PDA

View Full Version : New on Net TV: MeteoNews

Philips - Mark
10-18-2011, 06:55 PM
Weather app for Europe. (Can be aligned to your local city).

All countries & all devices.

bta
10-18-2011, 10:37 PM
Hi

- take long to load
- some videos seem not to start - I cancled it because I don't want to longer
- in my german setting there is Mannheim listed and I can't delete it
- try to add Munic by zip code what was not possible
- add Munich by Name what works
- even Munich is added I can't delete Mannheim

in principal is a good service and from my first impression it seem better that the weather services that where avaliable for Germany so far.

Regards
Bta

ahasver
10-19-2011, 03:36 AM
Looks very nice, but other weather services on NetTV (at least 2 of them) are more useful for me.

The optically Aero look is cool, but seems the application is still instable. Or they're adjusting the service. And loading may be dependent of Internet connection.
Indeed slow load but not so very slow like rtv. Videos did take half a minute to start.
Second following tries did take a bit faster...

But typing exit key leaves not only the application but NetTV.

Running a video I did type stop key the video stops but parts of the application crash... Similar adding a weather location. But next time I started it did't crash anymore...

My start location was "Neuhausen", could be the part of Munich? Adding an other suburb name of Munich seemed to work too and shows only 1 difference in temperature... May be they look in a bad IP-geo-location database ...

bta
10-23-2011, 06:49 PM
Hi,

one Bug of the service is, that the settings I made not stored.
1.) I make my personal settings at MeteoNews.
2.) Bring the TV in standby (takes some minutes until the tv is in standby)
3.) Start the TV and wait some minutes until network services are started in background
4.) Start MeteoNews and all settings made in 1. are gone

regards
bta

PS: 40pfl7605h/12 @ 140.40

miro9000
02-05-2012, 08:40 AM
Dear Philips, how can I change the dafault city ? Actually Zararagoza (default city for me) is 200 km far from Madrid (my city).

Erikrijnders
02-05-2012, 10:26 AM
Yes, In my case it doensnot work either to change the default. te temparature shown on the top when you open SmartTV is not correct

Constantinos19
02-06-2012, 04:43 PM
LOL thats Philips

Toengel
02-07-2012, 07:47 AM
Hi,

at the moment, this app is unusable on 2010 TVs - some parts are not loaded and I cannot change anything.

Also it is VERY annoying, that the video starts automatically!

Toengel@Alex

tuby
02-08-2012, 10:06 PM
Hi,

I confirm that there is no way to persistently replace the (useless) default city with the one I live in.
This leads to a wrong temperature on the top of the net TV screen.
In addition, ZIP code search does not work at all.

So, it is a pity that a so good idea is currently only a buggy "beta" application!

Ciao!

tuby

bta
02-08-2012, 10:48 PM
Hi,

Ahasver http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/member.php?1337-ahasver and myself have complained about this problems shortely after the Service has launched.
My conclutions:
Either the developers nor philips test the service by there own.
Even when the users do the job that others have missed no reaction or bugfix.
Hmm, why we are reporting bugs?

Enjoy your TV, it's fun!
bta

Toengel
02-09-2012, 07:37 AM
Hi,

we can send also feedback via the blue feedback button within the new SmartTV portal... ;-)

Toengel@Alex

smart
02-09-2012, 11:12 AM
Hi,

we can send also feedback via the blue feedback button within the new SmartTV portal... ;-)

Toengel@Alex

Right, I did that for the issues with the MySpass App. You can give feedback, but you won't get response. You can't give a mail address or similar. So you won't know, if you have given enough information, if the feedback is read, ...

Of course, one can see an improvement, once the issues are fixed, but you won't know when they are fixed. You can only poll, if there is a change.

In my particular case of MySpass, I sent feedback via SmartTV portal, I posted in the forum, I sent a mail to MySpass. I did not get any response. I tried again to use the app, but it did not work. Not sure if I want to poll longer, or if I just say to me, this is a nice showcase, something for technical interested people who want to play, but nothing for daily usage...

Maybe an app which lists known issues and gives some basic information, that it is worked on, would be good. Then one would know, that feedback xyz is recognized and that one might expect an improvement or not.