PDA

View Full Version : DS9000 and IOS5 problem

ltwltw
10-21-2011, 04:53 PM
I uploaded my iphone to ios5. After that it does not well with DS9000 docking station. The sound became too loud. I have to turn the volume down by a lot every time I dock in. When I undock from the station, the phone ringtone and music sound become way too soft, I have to turn the volume up to normal again.

DS9000 does not behave like that before I upgrade to ios5. It will take over the volume and keep it at reasonable level whenever I dock my iphone. There no need to drastically change the volume manually.

Is the firmware needing some upgrading to make it compatible to ios5?

kwinnie
10-24-2011, 03:41 AM
hi ItwItw, it s more a ios 5 issue as far as i can see... i guess in long term, you better adjust the volume on your iPod n keep it at a lower volume then...

ltwltw
11-17-2011, 02:32 AM
I would tend to think that DS9000 does not work well with IOS5. Moreover, the problem does not occur on my another docking station.

Also, I realized another problem, that is not only the volume of the music player, but the volume of the ringer is now channeled through the docking station. So a normal ringer volume will sound super loud on the docking station. So loud that my neightbour can hear it clearly.

In summary, anyone with IOS5 iphone should NOT buy DS9000, or avoid Philips docking station altogether until they test it out in detail.

kwinnie
11-17-2011, 05:24 AM
what i suggest is that:
* you do not need to change anything on your iphone and your ipod. (no change on volume/ ringer volume etc)...
* try to press the "-" on your device (DS9000) to fix the volume at that level.
* then it wont be too loud when you just play the music from your iphone & wont be too loud when your phone rings.

is this possible in your opinion?

Paradiddle
11-17-2011, 09:45 AM
Hi ltwltw,

What are the volume settings like on the DS9000 & the other dock you've used? Perhaps the other dock is not so loud in general or is turned down compared to the DS9000? :confused:

ltwltw
11-23-2011, 02:29 PM
what i suggest is that:
* you do not need to change anything on your iphone and your ipod. (no change on volume/ ringer volume etc)...
* try to press the "-" on your device (DS9000) to fix the volume at that level.
* then it wont be too loud when you just play the music from your iphone & wont be too loud when your phone rings.

is this possible in your opinion?

Pressing "-" key will only reduce music player sound, ringer sound will remain loud

ltwltw
11-23-2011, 02:39 PM
Hi ltwltw,

What are the volume settings like on the DS9000 & the other dock you've used? Perhaps the other dock is not so loud in general or is turned down compared to the DS9000? :confused:

Just tested another philips dock, DC315. No such problem as DS9000.

dimon
12-13-2011, 06:52 AM
I would tend to think that DS9000 does not work well with IOS5. Moreover, the problem does not occur on my another docking station.

Also, I realized another problem, that is not only the volume of the music player, but the volume of the ringer is now channeled through the docking station. So a normal ringer volume will sound super loud on the docking station. So loud that my neightbour can hear it clearly.

In summary, anyone with IOS5 iphone should NOT buy DS9000, or avoid Philips docking station altogether until they test it out in detail.

You are wrong. It is a problem of iOS5.

I have Bang & Olufsen docking station and after update from iOS4 to iOS5 I found that my iPhone 4 plays rings and alerts (alarm, sms, etc) through docking station with volume that I set up in my iPhone (maximum). And, unfortunately, decreasing volume on the docking station doesn't help.

Now there is only one way to use docking stations with iPhone 4 under iOS5 with comfort - decrease ringing volume on iPhone before using it with docking station. But often after it I forget to increase ringing volume back and miss incoming rings & sms :(

Philips - Andrea
12-13-2011, 10:50 AM
Hi Ltwltw,

I uploaded my iphone to ios5. After that it does not well with DS9000 docking station. The sound became too loud. I have to turn the volume down by a lot every time I dock in.

Sorry to hear about the problems you are having with the volume of your dock.

In this situation I would like to suggest some troubleshooting before I can determine the issue:

When you are docking your iPhone, please make sure that any other apps running in the background (other than Fidelio app) are closed.
Please also try performing a hard reset on your iPhone - please hold down the sleep/wake button and the home button together until the display goes black. It will then re-boot itself.
Please try the above tips and let me know how you get on, also please let me know if this only happens on certain tracks etc too. Thanks.

Kind regards,
Andrea

ltwltw
12-14-2011, 04:10 PM
Andrea,

I am quite amazed why you asked me to try these. I am quite sure Philips can access to an iphone easily. And if you really want to troubleshoot this problem, that's what I would suggest you do:

1) Take an iphone, run a few apps. Set the ringer to max. Dock the iphone. Get another phone to call this iphone. See if if it is extremely loud. Then closed all other apps in the background on the iphone, repeat the same process above.

2) Now do a hard reset on that iphone, repeat the same process again. You can tell if it fixes the problem.

You can do all these troubleshooting at Philips without involving customers.

Regards,
ltwltw

dimon
12-14-2011, 04:19 PM
I am quite amazed why you asked me to try these. I am quite sure Philips can access to an iphone easily. And if you really want to troubleshoot this problem, that's what I would suggest you do:

Hm... When you come to oculist and he ask you to spell letters on the board, you suggest him to spell it himself? :)))

ltwltw
12-14-2011, 04:20 PM
You are wrong. It is a problem of iOS5.

I have Bang & Olufsen docking station and after update from iOS4 to iOS5 I found that my iPhone 4 plays rings and alerts (alarm, sms, etc) through docking station with volume that I set up in my iPhone (maximum). And, unfortunately, decreasing volume on the docking station doesn't help.

Now there is only one way to use docking stations with iPhone 4 under iOS5 with comfort - decrease ringing volume on iPhone before using it with docking station. But often after it I forget to increase ringing volume back and miss incoming rings & sms :(

Dimon,

Thanks for the info about B&O. But I actually don't care if it is IOS5 problem or Dock problem. I only know that now they don't work well with each other any more.

In other words, if you have iphone, don't buy Philips and B&O dock. Conversely, if you have Philips or B&O dock, don't buy iphone (which does not make any sense at all).

So either Philips or B&O need to fix the problem in their firmware, or they need to join forces to convince Apple to fix their next release of IOS, so that iphone and dock can work together again.

Regards,
ltwltw

dimon
12-14-2011, 04:23 PM
So either Philips or B&O need to ... convince Apple to fix their next release of IOS, so that iphone and dock can work together again.

I agree with you, but customers should help them to locate this problem.

ltwltw
12-14-2011, 04:31 PM
Hm... When you come to oculist and he ask you to spell letters on the board, you suggest him to spell it himself? :)))

Very funny, but I think your analogy does not apply here. If I tell a car mechanic that a car of a certain model having a certain inherent defect, the mechanic can easily test out a car of the same model in his workshop to prove the case without going back to customer. If he goes to the customer directly, he is assuming that it is customer problem, which the customer cannot agree unless there is substantial proof.

By the way, how about you do a hard reset on your iphone, and see if the problem with B&O dock goes away?

Philips - Andrea
12-15-2011, 08:43 AM
Dear Ltwltw,

I appreciate that the steps I asked you to try are basic, however as there are few consumers affected by this issue I need to find out exactly how you are using your iPhone and dock to determine the possible cause.

I can understand that the issue is frustrating and I would like to reassure you I will look into the issue for you. However, I would need the information to help the process.

Are you able to advise me accordingly, also are you running iOS 5 or are you running iOS 5.0.1 on your iPhone 4?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

Andrea

peterekeberg
12-15-2011, 09:04 AM
Hello
I have exactly the same problem!
I use an Iphone Ios 5.01
Best from
Peter

peterekeberg
12-15-2011, 09:11 AM
Hello again
Now it wont even charge or start the music!
When i put the iphone in the dock with music on - the musicplayer runs but the sound mutes.
Strange!
Best from
Peter

ltwltw
12-15-2011, 03:54 PM
Andrea,

Problem existed in IOS5. Upgraded to 5.0.1, problem remains.

I removed all background apps like how you suggested, problem does not go away.

By the way, I tried two iphones and one ipad2, all having the same problem, very loud ringer, alert and alarm sound.

One more info for you. Before IOS5, it used to be that the volume indicator of iphone built-in music player disappears once an iphone is docked. After IOS5, the volume indicator stays even after the phone is docked.

I am surprised to hear you saying that only few consumers experience this problem. Simple question for you: do you have iphone and DS9000 in your workshop? Do you see the problem of overly loud ringer sound channeled through the dock? Can you not replicate the problem at all in your workshop or lab?

...........ltwltw

ltwltw
12-15-2011, 04:03 PM
Hello again
Now it wont even charge or start the music!
When i put the iphone in the dock with music on - the musicplayer runs but the sound mutes.
Strange!
Best from
Peter

Peter, you may want to try to clean the iphone charging socket. Sometimes it happened if there are dust or lint accumulated inside, blocking the connection.

peterekeberg
12-15-2011, 08:52 PM
Hello again.
Nice thought but it is the same problem with ipad2 with ios 5.01?
But when i unplugged the system from 220 volt this afternoon in about five minutes and connected it again - It worked just fine again!!!!

There must be another solution to this!
/Peter

dimon
12-20-2011, 06:00 AM
By the way, how about you do a hard reset on your iphone, and see if the problem with B&O dock goes away?

Yes, I did, but it doesn't help.
I wrote to B&O support, they found that it's iOS5 issue and told me that Apple should solve it.

When I tried to convince them that it is their problem too, they answered:

We must say that we are not able to do anything from here.
Try and contact Apple through their ".com" website - write an e-mail, as you did to us.

It'sv an answer for customers who spent $1000 - $1500 for their docking stations!

Dear Philips, don't repeat this mistake :)

Philips - Andrea
12-21-2011, 10:23 AM
Dear Dimon,

Thank you for sharing your experience. Please be assured that I will forward your feedback, along with ltwltw's to our development team so they can look into this also.

Kind regards,
Andrea

dimon
12-21-2011, 10:36 AM
Thank you, Andrea!

nestor1022
02-10-2012, 12:02 PM
Andrea,

I have the same problem but w/ a different dock, mine is DC315 8W. I am running IOS 5.0.1 and since ios 5 the dock its not working.
I hope you have something to fix it. Thanks.

Regards,

ltwltw
02-14-2012, 07:11 AM
Andrea, we have not heard from you on this topic for a long time. Do you have any update?

eliseee
02-27-2012, 08:16 AM
with the same issue on my DS8550.
i m using iphone 4S with iOS5.0.1 indeed

called philips and they said since my device 8550 is 2010 product and it's not quite upgradable (same case as 9000 i suppose)... hence, nth we can do...

now i just live with it as it s of some price...
but it really scares me up every morning.

Beech
03-08-2012, 07:40 PM
Dear Dimon,

Thank you for sharing your experience. Please be assured that I will forward your feedback, along with ltwltw's to our development team so they can look into this also.

Kind regards,
Andrea

And how is it today, with an upgrade to iOS 5.1 ?

Philips - Remko
03-09-2012, 08:32 AM
Dear users,

Thanks for your queries for iOS5.1.
We are currently testing the compatibility of iOS5.1. We will update immediately when more concrete information is confirmed.

Thanks & regards,
Philips Moderation Team

ltwltw
03-11-2012, 02:03 PM
Dear users,

Thanks for your queries for iOS5.1.
We are currently testing the compatibility of iOS5.1. We will update immediately when more concrete information is confirmed.

Thanks & regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Remko, do you see the same problem in your testing of IOS5 previously? After several months, I'm sure you already have the test result from you lab. Kindly share with us.

Fyi, I updated to IOS5.1 but same problem still exists.

stylefront
03-14-2012, 05:38 AM
I have only just taken delivery of a brand new DS9000 - and disappointed that is doesnt work AT ALL - with my iPhone4 running iOS5.1. I of course havent tried it with previous software versions as i have only just taken delivery of it.

I have tried it with an iPod that hasnt been updated and it works perfectly.

I have spoken to Philips - who said 'your best bet is to ask for a refund'. This is NOT the service i am asking for - i travelled over 2 hours to collect this item, and the best they can advise is 'get a refund'.

This product is actively promoted by Apple - yet doesnt appear to have been included in any compatibility tests for 5.x.

I have tried everything - using the 'app' not using the app, closing all apps, hard resets - it is definately a software issue. FYI it works fine via the AUX connector, although then i cant charge or use the remote.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Pacman
03-14-2012, 10:06 AM
Looking at the comments on the 9th they are investigating it so lets wait and see......

ltwltw
04-10-2012, 06:16 AM
Remko, it has been a month since you started investigation. Any update?

Philips - QK
04-10-2012, 06:42 AM
Dear users,

Yes, the compatability testing has been completed and we found that iOS5.1 is compatible with most of our 2010 docking speakers, including DS9000. This volume issue with DS9000/ 8500/ 8550 seems to have been solved with iOS5.1.

As for my own experience, I am no longer surprised for its sudden loud ringer volume nor alarm volume. In case if you still experience this volume issue with iOS5.1, please contact us again. Thanks a lot.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

ltwltw
04-11-2012, 02:21 PM
Mine doesn't work, still surprised by loud ringer. I am using 3GS IOS5.1 and DS9000. Any other users tested out? Pls comment.

ltwltw
04-17-2012, 01:03 AM
Am I the only one that is still having problem with surprising loud ringer and alarm?

kwinnie
04-17-2012, 02:15 AM
may I know which vol level that you are using?

ltwltw
04-19-2012, 02:54 AM
before dock
music vol level ~80%
ringer vol ~80%
reasonable level for daily usage

after dock
dock auto switch music vol to 25% - reasonable level
ringer vol did not get auto switch, so stay at 80% - super loud

We need either ringer vol get auto switch or does not channel to speaker when docked.

It was ok before IOS5.

ltwltw
04-19-2012, 03:00 AM
QK,

Does Philips has several version of DS9000? Which version are you using to do the compatibility test? there is a possibility that my DS9000 could be an older version, and newer version has no such problem. Kindly comment.

Philips - QK
04-19-2012, 04:04 AM
Dear ItwItw,

What you mentioned can also be the reason. I have sent you a PM to obtain more information from you. Kindly check your inbox.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

ltwltw
05-11-2012, 04:28 PM
QK, I have sent you the relevant info for some time but have not seen any response from you. Kindly check your inbox.

Philips - QK
05-14-2012, 04:02 AM
Hi there,

I am afraid I couldn't receive your PM with the relevant info. Do you mind send it again to me?

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Philips - QK
05-18-2012, 01:46 AM
Hi IwtIwt,

I have forward your case to country consumer care. We would like to obtain some information from you. Could you please checking the inbox PM?

Thanks a lot,
Philips Moderation Team

Philips - QK
05-22-2012, 04:01 AM
Dear ItwItw,

Thanks for your infomation sent. Noted from the country consumer care collegue that they will follow up your case in country level.
Let us know in case you need any further help from us.

With thanks & regards,
Philips Moderation Team

dimon
05-22-2012, 11:51 AM
Hi guys!

Could you tell me - does anybody know when this issue will be solved?
Did anybody speak with Apple?
Did they admit this issue?

Regards,
Dmitry

dimon
05-22-2012, 11:54 AM
3 of 4 my devices became useless with my docking station after update to iOS 5 and last iOS 5.1.1 update still didn't help :\

Philips - QK
05-23-2012, 08:42 AM
Dear dimon,

Like ItwItw, we would like to see if this can be handled in country level. Could you please check your inbox as we would like to obtain some info from you?

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

ltwltw
06-08-2012, 05:28 AM
Just to keep everyone updated.

I submitted the unit to Philips Customer Care. We tested it using iphone with IOS4 and IOS5.1 for easy contrast. The problem immediately became clear. They will need some time to resolve this. I will keep everyone posted once it is resolved.

ltwltw
07-19-2012, 02:46 AM
Hi QK, country level Philips Customer Care needs your help. Please check PM.

....ltwltw

Philips - QK
07-19-2012, 05:14 AM
Hi ItwItw,

Please kindly give me your Service Request Number so that I can follow that up with your countury CC.

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

garlangreeny
08-09-2012, 03:07 AM
Hi QK, country level Philips Customer Care needs your help. Please check PM.

....ltwltw

This is a great news. Thanks for this. Any update so far? http://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/vbulletin-redface.gif

Philips - QK
08-13-2012, 03:28 AM
Hi garlangreeny,

For this issue we have taken this offline and have passed to our country consumer care team to follow up.
It's likely to have an exchange of another model.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team