PDA

View Full Version : BDP5100/12 Standby mode freeze

Jayzon
10-20-2011, 01:34 AM
I just yesterday got my BDP5100/12 player. It is connected via HDMI to a Philips 37PFL5405H Full HD television. As the instruction manual suggested, I updated the firmware of the Bluray player to the latest version (1.57).

However, now whenever my Bluray player is turned on, and I want to turn it off by pressing the power button either on the remote or the device itself, the player goes into "Standby" mode, and stops reacting to anything. When it's in "Standby" mode, it stays that way, no matter how many times or for how long I press the power button, or any other button for that matter. The only way to break this is to remove and reattach the AC cord. Then the Bluray player once again responds to both the remote and the buttons on the device. But whenever the power button is pressed, it's permanent "Standby" mode again.

This is really, really frustrating. Any suggestions? :(

Jayzon
10-20-2011, 08:59 AM
I also noticed that after the firmware update my BD player also freezes when I try to read a USB stick on it. So downgrading the firmware isn't an option, at least via USB.

Is there any way to reset the firmware to factory settings?

sithantonio
10-20-2011, 12:11 PM
Is my case too. I had to downgrade the firmware to version 1.31 with a DVD-R.

Jayzon
10-20-2011, 12:29 PM
Is my case too. I had to downgrade the firmware to version 1.31 with a DVD-R.
So you were able to downgrade via DVD-R? I tried burning the older firmware version on a CD-R, but it didn't work out... But on a DVD-R it can be done?

sithantonio
10-20-2011, 01:12 PM
Try with a DVD-R or a DVD-RW, should work. Of course, extract the folder "UPG_ALL" and burn it. And extract before the usb stick.

With version 1.31 the standby works well (the bd player turns off) , but not have the improvements of the version 1.57.

Jayzon
10-20-2011, 11:27 PM
Thanks a bunch, guys! I was able to downgrade to 1.31, now my player works just fine! Let's just hope that the next patch doesn't have the same issue anymore...