PDA

View Full Version : 46PFL9705H/12 crashes when Seagate BlackArmor NAS 110 2TB present on network

ustokenbergs
10-24-2011, 04:05 PM
Hi!

Purchased Seagate BlackArmor NAS 110 2TB for media streaming needs. Works well even with Full HD movies, but time to time start to crash TV. Crashes happens when watching movie from NAS, TV do quick reboot and returns to last viewed TV channel. Reboots happens also when watching movie from HDD, or even watching Free to Air digital TV channels.
Such problem appears not only in my configuration.
http://forums.seagate.com/t5/BlackArmor-NAS-Network-Storage/110-causes-Philips-TV-to-crash/m-p/96822/highlight/true#M3710
Has anyone any ideas, how to fix these crashes?

Uldis

a_Tom
11-03-2011, 01:28 PM
i just saw a comment in that thread that latest FW for the TVs did solve the issue.

Nano
11-07-2011, 12:04 PM
i just saw a comment in that thread that latest FW for the TVs did solve the issue.
Where did you see this comment?

I have an 47PFL7696K (identical with 47PFL7606K) TV and a Seagate BlackArmor NAS 110 2TB too. The firmware of both TV and NAS is up-to-date. And I have the same problem! :(
If the NAS is connected to the network the TV resets and restarts from time to time. It is possible to look photos or to hear mp3 from the NAS but only some minutes. Then the TV crashes again.
Additionally I have a Philips home cinema system HTS7201 connected with the TV. It has an own network connection and this works well. If I disconnect the TV from the network I can hear mp3 or look photos from the NAS via the HTS7201 without problems.
Thus, it seems to be a problem of the TV. Or a combination of this NAS type and Philips TVs.
The Seagate forum shows there are further customers with the same problem. (Follow the link above in the post of ustokenbergs!)

What is to do? Wait and hope for the next update? Is someone from Philips working on this issue?

Nano

DerShortyy
11-07-2011, 12:33 PM
Hi!

Purchased Seagate BlackArmor NAS 110 2TB for media streaming needs. Works well even with Full HD movies, but time to time start to crash TV. Crashes happens when watching movie from NAS, TV do quick reboot and returns to last viewed TV channel. Reboots happens also when watching movie from HDD, or even watching Free to Air digital TV channels.
Such problem appears not only in my configuration.
http://forums.seagate.com/t5/BlackArmor-NAS-Network-Storage/110-causes-Philips-TV-to-crash/m-p/96822/highlight/true#M3710
Has anyone any ideas, how to fix these crashes?

Uldis

I have an 32pfl9705/k02. From time to time when i watch something in NET TV using the myremote app, or I do use a DLNA Server to stream content from the PC ( Wifi Media Connect ) or stream content from the Samsung Galaxy S2 via iMediashare the TV also crashes. as described above. This is very annoying!