PDA

View Full Version : problem with 3D subtittle

karlo1971
10-20-2011, 09:31 PM
Hello to everyone,
sorry for my english but i will try to explain what kind of problem do i have with 3D tittle.
i have brand new Philips 47pfl7606h and when i connect my external hard thrue HDMI to TV ,Philips doesn't recognize 3D movies in mkv.file and srt.file (subtitle)
when i try to connect my Mac thrue HDMI to Philips everything is ok with a 3D picture (side by side) but i have a problem with subtitles (subtitles are streched on a two side).
I was download a new firmare for Philips and still have a same problem . all of my friends who has a TV of other brands (panasonic,samsung...) doesn't have any problem with that.
Anybody help please ....
Many thanks:confused:

petasis
10-20-2011, 09:58 PM
The problems with the subtitles, is in the player. You have to configure the player in the mac to properly handle the subtitles as side by side.

karlo1971
10-20-2011, 10:29 PM
any idea what kind of player should i use???
i using VLC player

sngbcn
10-21-2011, 08:01 AM
hi Karlo,

1) Your HDD media player is the one that is playing the files when you connect via HDMI not the TV, so if the MKV is not recognized you should contact the manufacturer.

2) subtitles in 3D split screen (side-by-side or top-buttom) need to be "fixed". This tool can help you do it:

3d-subtitler (http://3dvision-blog.com/tag/3d-subtitles/)

Regards,

karlo1971
10-21-2011, 09:39 AM
Hi,
1) i don't have problem when i connect my Mac direct with TV with mkv. files , only when i connect external hard direct in Philips Tv
2)sorry but i can't download 3 d subtitler for Mac , already tried that
Many thanks

sngbcn
10-21-2011, 10:12 AM
Hi Karlo,

In your first post you indicated that the connection between HDD and TV was via HDMI.

Is your TV updated with the latest sw? Normally support for external subtitles has been activated.

Can you describe exactly what happens when you plug the HDD via USB? Is the mkv not recognized? Can you activate subtitles or not? If yes, do you see the subtitles in 2D mode?

Regards,

Philips - Thomas
10-21-2011, 10:18 AM
Hey Karlo,

If your external HDD is connected via HDMI, this HDD works like an Media Player on its own, there needs to be an Media Player in the HDD. Why this one does not Display Subtitles is unknown to me.
You should contact the Vendor of this Player.

However, what sngbcn wrote is also true, we activated Subtitle Support if you connect an USB Stick or a HDD the TV is able to Display Subtitles if the TV has the latest FW installed.
This only applies if the connection between the HDD and the TV would be USB!
HDMI is completly different, if connected the HDD itself is reponsible on what will be shown and how.

Regards
Thomas

karlo1971
10-21-2011, 10:05 PM
Hi sngbcn,
first of all thanks for trying to help me about problem with 3d subtitles, i really appreciate that.

i made little mistake :) i tried to tell you that i connect external HDD via USB to Philips not via HDMI , sorry for that-Philips doesn't recognize mkv. and srt. file at all.I updated latest sw.

My biggest concern is why can't i see normally subtitle in 3D movies when i'm connected with Mac via HDMI to TV , like i said , there is no way to download 3D subtitler program to Mac.

karlo1971
10-21-2011, 10:31 PM
Hello Thomas ,

i tried again to connect USB stick to Philips and Philips can't recognize mkv.file and srt. file at all.i instaleted latest FW , don't know what to do.
Sorry for taking your time.
Best regards

Toengel
10-22-2011, 09:56 AM
Hi,

what do you mean with "can't recognize mkv file and srt". Are these files not listed in the USB view or do they not play? If the not play, please see the supported codecs list (same as 2010 models): http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?1067-Supported-CODEC-overview-for-ALL-models-(TV-HTS-and-Blu-ray)

Toengel@Alex

karlo1971
10-22-2011, 01:13 PM
Hi,
i finally made it , USB can recognize mkv and set file but only 2D movies.My USB is formatted on MS-DOS(FAT 32) and when i want to put 10 normal movies (each around 2 mb) it's not a problem but when i want to put one movie in 3D (around 10 mb) it can't and says :"The item “RESIDENT_EVIL_3D.1080p.Half-SBS.3DRIP.FromSpace.mkv” can’t be copied because it is too large for the volume's format"
I checked my USB and he is larger then movies.
Many thanks

karlo1971
10-22-2011, 04:31 PM
Oh i forget it , when i try to change USB format to MAC OS Extended (Journaled) i CAN PUT 3D MOVIES to USB but Philips 47PFL7606H doesn't recognize him at all :((

Toengel
10-22-2011, 04:57 PM
Hi,

for large files you need to format your HDD with NTFS.

Toengel@Alex

karlo1971
10-23-2011, 11:06 AM
Ok Toengel i will try
Many thanks

karlo1971
10-23-2011, 10:05 PM
Hi,
when try to format my HDD to NTFS it says :

Tuxera NTFS could not mount /dev/disk1s1
at /Volumes/KARLO-STICK because the following problem occurred:

CBCIO activated with:
cp.fildes=3
cp.blockSize=524288
cp.items=32
cp.mode=1
cp.flushInterval=1000
Did not receive a signal within 15.000000 seconds. Exiting...

Toengel
10-24-2011, 07:40 AM
Hi,

try to go to somebody who has Windows running and format the disc on this Windows PC.

Toengel@Alex (Toengel@Alex)

sngbcn
10-24-2011, 09:55 AM
Hi Karlo, toengel.

Formatting the HDD in NTFS on a windows PC and try to use it on a MAC will not work, as MAC can only Read but not Write on an NTFS memory.

@Karlo, I don't see an easy solution for your compatibility issue, maybe a Windows emulator for MAC where you can install the 3D subtitler app?

Regards,

karlo1971
10-24-2011, 05:09 PM
Hello to everyone,

i did it on windows (formatting to NTFS) and i try to watch 3D movies . i having six 3D movies and i enable to see only 2 movies , 4 can't recognize my Philips.Unbileviable , i loosing my patience with Philips...

Philips - Thomas
10-24-2011, 05:28 PM
Hi

If you want to play movies directly via the USB Port of the TV you need to make sure your Videos does fit the capabilities of the TV:
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?1067-Supported-CODEC-overview-for-ALL-models-(TV-HTS-and-Blu-ray
Use the 2k10 TV Series for an Overview.
You can check your Video Files on your PC with the Tool "mediainfo"

Regards
Thomas

karlo1971
10-24-2011, 05:39 PM
Hi sngbcn,

i was try to connect my HDD directly to TV , like i said , from 6 3D movies TV can recognize only two

karlo1971
10-24-2011, 05:56 PM
to be honest Thomas i don't know how to do this :)

Toengel
10-24-2011, 07:17 PM
Hi,

download the tool mediainfo (mediainfo.sourceforge.net). Open the videos which does not work and compare the codec information with the list (the link from Thomas).

Toengel@Alex

sngbcn
10-25-2011, 07:59 AM
hi Karlo,

From what I''ve seen on the forum the most likely reason that some MKV files won't plays is that the audio track is encoded with DTS, Philips TVs don't support such format and therefore the file is not played. Easy way to know is to look at the file name, most encoders put the video codec and audio codec after the movie title:

Avatar.1080p.DTS.AC3.DUAL.Bluray.2009.mkv

The above file has a DTS audio track and also a Dolby (AC3) track, the TV in this case won't play back the file as one of the tracks is not supported and also you cannot choose a different audio track through the TV's options menu.

Regards,

karlo1971
10-26-2011, 07:05 PM
thank you Toengel and sngbcn