PDA

View Full Version : Play music from mp3 player on pc doesn't work

NickA
10-20-2011, 11:07 PM
Hi guys,

I want to connect my player to any pc and just play music from it; problem is that in Windows Media Player I can't set the library to the mp3 player device; it only plays 1 file when I doubleclick on that file and I can't add any others to the playlist of Media Player.
For everything it seems that I need songbird. (which is terrible :-( )

I also have an usb connector in my car and when I connect it; it doesn't show any files; probably for the same reason as when connected without Songbird. :-(
Selecting 'Charge & Transfer' doesn't help either.

How can I use the mp3 player so that it is seen as a storage device which I can select files from to play?
Any suggestions?

The File System in Windows says 'Generic Hierachical'; could this be the cause (because it's not FAT32)?
May I format it as Fat32?

Thanks,
Nick

kwinnie
10-21-2011, 07:53 AM
can you try in the window explorer... it s like you access the files in your USB stick.
if you really dont wanna use Songbird, maybe you can select all the files in the window explorer view and then drag all the files to the WMP? FAT32 shouldnt be a prob I think...

for your car USB connector case... i think that should be ok to charge it right? just not be able to get through music to the car audio device?
it should be able to charge and play, but just the sound come from the player?

NickA
10-24-2011, 08:00 PM
can you try in the window explorer... it s like you access the files in your USB stick.
if you really dont wanna use Songbird, maybe you can select all the files in the window explorer view and then drag all the files to the WMP? FAT32 shouldnt be a prob I think...

for your car USB connector case... i think that should be ok to charge it right? just not be able to get through music to the car audio device?
it should be able to charge and play, but just the sound come from the player?

Thank you for you reply Kwinnie.
I tried dragging multiple files to WMP from Windows Explorer; but when I drop them in the list it just doesn't get added.
When I do the same action with mp3's from on one of my Harddrives; then it does work correctly.
So it's purely when doing actions from the MP3 player.

Any other ideas?
May I format the memory in the player to FAT32; via the Windows Explorer?

Thanks,
Nick

kwinnie
10-26-2011, 10:31 AM
hi Nick,
sorry for my silence for the past few days. just havent been reading for few days...

this is quite strange for me, or maybe i dont understand the problem thoroughly enough. but these are my steps and it works fine with my gogear muse 3:

If I have misunderstood your question, let me know.

kwinnie
10-27-2011, 05:15 AM
hi Nick,
Received the notification email related to this topic and then when I clicked in, it disappeared. :)
Just to come back on this, if you can see for example just one song in your player in WMP, it just maybe the format is not supported for the rest of the songs by the WMP.
As in my screenshot in the above PDF file, in my case, FLAC cannot be viewed through WMP