PDA

View Full Version : BDP9600 Latest Firmware upgrade (V1.60) has been released

Philips - Remko
10-13-2011, 09:38 AM
System Software Version: 1.60

Fixes the issues found on the following Blu-ray discs:
o HBO True Blood Season 3, unintended graphics in the Bonus feature menu Trueblood lines.
o Sherlock Holmes, intermittent narration in Live screening feature.
o Jumanji, unable to select subtitles from the Subtitle list.

Add VideoCiety online video store service in NetTV

Add on-screen keyboard in NetTV for easier and better navigation.

Add Tuneln FM in NetTV.

Kindly download the software at www.philips.com/support

Fernweh
10-16-2011, 07:29 AM
Thanks.

Unfortunately I have some issue with this version.

- Restart hangs:
Restart does not work after the new firmware was updated. It shows "RESTART" forever on the front panel without doing anything more. Pressing the power button switches off and on. Version number says 1.60.

- No VideoCiety:
There is no VideoCiety inside Net TV after the update (but I have it on my PFL9705, so it should work in Germany). Reseted to factory settings but still no VideoCiety.

- German translation:
No German translation for the on-screen keyboard.

Pacman
10-17-2011, 10:50 AM
Will test this later on tonight and see what happens

Keep you up to date

Bye

Pacman
10-18-2011, 09:13 AM
Hi,

For the restart (I asume) you mean, stop and then play again I have no problem at all and if you mean resume then either no issue. They both work ok.

Indeed saw there is no VideoCiety available but also have that on my TV so that is strange.

For the on screen keyboard it is there in only English, have tested various different countries settings etc but only Englsih available...Mean at the end of the day it is so easy to understand that this should not be an issue

Bye

Philips - Remko
10-20-2011, 07:09 AM
Hi users,

Thanks for your feedback on our newest firmware.

For the VideoCiety service, regrettably, due to some technical issues this cannot be released currently. We are working on this and will update you on the progress.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Regards,

Toengel
10-20-2011, 03:52 PM
Hi,

I noticed 2 things:

1.) the changelog was changed: videociety was removed (I think due to Remkos comment above)

2.) Today my BDP9600 started without the background image (the blue "wave" image). Only a blue (one color) background was there. Then I started to play a BD and after some BD-commercials the blue background was there again and nothing more happend. I restarted the device and after that the player was OK again.

Toengel@Alex

Fernweh
10-23-2011, 04:42 PM
With 'Restart' I mean:
After the update process finished, a dialog says that the player will be restarted. Now the player tries to restart, displaying 'Restart' on the front panel of the player. While displaying 'Restart', nothing more happens, even after a long time. The player does not restart but hangs.

Toengel
10-23-2011, 04:50 PM
Hi,

do you had a disc inside during the update?

Toengel@Alex

Fernweh
10-23-2011, 08:18 PM
No disc, of course, as written in the instructions.
I updated by USB Stick.

kwinnie
10-24-2011, 02:18 AM
i guess you have plugged the power cord and tried restarting it, Fernweh, no?

Fernweh
10-24-2011, 06:37 AM
Why should I (un-)plug the power cord?
While it hangs, I pressed the power button on the front panel and the player shut down.
Pressing the power button again let the player start up with 1.60.

Pacman
10-24-2011, 06:38 AM
Ah ok, I did not see this problem after doing the upgrade. Indeed unplug the device and see what happens....

kwinnie
10-24-2011, 08:36 AM
that s indeed good enough to power off it. I m just thinking your player hanged up and did not respond to any commands...
glad that it then start up with 1.60//

tom2415
10-25-2011, 11:44 AM
suggestions/wishes for the firmware:

.) make Onscreen- (Display-) Menu either more transparent (with less opacity) or smaller
e.g. "options" > "picture settings" > "personalised" - here the menus cover the live-image too much

.) separated Remote Codes for "PowerOFF" and "PowerON" should be added
(this might be attractive for all Harmony-Users, since PowerToggle only switches)

.) fix crash problems in "NETtv" (unfortunately there are still crashes on occasion)

.) having the possibility to scroll upward the long list in the On-Screen-Menu "options" would be great
(e.g. to get faster to the "picture settings" - command)

thanks
tom

kvic
11-02-2011, 02:08 PM
I downloaded and upgraded through USB. The player just refused to recognize there is new firmware.

Considering the changes in 1.60. Forget about it. I never bother again.

Piece of crap.

brunoland
11-07-2011, 12:45 PM
With 'Restart' I mean:
After the update process finished, a dialog says that the player will be restarted. Now the player tries to restart, displaying 'Restart' on the front panel of the player. While displaying 'Restart', nothing more happens, even after a long time. The player does not restart but hangs.
Same here...
Second time was OK.

I wish this is the only problem. Now my player is not usuble!! I can't play any video or music without any voice pauses every second or two.

How can I downgrade to previous version?

kwinnie
11-08-2011, 05:05 AM
Hi brunoland:

1) do you hv a disc inside when upgrade?
2) what do you mean by "unusable"?
3) does unplugging the power cord and reconnecting that again helps?

brunoland
11-08-2011, 06:38 AM
1. No.
2. unusuble mean, that I can not watch any movie or listen to any music, because every second or two picture and sound stopa (freezes) for a moment.
3. No.

kwinnie
11-08-2011, 07:31 AM
I will see if I can get you the downgrade FW... maybe I have that in my hard disk...

kwinnie
11-09-2011, 02:19 AM
hi brunoland, I have sent you the FW file via PM. :) please check

brunoland
11-13-2011, 08:48 AM
hi brunoland, I have sent you the FW file via PM. :) please check
HI!
Thank you very much! I will try if my problems are solved and will report back!