PDA

View Full Version : YouTube Leanback: too slow!

CarecaIII
10-15-2011, 12:58 PM
I Report two problems on 32PFL7606H fw Q5551_0.14.76.0:

1. Sometimes when I use NetTV, the TV switch off by doing a little crackling sound. I happened 4-5 times in all since I have the TV (1 month). What is it depend?

2. Youtube has become unusable with the latest firmware. In fact it was introduced YouTube Leanback: nice, too bad it takes pictures at a resolution that wireless (g) can not stand. It is always nerve-wracking making the buffering of a video display. Even using the pause trick to fill the buffer is of little use because the buffer is small.
How to solve? Is it possible downgrade?

Thanks to those who answer me.

Bye

Dudusat
12-01-2011, 09:16 PM
laenback horrible
must return to the same old version

CarecaIII
12-01-2011, 10:01 PM
And how?

Corneel
12-02-2011, 09:22 AM
Dear CarecaIII,
I do not see the issues you are having. I’m using a 32PFL6606H/12 over Wifi with a PTA01 dongle. I have a cheap ADSL internet connection with a 39 euro Netgear router.
Al videos play fine. When I search for “HD” in YouTube I can playback all the movies without interruption.
The first listed Big Buck Bunny 1080P video plays fine. It has stunning quality although I think YouTube automatically scaled it back to 720P to be able to play it seamlessly within my network.
Still a huge improvement toward the old YouTube version that always scaled-down the HD content.
I conclude that the weak link in your situation is not YouTube leanback, but your network.
Although requirements are not very demanding it seems time for you to upgrade your network to match the innovations in your TV.

CarecaIII
12-02-2011, 02:07 PM
Yes Maybe depends on my network, but Leanback is horrible.
Why play a video when it starts?
is very difficult to do a search and does not have a hystory of old search.
It is much worse than the previous version.

thanks

Bye