected from main and waited 5+ minutes).
Then connected the blue-ray and turned on the (wireless) laptop with TVersity.
Now it could find both the windows AND the TVersity media player (but still unable to 'push' audio/video from the laptop: should this be possible?) and it could play some video's.
one or two 'server disconnected', but I'll put that under the 'wireless G connection issues'.

Now I also connected and plugged in my additional switch and turned on the WHS connected to that, and lo and behold: the blue ray freezes..
Disconnected the switch, needed to pull the plug on the player and reset to fact defaults and then it worked again. Also after turning off and on repeatedly the TV + player.

Now I've added my additional switch (so I can connect my bluray as well as my TV) and everything seemed to go ok, untill I started playing a video. Now the screen is frozen with the little 'waiting bar with balls'. actually, even the balls don't move...

The strangest thing is that the TV - which is a year or so older - doesn't seem to mind all the switches and keeps happily on playing all the stuff I browse to.

I've also run wireshark on the laptop and there are a lot of TCP RST packets between the normal communication after connecting via the switch and the last one before completely frezing is also a RST.
The laptop tries some Discover commands, but gets 'Destination unreachable (port unreachable)'

Will try again, with just the player connected to the switch (so disconnecting the TV)..

Chris.

Chrissie18
01-17-2012, 09:00 PM
Think I found the problem: The player does not like my Switch.
The crazy thing is that everything worked until I connected the switch to the ADSL modem/router. Even if I disconnected every other device from the switch and unplugged/replugged the power before connecting it...?!?

So to be clear: the player is not connected to this switch, it's just a switch to connect all the equipment on the first floor.

And now I cannot even watch 'Thor 3D' without the player locking itself... :mad:
While I just watched The Dark Knight without any problems yesterday.

Chris.