PDA

View Full Version : BDP5180 screen reacts on adjusting the amplifier volume

Zwartij
10-21-2011, 06:51 PM
BDP5180 is connected to my amplifier by digital SP/DIF coaxial input.
When turning the volume knob the screen goes black for a few seconds.
Its not that anoying, just a bit weird.

Hm, maybe a bad amplifier which interfers? Don't think so, its an Arcam.

What do you exprience with a connected amplifier?

Oscar
10-24-2011, 06:04 AM
Here it is always nice to test on a different amplifier, to see what kind of behaviour you get.

Regards

Zwartij
10-24-2011, 05:51 PM
Here it is always nice to test on a different amplifier, to see what kind of behaviour you get.You are quite right !
Luckely I have a second amplifier. Not much people will have that luxery.

With all the cables deconnecting, connecting, deconnecting and connecting starting a topic on this forum is probably more efficient though.
Lets wait for some other experiences with the connected SP/DIF.

Pacman
10-24-2011, 06:59 PM
I think what Oscar means is to test it somewhere else, in a diferent place, friend, neigbour,... family.

I always try where possible to test different things, cables, tv,network etc.....Lets call it basic troubleshooting. To take my TV somewhere else is a bit hard but to take my BDP is "easy"......

Good luck and keep us informed

Zwartij
10-25-2011, 07:57 PM
[QUOTE=Pacman;15005]I always try where possible to test different things, cables, tv,network etc.....Lets call it basic troubleshooting. To take my TV somewhere else is a bit hard but to take my BDP is "easy"....../QUOTE]Its less a hassle but still
With all the cables deconnecting, connecting, deconnecting and connecting starting a topic on this forum is probably more efficient though.
Lets wait for some other experiences with the connected SP/DIF. I presume I am not the only user with a surround set around here.

Zwartij
11-02-2011, 06:49 PM
Hm, no one yet is using the coaxial SP/DIF for connection to their surround sound amplifier?

Zwartij
11-04-2011, 06:25 PM
Something with grounding?
DVD-player also not grounded doesn't have this issue.