PDA

View Full Version : Your experiences with FW v0.14.84.0 for 5806, 6000 and 7000 series (2011 models)

Toengel
10-21-2011, 05:09 PM
Hi,

Please share your experiences with this new SW version here in this topic. Channeling your input will make it easier for users to search and find relevant info.

Discuss here all your experiences when upgraded to the new version: new, old, positive, negative...

Toengel@Alex

Q5551_0.14.84.0 (Date published: 2011-10-21)
Important: This software is NOT applicable to T-models.

Picture disappears while watching ZIGGO digital (DVB-C) channels with CAM inserted. (Only applicable to country, Netherlands)
No sound during initial replay of paused programme (Pause TV).

Update isn't available yet for 5806 series.

jbraamhaar
10-21-2011, 09:33 PM
Big compliment Philips ,

great update, RTL-XL app working fine again, and the CI + module seems stable, no failures seen yet.:)

jon61
10-22-2011, 01:24 PM
I still can not record,'s seeing the same day, but a few days back

mduran
10-22-2011, 08:19 PM
wrong forum

mduran
10-22-2011, 08:19 PM
Can someone from Philips comment on these issues?

Toengel
10-23-2011, 08:58 AM
Hi,

which issue?

Toengel@Alex

SorcFun
10-23-2011, 02:17 PM
Where? Download?

OTB
10-24-2011, 11:24 AM
What about the sound issue, reported by many users? Still an issue?

Regards,
Oliver

kreotropic
10-24-2011, 12:59 PM
Well just installed it and first thing i've noticed is that the subs are now synchronized!! For me its a big thing!! Thanks Philips! Just waiting for bigger subtitles and 3d from usb...

thanks from Portugal
Ricardo

andrej
10-26-2011, 07:20 AM
Hi,

I have 40PFL6606H/12 model, update latest SW, but stil sometimes when change channel, screen goes black, with no sound. Previously only with no sound but picture was OK. This is corrected with change channel forward and go back to.

Subtitles did not have correct croatian specific letter (č,Č,đ,Đ,ž,Ž), and font is small.

BTW, skiped SW 0.14.76.0 version. Is that reason?

andrej

OlegO
10-26-2011, 07:40 AM
I have the following Philips TV 47PFL7606H. Update latest SW. But still TV replaces current digital channels with digital channels (DVB-C) from manual search when I clicked Save button and TV informed me that new channels have been saved. Original post (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2985-47PFL7606H-Replaces-Digital-Channels)

michaelu
10-27-2011, 07:00 AM
I updated 42PDL7906K/02 to 000.014.084.000, 2011-10-21. Yesterday we had big problems to turn the TV on. It was previously switched off when in HDMI2-Mode. The power LED on the front goes off, the ambilight turns on, the screen displays the PHILIPS title, then goes black, ambilight turns off. No reaction to any key on the remote, except power off. We repeatedly turned on and off, also turned the power switch on the right side on and off. After a few minutes it suddenly turned on, and we could switch to TV. There, the channel up/down keys did not work. Switched off and on again, and it worked. We think we must switch to TV before switching off, this increases the likelihood that the TV turns on properly. When in HDMI mode, even if a HDMI signal exists, it apparently can't detect a signal and switches off again (?). Did not have such problems with the old firmware, still, it may be unrelated and something else is defect.

michaelu
10-27-2011, 07:11 AM
With the old firmware you could not display 3D videos from the NetTV Youtube App. I am pleased to notice that this works now. Same from Videociety app. BUT: the Videociety app offers a 3D trailer, and it can be displayed in 3D, but the APP claims that my TV can not show 3D content, and does not offer the "Buy" button. Perhaps Videociety has not learned yet about the new firmware. I am somewhat astonished that the app apparently tells videociety the TV brand, and that videociety filters on that information. It could just as well sell the video, and leave it to the customer if the video can be played or not.
Another topic: the TV 3D-Menu is set to "automatically". However, it never recognized side by side automatically. I always had to switch on side by side manually. I find it particularly annoying that the 3D menu must be left with the exit button. Just switching side by side should be enough. Better still, if the automatic feature worked.

Philips - Thomas
10-27-2011, 09:30 AM
Hi

with Videociety there are still some problems on delivering 3D content to the TV's.
We as well as Videociety are working on it to get it working soon.

Regards
Thomas

zolja
10-28-2011, 10:32 AM
I have ghosting when using 3D usb player
42PFL7606H/60

edwar
10-30-2011, 05:03 PM
With the keyboard attached TV not turn on only the red light.
32PFL6606H (000.014.084.000) -> Logitech Cordless Desktop S520

Please excuse my English.

Dentlmann
10-31-2011, 08:22 AM
Issue with loosing TV Stations their "Favorite Flag" is still there.

Mixed Digital and analogue Channels in Favorite List. Every few days the analogue Channels are lost from the favorite list.

This is annoying because my wife likes to watch exactly these analogue channels ....

Fox
10-31-2011, 10:01 PM
I miss the 3d Option to change the Side by Side from Left/Right to Right/Left.
For a 3D TV its realy a bug.

55PFL7606K/02

Regards Fox

betacentauri
11-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Yes, please add the option to change between left/right and right/left for SBS videos for 7000 series.

And also please enable question to start 3d if 3d content is recognized. Or better start automatically 3d view.

Best regards,
Betacentauri

Ronny0712
11-01-2011, 01:13 PM
Dear Support

I have problem with the 46PFL9706K/02
I have installed the newest firmware.
I have tested a hardware reset but the problems are still on

Problem:
TV shut down without my Action , 1 times on a Day.

This is already my second device.
Other user have the same problem

It is not acceptable for a device in the premium class.

Please fix this problem!

Sincerely
Ronny0712

oliver
11-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Hi,

some feedback:

HbbTV issues

- HbbTV works - sometimes. The title bar does not always appear, sometimes there's even some kind of dead-lock. Right now I'm unable to get the title bar shown.
- Sometimes, after viewing some video from HbbTV, the TV does not return to the channel, but the screen stays black. Switching channels solves that.
- HbbTV does not work on some stations which definitely support it (several public channels in Germany). Checked with a Toshiba TV which displays them correctly.
- HbbTV page generation is rather slow. Generating it in the background and displaying it after that is done would improve the overall impression a lot.
- Some display issues when navigating through HbbTV pages (stale highlights) - does not happen on e.g. Toshiba TVs.

Other issues

- When switching audio delay off and on again (not completely sure), sound is completely turned off until you restart the TV.

Wishes

- Already read that wish somewhere else: Please add some shortcut to sleep timer... :) Maybe add it to the menu that appears when pressing the green button?
- A "night" mode would be awesome - currently the screen is far too bright when I wanna sleep while the TV is still turned on. Maybe an option to configure dimming the backlight would do the trick.

matthias
11-03-2011, 11:23 AM
All in all a nice release, but I have problems with occasional reboots.
Shortly before that, the handling feels jumpy, as if the was a task going crazy.

Don't know if this helps, but here are the last few SW Event Log entries:
No / R / Orq / EC / Operatin / Act ctx / Time&date / Nr key Lst key / Ls sc / Data
01 / R / alv / 01 / 002eb / 0000 / 111103-13:06:10 / 0000 / eeee / ee / 000000
02 / R / trm / 02 / 00c6d / 0000 / 111103-12:53:34 / 0000 / eeee / ee / eeeeee
03 / R / exc / 0b / 00602 / 0000 / 111103-12:26:11 / 0000 / eeee / ee / 2d8df4
04 / R / wdq / 05 / 0049f / 0000 / 111103-01:52:11 / 0000 / eeee / ee / 2aba3c
05 / R / usr / 00 / 0062b / 0000 / 111103-01:30:48 / 0000 / eeee / ee / 000000

@Philips: Don't know if this helps? Is there anything else to help debugging?

Problem is, there's no straight way to reproduce this - just playing around with HbbTV, NetTV and just switching channels.

Matthias

betacentauri
11-04-2011, 03:57 PM
My TV shuts down after exactly 2 hours without any message(only once per day). Automatic shutdown is disabled. I tried to enable it but it doesn't help. After 2 hours the TV again shut down.
What can I do? Factory reset?
I use my TV only in the evening. So the TV is approx. 20 hours in stand by.

Best regards,
Betacentauri

skeitsch
11-06-2011, 12:10 PM
Hello,

i have installed the new software on my 42PFL7696/K02 yesterday.
Today i can´t load lot of the videos from the "zdf-mediathek". Are there some solutions i don´t know?

I have already turn off and on my TV.. but nothing positiv happens.

I am able to start short tracks like "heute in 100 sec". Videos larger than about 15 minutes are stopped with an message: "Dieses video kann aufgrund technischer Probleme derzeit nicht abgespielt werden"

A little helpul hint: There are no problems with the "Das Erste-Mediathek".

Please help me.

Greetings

Stefan

matthias
11-06-2011, 01:04 PM
There's an option somewhere in "Configuration" where you can clear the NetTV/IP-EPG/etc. cache. Did you try that?

skeitsch
11-06-2011, 03:35 PM
There's an option somewhere in "Configuration" where you can clear the NetTV/IP-EPG/etc. cache. Did you try that?

Hello,

i have tried it. It doesn´t work. I still can´t open Videos from the ZDF Mediathek...

More ideas?

Thanks Stefan

Toengel
11-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Hi,

maybe these are 16+ videos which can only be started after 8 pm or 10 pm.

Can you post an example?

Toengel@Alex

betacentauri
11-06-2011, 04:03 PM
My TV shuts down after exactly 2 hours without any message(only once per day). Automatic shutdown is disabled. I tried to enable it but it doesn't help. After 2 hours the TV again shut down.

Best regards,
Betacentauri

Reset to factory default didn't solve the problem.:mad:
TV still shuts down after exact 2 hours. I only use the remote control to turn
on/off the TV (I have a separate receiver). So the TV get's 2 hours no signal.

Please try to find and patch the bug. There are many other users which also have the same problem.

skeitsch
11-06-2011, 04:52 PM
Hi,

maybe these are 16+ videos which can only be started after 8 pm or 10 pm.

Can you post an example?

Toengel@Alex

Hi,
We are talking about all the Terra Xpress Videos. I know the message for videos you only can see after 8 pm. This message is different to the other wich i got...
I hope you can find the problem. Many Thanks

Stefan

meme80
11-07-2011, 01:09 PM
Hi I have a 47PFL7607M/08 and my feedback is:

Still missing:
- Please add DTS audio support.
- Please add MKV subtitles support.
- Please add multi-audio track support (currently only the first audio track is selectable).

Nice to have:
Please add capability to start a movie from the time it was interrupted.
Please add capability to see which tv show is on just typing the OK button on the remote control.
When showing the on going TV information it has no senso to black the whole monitor, it would be more then enought to just add an on screen black colored bar with the info of title, time, description, etc...

Kind Regards,

Fox
11-07-2011, 03:21 PM

Best regards,
Betacentauri

I can confirm this. Same Problem.

Regards Fox
55PFL7606k8/02

Sorry Philips i will send my TV Back to Amazon. And I will wait for the next Polifilter Models in 2012

Jason6
11-07-2011, 06:21 PM
Hello Philips,

I have two of the 47PFL7606k/02. This are some problems in the Firmware 000.014.084.000/Hardware:
I use the PVR function very frequently and it give problems. The Email-Support is very bad. Questions and questions but no solution of a problem. Often no aswer!!!

The television has an independent existence! After switching off the TV remains frequently with dark screen on, (only attached on Harddisk WD Element SE 500Gb runs, therefore been noticeable)
Or it goes with the Harddisk out and after few seconds goes the Disk on, picture is missing however.
With next booting comes no Philips boot screen, but is immediately on. Does not occur every times.
To notice it would be that I had not programmed anything in the PVR. Therefore I probably go back to the firmware of 06.10.

further lacks:

- more whistling SAT Tuners with HD Channels (after it began once to whistle, whistles it on all further channels lively further, only on Sport 1 (Germany) disappears it strange to say. Even if I switch back to another Channel , it is again there (whistling)! (torments me)

- after 2h TV shut down. Then he starts again!!

- very rarely no sound after switching to other channel.

- Starts in the Ambilight Lounge mode in principle the harddisk also. Why? Must be a fault.
- To be switched off when switching the TVs off the attached Harddisk occasionally with a loud “click”, does not seem then yet in park position.

- Why is there no more switching question with 3D films?

Many other lack were repaired by Philips in the meantime and new features added, therefore are confident I, since the television otherwise is good. (The new Youtube App pleases me, but the arbitrary video start is not good) A Lovefilm App would be still beautiful.
(Automaticaly translated from German)

Thanks for an answer
Jason6

Goodkyng
11-08-2011, 12:26 PM
Same problem : TV shut down after about 2 hrs

But I also would like to add that the fact that we can't watch external HDMI source while recording DVB-T on the hard drive is really boring.
The recording function is loosing lot of interest.

Finally, as Jason6 said, the "automatic video playing" at startup on youtube app is just stupid !

Otherwise I am pretty pleased by this TV, love the image quality, the design and the ambilight !

Dentlmann
11-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Issue with broken or lost Sound from the TV after switching back from external Sound (AVR) is still here.

I have read about this now for 2 month and am wondering if anybody from Philips is aware of this.

I posted two errors, Sound and lost TV stations and these errors are still here despite 2 firmwareupgrades.

I never had any reaction from Philips on this Forum anyway. Philips ? Anybody home ?

robvanr
11-09-2011, 06:47 AM
Hi. My latest software is 0.10.105.0. I see that 0.14.84.0 is released, but I missed 0.14.76.0. Are older upgrades always included in the newest ones? Or must I install 0.14.76.0 first? If so, where can I find that one? Thanks.

Toengel
11-09-2011, 06:49 AM
Hi,

it is sufficient to install the latest firmware - so you don't need the 14.76...

Toengel@Alex

evelk
11-10-2011, 06:47 AM
Since installing the latest FW, I have a problem with the sound from my media player, connected by HDMI.

The problem seems to be the same as for the older 2010 5000 series - "Intermittent sound lost while a connected device via HDMI"

I have a Mede8er MED500X Mediaplayer connected via HDMI. With this device there is sporadically no Sound - complete silence - problems for about one second and that from once per hour to once per some minutes. I use the internal speakers. The same device with the same cables have worked perfectly for more then a year with another brand of TV-Set!

meme80
11-11-2011, 07:54 AM
I have updated to firmware FW-v0.14.84.0 and now I experience the following problem:
TV shuts down after more or less 2 hours without any message.
If you switch on the TV then it is working again.
The next day it happens again that TV shuts down after more or less 2 hours.

I use TV only during the evening for 4-5 hours per day.

Please fix this issue because it is frustrating.

sebpon
11-11-2011, 09:37 AM
Hello,
I have a TV 42PFL7606 and I updated to the latest firmware. As many others, I also suffer of the shutdown after 2 hours issue.
I also had a total loss of sound after switching to an HDMI device (once since I updated)
The issue with intermittent sound loss (2 seconds) when watching HD content through HDMI is also still present.
Is it possible to switch back to the old firmware until Philips corrects the shutdon issue (the most annoying one for me)?

Kelheimer
11-11-2011, 12:03 PM
Sorry for English, translated with Google translator.
I have the same problem with the 2 hours (42PFL7696K02). Nor should finally HbbTV are properly implemented. At some stations it goes, it goes in other times and not once again, and many did not.
The problem with the message "encrypted program" for switch-out or HD program is also available sporadically. Card is valid and existing CI + module.
Hope of a speedy solution by Philips!

OTB
11-11-2011, 12:12 PM
I'm still waiting for a statement made by Philips...so many people are complaining about software problems. Maybe I'm missing the acknowledgement on some page?!

Any software updates on the horizon?!

Philips - Thomas
11-11-2011, 12:35 PM
Hi

we are aware of the Situation and working on a Solution.
As soon as we know further, I'll let you know.

Regards
Thomas

OTB
11-11-2011, 12:38 PM
Hi Thomas,

I appreciate your quick response!

Regards,
Oliver

wimpie007
11-12-2011, 07:44 AM
42PFL7606H/12, latest software.
-shutdown problem every few days. (random)
- most enoying: switching HDMI (PopcornHour, PS3,...) causes sound problems in 1 out of 3 times.
No sound or garbled sound.
Only solution is to shutdown TV, en startup again. This problem has been here since i bought the TV, and hasn't been solved in the last 3 updates.

Unaccaptable! This is my first and last Philips.
----------------
regards,

RomanSO
11-13-2011, 08:42 AM
Greetings. Sorry for my bad english.
Model 42PFL7606H/60, I see some problems. I have digital TV through TV-prefix (ipTV) is connected.

1) Some TV channels in SD quality don't fill all screen though the option autofilling is included. Sometimes it works, sometimes isn't. After deenergizing and inclusion of TV autofilling starts to work till any moment.
2) At viewing 3D from the built in player I observe ghosting.
3! ) What a shame! TV shutdown after few hours of work!

robvanr
11-13-2011, 12:00 PM
Installed 0.14.84.0 yesterday on my 42pfl7606H. After that, the brightness is darker on all channels. Is it possible to remove an update? I re-installed the TV completely (first back to factory settings, later a complete re-install), but the latest firmware is still on. Regards, Rob

V4Mp
11-13-2011, 01:42 PM
Greetings. Sorry for my bad english.

1) Some TV channels in SD quality don't fill all screen though the option autofilling is included. Sometimes it works, sometimes isn't. After deenergizing and inclusion of TV autofilling starts to work till any moment.

Same problem with the cinema 21 9 gold.

michaelu
11-14-2011, 06:52 AM
Problems with black screen apparently solved! Great!
Hi, yesterday the TV asked for an update, while my wife was watching, and she could not tell me afterwards what it was that was updated, but now the TV switches on without problems! I had like so many others the problem that it took a couple of switch-on attempts until a picture was displayed, but now it works as it should, the screen displays the Philips logo, and then the picture is there. I am wondering though, what was updated, because the firmware version is still displayed as 0.14.84.0.

I considered the black screen always as only a minor nuisance, and was confident that an update would solve it. My other concern, that 3D was not working with NetTV, was already solved with 0.10.84.0. Now I am quite content with my 42PDL7906! Thank you!

radlat
11-14-2011, 08:40 AM
I have similar problems with firmware 14.084 - 32PFL7406K. Every moment tv shut down, mainly when I browsing menu,EPG and switch channel.

StrefanA
11-14-2011, 10:22 AM
When will firmware 14.84 or 14.76 be available for model 7606T? What is fixed in these firmwares? What is being worked on for future firmwares and when might they be available? /Thank you, Stefan

nrgntt
11-14-2011, 12:09 PM
Same problem with fw 14.84 42PFL7696. Every moment tv shut down when I switch channel.
Philips resolve thats problem please!

toppie
11-14-2011, 12:43 PM
32PFL6606H/12. Still problem with HDMI audio, handshake problem? Tried different cables, easylink on/off, no result. Intermittent no audio for about 2 sec, no specific interval time. Cycle power switch of tv, problem solved.

Great that problem with Ziggo CI+ module has been solved, perfect now!

jestudey
11-14-2011, 12:48 PM
hello
i just bought tv 42pfl7606H/12 software xxx84xx. And i am very disappointed with it.
first off all tv turns on itself in the middle of a night for no reason.second inner player dont read m2ts files and dont encode dts sound.
while watching something from inner tv player remote control is lagging and works slow. Im also disappointed in quality of a view.when you switch picture to "natural"
you can see view's artefacts.the view is lagging when there is quick movement.there is no opportunity to write view to outer hdd if i select country "lithuania".
i wanned to as how i can return this faulty item and return my money?

RomanSO
11-14-2011, 06:25 PM
In addition. Model 42PFL7606H/60, I see some more problems. I have digital TV through TV-prefix (ipTV) is connected.

The internal player doesn't allow to look normally HD films (mkv) because rewind, the pause and reproduction after a pause practically don't work. Also I will notice that 3D films slightly brake at viewing through USB from a hard disk. And once again I will notice that at moving on the menu, TV it can be switched off simply so.

toppie
11-14-2011, 07:52 PM
Since installing the latest FW, I have a problem with the sound from my media player, connected by HDMI.

The problem seems to be the same as for the older 2010 5000 series - "Intermittent sound lost while a connected device via HDMI"

I have a Mede8er MED500X Mediaplayer connected via HDMI. With this device there is sporadically no Sound - complete silence - problems for about one second and that from once per hour to once per some minutes. I use the internal speakers. The same device with the same cables have worked perfectly for more then a year with another brand of TV-Set!

Same problem here, with Mede8er MED500X2. Put tv on standby and after 20 sec on, solves the problem for me. Let's hope Philips will solve this in the next firmware upgrade. When looking in the Mede8er support forum, a lot of people with Mede8er on Philips have this problem...

adogterom
11-15-2011, 07:21 AM
i have the same problem with the audio drops.
the drops only occur when playing a movie which has dolby digital sound, DTS is no problem.

it is getting a bit annoying. so i hope Philips will be able to fix this.
Also noticed 2 shutdowns of the tv while watching something, doesn't happen that ofter though.

Philips admin
11-15-2011, 03:02 PM
Dear all,

We are aware that some of you are confronted with a "no video" issue (black screen, but ambilight and sound still working) after upgrade to 14.84 software, and some others with "reboots". Both issues are under investigation, and have our highest priority! As soon as we have more info, we will inform you here.

Regards,
JuAn

adogterom
11-15-2011, 06:42 PM
Dear all,

We are aware that some of you are confronted with a "no video" issue (black screen, but ambilight and sound still working) after upgrade to 14.84 software, and some others with "reboots". Both issues are under investigation, and have our highest priority! As soon as we have more info, we will inform you here.

Regards,
JuAn

Dear JuAn,

that is good news, i hope you are not forgetting about the Audio drops issue as well.
hope to see the answer here soon.

regards
Arjan Dogterom

michaelu
11-16-2011, 07:16 AM
Both issues are under investigation, and have our highest priority! As soon as we have more info, we will inform you here.

As I wrote earlier in this thread, the black screen issue is fixed on my 42PDL7906, since my wife accepted an update request on 13.Nov. Unfortunately, I did not watch, so I don't know what precisely got updated, and the firmware version number apparently did not change, but whatever it was, it worked! Can someone explain what happened on 13.Nov?

copires
11-17-2011, 02:14 AM
Help please. I have a doubt:

Is this software version v0.14.84.0 compatible with 40PFL7606D/78 (Brazil) TV model?

My doubt is because the Philips Brazil website shows 000.010.107.000 version as available not v0.14.84.0. Why???

I need the last version (v0.14.84.0).

meme80
11-17-2011, 06:48 AM

Is this software version v0.14.84.0 compatible with 40PFL7606D/78 (Brazil) TV model?

My doubt is because the Philips Brazil website shows 000.010.107.000 version as available not v0.14.84.0. Why???

Looking at how many problems there are with the last version v0.14.84.0 (TV reboot and swtich off and on automatically) I would suggest you to wait for a subsequent firmware.

If you are also still on time to bring back the TV to the shop, do it and save your money for buying something else.

Philips - Thomas
11-17-2011, 09:34 AM

Hi

No this Version is not compatible!
The TV's Discussed in this Threads are European versions only!
But i can tell you that there will be an Update like the 14.84 for your 0PFL7606D/78 also.

regards
Thomas

Jason6
11-17-2011, 06:53 PM
I have a new problem: since two days i cant´t reach the EPG over Internet to programm a channel.
There´s only a black screen with a little blue "OK" but nothing else. My LAN and DSL is ok. I can´t reach my videos on Harddisk too. Restart doesn´t help!

copires
11-17-2011, 09:38 PM
ok guys thanks.

michaelu
11-18-2011, 08:33 AM
I had the same problems as Jason6 above: The EPG started reluctantly, then not at all, and it was not possible to play back recorded videos.
On a more general note: I think it should be possible to just playback recordings without using the EPG at all. Today, If I want to playback, I must first go to the EPG. This usually takes some time to connect to some server. It is apparently especially important that some advertisement is displayed on the left edge. Some time later current program information is displayed on the right. But this does not interest me, I click the up and right pointer a couple of times until I reach the "recordings" button, and press it. Again, a long time passes, until I see a list of my recordings. I navigate to one of them, and press it. Again, a long time passes, and I am shown a page with details to the recorded video, which I am not really interested in. Perhaps 5 minutes have passed, since I wanted to look the recorded video. But only if I am lucky! If not, I get an error message that the server can not be reached. Now I can press once more, and the video starts.
Apparently Philips stores details on the recorded video, and displays it again, when I view it. It looks nice, when it works. But if not, I cannot view the video at all, and normally all this takes much too long. There must be a means to look recorded videos without access to the internet or to a dedicated server somewhere. Display a list, select an item and start!

kuno21
11-18-2011, 10:41 AM
DIGITAL-AUDIO-OUTPUT not working correct !!!

With this firmware there is a problem with the digital-audio-output.

When changing from digital (DVBT , HDMI-MEDIA-BOX, HDMI-MEDIAPLAYER ) <-> analog TV input , there is no audio output on the digital output.

I have to change the source several times until the digital-audio-signal will work again.

kuno21
11-18-2011, 10:48 AM
ASPECT-RATIO with UPC-Media-Box not working.

With following media-boxes there is no correct aspect-ratio switching to 4:3 if necssary.

UPC-Media-Box Cisco 8485dvb -> 4:3 not working
UPC-Media-Box Pace DCR 7111 -> 4:3 not working

With the A1-TV mediabox

A1-TV TLA-3800W

and several media-players (xtreamer, PlayOnHD, .. ) the aspect switching works perfect.

Christ
11-18-2011, 05:59 PM
I have a 42PFL7676, the last update v0.14.84.0 and I have two problems.

First: my TV switces off automatically. Sometimes one time every week en another time twice at one evening.
The other problem is: by switching between channels, the sound is (almost) gone. Again switching to another channel and back will solve somtimes the problem. But sometimes I need to swich of the TV and switch on again.

Does anyone know a solution for these problems??

Thanks
Christ (from Holland)
(sorry for my bad english)

SorcFun
11-20-2011, 01:49 PM
Google Tanslation:

If I turn off the TV in the evening, then the TV goes eventually to the back. The display is made ​​of it. If I then turn on the television screen is the same as without displaying the Philips logo.
In this state of television in DVB-S mount is warm. This is annoying and consumes power.

German:

Wenn ich den Fernseher ausschalte am Abend, dann schaltet sich der der Fernseher irgendwann wieder an. Das Display bleibt dabei aus. Wenn ich ihn dann einschalte, ist das Fernsehbild gleich da ohne das Philips-Logo anzuzeigen. In diesem Zustand ist der Fernseher um DVB-S-Anschluss warm. Dieses nervt und verbraucht Strom.

Jason6
11-20-2011, 03:01 PM
Same like SorcFun: Mysterious! 7606/k ...14.84....
After switching off the TV remains frequently with dark screen on, (only attached on Harddisk WD Element SE 500Gb runs, therefore been noticeable)
Or TV goes with the Harddisk out and after few seconds goes the Disk on, picture is missing however.
The TV consumed energy, an I thought the TV shut down!
With next switching on, comes no Philips boot screen, TV is immediately on. Does not occur every times.
To notice: I had not programmed anything in the PVR.

dvd
11-21-2011, 09:44 AM
Time flows, but software's problem are not fixed.
Imho this is not a soo good maketing strategy.
I'm interested in a Philips's 7000 series, but I'm close to don't trust it any more

Toengel
11-21-2011, 09:56 AM
Hi,

it usualy takes some time to find the origin of bugs. Also the testing procedure are time consuming. Furthermore, the firmware is not model specific, but series specific. So software need to be tested in the whole series...

Toengel@Alex

dvd
11-21-2011, 09:58 AM
Imho software need to be tested before in a compliant way.

dvd
11-22-2011, 09:02 AM
It seems Philips doesn't learn from the past:

http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/4/47pfl8404h_12/47pfl8404h_12_fhi_ita.pdf
pfl8404h
- Q5481_0. 26.69.0
• TV shuts down after 2 hours

40PFL6605H
- 5551_0.140.39.0 (ate of pubblication: 27/07/2011)
• TV shuts down after 2 hours (oly Norway).

bobcat
11-23-2011, 09:08 AM
Hi,
I have the same problem with switching channels (40PFL6606H/12 model, the Czech language)
Martin

Hi,

I have 40PFL6606H/12 model, update latest SW, but stil sometimes when change channel, screen goes black, with no sound. Previously only with no sound but picture was OK. This is corrected with change channel forward and go back to.

Subtitles did not have correct croatian specific letter (č,Č,đ,Đ,ž,Ž), and font is small.

BTW, skiped SW 0.14.76.0 version. Is that reason?

andrej

radlat
11-23-2011, 12:59 PM
Hello, when will czech characters support in EPG DVB-S K-model?

appieollo
11-24-2011, 07:42 AM
Hello all,

look here http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2923-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0.14.84.0-for-8000-9000-and-21-9-series-(2011-models)&p=17617&posted=1#post17617

and search for post #99

My problem with BLACK screen and auto reboot is solved , YES.....YES

The problem is update via wfif. If you update via USB , you do not get this black screen problems ( the maintenance service said .....)

appieollo
11-24-2011, 07:43 AM
I have a 42PFL7676, the last update v0.14.84.0 and I have two problems.

First: my TV switces off automatically. Sometimes one time every week en another time twice at one evening.
The other problem is: by switching between channels, the sound is (almost) gone. Again switching to another channel and back will solve somtimes the problem. But sometimes I need to swich of the TV and switch on again.

Does anyone know a solution for these problems??

Thanks
Christ (from Holland)
(sorry for my bad english)

Hallo Christ, neem contact op met Philips service nummer en je wordt keurig geholpen. Mijn tv werkt weer zoals het hoort .

dvd
11-24-2011, 10:29 AM
Question:
- does Version 000.014.088.000 fix v0.14.84.0 switch off problems?
- is 000.014.088.000 fine for "M" models? (for example 7696M or 7606M or 7656M).

Tnk's

ruttini
11-25-2011, 02:38 AM
Hi, I am from Argentina. Today i updated my 40PFL6606D/77 with the new Firmware 14.082.000

I was wating this update, mostly for his capability to read subtitles. But I'm disappointed by its poor implementation. The subtitles can not be resized, or change the font type, and they are too small for a 40" LCD.

But the most annoying thing is that the subtitles are not transparent, they have a black background, really ugly. Also the lines are very short, and somethimes you have 4 short lines, instead of 2.

My question is: It's so difficult to program something better for this TV? It is for the hardware? Lack of time? Honestly, it is difficult to understand how a company like Phillips can not have programmers who can do something better than this.

Hopefully, this is only a preliminary Update and in the next update we can see a impruvement in this regard...

Philips - Thomas
11-25-2011, 06:10 AM
Hi Ruttini,

Im sorry that you are not satisfied with the Update.
However, please get in contact with the Local Support directly to point to that request as this forum is for european models only.
http://www.support.philips.com/support/catalog_selector.jsp?COOKIE=off

Regards
Thomas

ruttini
11-25-2011, 05:12 PM
Hi Ruttini,

Im sorry that you are not satisfied with the Update.
However, please get in contact with the Local Support directly to point to that request as this forum is for european models only.
http://www.support.philips.com/support/catalog_selector.jsp?COOKIE=off

Regards
Thomas

thanks for answering Thomas. I post this here, because in Latin América, we don´t have a Support Forum, only a live chat where operators do not know anything.

The firmware for america, is the same as Europe but adapted for the region? The implementation of the subtitles in the European Firmware, is the same with the black background and lack of font size and color change?

Eric2
11-26-2011, 09:15 AM
Hello,

About one minute after having put on the TV set, I have a black screen for about one second.
Then everything is OK.
It is not really a problem to me but I wonder whether Philips is working on a new firmware to solve this kind of problem?

Eric.

remco
11-27-2011, 09:47 PM
While Philips is working on a fix for the spontaneous power-off issue... is a downgrade an option? I had 0.9.something on the TV out of the box (40pfl6626H/12) and that worked OK. The only reason I upgraded was because the change log mentioned a few fixes that might have been relevant, but none of them were as bad as a TV switching off at least once a night.

Ow, and surprise surprise, I contacted support, they seem to be unaware of the issue....

sweetdoc
11-28-2011, 01:39 AM
Hi there. I bought 55PFL7606/T .. had problems with all Smart functions, The TV rebboots on its own few minutes while playing a movie using DLNA, & other functions, like playing from a USB hard drive ( power connected, or USB powered, even a USB 32GB flash drive) both NTFS & /OR Fat32.

DNLA also casues the TVto reboot , used Windows media player streaming & "ALL Share" software.

Yes updated to the latest firmware.. Philips said there has been a fault in all of this model TVs.. they removed them from stock till they fixed the problem.. so they claim.. I replaced teh TV with another same model that arrived 2 days ago. Updated the firmware.. Same..

I am very dissapointed with the smart functions.. they all cause the TVtoreboot.. DLNA, net TV, USB playback & Recording , & USB playback.

Any solutions comming? Philips tech support have NO Solution otherthan suggesting to return the TV & buy another brand.

bulkin2000
11-28-2011, 07:12 AM
40PFL6606, latest software.
The same problem: shutdown after 2 hours.

sweetdoc
11-28-2011, 11:56 AM
2 hours? you are lucky.. with my brand new 2 days old TV rebooting havens in minutes...

One conclusion, Phillips…is a nice design, ambi light is great, good picture as a TV, but as a smart TV??? !!! Definitely NO…….. I had to spend money on a top of the range Samsung Smart Blue ray with all the smart functions to be able to use them on the Blue Ray player...

bojo
11-28-2011, 12:14 PM
Hi, I have a 47pfl7666 running the latest SW I was wondering if the sound drops issues have been solved if so how please? I still have them when watching an HD channel and when playing my PS3 but not when watching a Blueray disc on the PS3 . Strange !! I cannot see any difference with the new SW apart from BBCiplayer now works . PS customer support in the UK are not much help.

tjub
11-28-2011, 01:11 PM
I have a Mini Rii keyboard with touchpad attached to the TV and that works great. Only thing is that when the usb dongle stays in the TV, the TV won't come out of it standby modus after switching the power on. Hoping a new firmware will fix this.

andrej
11-28-2011, 05:40 PM
Hallo again,
Im little bit dissapointed in Philips,
I have 40PFL6606H/12 model, updated latest SW, previously, You-tube working let say OK, but after update FW to 14.84.00 when start You-Tube application, menu is not the same (is gone) and always start movie on karambatv.ru.I cant get rid of these. Is that a virus or adaware in source code?
Can I reverse FW to old one?

Philips - Thomas
11-28-2011, 05:44 PM
Hi

This is Youtube Leanback
For any more questions, use this link (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2673-Phasing-in-YouTube-leanback-on-2011-devices.&p=13660&viewfull=1#post13660).

Regards
Thomas

dvd
11-29-2011, 04:30 PM
Why there are not reply about fixing in switch off after 2 hours?
How many time we have to wait for new Software able to fix this trouble?

Thank's.

PS: I contacted support too, and I regret have to inform that they are unaware of the issue.

a_Tom
11-29-2011, 04:37 PM
because they did already... they are working on it

dvd
11-29-2011, 04:39 PM
Thk's a lot. We stay tuned.

EarlGrey
11-29-2011, 07:31 PM
So the errorness version of the firmware is out for over a month now. Until the update I was really happy with the TV and the software (except some minor problems).
But is it that hard to five the customers a way to downgrade to the original firmware? And if this is not supported why hasn't somebody marked the old firmware as a "new" one so I could install it? It takes about 1-3 minutes to get the TV screen working!!!

@ Thomas: Thanks for keeping us informed

@Philips Change/Release Mgmt: This is an error that MUSTN'T happen. Rolling out a bugged firmware is ok, we are all humans and errors happen and also not everything can be tested. But keeping the customers with no solution for a (in my option) critical error for over a month is not acceptable. Once again: If there is no quick way to find the error in the new firmware - give us the opportunity to step back to the last working version

andrej
11-29-2011, 07:57 PM
Hi,
EarlGrey, I agree with you. Now, my TV is going on STBY. Cant reverse faulty firmware, with last I have creepy title and suddenly STBY,.... and Im not satisfied what they do with YouTube. Cant get rid of the russian KaranbaTV.ru. I cant change anything in YouTube, only search is working.

So, Philips-Thomas, Im not satisfied with last firmware, because lost relatively good funkcionality of my expensive TV. Maybe is better without any update if TV is working well, like Microsoft.

Chojin
12-01-2011, 03:16 AM
Hi , i update my tv 32pfl7606 firmware from the Q5551-0.10.94.1 to the new 000.014.084.000 and every time i try to watch NetTV youtube after some minutes sometimes seconds the tv restart .

Other thing i didnt like was the removel of the auto 3D option on the tv ...

meme80
12-01-2011, 10:02 AM
Hi,
I've just created a poll for 2D->3D conversion software lack.
Have a look here (http://polldaddy.com/poll/5718404/) and vote pls.

I believe that if we reach a considerable amount of people voting there maybe a chance to have this feature on our tv.

dvd
12-01-2011, 10:12 AM
Hi , i update my tv 32pfl7606 firmware from the Q5551-0.10.94.1 to the new 000.014.084.000

Welcome to "problematic" 000.014.084.000. In Italy we say "we were better when we were worse".

Philips - Thomas
12-01-2011, 10:15 AM
Hi

i did explain this before but i will again.
2D to 3D conversion is about Hard and Software.
TV's which have this feature, does have it because of the Hardware capabilities of the TVs.
TV's which don't have it, simply don't have it.

I'm fine with your Poll, because this is your Opinion but i will not accept any Discussion on that one in here!

Regards
Thomas

dvd
12-01-2011, 10:27 AM

I’m with you Tomas about the topic “2D-3D”… but I wish you will be with me if I support that furthre delay in fixig bug of xxx.84.xxx is synonymous of indifferece from Philips to Philips’s customers, whose wrong were only to trust in Philips products.

Kind Regards
Davide

meme80
12-01-2011, 10:35 AM
Hi
i did explain this before but i will again.
TV's which have this feature, does have it because of the Hardware capabilities of the TVs.

Ok, sorry I was not aware of this.
This means that there is no possibility for having this feature implemented because of an hardware limitation. This is clear but it is also a pity to have to give up with this feature (sorry for my english). If available it would have been another plus on this tv.

Dave van Dun
12-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Following problem keeps occuring!!

42pfl7656H
Ziggo cammodule

Latest firmware!! updated

Once/twice a day screen goes black!! no coded signal!!!!!

Please help. It's anoying and frustrating for a brand new TV!!!!!!!

marpsoft
12-02-2011, 06:22 PM
Hi.
I have such problems:

32PFL6606H/12

1. Checking DVB-T channel status, going back to channel then switching to next channel resets TV.
2. After switching TV on, first hidden analog channel is showing up (all analog are set to hide) insted of digital one. (not always)
3. No EPG on DVB-T channels

bojo
12-03-2011, 09:28 AM
Hi all,

47PFL7666T-12 fimware 000.014.88.000

I do not understand I`m in the UK the latest firmware is as above why are you stil on 000.014.84.000 amI missing something? I do not have these problems i.e. picture and standby The only problems I am suffering is to do with sound dropouts and and can not choosing where the sound is directed to i.e.TV speakers or HTS.

_Luke_
12-04-2011, 01:11 AM
@Thomas Sincerely,

is there the possibility that Philips improve the media player? seen that the FFW not work on MKV is blocking the TV.
Moreover the EPG at least you can do that when it remains active even with the channel change? (reduced the time pressure of the TEXT button to display the EPG)

_Luke_
12-04-2011, 01:19 AM
@Thomas:
I can able to reproduce a bug of reboot TV: button "option", menu "state" in this page change a channel and the TV rebooting!

abekain
12-04-2011, 10:52 AM
Which is the last 'stable' version without these kind of problems?

Cinema 21:9
12-04-2011, 03:35 PM
Still have a problem with the Localdimming.
In dark images often this pattern comes from the backlight.
If you disable Localdimming, the pattern is gone!653654

Downloadlink Testpatterns: http://www.w6rz.net/irewindow5.zip

Sorry, wrong thread!

dA_RoB
12-04-2011, 08:48 PM
Hi!

I have noticed some things about the new Youtube feature that i find really really annoying!

1. I installed my wireless keyboard to the TV. Works perfectly - but unfortunately not for the Youtube application which really gets on my nerves. WHY??

2. Starting with a random movie is not the best sollution!

3. If i start the application and some random movie starts, i press the "Back" button, the application stops - I'm back at the NetTV application. Try to start Youtube again - NOPE, won't work. Home button one more time (because back button doesn't work at this state) restarting the NetTV and starting Youtube one more time works!

4. No autofill while searching which is really stupid if you search for long names with your tv remote.

and finally,

5. After the search (and in generall for everything else), if the name of the clip is too long, you cannot see it completely because there is no scrolling for it!

Hope, that it can be fixed in the new FW!

Thanks!

BR
RoB

RomanSO
12-04-2011, 09:51 PM
I ask ALL to participate in voting by the built in videoplayer which works badly, I think!

http://poll.fm/3esct

meme80
12-05-2011, 01:06 PM
@RomanSO

Voted. Hope they will do a better player. the one that comes with the TV is unusable...

A feature we would like to have is resume a movie from the point it was inturrupted.
Eg. You watch a movie, then the tv is switched off.
The next day when opening again the same movie the TV should ask if you want to start from the time you stopped previously by pressin X button.

Other brand do this and works perfectly.

_Luke_
12-05-2011, 01:28 PM
ALL friends of the Forum, maybe I'll be banned, but write here and on Facebook or twitter, also on the forums of your country, your post with the disappointment, rather than to the polls.
The TV thet turns off by itself or the function of the media player that block the TV, up to having to restart the same, are problems that actually make the product defective!

Sorry Thomas but this is the realty

RomanSO
12-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Dear moderator Thomas, pay attention to this post!

http://poll.fm/3esct

Here the reference to voting which for 16 hours shows all, the built in videoplayer in TVs Philips of 2011 (at least in models PFL7ххх series) is how much awful.

No one voice that someone is happy with a videoplayer against 75 dissatisfied voices! We ASK to pay attention to this problem. As soon as in voting will be more than 100 voices, I will send it directly in support of Philips.

a_Tom
12-05-2011, 02:06 PM
romanso.

i have a 7606 and all is working fine, videos which cant be played can be via hmp3000... so where is you problem?

dvd
12-05-2011, 02:38 PM
There’s only one efficient way: vote by cash… it means buy or not buy.
I’ll not buy a product as defective… whit a farm disinterested in fixing bugs ad deep as "automatic switch off".

andres
12-05-2011, 09:34 PM
Hello,

I bought a Phillips 47PFL7606H/12 a few months ago. I soon realized that my TV was defective - the TV keeps shutting off whenever it likes (seemingly randomly). Sometimes it's 15 minutes, sometimes it 3 hours. And it has also switched on itself a few times.

I have not updated firmware, the installed firmware is: Q5551-0.10.94.1. The installed language is Estonian.

Should I take it back to the store or is there a solution to this problem ?

Kind regards,
Andres

Philips
12-06-2011, 11:06 AM
Dear all,

If your TV, after upgrade to SW 14.84, suffers from the symptom "TV starts up with sound and Ambilight, but sometimes WITHOUT picture" please follow this (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2923-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0.14.84.0-for-8000-9000-and-21-9-series-(2011-models)&p=18803&viewfull=1#post18803) link.

Regards,
JuAn

RomanSO
12-06-2011, 02:11 PM
THANKS to all who has voted about the built in videoplayer. Support service Philips has received my message and has paid attention to indicative results of voting (at present time 115 dissatisfied against 4 happy users) :p

StrefanA
12-06-2011, 02:49 PM
I'll answer my own question:
since 11-14-2011 firmware 000.014.088.000 ( 14.88 ) is available at http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/eula.pl?slg=ENG&ctn=47PFL7606T/12&dct=FUS&link=/files/4/47pfl7606t_12/47pfl7606t_12_fus_eng.zip&new_tmpl=1&mode=inpage for at least 47pfl7606t

Dare I update my firmware or will the TV start switching itself off?!?!

_Luke_
12-08-2011, 10:17 PM
Dear Philips
When play a 3D video by USB if it is not a 1920x1080 the TV don't give the possibility to set vision in 3D. But if I switch to a normal DVBT transmission in HD then is possible set the 3D?!

I suggest to exclude this control in the software for give the complete possibility to use the 3D.
Tanks in advanced

Philips - Thomas
12-09-2011, 06:41 AM
Hi

What other Reoslution did you try?

Regards
Thomas

Toengel
12-09-2011, 06:42 AM
Hi Thomas,

in other forum I read that resolutions of 1920x800 (21:9 movies WITHOUT black bars, Side-by-Side) do not work...

Toengel@Alex

Dentlmann
12-09-2011, 06:50 AM
Hi Philips,
are there any news on the next Firmware ? When will it arrive ?
Are you aware of
- loosing/broken sound on TV after switching from HDMI inputs
- loosing analogue TV stations on favorite list

aak771
12-09-2011, 08:10 AM
Hi,

I have the same problem as mentioned before, TV shuts down after appr. 2 hours.

Other problems I recognized:

- The Menu is very laggy at startup
- the Wifi is not very strong so I often have problems with tvtv-guide
- the performance of the pvr could be much better.

Model: 32PDL7906K/02
FW: 000.014.084.000, 2011-10-21

Regards, Jan

Kennedy01
12-09-2011, 09:26 AM
I am experiencing the same problems: the tv turns itself off (settings for automatic shut down are deactivated) and the first start of epg lags (using wlan). also usb recording is faulty (time shift lets hdd record all the time and not just on demand).

stable and reasonable firmware would be appreciated. is there anything in the pipeline?

55PFL7606, .084 fw

dumbie
12-09-2011, 11:14 PM
Here are somethings I walked into with my tv's:
TV Models: 32PDL7906H/40PDL7906H Q5551_0.14.84.0

Bugs:
- HD Natural Motion stutters/ghosts alot (on all settings) while watching a Bluray movie / HD TV Series
- Red color tint when 3D mode is activated can't fix it with custom tint. (no red color tint in previous firmwares)
- PC Browser (DLNA) MKV files larger then 4gb not opening (1080p movies) (using uptodate Twonky/PS3 Media Server)
- Ambilight flickering on/off while in 3D mode on Playstation 3 (Game: Killzone 3)

Things to improve:
- More options in the PC Browser player (Jump to time, Audio Track Selection, Video length in status)
- Merge volume control for Speakers and Headphone (or shortcut headphone volume menu on the none used Blue button)
- Improve the performance of the menus and HD Natural Motion

Good luck with improving the firmware, hope I can start enjoying my tv even more in the near future.

Perpetual Beta
12-10-2011, 01:06 AM
One of several reasons for the ghosts in the machine (42PFL7456K/02) seemed to be the setting for "automatische Senderaktualisierung" (Update channel list / Automatic update). After deactivating this no auto-off for more than 5 hours ...
Channel-update-messages were triggered several times a day, with the old firmware (10.94.1) and the new one (14.84.0).

Don't know if the frequently channel updates are depending on the signal quality of my DVB-C - connection (not so good on some channels). I will switch to DVB-S(2) next year. With new cabling.

Edit /Next day after some 2 hours while watching ZDF Mediathek:
Another display (HDMI ...) was shown together with the sound level display. 30 minutes later, 1 minute after finishing the Mediathek: auto-off + reboot. Are memory leaks out there ...?
I am missing the system resources monitor i've got on my Linux-desktop. :D

Kennedy01
12-11-2011, 10:58 AM
since this is the supportforum i was hoping of feedback from philips concerning the firmware issues. Or maybe updating this buggy fw is not an issue?!?

TechnicsKuzya
12-11-2011, 07:45 PM
32PFL6606H - with firmware 14.xx and later - random shutdown (standby mode). When this problem has been fixed?

And one more problem - when switch on TV by Power button or OK button at the remote, it`s started at HDMI-OTHER, but not last TV channel.

Where I can found previous firmware??

Tarrie
12-11-2011, 08:03 PM
Hi,

I updated my 40PFL6606H/12 from Q5551-0.10.94.1 to Q5551-0.14.84.0 on the 16th of November. Since that update, I experience the following problems:

TV automatically switches off after 120 minutes, even when sleep timer is off;
IP address is within 169.254.x.x range, but when I unplug & replug network cable in router, IP address of TV is valid 192.168.x.x. Router is set to provide TV fixed IP address. TV's Network mode is set to 'DHCP & Auto IP' (router is leading). All other devices connected to my router also have fixed IP set according to their MAC addresses without any problems, except for my TV;
LED backlight sometimes seems to auto-adjust, even when Dynamic Backlight is off (actually, all dynamic auto-correction settings are disabled).

On the product page of my TV, it states that I have the most recent firmware installed. However, on the product page of the 40PFL6606T/12, it states that the most recent version is Q5551_0.14.88.0. I've been told that all 6xx6 models had the same firmware?

It's simply rediculous that it has to take a month (if not longer) to fix the most annoying feature I've ever experienced on a TV: auto shutdown after 2 hours, whether you want it or not! If no fix is made available in the next couple of weeks, I'll return my TV to my dealer and ask for a refund.

jjs
12-11-2011, 08:36 PM
the 14.88 is as far as i know anly available thru repair workshops, because it should only be applied for the sets with the 2 hour bug until further notice.
It also has an update for the bug that it can be you have no picture after updating with 14.84

As for as i know it is not an update that will be pushed via internet update

be patient, if you would only know how many bugs there are by connecting shitty hardware to these tv's and philips almost allways gets the blame. Trust me Philips is working on most bugs, but some bugs are just to less in numbers that they can't spend every penny to solve every bug. So first all major bugs will be adressed.

ali54
12-11-2011, 08:50 PM
jjs
i just notice you making comment on 2010 and 2011 sotwear forum and calling pepoles hardwear shitty i bet you dont even own any one this tvs so keep your comments to your self.becuse you dont have a clue what are you talking a bout

Toengel
12-12-2011, 06:40 AM
Hi,

please, watch your words... ;-)

The 14.88 software can be found on the FAQ pages of the support websites for the specific 2011 H and K models...

Toengel@Alex

adogterom
12-12-2011, 07:22 AM
Hi,

please, watch your words... ;-)

The 14.88 software can be found on the FAQ pages of the support websites for the specific 2011 H and K models...

Toengel@Alex

Dear Toengel,

on the Supportpage of my 42pfl7666h/12 i cannot find it, i can only see 14.84.

regards
Arjan

Toengel
12-12-2011, 07:43 AM
Hi,

try again (and read again what I wrote where to find the update) - I found it easily...

Toengel@Alex

Tarrie
12-12-2011, 08:31 AM
Like I said in my post, you can find the 14.88 firmware on the product page of the 40PFL6606T/12

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?slg=en&scy=nl&ctn=40PFL6606T/12

While only the 14.84 firmware is available on the product page of the 40PFL6606H/12

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?slg=en&scy=nl&ctn=40PFL6606H/12

Odd?

Big question: Does it hurt to try out the 14.88 firmware on my 6606H/12?

jjs
12-12-2011, 10:26 AM
jjs
i just notice you making comment on 2010 and 2011 sotwear forum and calling pepoles hardwear shitty i bet you dont even own any one this tvs so keep your comments to your self.becuse you dont have a clue what are you talking a bout

Of course i own one, plus i see hundreds of these 2k10 and 2k11 sets every week
i know many complaints people have, and it is not always due to the Philips Hard/software.
Philips uses strict protocols for hdmi or dlna or spdif, so they keep specs.
There are many manufacturers who do not keep to strict specs and therefore cheap stuff will work on other cheap stuff with no prob. Then they connect these equipment to Philips and then they have probs etc.
I'm not affended. I know what i'm talking about.

jjs
12-12-2011, 10:28 AM
Like I said in my post, you can find the 14.88 firmware on the product page of the 40PFL6606T/12

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?slg=en&scy=nl&ctn=40PFL6606T/12

While only the 14.84 firmware is available on the product page of the 40PFL6606H/12

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?slg=en&scy=nl&ctn=40PFL6606H/12

Odd?

Big question: Does it hurt to try out the 14.88 firmware on my 6606H/12?

The 14.88 is only to be used when you have the bug, drop out to standby after approx. 2 hours.
If you don't have that bug then leave till a normal update will be available.

Tarrie
12-12-2011, 11:54 AM
The 14.88 is only to be used when you have the bug, drop out to standby after approx. 2 hours.
If you don't have that bug then leave till a normal update will be available.

Tnx jjs, will try. Hope it helps!

tremmere
12-12-2011, 06:33 PM
Hi, I have created a list of things which I would like to see them happening for my newly bought Philips 42PFL7676H/12

1. It was claimed that the 7000 series can convert 2D to 3D. In reality it can NOT convert 2D to 3D:
http://www.digitalnewsroom.philips.com/pressreleases/7000_series_Smart_LED_TV/index.html

Other features which were not claimed by Philips but would be perfect to have them:
2. I do not want to record from the internet. I want to record TV shows on my USB memory stick without the need for internet. Is that possible?

3. Why in the world it can not play 3D content from a USB memory stick? It is also a must have.

4. The subtitles are too small, left aligned and surrounded by black underground. They also can't display Latin-2 characters (Romanian characters). So the subtitles would be great to:
-be able to change the characters from Western, Latin-1 to Latin-2
-remove the black background surrounding the text
-center alignment instead of left alignment
-change the size from small, medium to big
-even move them within the movie, upper or lower

5. Jump Forward and Backward. While it does have a fast forward ability and dedicated buttons on the remote control, it would be great that the arrows surrounding the OK button to JUMP super-fast from minute 1 to 10, 30, 1 hour, etc

6. DTS audio support for MKV files maybe through an App for the SmartTVs if not directly in the firmware update. Is such an app possible? A videoplayer application that can run anything which can be installed on SmartTVs?

7. .avi videos are limited at a maximum resolution of only 720x576. Please make the maximum resolution for avi videos 1920x1080.

8. In the TV Channel List (from FIND button on remote control), in Options there is no "Delete" function to delete a TV channel.

PHILIPS, Let's Make Things Better! (yes the old slogan but a perfect slogan)

sasa'
12-12-2011, 08:03 PM
can iuse 14.88 also with my 42pfl7606m/08?

i've upgraded with 14.84 but it is very very bad fw:mad:

Toengel
12-12-2011, 08:10 PM
can iuse 14.88 also with my 42pfl7606m/08?

i've upgraded with 14.84 but it is very very bad fw:mad:

Hi,

see: http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/oleeview.pl?view=aa12_view_iframe.html&scy=it&slg=ENG&refnr=0090272&dct=QAC&ctn=42PFL7606M/08

Toengel@Alex

TechnicsKuzya
12-13-2011, 05:14 AM
32PFL6606H/12 with 14.88 from FAQ page - 5 hrs without shutdown.

SorcFun
12-13-2011, 11:42 AM
And 32pfl7606k_02 ?

Toengel
12-13-2011, 11:59 AM
Hi,

what "and"?

Toengel@Alex

SorcFun
12-13-2011, 12:03 PM
And 32pfl7606k_02 ?

Sorry! 14.88 is this for this Type too?

THX

Toengel
12-13-2011, 12:08 PM
Hi,

just take a look at the support page of your TV -> FAQ SECTION, sort by date, take the one FAQ with "14.84 and ambilight problem"...

Toengel@Alex

meme80
12-13-2011, 02:40 PM
Hi, please notice that it is really annoying the fact that everytime a 3D content is played it is necessary to set 3D manually.
This is more frustrating if you see a movie from youtube in 3D because usually are short movies where you change frequently.

Would it possible to have a feature to automatically set 3D on if the content (usb stick or NetTV) is 3D?
Alternatively an automatic message to ask if you want to set the 3D on would be ok.

patrickbk
12-13-2011, 06:06 PM
This firmware seems to leave me with an auto shutdown problem I reported off here.... http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3321-Automatic-shutdown-every-four-hours...&highlight=42PFL7606H

The 88 firmware is not for my TV right? But it does fis this issue?! When will a fix for my TV be available?

It sucks bigtime that I paid almost €1000 for my TV and have to manually update it like a Windows PC several times to maybe get a half decent working TV.

First async sound when optical out is used and NOT Ziggo certified (out of the shop)

Next Ziggo certified and sound still not in sync

Next DCB-C crappy no picture anymore issue fixed (is this a TV or what?;) ) and still sound out of sync after a while unless I disable a lot of image addons (seems the cpu in this TV just can't handle the load of all the features!) and auto shutdown without a set sleep timer and even with sleep timer disabled!!!!!!!!

People at Philips, please point me to a fix for the auto shut-off issue and fix the rest of the problems. A tv should just work!

Philips
12-13-2011, 08:47 PM
Guys,

A successor of the 14.84 firmware is on its way.
Please read this (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3321-Automatic-shutdown-every-four-hours...&p=19656&viewfull=1#post19656).

Regards,
JuAn

Kennedy01
12-15-2011, 10:57 AM
as far as I hear the new fw is supposed to be realeased next week for the 7k models, can you confirm that?
Also a changelog would highly be appreciated. Any informations on that?
Thank you.

_Luke_
12-15-2011, 11:42 AM
Hello Thomas

This is a example of different resolution that don't works

Width : 1 920 pixel
Heigh : 802 pixel
AspectRatio : 2,40:1

Thank you for your interest

OTB
12-15-2011, 11:44 AM
reading the other thread, I am not sure if I want that update :-)

Grave
12-15-2011, 07:03 PM
Just to share my problems:

Sound drops with mediaplayer and PS3. Especially during Battlefield 3.(And the upcoming firmware doesn't 'sound' ;) very promising for the PS3.)
TV shutdown without touching anything. My gf likes this one...
When mediaplayer is connected the other devices (ps3 and settopbox) do not work with easylink (CEC). They also disappear from the menu.
Built in mediaplayer is better then nothing at all and that's about it.
Why is there no standby button on the tv? only a hardware switch. Or did i miss it?

FHeibrink
12-18-2011, 09:22 AM
Hello,

I just registered to share my experiences with this TV.

At first I was looking for a Samsung smarttv but I got a great deal on the Philips for 629 inc. tax.

If it is working, the TV is absolutely lovely.... IF !

I have some strange issues and I've tried everything but I cannot solve them.

1. When I want to watch TV I switch the TV on (cannot use standby due to reason 3), and switch my UPC settopbox on.
After a short while I can watch TV and everything but a minute or so later the TV goes into standby !
I have to wait a few seconds and then I can turn the TV back on. This should not be happening.

2. I have a XBMC media box I use to view movies. When watching a movie with another framerate (eg 24fps or 30fps) the TV has to switch to another refresh frequency. I happens too many times that the screen stays completely black. The ambilight on the other hand just works, so the TV gets a video feed. My old TV didnt have these problems. The fastest solution at that moment is to switch the TV off and on via the power switch.

3. My main reason I don't use standby.
I have a special system in my house that monitors the power usage of all appliances in the house and I can view this on my computer (plugwise).

When I put the TV to standby the TV uses under 1 watt, but thats a fifty-fifty situation. Many times the power uses just stays at 15 watts. If it is at 0 watts and I leave it there, at some point in time (usually between 6 and 7 am) it starts using 15 watts of power again.

This IS the time we come to the living room, but in the morning we don't even touch the TV or any remote control at all.

The only thing I can imaging is some ambient light sensor triggering the TV but I am not sure.

My house is build with every aspect of energy saving in mind. Isolation, heating, electrical appliances; everything is energy efficient. I have exchanged my 32" LCD TV (175 watts!) for this tv (30 to 50, average 40 with my settings), so standby power usage is a huge issue for me.

I hope these problems get fixed soon, especially the power problem. I love the TV but with these problems not solved it is my first and even last PHILIPS tv.

Manuel
12-18-2011, 12:27 PM
Some times (in a regularly base defined by Philips), the TV wakes up, to do same actualization or check upgrades (channels etc.), then power off again.

Hello,

I just registered to share my experiences with this TV.

At first I was looking for a Samsung smarttv but I got a great deal on the Philips for 629 inc. tax.

If it is working, the TV is absolutely lovely.... IF !

I have some strange issues and I've tried everything but I cannot solve them.

1. When I want to watch TV I switch the TV on (cannot use standby due to reason 3), and switch my UPC settopbox on.
After a short while I can watch TV and everything but a minute or so later the TV goes into standby !
I have to wait a few seconds and then I can turn the TV back on. This should not be happening.

2. I have a XBMC media box I use to view movies. When watching a movie with another framerate (eg 24fps or 30fps) the TV has to switch to another refresh frequency. I happens too many times that the screen stays completely black. The ambilight on the other hand just works, so the TV gets a video feed. My old TV didnt have these problems. The fastest solution at that moment is to switch the TV off and on via the power switch.

3. My main reason I don't use standby.
I have a special system in my house that monitors the power usage of all appliances in the house and I can view this on my computer (plugwise).

When I put the TV to standby the TV uses under 1 watt, but thats a fifty-fifty situation. Many times the power uses just stays at 15 watts. If it is at 0 watts and I leave it there, at some point in time (usually between 6 and 7 am) it starts using 15 watts of power again.

This IS the time we come to the living room, but in the morning we don't even touch the TV or any remote control at all.

The only thing I can imaging is some ambient light sensor triggering the TV but I am not sure.

My house is build with every aspect of energy saving in mind. Isolation, heating, electrical appliances; everything is energy efficient. I have exchanged my 32" LCD TV (175 watts!) for this tv (30 to 50, average 40 with my settings), so standby power usage is a huge issue for me.

I hope these problems get fixed soon, especially the power problem. I love the TV but with these problems not solved it is my first and even last PHILIPS tv.

FHeibrink
12-18-2011, 12:33 PM
That's fine by me, BUT....... My TV stays powered on afterwards.
The screen stays black offcourse, but it is drawing 15 watts.

When I come back home I can see the power usage log of the TV and it keeps using 15 watts from the moment it's waked up in the morning.

_Luke_
12-20-2011, 08:12 AM
Dear Philips
Are needed to build a brand a few years of good quality products! (You have invented the CD, Unfortunately, now they will be retired.)
To destroy a brand just a few months...

turanga
12-20-2011, 08:22 AM
Guys, this becomes really annoying now. If you're not able to fix the bugs, make it opensource and let us fix it. It's really a shame to sell a tv with this poor firmware. It's such a beautiful tv but with this firmware it's useless! The last release was about 2 months ago (2 MONTHS!!) and with 14.91 none of the problems are solved, but instead there are new problems. Please make it opensource or let some else, who knows what he's doing, do it.

wimpie007
12-20-2011, 09:15 AM
and to begin with: LET US DOWGRADE!
.84 version made things worse!!

Kennedy01
12-20-2011, 09:20 AM
first of all: this forum should be renamed to users-forum instead of support-forum- I dont see much of that vendor-support.
Concerning the fw: 91 version has not even been officially released for 7k modells, you can already hear of problems with the sound (8&9k Modells) and a new 93 fw-version. Guess we would all appriciate an update on this issue.

That power-consumption issue can also be heard several times now...

btw: i like the idea of open source fw - even though it might influence warranty

turanga
12-20-2011, 09:28 AM
We are not Philips Test/QA Team. We are consumer and we pay for your products. And by now i'm really really pissed off. Since 4 months i only have trouble with this FW. FIX IT!

Grave
12-20-2011, 09:51 AM
Philips, Turanga is right. Or you hire some serious programmers or you let the community do it. I'm sure you can find some guys on the Internet who can't wait to start on this.

It looks like you copy past from older firmwares (older models). Including bugs... How is it otherwise possible for the 2011 models to have the same bugs which were allready solved in newer 2010 models firmwares... (supposedly solved, the changelog states that it is solved)

RomanSO
12-20-2011, 07:17 PM
I agree with expressed above: we don't want to be testers for Philips. We DEMAND qualitative software!!

_Luke_
12-21-2011, 08:51 AM
Mr Philips, how many people works for qualify your software???
less than one!!

I'm tired that the television switch off at its discretion, not to mention the rest!

But is there some lawyer may take legal action to associate with him!?

Manuel
12-21-2011, 09:07 AM
Philips don't develop de firmware, Phlips by a basic package (firmware and chip set) from NXP (now trident), and make some changes (to firmware) to make it Philips product.
So the problem cold be NXP or Philips?
Now days, sharp use the same package and make changes to de same, so anyone now similar problems on Sharp?
Some time in de past Sony do the same..........

turanga
12-21-2011, 10:20 AM
Sorry, but it doesn't interest me much who builds the bugs into the firmware. I just want a functional software for my tv. Again Philips, if you're not able to work it out, give me the source, the toolchain and packaging tools (incl. certificate to sign the package) and i will do it. Otherwise give me my money back! 4 months with a semi functional tv is not what i've buyed!

petasis
12-21-2011, 10:37 AM
What are the problems that this firmware has?
I think listing them in a post will help Philips identify the issues quicker.

turanga
12-21-2011, 10:43 AM
They are already listed many times. No need to repeat them over and over again. Philips knows the bugs.

petasis
12-21-2011, 11:16 AM
They are already listed many times. No need to repeat them over and over again. Philips knows the bugs.

Magically?
You have to understand that there are so many devices out there, and that problems usually come from them not obeying standards. Thus, firmware development usually involves making exceptions in code for mal-behaving devices. If you don't clarify and specify in detail the device & the problem you have, how will it be fixed?

Digitalassassin
12-21-2011, 11:16 AM
Dear Support,

I have 42PFL7406H/12 and 32PFL7406H/12 models with Q5551_0.14.84.0 and well known shutdown problem as all other users. This is extremely annoying, especially watching film from USB device (you need to turn on TV and go to the place where it was interrupted). Please fix this problem ASAP.

In addition to that I have another problem - when I insert my flash drive in USB (TV turned off/sleeping mode), TV starts to read it (led on USB is flashing) and ambilight turns on. Nothing happens after – ambilight stays on forever.

Also if would be nice if TV could resume playback (USB devises) from where it was stopped...

Thank you, hope you will fix those issues soon. Please keep me updated.

turanga
12-21-2011, 11:40 AM
Magically?
You have to understand that there are so many devices out there, and that problems usually come from them not obeying standards. Thus, firmware development usually involves making exceptions in code for mal-behaving devices. If you don't clarify and specify in detail the device & the problem you have, how will it be fixed?

Sorry, but are you serious? Did you have read this thread entirely? There are many post including model nr and error description and because this software is for all 5806, 6000 and 7000 series (2011 models), as written in the topic, this does not affect only a specific device.

mal-behaving devices

Who has build this "mal-behaving" devices you are speaking from?
How many times should we post this bugs until they get accepted and someone will begin to fix them?
And why isn't the FW tested before it gets released? Phillips is the vendor which should have all models at stock to test the new FW before releasing it to the customers.
I'm a software developer and if i would do such a job i would get fired.

_Luke_
12-21-2011, 12:02 PM
The real concern now is that the Philips does not write on the forum and did not give the list of bugs fixed in the latest release, now only for series 9/8K.

The news are that Philips has sold the television industry to China company

Perhaps Mr. Thomas & Co are more angry of us.

petasis
12-21-2011, 01:42 PM
Sorry, but are you serious? Did you have read this thread entirely? There are many post including model nr and error description and because this software is for all 5806, 6000 and 7000 series (2011 models), as written in the topic, this does not affect only a specific device.

I am referring to *connected* devices.
What problems are you facing?
Have you look into the firmware for larger series to see what fixes are in it, as it will be released also for lower series?

Who has build this "mal-behaving" devices you are speaking from?
How many times should we post this bugs until they get accepted and someone will begin to fix them?
And why isn't the FW tested before it gets released? Phillips is the vendor which should have all models at stock to test the new FW before releasing it to the customers.
I'm a software developer and if i would do such a job i would get fired.

What do you think will help most? Filling a thread with posts discussing the problems, or filling the thread with complains, chocking the problems in unrelated posts?

Wouldn't it be nicer if you started a new thread, to complain about how bad you find things, instead of chocking this thread that is for a specific firmware release?

petasis
12-21-2011, 01:43 PM
The real concern now is that the Philips does not write on the forum and did not give the list of bugs fixed in the latest release, now only for series 9/8K.

The news are that Philips has sold the television industry to China company

Perhaps Mr. Thomas & Co are more angry of us.

Do you think that the new firmware released for larger series will not be available for series 7000 and below?

Toengel
12-21-2011, 01:48 PM
Hi,

Philips released version 14.91 for 8K and 9K (they always release firmware for these two series first). Then they found a new problem - consequently, they didn't released 14.91 for 6K and 7K series...

Toengel@Alex

turanga
12-21-2011, 02:02 PM
I am referring to *connected* devices.
What problems are you facing?
Have you look into the firmware for larger series to see what fixes are in it, as it will be released also for lower series?

What do you think will help most? Filling a thread with posts discussing the problems, or filling the thread with complains, chocking the problems in unrelated posts?

Wouldn't it be nicer if you started a new thread, to complain about how bad you find things, instead of chocking this thread that is for a specific firmware release?

Man, you driving me crazy. There are 10 pages that discuss the problems in this thread. And a lot of pages in other threads for earlier firmware versions. And till now things are getting worse. Don't you think, that at some point of time when things only are getting worse people don't want to fill posts with bug descriptions again and again? I think we were really patient with Philips but after months of filling reports and asking for support, i don't want to be patient anymore. It's a shame to leave customer with a FW that periodiclly shuts down the tv, stops video playback after 20 minutes and so on. And without the possibility to downgrade to an earlier FW.

We want qualitative Software for our products and we want a statement from Philips about the timeline/roadmap for bugfixes and releases.

Toengel
12-21-2011, 02:06 PM
Hi,

some minutes ago Thomas wrote in a different thread that a new firmware is already in the pipeline... (I think it will be 14.93).

Toengel@Alex

petasis
12-21-2011, 08:35 PM
Man, you driving me crazy. There are 10 pages that discuss the problems in this thread. And a lot of pages in other threads for earlier firmware versions. And till now things are getting worse. Don't you think, that at some point of time when things only are getting worse people don't want to fill posts with bug descriptions again and again? I think we were really patient with Philips but after months of filling reports and asking for support, i don't want to be patient anymore. It's a shame to leave customer with a FW that periodiclly shuts down the tv, stops video playback after 20 minutes and so on. And without the possibility to downgrade to an earlier FW.

We want qualitative Software for our products and we want a statement from Philips about the timeline/roadmap for bugfixes and releases.

I have read all your posts, and the only one that is reporting something is this:

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2669-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0.14.76.0-for-5806-6000-and-7000-series-%282011-models%29&p=14290#post14290

And I think this is more a wish list, than a bug report.
I still cannot see what are the bugs that affect *your* usage of the TV.

turanga
12-21-2011, 09:36 PM
I have read all your posts, and the only one that is reporting something is this:

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2669-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0.14.76.0-for-5806-6000-and-7000-series-%282011-models%29&p=14290#post14290

And I think this is more a wish list, than a bug report.
I still cannot see what are the bugs that affect *your* usage of the TV.

Just a question:
Do you work for Philips? Or why are you driving me nuts?

I told you, that the bugs are already posted. Not by me but by other users with same model and not only once. So why should i post them again? Just because of you? This is my last answer to your posts.

And again Philips: Fix the bugs or hire someone to do it or make it open source (best choice).

Good night!

Toengel
12-21-2011, 09:44 PM
Hi,

firmware is finished and will hopefully be released in a short term for the 6K-7K series:

Q555x_x.14.93.0 (Publication date : 2011-12-21)

Solution stuttering noise on HDMI.
Q555x_x.14.91.0 (Publication date : 2011-12-13)

Solution Mettalic sound when switching between SD and HD sources.
Solution about visible artefacts on the 46PFL9706.
Solution for no sound from HTS when preset changed from DVB-C to analoge
cable.
Solution for set hangs in semi-standby after switch off,coming from
standby.
Solution for set goes to standby after exact 2 hours.
Solution about startup of the set the splash screen comes up,a reboot
happens and the splash screen comes up again.
Solution for set startup with sound and ambilight but no picture.
Solution for sound drop when connected via HDMI.
Solution for video continuously stutters in H264 services DVB-T.
Solution for No HD+services anymore possible when provider driven SW
update is done. (Germany,Austria and Switserland)

Toengel@Alex

stefanox
12-22-2011, 02:17 AM
Versie: 000.014.093.000, Zip-bestand, 73.95 MB, Publicatiedatum: 2011-12-21

online on your product page!!

RomanSO
12-22-2011, 07:20 AM
If 14.91 firmware will bring a solution of a problem with "deenergizing" of TV it it is good for sure.
But!
Any improvement in the built in videoplayer isn't present? Philips in general notice, what they are written here by dissatisfied users?

22.12.2011: still no new firmware online for 42PFL7606H

Tarrie
12-22-2011, 10:18 AM
My 40PFL6606H/12 finally functions properly after installing the Q5551_0.14.88.0 firmware. As long as my TV works as intended, I'll stuck to this FW :p

_Luke_
12-22-2011, 11:58 AM
How do you qualify a software (x.14.91.0) and after 5 days out with another (x.14.93.0)
They are software engineers or florists!

We are talking about products ranging from 800€ to 2000€

Toengel
12-22-2011, 03:35 PM
Hi,

firmware 14.93 is now available for 5806, 6000 and 7000 series: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3772-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0.14.93.0-for-5806-6000-and-7000-series-(2011-models)

Toengel@Alex

wimpie007
12-22-2011, 03:36 PM
.93 is available for download.
installed it, to early to say if power/sound problems are fixed...
regards,

Toengel
12-22-2011, 03:41 PM
Hi,

please post feedback on 14.93 here: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3772-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0.14.93.0-for-5806-6000-and-7000-series-(2011-models

Toengel@Alex

petasis
12-22-2011, 04:01 PM
Just a question:
Do you work for Philips? Or why are you driving me nuts?

I told you, that the bugs are already posted. Not by me but by other users with same model and not only once. So why should i post them again? Just because of you? This is my last answer to your posts.

And again Philips: Fix the bugs or hire someone to do it or make it open source (best choice).

Good night!

A simple reason: it is not possible to face all the bugs reported by all users.
But you are complaining like nothing works in your TV. And you demand fixes for bugs you haven't reported.

wimpie007
12-22-2011, 04:13 PM
@petasis:
just READ the forums: the problems are very clear...
it's not about implementing features, it's about NORMAL OPERATION bugs: automatic shutdown after 2 hours, sound loss, metallic sound when changing inputs etc.
READ, or STFU.

petasis
12-22-2011, 05:50 PM
@petasis:
just READ the forums: the problems are very clear...
it's not about implementing features, it's about NORMAL OPERATION bugs: automatic shutdown after 2 hours, sound loss, metallic sound when changing inputs etc.
READ, or STFU.

Thanks, you are very polite.
Sorry for disturbing you from abusing this forum, you can continue bashing Philips...

wimpie007
12-22-2011, 06:30 PM
we are not abusing this forum. We just want want a working television set.

Toengel
12-22-2011, 06:38 PM
Hi,

just install 14.93 - it's a good step in the right direction!

Toengel@Alex

wimpie007
12-22-2011, 06:46 PM
Yes it seems that way!
No shutdowns in the last 3 hours...

Philips - Thomas
12-23-2011, 06:24 AM
Hi

FW 14.93 is out and comes with lots of fixes. Please all Update your sets and use this Link. (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3760-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0.14.93.0-for-8000-9000-and-21-9-series-(2011-models))

Regards
Thomas
[Close]

morma
01-16-2012, 08:18 PM
Hi

I Have the 2 hours shutdown along with other issues on my 42pfl7606h/12, Firmware is the newest 14.93