PDA

View Full Version : BDP9600 problems

FlyinMozart
10-19-2011, 08:17 AM
Hi, just bought my first philips product. Loved the spec of the 9600. But software has been giving me headache, I have updated the firmware to 1.6 and still...

First off I have a problem with my remote the button disc/pop up doesn't eject the disc, a friend of mine who bought the same player has this problem as well.

The player tents to crash alot when using net TV, often need to re-start a couple of time within an hour of usage. The screen during play would distort to those green/ purple noise.

Navigating thru the player's menu and access to disc,usb & DNLA is very slow and laggy.

Wifi signal isn't sensitive in picking up signal. when I am in my bedroom with a stable wifi signal of 3-4/5 bars on my iphone or macbook. The 9600 display only 1-2 bar signal and then couldn't connect to net tv.

Wifi works when signal is strong but when connecting LAN line it it could access net tv stating philips server not detected...weird

I am using the player as a a cd source for my hifi stereo & home theater system, everytime I turned on the player my tv turns on as well. I am aware of the is HDMI-CEC connection but is there a way to disable it without disconnecting the HDMI cable?

Even when using the HDMI-CEC controls from the tv's remote it can only navigate the 9600's main menu not net tv or USB ?

Philips iphone's app " my remote" can't work on 9600 which is the flagship model??

Overall it's a good quality player with excellent sound / Vision re-production just hope that the software supporting it could be better.

Thanks

Toengel
10-19-2011, 08:49 AM
Hi,

you can eject a dics by pressing the STOP button for 3-4 seconds.

Toengel@Alex

FlyinMozart
10-19-2011, 10:00 AM
Great! It works thanks Toengel, that's one problem solved. Any idea what the disc/pop up button for on the remote?

Toengel
10-19-2011, 12:45 PM
Hi,

what does the manual say?

Toengel@Alex

KongKM
11-25-2011, 04:14 PM
I had my BPD9600/98 player working fine for two months plus, today I notice my BLURay region self change from A to B, it cannot play the A region disc. this play will hang occasionally. Anyone encountered this problem? any solution without send it in to service centre.

KongKM
11-29-2011, 02:59 AM
HI Philips Service Center, any solution for the region change, where can I down load the old software version to change the BLURay region back from B to A & C.

maumau
12-01-2011, 09:14 AM
Any idea what the disc/pop up button for on the remote?I have BDP8000. The "Disc/Pop up" button is related to Disc "menu" and Pop Up "menu", not the disc expulsion.
It's written in the manual.
This button works only with compatible blurays, not all.

kwinnie
12-02-2011, 03:47 AM
KongKM,
your problem solved yet?

KongKM
01-02-2012, 02:38 PM
Hi Kwinnie
The region problem is solve by changing one of the PCB.
The player software upgrade to 1.60, but still have problem, it can not play the AVATAR BD, the player hang easily.

Hi Philips Service Centre,
Any new software to solve the easily hang and some BD title can not be played problem?

kwinnie
01-03-2012, 10:16 AM
Hi Kwinnie
The region problem is solve by changing one of the PCB

sorry, am not quite familiar with this word: PCB
would u mind to explain more?

kwinnie
01-03-2012, 10:18 AM
i read some older posts on avatar, it said someone has to wait for about a mins to 7 mins... :confused: i know this is quite confused, but maybe just waiting somewhat longer.
if that's not work...maybe you can let the Philips guy know your EAN

KongKM
01-03-2012, 02:49 PM
PCB = printed circuit board, it is the digital converter card.

kwinnie
01-04-2012, 03:36 AM
i see so the best way is still going to service

KongKM
01-04-2012, 12:46 PM
I am able to start the AVATAR one after ten minutes of waiting in three tries (it mean I took half an hour to start the show, the counter stop at 00:08 and 00:12. it is very bad for name of the Philips product if we demo the AVATAR show to friend and relative during the coming New Year gathering. in this case we may need to get a second BLU Ray DIsc player as a standby set.

kwinnie
01-05-2012, 02:28 AM
leave the EAN to them to see if they can check if there s any issue :)

KongKM
03-23-2012, 02:28 PM
After three months enjoyment, the BDP9600 faulty again, now no picture. BD HDMI totally no output.

Toengel
03-23-2012, 02:34 PM
Hi,

try to connect via the yellow ouput and make a factory reset...

Toengel@Alex

KongKM
03-23-2012, 03:24 PM
Hi,

try to connect via the yellow ouput and make a factory reset...

Toengel@Alex

Thank Toengel,
Can not work, it look like the hdmi chip set faulty, audio from hdmi destorted and no video output, will send to service centre tomorrow, thank again for you repeat help.